Forums/Armchair-GM

Who are these three equal to in terms of value

Créé par: Cardiac
Équipe: 2022-23 Stars de Dallas
Date de création initiale: 6 août 2022
Publié: 6 août 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In my opinion, stankoven, bourque, and Johnston are three of the most valuable prospects in the NHL. All are in my top 30 prospects and are all elite center prospects. The only sets of three prospects who I believe are more valuable are

Power-quinn-peterka
Hughes-nemec-holtz
Rossi-wallstedt-yurov
Jiricek-Johnson-mateychuk

With all three of the stars prospects being centers, it is very plausible that somebody may be moved. I do believe stankoven would be a good winger at the NHL level but he is the guy I see transitioning into the wing the best. Not to mention after these three, the center depth in the stars organization is insane. Dellandrea stranges and damiani could all make an impact at the NHL level. Dellandrea, the 2018 13th OA pick has been slower in development but I believe he is still a solid middle 6 option. Damiani is one season removed from being the AHL rookie of the year and while his production regressed, if he is able to bounce back, he also has legit potential. Antonio Stranges is the human highlight reel. He has a unique skating style and his edge work is unmatched at the CHL level. He also has an above average shot that would translate to the NHL. The main problem with Stranges is the lack of diversity in his game. He is relatively one dimensional and I don’t think that is necessarily a bad thing at the moment. If he develops other aspects to his games in the AHL this coming season, I wouldn’t be surprised if he make a serious NHL jump in the 2023-2024 season.

Now that I have established the depth of the stars pool at center, let’s do a dive into the three main prospects in question.

Stankoven-
Selected 47th overall in 2021, I see stankoven being the next alex debrincat. Both are undersized pure goal scorers who were easily a first round talents yet fell in the draft based on their size. Stankoven lead the WHL in PPG with 45 goals and 104 points in 59 games. Stankoven was over .75 GPG in his D+1 year. A large reason why he fell off like a lot of other CHL players did in the 2021 draft was due to limited play. That combined with size left stankoven as a mid second round pick and a pick that is shaping out to be a steal. Stankoven has the potential to be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL and with the talent in the stars system, he will definitely be a commodity in the NHL.

Bourque-
The QMJHL leader in PPG with 2.1 PPG. Mind you he only played 29 games but he was on a torrid pace when he was playing. I think if he were to play more than half the season, his PPG would have been under 2 but still in the high 1s. The only thing that limits bourque to this position is the lack of games played. The 2020 30th overall pick is a major boom or bust prospect. I am leaning much more towards boom as he makes his teammates better. It can be seen in Xavier bourgault. Bourgaults production when he was away from bourque was much less than when he was with him and seeing that contrast is why I believe he is looking like a major steal.

Johnston-
Johnston was one of the biggest wildcards from the 2021 draft. Johnston did not play a single OHL game in his draft year and at the U18s he was given a checking role and still managed to score 4 points in those 7 games. He was ranked in the mid to late second round and was seen as a major reach when he was selected 23rd overall in the 2021 draft. I was shocked with the pick and honestly saw this as a pick that was not that great and saw it as a major reach and was confused that the stars would leave talent like stankoven and raty on the board. In his D+1 year, Johnston went off. 46 goals and 124 points in 68 games. This kind of point production was only beaten by one other player in the CHL this past year. His future teammate, maverick bourque. With Johnston playing over double the games bourque played, it is much more consistent and has less of a chance of being a fluke. The OHL MVP has not said where he intends on playing this coming season but he has a very good chance of being a full time NHLer this upcoming year. No matter what Johnston does this upcoming year, stars fans have a lot to look forward to with Johnston bourque and stankoven all in the prospect pipeline and all being top 30 prospects.

————————————————————————

Personally I see each of these players being enough to fetch legit NHL talent as is. My dilemma comes with how much they’re worth as a package. I genuinely believe those three could be the foundation of a trade for a guy like matthews. If Matthew’s definitely won’t resign in Toronto and asks to leave, these three could get him and possibly more. I know leaf’s fans would get their knickers in a twist but for 2 seasons of Matthew’s, these three are more than enough in return. Obviously I am going to get **** on for suggesting this but it is an overpay imo. With the upside of all three and all three possibly making the NHL next year, they could help the leafs on a rebuild post Matthew’s era. But hey, let the leafs fans be mad stars fans, these are 3 of my favorite prospects and three of the most valuable prospects in the NHL. If you were to take the worst of these three, whoever you think it is, they would still be the best prospect on over half the teams in the NHL.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
76 969 420 $
76 969 420 $
Transactions
DAL
  1. Matthews, Auston
Détails additionnels:
Do me a favor and read the description before you say anything.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
Logo de DAL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $81 259 923 $675 000 $1 007 500 $1 240 077 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Stars de Dallas
6 969 420 $6 969 420 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Stars de Dallas
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
9 850 000 $9 850 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Stars de Dallas
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Stars de Dallas
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
8 450 000 $8 450 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 7
Logo de Stars de Dallas
6 969 420 $6 969 420 $
G
RFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Stars de Dallas
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Stars de Dallas
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 août 2022 à 15 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,731
Quoting: Cardiac
Whole heartedly agree there. Honestly benn I think would be best with bourque, seguin and pavs would be best with johnston, and hintz and robertson would be best with stankoven based on their play styles. Stank has the highest offensive upside so if they want him to succeed, they should play him on the wing with the top guys.

I could easily see several combinations being good. What I like is we should have a nice combination of vets and young talented guys coming in. Expiring contracts should work out well. I think Dallas could be a playoff team for a long time. Which is important in a market like Dallas. This is likely a bit of a transition year. Hoping we get into the playoffs and do some damage tho
Cardiac a aimé ceci.
7 août 2022 à 15 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 281
Quoting: SlevinKalevra
I could easily see several combinations being good. What I like is we should have a nice combination of vets and young talented guys coming in. Expiring contracts should work out well. I think Dallas could be a playoff team for a long time. Which is important in a market like Dallas. This is likely a bit of a transition year. Hoping we get into the playoffs and do some damage tho

If not this year, it’s next year that they are playoff teams.
7 août 2022 à 19 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,731
Quoting: Cardiac
If not this year, it’s next year that they are playoff teams.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we made the playoffs this year. Losing Klinger honestly only hurts on the power play. He’s so bad defensively I don’t think he’s a net positive 5v5 player any more. Fingers crossed for a healthy Miller and internal growth from Harley. Marchie is a massive upgrade on Rads. He may or may not hit the offensive numbers he had in Florida, but he should see better minutes in an expanded role in Dallas. He’s also a stud on the defensive side which hopefully makes up for losing Raffl. I think we’re a piece short of being a legitimate team. I’m hoping Nill gives the kids a legitimate shot at meant that piece in preseason
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage