Forums/Armchair-GM

Beautiful Disaster

Créé par: IDKtbh
Équipe: 2022-23 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 19 août 2022
Publié: 19 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In this exercise, Larkin & Bertuzzi would like to leave the D and the Wings aren’t doing very well with the revamped roster.

Please, enjoy this highly unrealistic Picasso.
Transactions
DET
  1. Clarke, Brandt
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
LAK
  1. Larkin, Dylan
Détails additionnels:
Larkin signs extension for 8 years at $8.5m
DET
  1. Lysell, Fabian
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
BOS
  1. Bertuzzi, Tyler
  2. Rasmussen, Michael
Détails additionnels:
Extension for 6 years at $7.25m
DET
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (WSH)
DET
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (VGK)
Détails additionnels:
Top 10 protected
DET
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Hronek, Filip (2 200 000 $ retained)
DET
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (OTT)
DET
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (NSH)
NSH
  1. Erne, Adam (1 050 000 $ retained)
  2. Smith, Givani
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de LAK
Logo de BOS
Logo de VGK
Logo de EDM
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de WSH
Logo de OTT
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de NSH
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DAL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $52 742 223 $0 $3 857 500 $29 757 777 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
894 167 $894 167 $
AD
RFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
RFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
878 333 $878 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, C
RFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
894 167 $894 167 $
DD
RFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 août 2022 à 0 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,169
Quoting: IDKtbh
I mean, nobody is actively seeking to trade their top prospects but if an opportunity presented itself to acquire a player like Dylan Larkin (which it won’t), teams would have no issue moving a player like Byfield or even Clarke. The value isn’t off on either trade in my opinion, it’s just a matter of whether or not the stars align for that type of deal. And it won’t.

I don't agree. I think the Kings would just wait until next summer and pitch him in free agency.

The Kings were in pretty heavily on Jack Eichel, but left the table because Buffalo insisted on including one of Byfield or Clarke. Blake walked away from the table rather than give up either one of those guys.

That was for 5 years of Jack Eichel. This is for 1 year of Dylan Larkin. I don't care if there's an extension in place or not. Detroit doesn't get compensated for unsigned years of a player that has one year left.
Artman91 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 5 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Ned is not worth a 1st. They have Thompson, they don't need a goalie right now.
20 août 2022 à 12 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,395
Quoting: tkecanuck341
I don't agree. I think the Kings would just wait until next summer and pitch him in free agency.

The Kings were in pretty heavily on Jack Eichel, but left the table because Buffalo insisted on including one of Byfield or Clarke. Blake walked away from the table rather than give up either one of those guys.

That was for 5 years of Jack Eichel. This is for 1 year of Dylan Larkin. I don't care if there's an extension in place or not. Detroit doesn't get compensated for unsigned years of a player that has one year left.

It’s always very telling when people use the Jack Eichel trade as a comparable to anything.

Jack Eichel is a special player, there’s no question about that.

He had a serious neck injury and was in the midst of a controversial dispute with his team regarding an unapproved surgery on his neck.

Not to mention, the risk involved with the health of the player required the acquiring team to take on a $10m AAV contract along with any potential uncertainty with his health.

Stop using this trade as a reference or barometer.

If Eichel was healthy at the time of the trade, they would have gotten 3x what they got for him. He’s not a player you trade without being under those circumstances.
20 août 2022 à 12 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: a23wood
Ned is not worth a 1st. They have Thompson, they don't need a goalie right now.

Brother, who is Thompson…..🥴
20 août 2022 à 13 h 20
It’s always very telling when people use the Jack Eichel trade as a comparable to anything.

Jack Eichel is a special player, there’s no question about that.

He had a serious neck injury and was in the midst of a controversial dispute with his team regarding an unapproved surgery on his neck.

Not to mention, the risk involved with the health of the player required the acquiring team to take on a $10m AAV contract along with any potential uncertainty with his health.

Stop using this trade as a reference or barometer.

If Eichel was healthy at the time of the trade, they would have gotten 3x what they got for him. He’s not a player you trade without being under those circumstances.

I don't care about his actual return. Lisa Dillman reported several times while she was still at The Athletic that Blake has said he has no interest in moving either of Byfield or Clarke.

Not for Jack Eichel, not for Dylan Larkin, not for Jacob Chychryn, not for anyone.

Stop thinking your player is the exception to that. He's not.
Artman91 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
I don't care about his actual return. Lisa Dillman reported several times while she was still at The Athletic that Blake has said he has no interest in moving either of Byfield or Clarke.

Not for Jack Eichel, not for Dylan Larkin, not for Jacob Chychryn, not for anyone.

Stop thinking your player is the exception to that. He's not.

The fact that you italicized “the Athletic” really helped drive your point home. Nice work.
20 août 2022 à 14 h 54
The fact that you italicized “the Athletic” really helped drive your point home. Nice work.

It wasn't for emphasis, but for proper citation. Sorry (not sorry) if my respect for journalists and their work offends you.

Nice work completely dodging said point.
Artman91 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
It wasn't for emphasis, but for proper citation. Sorry (not sorry) if my respect for journalists and their work offends you.

Nice work completely dodging said point.

Responding to conjecture didn’t seem productive to me.
20 août 2022 à 15 h 34
Responding to conjecture didn’t seem productive to me.

The entire point you've made in this ACGM (that teams will give up their top prospects for 1 year of Larkin) is conjecture.
20 août 2022 à 16 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
The entire point you've made in this ACGM (that teams will give up their top prospects for 1 year of Larkin) is conjecture.

You’re 100% wrong. I never said or implied that.
21 août 2022 à 16 h 23
You’re 100% wrong. I never said or implied that.

"I mean, nobody is actively seeking to trade their top prospects but if an opportunity presented itself to acquire a player like Dylan Larkin (which it won’t), teams would have no issue moving a player like Byfield or even Clarke. "
Artman91 a aimé ceci.
21 août 2022 à 16 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
"I mean, nobody is actively seeking to trade their top prospects but if an opportunity presented itself to acquire a player like Dylan Larkin (which it won’t), teams would have no issue moving a player like Byfield or even Clarke. "

Ugh. Brother, I literally included in my post that the guy signs an extension in the trade.

Even the comment you quoted has nothing to do with contract status and only the quality of player acquired in response to your comment about the players being untouchable.
21 août 2022 à 17 h 16
Ugh. Brother, I literally included in my post that the guy signs an extension in the trade.

Even the comment you quoted has nothing to do with contract status and only the quality of player acquired in response to your comment about the players being untouchable.

I don't understand why people think that a team like Detroit should be compensated for uncontracted years of a pending UFA. Detroit has one year of control left over Larkin's contract. They're going to get paid for one year of Larkin. If the team that acquires him signs him to an extension, great, but that doesn't mean that Detroit should get a return for 9 years of Larkin.

Dylan Larkin is an exceptional player. 1 year of him is worth a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a "good-but-not-great" NHL-ready prospect. Short of Connor McDavid, no pending UFA is worth a blue-chip prospect like Clarke or Byfield. If LA signs him to an extension after that, good for them. It doesn't affect his trade return.
21 août 2022 à 17 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
I don't understand why people think that a team like Detroit should be compensated for uncontracted years of a pending UFA. Detroit has one year of control left over Larkin's contract. They're going to get paid for one year of Larkin. If the team that acquires him signs him to an extension, great, but that doesn't mean that Detroit should get a return for 9 years of Larkin.

Dylan Larkin is an exceptional player. 1 year of him is worth a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a "good-but-not-great" NHL-ready prospect. Short of Connor McDavid, no pending UFA is worth a blue-chip prospect like Clarke or Byfield. If LA signs him to an extension after that, good for them. It doesn't affect his trade return.

I think you’re missing something here. And, let me start by agreeing with you on the differing of values of a player based on their team control.

With that being said, the basis of my trade scenarios, is that prior to agreeing to a trade, the acquiring team is allowed to speak to the players agent and come to terms on an extension prior to agreeing to a trade.

Take the Seth Jones trade for example, that is exactly what happened before that trade took place. It’s pretty common.

But again, I agree that a players value is absolutely impacted by whether or not an extension is in place and if a team agrees to a trade for a player on an expiring deal and the team ends up extending the player later like the Nick Leddy deal for example, then no, that extension should not be taken into account in the trade.
21 août 2022 à 17 h 27
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,488
Can Boston even afford that-
21 août 2022 à 17 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: IconicHawk
Can Boston even afford that-

Next offseason would dictate that with about $20m+ Coming off the books with Pastrnak to re-sign. So, it’s conceivable; I don’t believe they go into rebuild mode once Bergeron & co are gone.
21 août 2022 à 17 h 40
I think you’re missing something here. And, let me start by agreeing with you on the differing of values of a player based on their team control.

With that being said, the basis of my trade scenarios, is that prior to agreeing to a trade, the acquiring team is allowed to speak to the players agent and come to terms on an extension prior to agreeing to a trade.

Take the Seth Jones trade for example, that is exactly what happened before that trade took place. It’s pretty common.

But again, I agree that a players value is absolutely impacted by whether or not an extension is in place and if a team agrees to a trade for a player on an expiring deal and the team ends up extending the player later like the Nick Leddy deal for example, then no, that extension should not be taken into account in the trade.

My point is that being able to speak with a player's agent prior to the deal determines whether or not a team will trade for a player at all, but does not affect the trade return.

A team like LA isn't in the market for rentals, so if they called up Yzerman and said "Hey we're interested in Larkin, can we talk to his agent about an extension before we do a trade?" If Yzerman said no, Blake just hangs up the phone and no deal gets done. If Yzerman says yes, and Blake and Larkin's agent work something out, then the Yzerman and Blake work out a return for the 1 year remaining on Larkin's contract. The extra 8 years that Blake and Larkin's agent agreed to have no bearing on the return at all.
21 août 2022 à 21 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Stats Are For Losers
My point is that being able to speak with a player's agent prior to the deal determines whether or not a team will trade for a player at all, but does not affect the trade return.

A team like LA isn't in the market for rentals, so if they called up Yzerman and said "Hey we're interested in Larkin, can we talk to his agent about an extension before we do a trade?" If Yzerman said no, Blake just hangs up the phone and no deal gets done. If Yzerman says yes, and Blake and Larkin's agent work something out, then the Yzerman and Blake work out a return for the 1 year remaining on Larkin's contract. The extra 8 years that Blake and Larkin's agent agreed to have no bearing on the return at all.

Yeah, that’s where we disagree and that’s okay.
22 août 2022 à 0 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Brother, who is Thompson…..🥴

You'll find out soon.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage