SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Worst Contracts

14 mai 2017 à 2 h 24
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,053
Modifié 14 mai 2017 à 11 h 32
Anaheim - Corey Perry - while he has been an extremely profilic goal scorer, his play has diminished slightly due to age, and the numbers this year agree...too much for 8 million
Arizona - Mike Smith - the fact that he makes more than Ben Bishop right now is ridiculous
Boston - Matt Belesky - hasn't proved to be the 3.8 million dollar player the Bruins wished for
Buffalo - Matt Moulson - never been the same since leaving NYI
Calgary - Troy Brouwer - another player who hasn't quite brought in what was expected of him
Carolina - Jordan Staal - not overpaid but no one else to pick really
Chicago - Marcus Krueger - IMO over 3 million is too much for him
Colorado - Carl Soderberg - things have just gone sour this year, he better turn it around
Columbus - Brandon Dubinsky - Dubinskys contracts isn't that good really. Hartnell another candidate
Dallas - Kari Lehtonen - 5.9 million for a mediocre goalie is plainly ridiculous
Detroit - Jonathan Ericsson - coulda been Abdelkader or Dekeyser, but I'll go with Ericsson
Edmonton - Benoit Pouliot - 4 million for bottom six forward? I'd pass
Florida - Tom Rowe - shoulda called a taxi for himself too squinty smile
Los Angeles - Marian Gaborik - injured, old, non productive and a massive toll on LAs cap
Minnesota - Jason Pominville - he isn't getting any better at his age...
Montreal - Alexi Emelin - the guy is overrated I think. Struggled with Weber even...all he can do is throw the body really; Plekanec another candidate here
Nashville - I can't think of anyone. Fisher maybe?
New Jersey - Andy Greene - is he worth the 5 million he gets?
NY Islanders - Casey Cizikas - fourth liner at best. Same applies to Cal Clutterbuck. Kulemin another one with a bad contract
NY Rangers - Dan Girardi - no longer a top pairing dman, and far from it he is now. Nash and his huge salary also a contender
Ottawa - Bobby Ryan - the dude has been an absolute beast this playoffs, but his tenure as a Senator during the regular seasons has not been worth the mega dollars he makes
Philadelphia - Andrew McDonald - bad contract, nothing else to say
Pittsburgh - No clue, someone help me on that one
San Jose - Mikeal Bodker - hasn't even had a 20 goal season yet was signed at 4x4 by SJ
St Louis - Jori Lehtera - I could be wrong, but he isn't any good really for his wage
Tampa Bay - Ryan Callahan - seriously overpaid at 5.8 million
Toronto - Matt Martin - perhaps the only overpaid guy on this team. Gives the Leafs what they need as a physical force, a little expensive in doing so, but Leafs are good with the cap so they threw the money at him
Vancouver - Loui Ericsson - where do I start? Came in to be 30 goal scorer on the Sedin line, instead posted how many points, like 22, while failing to produce any actual offence...terrible year; Luca Sbisa, Brandon Sutter, and Derek Dorset also all candidates
Washington - Brooks Orpik - his bad contract will force the Caps to lose one of their UFAs
Winnipeg - Mark Stuart - I forgot he still plays squinty smile

That's only my personal opinion, feel free to criticize me and make your own choices
14 mai 2017 à 2 h 53
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,652
Ducks - Bieksa
Coyotes - Goligoski
Bruins - Belesky
Sabres - Moulson
Flames - Stajan
Canes - Lack
Hawks - Kane/Toews tied (they're great players, but 10.5mil a year is a LOT)
Avs - Beauchimen (Soderberg just had one bad year)
Jackets - Dubinsky/Johnson tied
Stars - Lehtonen
Red Wings - Abdelkader
Oilers - Poulliot
Cats - Bjugstad (I know he just had one bad year but i don't know who else it would be)
Kings - Brown
Wild - Pominville (probably, though not the worst)
Haps - Plekanec
Preds - Subban (can't think of any contracts that bad in Nashville so i went with Subban just for similar reason as Kane and Toews)
Devils - Greene
Isles - Nobody, they have the best players (no, just kidding as an Isles fan, probably Kulemin though maybe Ladd, so i'll go with Kulemin)
Rangers - Really, not saying this as a joke, can't think of any here ... not making the same joke as i did with the Isles, but i'll go with Nash i guess because he gets a lot for a 2nd liner
Sens - Methot
Flyers - MacDonald
Pens - Cole (not too bad of a contract, just the worst one on Pittsburgh i'd say ... also Malkin is great but 9.5mil players are usually like SUPER top players, but he's only considered here)
Sharks - Martin
Blues - Lehtera (sure, he's played good, but not really any bad contracts on the blues, so i'd say him just because 4.7mil is a BIT too much)
Bolts - Callahan
Leafs - Gardiner
Canucks - Luca Sbisa (can't think of anyone else ... not a bad contract exactly)
Caps - Orpik
Jets - Byfuglien

This is not including expiring contracts.

Oh, and also:
Vegas Golden Knights - Duke/Shipachyov tied laugh

This is all just my opinion. What do you think?
14 mai 2017 à 13 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Rangersfan, I was agreeing with all of your picks until Jake Gardiner. How is he overpaid? Have you seen him this year? He earned every cent of what he made this year...not the least bit overpaid
14 mai 2017 à 13 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Ducks - Bieksa
Coyotes - Goligoski
Bruins - Belesky
Sabres - Moulson
Flames - Stajan
Canes - Lack
Stars - Lehtonen
Red Wings - Abdelkader
Oilers - Poulliot
Cats - Bjugstad (I know he just had one bad year but i don't know who else it would be)
Kings - Brown
Haps - Plekanec
Preds - Subban (can't think of any contracts that bad in Nashville so i went with Subban just for similar reason as Kane and Toews)
Devils - Greene
Isles - Nobody, they have the best players (no, just kidding as an Isles fan, probably Kulemin though maybe Ladd, so i'll go with Kulemin)
Rangers - Really, not saying this as a joke, can't think of any here ... not making the same joke as i did with the Isles, but i'll go with Nash i guess because he gets a lot for a 2nd liner
Sens - Methot
Flyers - MacDonald
Pens - Cole (not too bad of a contract, just the worst one on Pittsburgh i'd say ... also Malkin is great but 9.5mil players are usually like SUPER top players, but he's only considered here)
Sharks - Martin
Blues - Lehtera (sure, he's played good, but not really any bad contracts on the blues, so i'd say him just because 4.7mil is a BIT too much)
Bolts - Callahan
Leafs - Gardiner
Canucks - Luca Sbisa (can't think of anyone else ... not a bad contract exactly)
Caps - Orpik
Jets - Byfuglien

Oh, and also:

Ducks - Bieksa
Coyotes - Goligoski
Bruins - Belesky
Sabres - Moulson
Flames - Stajan
Canes - Lack
Stars - Lehtonen
Red Wings - Abdelkader
Oilers - Poulliot
Kings - Brown
Haps - Plekanec
Devils - Greene
Sens - Methot
Flyers - MacDonald
Sharks - Martin
Bolts - Callahan
Leafs - Gardiner
Caps - Orpik
Jets - Byfuglien

Oh, and also:

Gards contract is an analytical darling. It's a sweetheart deal for the Leafs.
14 mai 2017 à 13 h 51
Black Lives Matter
I, myself, believe that Jake Gardiner is one of the most overrated players in the league ... he gets pid over 4mil a year to give the puck away. Whenever i'm watching him i see him go behind the net, take the puck, and pass it to a guy on the other team. You know what i mean? Everyone has those players they think are overrated and the players they see mistakes from ... for me, that guy is Jake Gardiner. Actually, a year or two ago so many fans were so unhappy with Gardiner's play ... lots of people would say it's better now but i keep seeing him give the puck away over and over again ... so i think he gets a lot for a guy who gives the puck away over and over again ... just my opinion though.
15 mai 2017 à 16 h 59
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
Girardi and Staal are both terrible contracts.
15 mai 2017 à 19 h 12
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17

Maybe Girardi's is a bit bad but not horrible, at least he's a top 4 defenseman (like it or not) ... Staal is a good, number 3 guy, so i wouldn't say his is a bad contract.
15 mai 2017 à 19 h 24
Banni
Ladd's and Loui Eriksson's contracts are pretty bad as well.
15 mai 2017 à 19 h 28
Black Lives Matter
Ladd's and Loui Eriksson's contracts are pretty bad as well.

I agree about Ladd but they both just had bad years. Hopefully this doesn't count as advertising, i just don't want to type it out again. Here's what i think about Eriksson: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/55602
15 mai 2017 à 20 h 13
Démarrer sujet

Yup, NYR has some pretty bad deals in their hands. Nash, Girardi, Staal...also King Hank when ya think about it. Then there's useless Klein...and I have a feeling Stephans contract will bite them later on
16 mai 2017 à 0 h 25
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Yup, NYR has some pretty bad deals in their hands. Nash, Girardi, Staal...also King Hank when ya think about it. Then there's useless Klein...and I have a feeling Stephans contract will bite them later on

Klein is not useless, and he only gets 2.8mil ... Hank is one of the best goalies in the league ... the only one i agree with there is Nash ... i think, if you're talking how other players get paid, i'd say Klein has a good contract.
16 mai 2017 à 0 h 30
Démarrer sujet

Klein is not useless, and he only gets 2.8mil ... Hank is one of the best goalies in the league ... the only one i agree with there is Nash ... i think, if you're talking how other players get paid, i'd say Klein has a good contract.

Hank is one of the best, yet his contract will run big dollars as he gets older and older, that's why it's nota great deal. As for Klein he's useless, period.
16 mai 2017 à 0 h 34
Black Lives Matter

Hank is one of the best, yet his contract will run big dollars as he gets older and older, that's why it's nota great deal. As for Klein he's useless, period.

KLEIN IS A GOOD PLAYER. HE'S IN THE NHL.
16 mai 2017 à 23 h 13
Banni

JEFF FINGER IS A GOOD PLAYER. HE PLAYED IN THE NHL.
16 mai 2017 à 23 h 18
Black Lives Matter

who is jeff finger?
16 mai 2017 à 23 h 19
Démarrer sujet

who is jeff finger?

laugh
16 mai 2017 à 23 h 19
Banni
Modifié 17 mai 2017 à 9 h 11 par Banks

who is jeff finger?

For **** sake. Don't tell me you're going to say you don't know who John Scott is .
16 mai 2017 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,840
You know who has a bad contract? Connor McDavid. I mean that is just my personal opinion, therefore its valid......apparently.
17 mai 2017 à 0 h 55
Black Lives Matter
Modifié 17 mai 2017 à 9 h 11 par Banks

For **** sake. Don't tell me you're going to say you don't know who John Scott is .

I know who John Scott is, and i just looked up Jeff Finger.
17 mai 2017 à 0 h 55
Black Lives Matter

yes, i agree with you. he is a good player because he was in the NHL.
17 mai 2017 à 1 h 11
Démarrer sujet

Oh my
17 mai 2017 à 12 h 13
Black Lives Matter

Oh my

you have to be a good player to make it to the NHL ... don't tell me you didn't know that ...
17 mai 2017 à 12 h 13
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,928

Oh my

you have to be a good player to make it to the NHL ... don't tell me you didn't know that ...

Usually when you are talking about good or bad at the NHL level, the discussion is relative to all of the NHL players in the league, not to every person to ever play hockey in the world.
17 mai 2017 à 12 h 20
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222

Oh my

Yes technically Jeff Finger was a good hockey player, when he was playing with his buddies before he made it to the NHL, but when we say a player is bad we are comparing those bad players to average NHLers for around the same money they are getting paid, and Jeff Finger was not even close to an average NHL player, same with Dan Girardi, when you compare Dan Girardi's contract to others he is getting paid like Oliver Ekman-Larsson while performing like, well, Dan Girardi.

Hope this clears some things up.
17 mai 2017 à 12 h 21
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222
Quoting: Banks

Usually when you are talking about good or bad at the NHL level, the discussion is relative to all of the NHL players in the league, not to every person to ever play hockey in the world.

You posted this as I was typing mineshakes head lol.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage