Forums/Armchair-GM

Buffalo Sabres 2017-2018

Créé par: Its716Gaming
Équipe: 2017-18 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 15 mai 2017
Publié: 28 mai 2017
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is my 1st attempt at one of these, hope to hear feedback!

Overview:

I really don't think Buffalo is far off from being a good team, just need to fix up the blue line and coaching I think was the biggest problem. Bylsma's scheme just wasn't working and is outdated. For this offseason, I don't think the sabres need to make many moves. First, I see so many people giving up on Reinhart already and want him traded. Reinhart is only 22 and is establishing himself as a top-six forward with the Sabres. He is skilled and is a versatile playmaker. He's only been in the NHL for 2 seasons and I think just because some players like Leon Draisaitl who was drafted after him at 3rd overall have been having more success than him, people are quick to call him a bust. He is still developing and will be a big piece for the sabres down the road.

As for Evander Kane, he is coming off a very good season even after missing some games. I do think it would be a great move to extend Kane down the road for cap reasons, but he’s a hell of a hockey player. Honestly, anything can happen with Kane and the sabres, I see them having him at the beginning of the season, but see him being traded most likely by the trade deadline this upcoming season.

Some FA/Trade Explanations:

Kris Versteeg is only 31 and an experienced player, debuting in 2006. Versteeg posted a 37 point season in Calgary on their 3rd line. Versteeg became one of there more versatile players in the lineup. He is someone that can add some veteran leadership to a very young team .

Matt Moulson's time in Buffalo I think is pretty much over. The problems with Moulson is his contract, the term of the contract, the money, and he just doesn’t fit what this team needs, he's coming off a decent season but I think that he will be selected by Vegas to add some veteran leadership to a new team, also his connection with Vegas GM George McPhee could be another reason he is selected.

I see Gionta making a return this season. He has stated that he would like to sign an extension and with GM Botterill's view on veteran players, I think he will respect that and give Gionta a small extension.

The Sabres biggest need all year has been on the backend. I don't see them re-signing Franson or Kulikov, they might resign Kulikov but probably for a sign and trade. I think they should go after a guy like Josh Manson from Anaheim. Josh is only 25 years old and is a solid shutdown defenseman. He plays a physical style on defense and uses his size to advantage, he is a reliable player in his own end and skates well for a player of his size. Also, additions like Viktor Antipin and Brandon Guhle most likely making the roster this season is big improvements.

Lastly, I don't know how realistic it is but Vanek could make a return to Buffalo. He's coming off a decent season putting up decent numbers and would be a nice addition for a season or 2.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
33 250 000 $
3900 000 $
2900 000 $
22 500 000 $
21 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1950 000 $
Antipin, Viktor
1950 000 $
11 250 000 $
22 500 000 $
Transactions
BUF
    Expansion Draft
    ANA
    1. Girgensons, Zemgus
    2. Nelson, Casey
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2018 (BUF)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de BUF
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2173 000 000 $51 040 358 $0 $5 840 000 $21 959 642 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
    C
    UFA - 6
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    689 167 $689 167 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    AG
    UFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
    AD
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 2
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    Antipin, Viktor
    950 000 $950 000 $
    5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 5
    1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    825 000 $825 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    697 500 $697 500 $ (Bonis de performance257 500 $$258K)
    DG
    UFA - 3
    5 142 857 $5 142 857 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    900 000 $900 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    28 mai 2017 à 15 h 2
    Rejoint: mai 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 208
    Anaheim can get more for Manson regardless of the fact that there is the expansion draft. Otherwise nice job
    Its716Gaming a aimé ceci.
    28 mai 2017 à 15 h 7
    GMTM
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 0
    looks pretty good, not giving up a lot here which i like. only problem is that we have to hope nylander will be nhl ready next year and if not we have to get a top 6 forward via trade or free agency
    28 mai 2017 à 15 h 23
    Démarrer sujet
    Mentions "j'aime": 3
    Quoting: GMTM
    looks pretty good, not giving up a lot here which i like. only problem is that we have to hope nylander will be nhl ready next year and if not we have to get a top 6 forward via trade or free agency

Very true, I forgot to take that into account. I liked what I saw from him at the end of the season so I think it could be possible.
    28 mai 2017 à 17 h 17
    Mentions "j'aime": 602
    I like your thinking on Manson but I agree with the previous post that you will have to sweeten the deal for the Ducks. I would say make the draft pick a 2017 4th Round and include Casey Nelson.

I am not onboard with bringing back Gionta. There was a problem in the room that can not be only blamed on our coaching staff & GM. I do not think it is beneficial to bring Gionta back and give the 'C' to Rino. That just creates a real strange dynamic IMO. You still have plenty of cap room so I would say take the $1,250,000 from Gionta and add $2,250,000 and sign Bonino.

I like the Versteeg signing.

I would like to see the Sabres not bring back Vanek but instead look for Bailey, Baptiste and/or Fashing to make the step up to a full time NHL role.

What are your thoughts and plans for Carrier. His game showed he is ready for a 3rd or 4th line PT.

I think the Sabres best option for Nylander is to leave him in Rochester for another year. This does the following:

1. Delays his initial contract clock from starting which delays future cap aspects;
    2. Give him a year in the Botterill system where there are no expectations on him or his game;
    3. Nylander will be constantly compared to his brother due to the rivalry that exist with Toronto. Let Alex develop at his own pace and learn to play a two way game;

I agree that McPhee would be willing to take Moulson in the expansion draft but I think you will need to offer him pick or picks &/or an player that can help fill out his minor league affiliations.

Good effort on the first attempt IMO.
    28 mai 2017 à 19 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Mentions "j'aime": 3
    Quoting: wagsnags
    I like your thinking on Manson but I agree with the previous post that you will have to sweeten the deal for the Ducks. I would say make the draft pick a 2017 4th Round and include Casey Nelson.

I am not onboard with bringing back Gionta. There was a problem in the room that can not be only blamed on our coaching staff & GM. I do not think it is beneficial to bring Gionta back and give the 'C' to Rino. That just creates a real strange dynamic IMO. You still have plenty of cap room so I would say take the $1,250,000 from Gionta and add $2,250,000 and sign Bonino.

I would like to see the Sabres not bring back Vanek but instead look for Bailey, Baptiste and/or Fashing to make the step up to a full time NHL role.

What are your thoughts and plans for Carrier. His game showed he is ready for a 3rd or 4th line PT.

I think the Sabres best option for Nylander is to leave him in Rochester for another year. This does the following:

1. Delays his initial contract clock from starting which delays future cap aspects;
    2. Give him a year in the Botterill system where there are no expectations on him or his game;
    3. Nylander will be constantly compared to his brother due to the rivalry that exist with Toronto. Let Alex develop at his own pace and learn to play a two way game;

I agree that McPhee would be willing to take Moulson in the expansion draft but I think you will need to offer him pick or picks &/or an player that can help fill out his minor league affiliations.

Quoting: wagsnags

Thanks! Look back on it there are some thing I will change when I get the chance like finding someonr to replace Nylander because I do agree he should play in Roc next year, think I jumped the gun on that one. Carrier could be a good fit he has been play well. I also would not want Gionta back but I have a feeling he will be back.

Thanks for the feedback!
    29 mai 2017 à 13 h 57
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,850
    I doubt that's enough for Manson too
    At least need a 2nd rounder in there
    Ducks are so deep at defense, Nelson might never ever play meaningful games for them unless of injuries
    Idk if they'd have much interest in him

Don't like Vanek or Versteeg
    I'd rather just playing Bailey & Baptiste

If we get Manson, I'd be thrilled though
    He's tops on my defensemen wish list for us

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage