SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Two round final mock draft with explanations

Two round final mock draft with explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: AndrewLadd
Publié: 6 juill. 2022 à 17 h 28
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-I don’t think the Habs go off the board, Wright’s toolkit is too good to pass up.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Devils add some beef to their forward group. If the Habs do pick Wright, all signs are pointing to the devils taking the big bodied winger.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-All good rebuilds need a franchise center. Arizona doesn’t currently have that, and it is extremely unlikely they have anyone in their system currently that will fill those shoes. Cooley is a speedy offensive dynamo, and he is poised in the defensive zone as well. Tough to find flaws in his game.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-I keep going back and forth between Jiricek and Nemec for the pick. Both are great, but Nemec is a little more offensively gifted, and defensively challenged than Jiricek. I ultimately think Nemec is a little better, but I believe both will end up fantastic players.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-See the comment above. Jiricek is likely only one year away from seeing NHL ice, and Philly is in desperate need of a good defensive dman on their NHL roster and their prospect pool.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoColumbus takes the versatile, play driving forward who could one day complement Laine well. I am higher on Savoie than most, and I wouldn’t call it a reach if he went as high as pick #2. He’s a little undersized, but we have seen plenty of players overcome their small frame.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-If Ottawa doesn’t trade the pick, I could see them taking Cutter Gauthier, which is what Ottawa wanted Tyler Boucher to be. He has a knack for scoring goals, and plays with an edge and possesses the leadership skills that the senators organization loves.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Nazar has playdriving talent that few players in the draft has, and he’s an extremely smooth and fast skater. This feels like a Yzerman pick tome. He was also born in Michigan, and will be a wolverine next year. This is a match made in heaven.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-A low point total but plenty of talent didn’t stop the Sabres from picking Isak Rosen in the top 15 of last years draft. Lambert is in the same situation, except his upside and potential is leaps and bounds above Rosen’s. He has the potential to become one of the best players of this class.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Anaheim has their choice of sniper between Kemell and Lekkerimaki, but there are less injury concerns with Lekkerimaki, and he isn’t as much of a black hole defensively as Kemell.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-If Kemell were to fall to the sharks the whole city of San Jose should throw a parade. Before injury, Kemell was widely considered a top 5 player of the draft.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Kevin Korchinski is widely considered to be the 2nd best dman of the draft, and he’s probably the 2nd best dman in the class at defending. This is a slam dunk pick for Columbus who desperately needs help on the defensive side of the puck.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-Lou has never shied away from drafting or signing Russians. He may take a little long to make the big leagues, but the talent is there, and if he can put it all together he could end up one of the best players of the draft.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Winnipeg lacks size, and it seems like a forgone conclusion that their two top centers find themselves in new organizations in the next two years. Kasper can help solve both those problems. He has a rare combination of poise with and without the puck that makes him such an intriguing player. Think Anton Lundell.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-There is a lot of issues in the Canucks current lineup. Mesar is closer to NHL ready than most, and helps solves the issue of quality forward depth, as well as forwards good without the puck.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasSome people believe Lambert projects as a winger in the NHL, so taking another center in Ostlund isn’t out of the question. Ostlund posses puck skills and creativity the Sabres don’t currently have.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-There are definitely some concerns with Geekie, including his skating and work ethic, but the talent is there. He could be a great fit on Nashville, who is lacking quality center depth.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas is already stacked with top forward prospects, so I think they’ll elect to take a dman here. Casey gives them a good offensive RHD, which they currently lack. Drafting Casey is a much better option than trading for Barrie.
19Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Kings de Los AngelesKulich is a slam dunk puck considering the lack of center depth the wild have. He has star potential, and at the very least should be a good 3C. He’s been a riser on draft boards for many.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-Like many people, I love Bischsel and his game. He’s big and strong, but he’s also a smart player offensively and defensively. He could end up being a star. The caps lack quality youth on D besides Fehevary, and their top 6 forward group seems solid, so I think D is the way to go here.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pens probably take the player they believe is closest to NHL ready, as they’ll want to be contenders all the way until Crosby retires.
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonRinzel is a raw prospect, coming out of high school, but he has a great frame and great athleticism, which is the reason he’s been rising up draft boards.
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-St. Louis would be more than thrilled to draft Mateychuk. They lack LD defensive depth, and their last few first round picks have been forwards. Some people have Mateychuk ranked as high as 10.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Minnesota takes a Russian winger, which fits the bill considering the reports saying Kaprizov geta homesick easily. I’d be surprised if 1/2 of Minnesota’s picks isn’t used on Russians.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Toronto adds a guy who was much further up draft boards a year ago. He brings heart and sandpaper that Toronto needs, and could fill a middle 6 center or center spot, both of which Toronto needs.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryThe habs have a lack of quality French-Canadian and RHD. Luneau is French-Canadian and a RHD, so this pick feels a little obvious.
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineThe fall of Mintyukov stops. He’ll fill Chychrun’s shoes admirably once he’s inevitably traded.
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideThe Sabres take their third European of the round. Salomonsson fills in the Sabres hole in RD, complementing their stacked and young LD depth.
29Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-RHD is a need for the oilers, like many other teams. Chesley’s 6’ 0” and growing frame will be admired on the smaller Edmonton blue line.
30Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkWinnipeg has one of the smallest D cores in the league. Pickering can help toughen up their soft d core.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-I have Howard fall on a lot of my mock drafts, not because I think he’s a bad player but because I think there are better fits for some teams. Make no mistake though, Howard is a steal here and has top 6 forward potential.
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoGreat name, great mustache and great production. Firkus had some of the best draft production this year for first year draft eligible CHL players. He’s also super athletic.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Did they just draft a RHD in the first round? Yes. But Ty Nelson is a first round talent and he’s too good to pass up here. Luneau and Nelson are very very different players anyway.
34Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Ik this situation, Snuggerud is a faller. He would be a slam dunk 2nd round pick for arizona. He’s got a big frameand a knack for scoring goals.
35Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Like the two picks above, del bel belluz is a bit of a faller. He would be a slam dunk 2nd round pick, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the first in the real thing.
36Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieConsidering their abundance of picks, I wouldn’t be surprised to see arizona be the team to take the risk on Miro. If he fully recovers, he could be a top 5-10 player in this draft.
37Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Jersey is stacked with young forwards, especially with the pick of Slafkovsky. So they elect to pick Odelius, who has a great name and is a riser for many in the draft.
38Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Goyette is one of my favorite likely 2nd round players of the draft because of his speed. If developed correctly and carefully, I believe he could end up a star. He is already very responsible defensively, so if he works on his offensive game he could be a slam dunk puck here.
39Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Dorian can’t help but take the huge RHD. For a guy his size he’s unique, smooth skater, and pretty good offensively, but he’s skinny. If he could build muscle and get better defensively he could be a fantastic player.
40Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Jack Hughes’ amazing combine makes him a probably top 64 player in the draft. He projects to be a good middle six forward.
41Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Perevalov is a skilled player, but there’s always that Russian factor. Fortunately, buffalo has the patience to wait for him to come to North America, and possibly thrive.
42Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Beck is a fantastic puck handler, and an even better skater. If developed correctly, Zegras and Beck could be able to terrorize dmen for years to come.
43Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sharks de San JoseLane Hutson’s too good offensively to pass up at this point, even though they’ve already drafted Mintyukov. He is this years Zellweger.
44Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Minten projects to be a responsible third line center who is also good on the powerplay. Some people have him ranked higher than me. He’s sizeable, and he’s very calm in his own zone.
45Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Islanders de New YorkWith the selection of two offensive left handed dmen, the Yotes go the opposite direction and pick a big, strong, defensive right handed defensmen.
46Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Jets de WinnipegWashington selects the powerful center with a nose for the net. He has the size and strength to be at least a bottom 6 forward in the NHL, but he has the potential to become a 2nd line, net front presence.
47Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Canucks de VancouverMinnesota adds to their already stacked defensive prospect pool, and they add another Russian to make kaprizov happy.
48Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Julian Lutz may be more NHL ready than some picked before him. He’s big, and he plays smart. Good value for Vegas’ first pick.
49Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Predators de NashvilleLorenz is a future fan favorite. He is strong and large, while simultaneously skates well for his frame.
50Logo de Stars de Dallas-The large winger scored a lot of goals for the thunderbirds last year, and performed admirably in the playoffs. The thought is he could pair well with the smaller, playmaking Logan Stankoven, who was picked in the 2nd round last year.
51Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-There are a lot of big centers in this draft, BystedtHe draws comparisons to Tage Thompson as a prospect. He’s a bit raw, but skilled and athletic.
52Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de WashingtonTyler Duke is like Lane Hutson in the sense he’s undersized, but very skilled offensively. Would probably be a first rounder if he had a bigger frame.
53Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Penguins de PittsburghSykora is a very poised player, and good in all 3 zones. This is a great draft year for the Slovakians.
54Logo de Bruins de Boston-Fimis is an undersized but skilled center who will probably turn into a winger at the NHL level. Boston certainly has a need for skill at the forward position so this is a good fit.
55Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Blues de St-LouisWinnipeg takes the brother of their first round pick last year. Like his brother, all his talent is on the offensive side of the puck.
56Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Adam Ingram is a center with a solid frame, who produced admirably in the USHL. Minnesota needs centers who can produce.
57Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Wild du Minnesota
Christian Kyrou
Kyrou lands on his brother’s rival team. He’s a good offensive presence, and can handle himself in the defensive zone too.
58Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoHaveli very well may be a steal here. He’s very skilled and offensive minded. He only falls because of his size.
59Logo de Flames de Calgary-Most of Calgary’s good prospects come on the offensive side of the puck, so they elect to take a sound, bigger defensmen with their first pick of the draft.
60Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Behind Aho, the canes center depth is actually a little weak, so they elect to take a solid, all around center with their first pick of the draft.
61Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Panthers de la FlorideTwo of their drafted dmen have been right handed dmen, so Seattle takes a leftie here, whose talented offensively, but posses size and a stick that could one day turn him into a defensive stalwart as well.
62Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonIt’s time to start thinking about what life after Carey Price may be. Some may consider Leinonen a reach here, but I believe he is the best goalie this draft has to offer.
63Logo de Rangers de New York-It feels like the rangers have been looking for center depth forever. It can be argued Ludwinski is the best center left. Easy pick.
64Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayHaight is a good skater who can score goals. Sounds a little bit like Josh Norris. Could be considered a steal at 64.
65Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoThe isles take Mats Lindgren with the final pick of the 2nd round. I would absolutely love this scenario. He could become the type of puck moving LHD we desperately need. This is a slam dunk pick.
6 juill. 2022 à 20 h 52
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,473
The Canes will probably take a Center or 2 later in the draft, but I can’t see them taking a Center anywhere higher than the 5th round. The Canes need LW prospects desperately, and C is not a position of weakness by any means.
6 juill. 2022 à 20 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: evelutions2
The Canes will probably take a Center or 2 later in the draft, but I can’t see them taking a Center anywhere higher than the 5th round. The Canes need LW prospects desperately, and C is not a position of weakness by any means.

My thought process was with Trochek likely gone, Staal a year away from UFA, Necas may be traded and with no guarantee Kotkaniemi/Suzuki become 2Cs, that there wasn’t anything wrong with drafting a center. You’re the canes fan though so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. The pick could easily be Jani Nyman there, especially considering he’s Finnish
6 juill. 2022 à 21 h 3
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,473
Quoting: AndrewLadd
My thought process was with Trochek likely gone, Staal a year away from UFA, Necas may be traded and with no guarantee Kotkaniemi/Suzuki become 2Cs, that there wasn’t anything wrong with drafting a center. You’re the canes fan though so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. The pick could easily be Jani Nyman there, especially considering he’s Finnish

Aho is the 1C, and KK likely takes that next step with more ice time and higher quality linemates at 2C. Staal is still the 3C, and he very likely resigns, but he won’t talk about an extension until the off-season next year. Drury almost certainly gets elevated out of Chicago for this upcoming season to play as 4C, before ultimately taking Staal’s spot. Necas is a wild card right now, as we don’t know if he gets trade or not, and if he stays, how much he plays C. Unfortunately, I do agree that Trocheck is very likely gone, but I would rather have the Canes C core than quite a few others.

As for Canes C prospects, as stated before Drury likely makes the jump. Suzuki, I don’t think his future is in Carolina, and I don’t see him being the Canes 2C ever. Canes still have other quality C prospects in Rees, Ponomarev, Mattheos, and Pashin.

The Canes have positional logjams in the pipeline at C, RW, and G. They lack high end LW prospects, and they could use more D prospects.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage