Cap-Strapped Youth Movement

Créé par: BeterChiarelli
Équipe: 2022-23 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 28 juill. 2022
Publié: 29 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
A few notes:

I don't think Kessel signs in Canada ever again so I don't think he winds up in Edmonton. Rodrigues is going to cost too much for a roster than can barely afford itself. I think this gives Bourgault a genuine shot through the onset of the season.

The Oilers cannot afford to go into next season with LTIR overages: the $6.4M they would need to clear prior to the start of the season would require that McLeod and Yamamoto remain unsigned until day 1 of the season. Because Yamamoto is heading for arbitration, he'll be a UFA in August if no deal is reached by the arbitrator. Paper-transactioning Bourgault, Broberg, and Holloway does not make up for the difference in cap hits. As both the Klefbom and Smith deals are insured (as far as I'm aware), Arizona should have an appetite for them as they would only need to pay approximately $1.25M in real dollars for a $6.5M cap hit. Benson and Lavoie get fresh starts and Edmonton should be able to recoup a small asset a year out in exchange. Edmonton gaining the ability to accrue cap space will help come the deadline.

That asset is then parlayed to the Ducks to take Foegele for a profit. Cap space is expensive, but there's no sense in throwing away high-end assets for an otherwise properly functional NHL player.

I think Malone makes the full-time roster as he's one of Woodcroft's go-to guys and I actually believe he'll wind up a player-coach as part of Woody's staff as early as the New Year. He and Shore have essentially the same toolkits but one is cheaper and maintains a long-term working relationship with the coach.

Only real target the Oilers need come the deadline is a better RHD to replace Barrie with. Early targets look to be Dumba, Peeke, and Severson, with Severson being the most likely but probably requiring a third team to take Barrie.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1813 750 $
22 975 000 $
Transactions
EDM
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (SJS)
EDM
CHI
  1. Foegele, Warren
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (SJS)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $82 478 083 $896 000 $2 377 500 $21 917 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
2 975 000 $2 975 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance177 500 $$178K)
AD
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
813 750 $813 750 $
C
RFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
C, AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 juill. 2022 à 17 h 8
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,662
That's a steep salary for a bottom six grinder with term left, I'd ask for a bigger sweetener than a 4th. Might do it for a pick swap Oilers 2nd for Anaheim's 3rd in 2023. You guys should be picking ~60, ducks 3rd round pick should be around ~72.
29 juill. 2022 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
That's a steep salary for a bottom six grinder with term left, I'd ask for a bigger sweetener than a 4th. Might do it for a pick swap Oilers 2nd for Anaheim's 3rd in 2023. You guys should be picking ~60, ducks 3rd round pick should be around ~72.

Foegele isn't merely a "bottom-six grinder". He's a reasonably-paid third line LW. The Athletic just ranked him within the top-100 LW's in the NHL right now. This isn't a cap dump in the nature of trying to jettison an overpaid, ineffective player: Edmonton merely cannot afford Foegele anymore.

The Ducks are getting an NHL-caliber player and a draft pick in exchange for absolutely nothing. I'm disinterested in your affinity for second rounders in the upcoming draft: that is far too steep a price to pay to move Foegele, even if there's a third round selection being returned. Those assets will carry far more importance to the Oilers at the deadline or at the draft.

If the Ducks don't want him there are other NHL teams that will take a quality NHL player and a draft pick for free. Quit being greedy.
29 juill. 2022 à 18 h 3
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Foegele isn't merely a "bottom-six grinder". He's a reasonably-paid third line LW. The Athletic just ranked him within the top-100 LW's in the NHL right now. This isn't a cap dump in the nature of trying to jettison an overpaid, ineffective player: Edmonton merely cannot afford Foegele anymore.

The Ducks are getting an NHL-caliber player and a draft pick in exchange for absolutely nothing. I'm disinterested in your affinity for second rounders in the upcoming draft: that is far too steep a price to pay to move Foegele, even if there's a third round selection being returned. Those assets will carry far more importance to the Oilers at the deadline or at the draft.

The term throws a wrench in our build plan by pushing one of our young guys who needs Ice time out for two seasons, if you think he has more value than that to a competitor then shop him there. I don't think he is a match on the ducks for a 4th. If he has one year left on his deal then sure we would take it for that.

If the Ducks don't want him there are other NHL teams that will take a quality NHL player and a draft pick for free. Quit being greedy.

The term throw a wrench into our rebuild plan by pushing one of young guys out for two seasons. a 4th round pick which doesn't justify delaying the development of our guys. Shop him to a competitor if you think he has value there, but Anaheim is closed to guys with term with very few exceptions at this point.
29 juill. 2022 à 18 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
The term throw a wrench into our rebuild plan by pushing one of young guys out for two seasons. a 4th round pick which doesn't justify delaying the development of our guys. Shop him to a competitor if you think he has value there, but Anaheim is closed to guys with term with very few exceptions at this point.

Is McTavish not AHL-eligible? Why is Anaheim playing any of their waiver-exempt youngsters in the NHL? Their development would absolutely be best suited to not having to deal with a losing atmosphere. At which point having Foegele on the third or fourth lines next season becomes moot as he's still a skilled enough player to further that development.

Regardless, it's not worth arguing over. Chicago takes him at this price every day and twice on Sundays.
29 juill. 2022 à 18 h 22
Future Ducks legend
Is McTavish not AHL-eligible? Why is Anaheim playing any of their waiver-exempt youngsters in the NHL? Their development would absolutely be best suited to not having to deal with a losing atmosphere. At which point having Foegele on the third or fourth lines next season becomes moot as he's still a skilled enough player to further that development.

Regardless, it's not worth arguing over. Chicago takes him at this price every day and twice on Sundays.

We have 6 veterans and 3 established youth in our forawrd group with the Vatrano and Strome signings, that only leaving 3 spots for the other kids to compete for, including Gawdin, Lundestrom, Jones, McTavish, Regenda, Kindopp, Groulx, Drew, and any of our over agers. Only 1 additional spot opens up next season with Grants contract falling off.

We're pretty locked into our trajectory at this point, Zegras, Comtois, and Terry are all due their big boy contracts at seasons end, so we need our second wave of youth to cut their teeth at the NHL level.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2022 à 18 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
We have 6 veterans and 3 established youth in our forawrd group with the Vatrano and Strome signings, that only leaving 3 spots for the other kids to compete for, including Gawdin, Lundestrom, Jones, McTavish, Regenda, Kindopp, Groulx, Drew, and any of our over agers. Only 1 additional spot opens up next season with Grants contract falling off.

We're pretty locked into our trajectory at this point, Zegras, Comtois, and Terry are all due their big boy contracts at seasons end, so we need our second wave of youth to cut their teeth at the NHL level.

Thanks for the clarification, I don't have the systemic familiarity with the Anaheim Ducks that I do with other teams (scars of 2017 I reckon).

Carrick and Gawdin seem like the kind of players that would otherwise he sacrificed to waivers to accommodate part of that wave next year, no? Nor can Groulx or Jones be actually part of the long-term solution, right?
29 juill. 2022 à 19 h 10
Future Ducks legend
Thanks for the clarification, I don't have the systemic familiarity with the Anaheim Ducks that I do with other teams (scars of 2017 I reckon).

Carrick and Gawdin seem like the kind of players that would otherwise he sacrificed to waivers to accommodate part of that wave next year, no? Nor can Groulx or Jones be actually part of the long-term solution, right?

Carrick is gone once his spot is needed, but his spot is 4th line grinder.
Groulx and Gawdin seem to be competing for Grant's spot on the roster, they seem to fill the same role. Gawdin is an enigma, we just got him and a lot of Ducks fans think we found a diamond in the rough.
Jones is basically at sink or swim status with the franchise. He is a power forward with a lot of the tools needed to be a great middle 6 guy, but his inconsistency is driving him down the depth chart. and GMPV has shown he has no particular love for Bob Murray's guys.

So maybe 1 out of those 4 is still here in three years.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage