Forums/Armchair-GM

I think this is the best they do

Créé par: CMcAvoy73
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 11 juin 2022
Publié: 11 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I’m not buying with this team. I think most people realized all year long, they were a PP and a goaltender, and not much else. Thats normally a first round exit team, maybe win a round. That’s probably what should have happened this year, but Pittsburgh was playing with a shooter tutor in net after injuries to their two goalies.

Now, they’ve still got two big big pieces, and they’re the hardest ones to find: goalie and number 1 D.

But they’re starting to get some age problems. Zibanejad is awesome, but he’s 29. Panarin has frankly started to slow down a hair, hes in his 30s. Unless lafreniere or kakko turn into the real deal, I’m just not seeing a bright future for this group. I think this is their peak.
Can they keep Copp, Strome etc? Is Kreider ever going to come close to this level of play again? I see a regression.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1582 500 000 $74 041 469 $0 $3 250 000 $8 458 531 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 5
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 691
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Yes, 59 even strength points, which i think is his lowest rate since he was on chicago.

Again…i don’t think the window was ever open, and i just don’t see why this team gets better. Think kreider is going to do that again? Where’s the center depth coming from? I don’t think this team should have gotten out of the first round, and i don’t see a realistic route for them to be better next season.

Players tend to score less when on deeper teams. The first few season with the Rangers it was all up to Panarin. This year they had Kreider scoring out of his mind, Lafreniere scoring 19 goals at even strength, Vatrano in the mix late in the season too. I'm not surprised his numbers decreased.

I don't think Kreider is going to do that again. And I don't think they have gotten out of the first round. But I fully disagree that this is it for them and there's no way to improve. They've just barely scratched the surface of what their young players can do. They will likely re-sign Motte and Copp. Center depth isn't great even with Copp back in the field but the wings will make up for that (Chicago won three cups with a 1C and two 3Cs).
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 51
Whats so hot about it? I don’t think it’s wild to say that if Pittsburgh had any of their goalies, this team loses in the first round. Are we having this conversation if they lost in 6 in the first round? Yes, i think this is as far as the panarin, Zibanejad, kreider group go.

I think the point you're missing is that most Rangers fans would probably agree that this team shouldn't have made it out of the first round. Where the disconnect happens is where you say things like "this is as far as the group will go" when the youth of this team has yet to fill in around those veteran players. I mean that's quite literally the organization's plan. Let the kids develop and support the vets so we become contenders. An ECF appearance in 2022 was never the plan, if anything it was a dream.
Masonh618 et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: Kap97
I think the point you're missing is that most Rangers fans would probably agree that this team shouldn't have made it out of the first round. Where the disconnect happens is where you say things like "this is as far as the group will go" when the youth of this team has yet to fill in around those veteran players. I mean that's quite literally the organization's plan. Let the kids develop and support the vets so we become contenders. An ECF appearance in 2022 was never the plan, if anything it was a dream.

Right, but the question i keep asking that no one has an answer for is, how do they get better?
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 53
Right, but the question i keep asking that no one has an answer for is, how do they get better?

Literally answered this earlier in the thread. The many many players under 25 (Laf and Kakko are under 22, mind you) who have yet to reach their potential. They become the support for the veterans you mentioned. That's how.
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Players tend to score less when on deeper teams. The first few season with the Rangers it was all up to Panarin. This year they had Kreider scoring out of his mind, Lafreniere scoring 19 goals at even strength, Vatrano in the mix late in the season too. I'm not surprised his numbers decreased.

I don't think Kreider is going to do that again. And I don't think they have gotten out of the first round. But I fully disagree that this is it for them and there's no way to improve. They've just barely scratched the surface of what their young players can do. They will likely re-sign Motte and Copp. Center depth isn't great even with Copp back in the field but the wings will make up for that (Chicago won three cups with a 1C and two 3Cs).

Right, but this deeper team couldn’t muster much of anything at 5 on 5. How do they move on from being a PP and a goalie?
11 juin 2022 à 23 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Literally answered this earlier in the thread. The many many players under 25 (Laf and Kakko are under 22, mind you) who have yet to reach their potential. They become the support for the veterans you mentioned. That's how.

Right, so the vague hope that some players improve. Got it. I don’t think its happening. I think lafreniere will be a player, but I don’t think Kakko will be. I don’t think theres center help coming.
12 juin 2022 à 0 h 56
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,453
Reality is, we are way ahead of schedule. Now the "learn to lose before you win" experience. Igor will be 1-2 going forward, our young stud Ds will only get better. Bread, Zib, Kreider, Goodrow will carry on. Kid line will improve. Blais will help. Othmann, Korczak, Cuylle, Berard, Robertson, Jones, Lundkvist will move in. Again, way ahead of schedule, but ya we'll be solid. Just need to MacGyver C, depth & Cap.
We just happened to lock up our core while rebuilding. As opposed to an a OTT/DET/... where it's nothing but kids & picks and years behind. What's better in the long run? We'll find out in 5 around years!? Either way, we'd be signing Kadri/JTM up for 7x9m which is certainly no better! This year was just Gravy anyways. Enjoy our future rides though!
dlt_hfu2847whsba a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 8 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
Reality is, we are way ahead of schedule. Now the "learn to lose before you win" experience. Igor will be 1-2 going forward, our young stud Ds will only get better. Bread, Zib, Kreider, Goodrow will carry on. Kid line will improve. Blais will help. Othmann, Korczak, Cuylle, Berard, Robertson, Jones, Lundkvist will move in. Again, way ahead of schedule, but ya we'll be solid. Just need to MacGyver C, depth & Cap.
We just happened to lock up our core while rebuilding. As opposed to an a OTT/DET/... where it's nothing but kids & picks and years behind. What's better in the long run? We'll find out in 5 around years!? Either way, we'd be signing Kadri/JTM up for 7x9m which is certainly no better! This year was just Gravy anyways. Enjoy our future rides though!

Theres no, “our,” I’m not on the team.

Reality is, you just spouted a whole bunch of, “they will,” when you have absolutely no idea.
A lot of forwards, most of them actually, start to decline once turning 30.
You have no earthly clue that panarin, Zibanejad, and kreider will carry on.
You have no idea if the kid line will improve. I think lafreniere will. I don’t think the others will.
You have no clue that those prospects will move in. Most don’t. Most fail.

Anyone have any clue how to, “macgyver,” the center position? Any plausible plans?

I don’t see the path to get back to where they just were.
12 juin 2022 à 9 h 1
Right, but this deeper team couldn’t muster much of anything at 5 on 5. How do they move on from being a PP and a goalie?

Right, so the vague hope that some players improve. Got it. I don’t think its happening. I think lafreniere will be a player, but I don’t think Kakko will be. I don’t think theres center help coming.

Theres no, “our,” I’m not on the team.

Reality is, you just spouted a whole bunch of, “they will,” when you have absolutely no idea.
A lot of forwards, most of them actually, start to decline once turning 30.
You have no earthly clue that panarin, Zibanejad, and kreider will carry on.
You have no idea if the kid line will improve. I think lafreniere will. I don’t think the others will.
You have no clue that those prospects will move in. Most don’t. Most fail.

Anyone have any clue how to, “macgyver,” the center position? Any plausible plans?

I don’t see the path to get back to where they just were.

It seems you've made up your mind about the Rangers before this conversation began. I don't want to keep talking in circles and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

But I'll leave you with this - when the Lightning lost to CBJ in 2019, Stamkos and Hedman were 29. Their front office didn't pack it in and say "this it it for us." They went to three straight ECFs and won two straight Stanley Cups along the way.

And let's not forget that that same year, your Bruins went to the SCF with a 33 year old 1C in Bergeron and 33 year old 2C in Krejci, not to mention a 42 year old top Dman. And the Bruins STILL committed to their core after that, signing Hall to a long term contract just last year.

The Rangers are not past their prime. They literally just started. And I don't think Chris Drury is going into teardown mode and rebuilding again because his veterans are just under 30.
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
12 juin 2022 à 9 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Banni
It seems you've made up your mind about the Rangers before this conversation began. I don't want to keep talking in circles and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

But I'll leave you with this - when the Lightning lost to CBJ in 2019, Stamkos and Hedman were 29. Their front office didn't pack it in and say "this it it for us." They went to three straight ECFs and won two straight Stanley Cups along the way.

And let's not forget that that same year, your Bruins went to the SCF with a 33 year old 1C in Bergeron and 33 year old 2C in Krejci, not to mention a 42 year old top Dman. And the Bruins STILL committed to their core after that, signing Hall to a long term contract just last year.

The Rangers are not past their prime. They literally just started. And I don't think Chris Drury is going into teardown mode and rebuilding again because his veterans are just under 30.

Alright, well there’s a lot wrong with this. We’ll take it paragraph by paragraph.
1. Yes. I have. I’m very open to someone changing it though. Yet, the two responses I’ve gotten as to why I’m wrong is, “wahhhhh, you’re wrong,” and, “they’ll macgyver something at center.” To quote Kucherov, are you kidding me?
2. That lightning team didn’t have huge holes or deficiencies. They just went ice cold for a week. That happens. But they could play 5 on 5 hockey, Their top center was 22. Kucherov was 25. Stamkos was actually 28. Hedman was 27. Their top 13 leading scorers were in their 20s, with McDonagh being the only 29 year old. Think they had three or four guys in their 30s…Girardi and such. Anyhow, wildly different situation. Just like you can see that the rangers don’t have it, you could see that the lightning did.
3. The bruins top D man was 20 years old. Not 42. I’m not really sure why this conversation is even happening, because the bruins aren’t involved in this. Is this the lame thing we see all the time when someone gets defensive and spits out “well, your team is bad too?” Again, pretty different situations here. The bruins didn’t such at 5 on 5. They weren’t a powerplay and a goalie. Their powerplay wasn’t anything special. Also, i don’t think anyone was running to say that the future was bright for boston. I think i likely would have said the same thing about that team as i am about the rangers, but for wildly different reasons.

4. Sigh. You’re still not getting this. I’m not saying the rangers are necessary past their prime. I don’t think they were a third round team this year. They probably should have been eliminated in the first round. I think they’ll get beyond that, but I don’t think this group will get back to the conference finals.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage