SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Pulling Smitty Last One

20 janv. 2023 à 14 h 48
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528
Quoting: Hobo
He isn't that bad of a player - he will never live up to the 4th overall, but I am sure he can find a home in the NHL. I mean you talk about systems but Edmonton isn't really known for it being a systematic team, if they were, they would likely perform a little better in the playoffs.

I never said he was a bad player.
20 janv. 2023 à 17 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Quoting: DefenseFirst
Because there aren’t fancy numbers that are going to show attention to detail and structure. The stats are just lazy. What are we doing here? If all someone is going to do is regurgitate analytics, i don’t care. I can look up their, “opinion,” on a website. It’s just thoroughly uninteresting.

I try to watch every edmonton game. McDavid is must watch tv.

No, stats help provide context when used correctly. Funny thing about you eyes is they show you want you want to see. If you opinion on a player is "x" then your eyes will look for things that cofirm that opinion.

We could keep going in circles, but it'll get us no where. You seem like a eye test rules all person and I'm more of a eye test & stats person. No matter what I say or stats I bring won't matter because you'll simply say watch the game in order to deflect. For both of our sanity it's probably best we avoid each other

cheers
20 janv. 2023 à 18 h 33
Quoting: ON3M4N
No, stats help provide context when used correctly. Funny thing about you eyes is they show you want you want to see. If you opinion on a player is "x" then your eyes will look for things that cofirm that opinion.

We could keep going in circles, but it'll get us no where. You seem like a eye test rules all person and I'm more of a eye test & stats person. No matter what I say or stats I bring won't matter because you'll simply say watch the game in order to deflect. For both of our sanity it's probably best we avoid each other

cheers

I’m more of a stat and eye test person as well, but the stats are definitely secondary. When someone comes with, “this stat is proof of x y or z,” then I’m just out. If that’s you, then sure. Let’s avoid each other.

Parting question though: if you think Puljujarvi is a 4th line guy, why do you want a $3M 4th line guy?
20 janv. 2023 à 20 h 1
I’m more of a stat and eye test person as well, but the stats are definitely secondary. When someone comes with, “this stat is proof of x y or z,” then I’m just out. If that’s you, then sure. Let’s avoid each other.

Parting question though: if you think Puljujarvi is a 4th line guy, why do you want a $3M 4th line guy?

I mean we pay Smith that to be healthy scratch. I never said he was a 4th line guy. His style of play works on a 4th line, but for me he has more offensive upside than a normal 4th liner. I see him as a 3rd liner, so having him on the 4th line is an advantage. Kind if like how we roll Hall out in the 3rd line, yet he's a top 6 forward.
20 janv. 2023 à 20 h 8
I mean we pay Smith that to be healthy scratch. I never said he was a 4th line guy. His style of play works on a 4th line, but for me he has more offensive upside than a normal 4th liner. I see him as a 3rd liner, so having him on the 4th line is an advantage. Kind if like how we roll Hall out in the 3rd line, yet he's a top 6 forward.

Again, can’t really see anyone watching him play a shift and thinking that he can play a fourth line style. It’s one of the reasons he’s pretty useless and isn’t going to get more than a 4th or 3rd in return. Not good enough to be in a top six, can’t play a bottom six style. From the perspective of a good deep NHL team, he’s useless. Let him go to vancouver where they can try to fix him. Bruins don’t have time for that reclamation crap.
21 janv. 2023 à 8 h 22
Again, can’t really see anyone watching him play a shift and thinking that he can play a fourth line style. It’s one of the reasons he’s pretty useless and isn’t going to get more than a 4th or 3rd in return. Not good enough to be in a top six, can’t play a bottom six style. From the perspective of a good deep NHL team, he’s useless. Let him go to vancouver where they can try to fix him. Bruins don’t have time for that reclamation crap.

Lmao right away you default of mentioning watching him play. The very first sentence of your response is the sake old comment from you. You give no actual analysis of why he doesn't, it's just watch him play.

This is where I get of this ride of insanity. Enjoy the site

cheers
21 janv. 2023 à 9 h 3
Lmao right away you default of mentioning watching him play. The very first sentence of your response is the sake old comment from you. You give no actual analysis of why he doesn't, it's just watch him play.

This is where I get of this ride of insanity. Enjoy the site

cheers

I gave plenty of analysis. You gave information from a website. If i want you’re opinion, I’ll just look it up.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage