Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $76 788 000 $0 $0 $5 712 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 258 000 $8 258 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 18
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 104
Pretty sure Ott passes on that quick.
TCMonkey a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: Pags71
Pretty sure Ott passes on that quick.

Interesting.. can you tell me why or what would need to change?
Pags71 a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 104
Quoting: Marcsnack
Interesting.. can you tell me why or what would need to change?

First of all, I'm a Pens fan as well. Brown is a really solid player and they should be able to get more for just him. Kap played his way out of Pittsburgh despite Sully forcing him on Geno most of the 2nd half. He's just not a top 6 player. Zucker is a good player, but overpaid and he's coming off a lost season between injuries and just being snake bitten, plus the Sens aren't in a win now mode so they really don't need a solid vet like him. Unfortunately Legare has yet to show he's going to be an NHL player despite the draft pedigree. I think OTT would more be looking for picks and a better prospect than Legare.
TCMonkey a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Pags71
First of all, I'm a Pens fan as well. Brown is a really solid player and they should be able to get more for just him. Kap played his way out of Pittsburgh despite Sully forcing him on Geno most of the 2nd half. He's just not a top 6 player. Zucker is a good player, but overpaid and he's coming off a lost season between injuries and just being snake bitten, plus the Sens aren't in a win now mode so they really don't need a solid vet like him. Unfortunately Legare has yet to show he's going to be an NHL player despite the draft pedigree. I think OTT would more be looking for picks and a better prospect than Legare.

Fair enough. My idea behind it was that Brown said he wants to test FA market next year, kind of forcing Ottawa's hand. I think he could bring back a 2nd + prospect. I think Kapanen still has a decent amount of value, but less than Brown. Taking on White is also a risk. Although his buyout is not bad, its still wasted money that the Sens would not have to worry about. Taking on Zucker for a year and flipping him at the deadline would be more beneficial than buying out White this summer or next.. On top of that, they get a lower end prospect in Legare, but that piece of the deal can be changed.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 35
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,111
White >> Zucker

At least White can be bought out of his contract for almost nothing vs being married to Zucker’s contract.

Legate’s okay but I don’t think he makes up the difference between Brown and Kap at all.

I’d pass.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 255
Fair enough. My idea behind it was that Brown said he wants to test FA market next year, kind of forcing Ottawa's hand. I think he could bring back a 2nd + prospect. I think Kapanen still has a decent amount of value, but less than Brown. Taking on White is also a risk. Although his buyout is not bad, its still wasted money that the Sens would not have to worry about. Taking on Zucker for a year and flipping him at the deadline would be more beneficial than buying out White this summer or next.. On top of that, they get a lower end prospect in Legare, but that piece of the deal can be changed.

Ottawa would love Marino. they need a top 6 forward to play with stutzle and a top 4 RD. Letting you know for next time
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Neptune12
Ottawa would love Marino. they need a top 6 forward to play with stutzle and a top 4 RD. Letting you know for next time

This trade does not take away from them still acquiring those things. They can use their #7 pick or sign free agents.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 255
This trade does not take away from them still acquiring those things. They can use their #7 pick or sign free agents.

Ottawa would be taking more cap for no reason since they don't need the players you are trading. Ottawa has 0 interest in middle guys they need top guys.
Marcsnack a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 2 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus
White >> Zucker

At least White can be bought out of his contract for almost nothing vs being married to Zucker’s contract.

Legate’s okay but I don’t think he makes up the difference between Brown and Kap at all.

I’d pass.

My idea was if Zucker plays well, you can flip him for an actual return or just run his contract. White is either buyout or keep him till the end. I think the sweetener can be increased.
2 juill. 2022 à 3 h 5
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,002
Detroit accepts.
2 juill. 2022 à 7 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,486
Ott won't want anything to do with Zucker as @TheBoyDuddus really to try flipping him (not really worth it) , they are most likely going to buy out White this year.

The difference between Kapenen is 2 years in KK's favor, and a projected 12 pts (0.61PPG vs 0.41PPG) in Brown's favor last year and 8 pts (0.62PPG vs 0.52PPG) in the last 2 years (Kappy's time in Pitts). You might be thinking "oh, he played with Malkin, he should have had more points." Well, Kapenen played 45 games more than Malkin (7 games more y1, 38 y2). Career-wise Brown has a 0.486 PPG rate and Kapanen has a 0.474 PPG rate which is practically identical.

So essentially Kapanen is a super fast, 2-year younger version of Brown, who is slightly less developed. He can play PK just like Brown as well. In 321GP Kapanen has 5SHGs and 15PPPs, while Brown in 444 has 8SHGs and 30PPPs.

The difference in value isn't going to be much, so Brown for Kapanen+Legare (based off what @Pags71 said about his high draft pedigree but yet to prove himself) or Kapanen+ a pick (could be a 4th up to a 2nd). Kapanen will likely want ~4m, so might be too rich for Ott. Brown is just 400k more than what Kapanen was taking in Pittsburgh, so getting him for 1 year might allow them more funds to use to keep Rakell around but not really lose much of what Kapanen brings other than his speed.

Watched both these guys on the Leafs btw, and at the time Kapanen was expected to have high upside compared to Brown. They are both pretty much fringe line 2 players now though.
TheBoyDuddus a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 7 h 23
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,625

I firmly believe Connor Brown saying he wants to test FA was just his way of saying he was NOT going to be taking a home discount. Personally I don't think Ottawa should be extending if he's seeking term and anything over $4.5M, which he'll easily get elsewhere... so deal him we will. BUT we aren't in a rush. We can wait for a better offer right up until trade deadline. Once teams miss out on the 2 or 3 BIG names available at the deadline, there'll be a bidding war to add a guy like Brown who can help shut down an opposing team's top line and be an elite 1st unit PK guy. A first round pick is not out of the question at all.
2 juill. 2022 à 7 h 27
Quoting: TCMonkey
I firmly believe Connor Brown saying he wants to test FA was just his way of saying he was NOT going to be taking a home discount. Personally I don't think Ottawa should be extending if he's seeking term and anything over $4.5M, which he'll easily get elsewhere... so deal him we will. BUT we aren't in a rush. We can wait for a better offer right up until trade deadline. Once teams miss out on the 2 or 3 BIG names available at the deadline, there'll be a bidding war to add a guy like Brown who can help shut down an opposing team's top line and be an elite 1st unit PK guy. A first round pick is not out of the question at all.

Yeah, probably can get a 1st and 3rd out of him at the deadline, or you can get his replacement in Kapanen but he's going to want to get paid too. They might end up inking very similar contracts, so OTT would have to be confident that Kapanen can fit the team but be better than Brown. They might really like his speed, so I don't think they would mind Kapanen+ a pick for Brown (have a look at my post above for my position on the two if you want).
2 juill. 2022 à 7 h 54
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,625
Quoting: GMBL
Yeah, probably can get a 1st and 3rd out of him at the deadline, or you can get his replacement in Kapanen but he's going to want to get paid too. They might end up inking very similar contracts, so OTT would have to be confident that Kapanen can fit the team but be better than Brown. They might really like his speed, so I don't think they would mind Kapanen+ a pick for Brown (have a look at my post above for my position on the two if you want).

Kapanen would absolutely be a suitable replacement for Brown, assuming we didn't already have that in our system, which I feel we do. This was Formenton's first real season as an NHL'er and he looked amazing on the PK. I know a lot of people think Formenton's ceiling is bottom 6 but in Batherson's first 99 games IGNORING PP TIME he had 15 goals and 29 points. Formenton, in his first 109 games has 23g and 39 pts with NO PP TIME. I think he's going to explode this coming season. We also added Mathieu Joseph who may have been unvalued in Tampa because of their more skilled forwards. Parker Kelly is another guy who potentially plays his way to the third line. I wouldn't sleep on Ridly Greig either...
So, no shade on KK, we just have younger (and less expensive) options to take Brown's spot.
2 juill. 2022 à 8 h 0
Quoting: TCMonkey
Kapanen would absolutely be a suitable replacement for Brown, assuming we didn't already have that in our system, which I feel we do. This was Formenton's first real season as an NHL'er and he looked amazing on the PK. I know a lot of people think Formenton's ceiling is bottom 6 but in Batherson's first 99 games IGNORING PP TIME he had 15 goals and 29 points. Formenton, in his first 109 games has 23g and 39 pts with NO PP TIME. I think he's going to explode this coming season. We also added Mathieu Joseph who may have been unvalued in Tampa because of their more skilled forwards. Parker Kelly is another guy who potentially plays his way to the third line. I wouldn't sleep on Ridly Greig either...
So, no shade on KK, we just have younger (and less expensive) options to take Brown's spot.

Yeah, that's fair. I almost forgot about Joseph (he's pretty fast himself), pretty sure TB moved him just to Ott to give him a better opportunity but mainly to get that depth piece in Paul to replace guys like Coleman and Verhaege that were key in their previous playoff success.

So yeah, it makes more sense for OTT to leave that spot open for guys within and try to get a decent haul of picks with Brown this offseason or at TDL if they are sellers.
TCMonkey a aimé ceci.
2 juill. 2022 à 8 h 4
Modifié 2 juill. 2022 à 22 h 51
Other than Brown, is it just Batherson, Tkachuk and Stutzle that they have signed for their top 6, @TCMonkey?

Looks to me they need to go acquire a top 6 C.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage