SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Jackets Targets For Core Fit

Jackets Targets For Core Fit

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: pocke
Publié: 16 juin 2022 à 13 h 40
Description
CBJ Core for the purpose of this exercise.
Laine
Johnson
Sillinger
Marchenko

Werenski
Gavrikov

Core Supplementary Players (players not worth picking to fit around, but who will likely be players that these picks will play with or have to beat out for spots)

Bjorkstrand
Jenner
Chinakov
Boqvist
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
Trade Up Candidates
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-This guy looks like he would completely solve Laine’s deficiencies. CBJ need high hockey IQ players because they can’t seem to implement a system that reliably produces quality offense. Here, Shane Wright solves some of that issues with his details and play connecting. He already has the drive to be great defensively. He’s a great transition player that should allow Laine the freedom to do his best work in the O zone. The only worry is that he’s sacrificed some development by not taking big risks and being a team player. It’s unlikely that he is worth sacrificing both picks for this year but if there’s another price that Jarmo can find this is a good player.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-A dynamic offensive presence combined with terrific skating and skills. His work rate never drops either. He’s the transition center and space creator that Laine needs as well. This gives CBJ plenty of options to put on the wing next to those two and you’re optimistic than many of them would work. Not much to say here, he is an excellent counterpart to Laine. He’s extremely young too on the later end of this draft at May 2004. I worry about giving up more than 1 pick for him just because I’m so high on Nazar, but if Jarmo sees it this way then he should go for it.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
Targets for Pick Six
Honestly I'd want to take Jiricek/Nazar over Slafkovsky but I'd be really scared about it. Don't think I'd have the nads.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Big projectable defensemen who should fit next to Werenski or Gavrikov. With Z he will be more of a rush killer and play stopper while relying on Werenski for higher difficulty zone exits. He will be asked to dial back pinches a bit and mostly serve as an outlet and shooting threat with the O zone. No reason he and Z can’t form an aggressive and dynamic offensive pair (Z-Jones circa 16-17) and but he’ll have to ease into that space. With Gavrikov he can allow his complete toolkit to shine but will have to work with Gavrikov as neither of them are prolific at zone exits. Still again his shot threat will be a great complement to Gavvy’s smart play-driving and pinching in the O zone. For either player his big body and aggression will make life across the ice significantly easier.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoMaybe a perfect complement to the players already projected to be top 6 for CBJ. He has the skating and details to be a dynamic rush presence, the inside drive and work rate to create space for his teammates and the playmaking ability to find them. This means he's a perfect fit with Laine on the top line and further shores up the deficiencies of either Cole Sillinger or Kent Johnson. He'll have the puck on his stick a lot and work hard off it to get it back. His details and play connecting are what CBJ are missing in the top 6. Many people think he’s a teens pick but I don’t see him falling past Yzerman.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-A skilled rush player. Serves to complement the CBJ forward core well, but doesn't have the hockey sense to link up quite as well as Nazar. Still a dynamic playmaking presence that would definitely find a place, but it’s likely on the wing. Laine-Sillinger-Savoie feels good and Laine-Johnson-Savoie doesn’t feel bad either. But if he doesn’t live up to those projections can he find a place in the middle six that makes sense. He would have to supplant one of Marchenko, Chinakov or Bjorkstrand. He has the skating and the skill but the size and lesser play connecting mean he’s not as good of a fit for the top of CBJs core.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-If he’s here it’s a simple BPA pick. He doesn’t fit with the core as neatly as the players above but he’s got talent, plays a great puck moving transition game and he can fit next to Gavrikov. If our system allows for his pinching to create more offense (a la Toews). This would require development from our coaching staff because his skill set overlaps with Werenski and Gavrikov. You don’t draft for fit exclusively and that’s for a reason. We could easily move another defenseman or move Nemec for another type of player should we have a surplus.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-He's big and he's got a shot. I can see a line of Laine-Gauthier-Johnson being very good. The problem with Gauthier here is that CBJ have this already in the pool with Marchenko and Sillinger. He does elevate his teammates and you can't have too many of these types of players but he doesn't mesh as perfectly as others. He would definitely allow Laine to be a playmaker but I worry about the rush and zone entry competency with these two. Would need Roslovic to play with them or Johnson to develop into a transition force. Gauthier does project to have a fit in the middle six and so it’s definitely a safer pick though Jarmo rarely thinks for safety this high in the draft.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
Targets for Pick Twelve
If anyone above isn't taken already.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-He’s a lefty but he’s really dynamic and looks like an excellent modern defensemen. His ceiling is just so high it’s hard to pass on him. He doesn't have the size but he’s spent the year taking every risk possible and has developed better for it. He doesn’t have the shot to be perfect next to Werenski or Gavrikov but he can take advantage of the space they create or create space for them. It would give CBJ an excellent active stick D corps in the mold of the Avalanche. He’s Bean but fits the contention window and is maybe a little better.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Another extremely good complementary player. This may be a little high for him because his skill set isn’t prioritized at the top of the draft but his size and play connecting make him the perfect winger for our core forwards. He can slot down in the lineup and still be an excellent transition facilitator and will bring the small passing game that unlocks a lot of other other forwards. He’d look great next to Sillinger or Johnson and especially with Laine. He doesn’t fit perfectly because he’s not a center.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-Put up good numbers and plays hard. We have players like this but not at his potential skill level (Voronkov). You have to squint with your minds eye a little bit but he could form an excellent matchup line or even be a good defensive C who creates space with his body (think Jenner+) between Laine and Johnson. I am not sure he falls here and I’m not sure his ceiling is high enough to fit, but he’s a safe bet. Jarmo will certainly love his intensity.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Offensive defenseman. His vision and attack mentality, with skill to enhance, could unlock Werenski or Boqvist. I do not trust our coaching staff to accentuate his game here though. They would probably just rein him back and not accentuate his strengths. We still have time to see what Larsen can do but I think he’s just a little too variable for what we have.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-He’s big and he’s slow, so I’m not an enthusiastic fan. That being said he can pass the puck in a way that I can theoretically project him to fit what we have well if he has someone else who can carry the puck into the zone. If he becomes a standout in the D zone and develops his passing you can see him being a complementary player in the top 6 with the finishers we have. Laine is slow too so we would need someone that can make the D nervous or create space. If we’re picking him here we would need to have that at Pick 6 and not have taken a defenseman.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
Honorable Mention
Trade Down Candidates, Extra Picks or Lucky Fallers with the 2nd Rounder
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-If he slides or we have an extra 1st rounder from a trade
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-If he slides or we have an extra 1st rounder from a trade
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-If he’s available at 2 we cry happy tears. Excellent playmaking profile but still needs some skill work to complement his playmaking brain
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-A skill set that we would love to have but he’d have to be available in the 2nd round or we’d have to be getting an extra late 1st/early 2nd
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Huge and aggressive lefty. If we’ve taken forwards with 6/12 and have an extra late first.
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonShutdown right handed D. These are the skill sets you look for with 2nds. I don’t think he’ll be there.
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-He’s Roslovic 2.0 Dynamite transition but with little ability to link plays after he gets there and is going to need a lot of coaching on work rate. He would have to slide to second and have none of the above players available.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Excellent defensive C pick for an additional late first or early 2nd.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Dynamic skating and mobility, great shot. A perfect complement to our D if he slides to our 2nd. He’s very young as well.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryGreat skill set for a 2nd round defenseman.
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
Dont Draft
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideHe looks like a great future NHLer but we have so many of this skillset on our roster already. Laine can shoot, Bjorkstrand can shoot, Chinakov, Marchenko and Sillinger can all shoot. We need play linking and not undersized individual skill. If he's available at 12 it would be hard not to take him but otherwise I think we can address other areas
29Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-He’s just Kemell-lite. I don’t think he fits with our core at all and we shouldn’t spend one of our high picks on him.
30Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkI don’t see how our coaching staff can elevate him. He doesn’t have the vision or skating to make it work automatically. I’d take Mateychuk and Mintyukov above him.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
16 juin 2022 à 14 h 27
Yegor bomb
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 948
Amazing write up!
16 juin 2022 à 17 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
Dont draft: Lambert.
16 juin 2022 à 21 h 14
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
Quoting: Konkarsson
Dont draft: Lambert.

You just seem like Lambert’s biggest hater
pocke a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2022 à 22 h 5
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 870
Quoting: IconicHawk
You just seem like Lambert’s biggest hater

Lambert is just hard to place. This draft in particular is so important to the Jackets future as it, if the Jackets continue to improve at the current rate, will be the last time for a while to pick this high up in the draft and have two picks to boot. I would take Lambert if I had a third 1st but not with the two 1st.

What I would like to see is Columbus move up to 1OA. While most teams debate whether he should be 1OA, the Jackets desperately need him. He clearly gives us a complete center that can be the anchor for this team for years. Wright would give the Jackets a center core of Wright, Roslovic/Sillinger, and Kuraly/Voronkov the latter coming next offseason.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage