SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

In depth analysis of every move Read DESCRIPTION

Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 25 mai 2022
Publié: 26 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Please help me understand the market more if I Over-sign or Undersign some players worth and the trades I make. This is a rough draft to a part 2 to help get info on what players I'm looking for in trades. So please don't get made at Values of trades or signings as this is just to better understand of what I need to do for part 2 final.

SOME POINTS:
- Guys like Engvall I wouldn't mid bring back but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs and no bite (with that size he should) and Mikheyev because he also hasn't done crap in the playoffs and Chris Johnston said he most likely won't be back on a Steve Dangle podcast clip on Youtube last week. We need to make small changes to make the bottom 6 better with players you need for "Depth Big Goals" in the playoffs with a big tweak like that Willy trade I explained the trade is my reasoning.

- I really focused on the bottom 6 and that's why change was needed with non playoff profferers and not enough size. I don't care what people say about size doesn't matter in the playoffs cause it can and every team who's won has proved that. With moving out all the unnecessary cap hit of the players I traded and signed, I think I did a very good job of getting a good 2-way team with the best overall depth I seen. I explained my reasoning for not bringing back Engvall and Mikheyev who's as good as gone anyway. If we can move Muzzin that would obviously be key in signing more depth.

- The Konecny trade doesn't have to be with them it just matched what type of player I'm looking for. If we trade Willy I would like it to be guys that play like Konecny, Wilson or a cheaper option like Jannout from Nashville. A guy who can bring a bigger hitting aspect while being not just a goon. We tried it with Nick Ritchie and didn't work out because he couldn't keep up with the top 6 forwards but I know Dubas is looking for that type of player in the top 6. And if we are indeed playing JT on the wing with Mitch centering we could protect the weakness on that line. If Konecny doesn't work out, please comment other players that match this criteria:
CAP hit under 5.5M (cheaper the better)
Can also play Centre if Marner just isn't good enough at centre.
A player like what I described above if we trade Willy.

Signings and Reasonings:
Lazar- a solid 2-way under rated player who will be cheap and can play both Centre and Wing and has a bit of bite and those players always get clutch goals in the playoffs.

Vatrano-I think he could be a great piece on the 3rd line and bring a bit of scoring and a great 2-way player and can also move up and down the lineup.

The Nick Paul signing-It doesn't have to be him necessarily but If not him, I wouldn't mind Domi (who's played well in the playoffs), Palat, Evan Rodrigues or Mason Marchment since we already know him I can see a possible reunion.

The Trocheck signing was just a roster fill in or could be a legitimate target for the leafs as he can do everything well as a player and if were moving JT to the wing we need a 2nd line centre and was considering Andrew Copp. If not him comment some other options that can fill up that spot.

Lybushkin- He doesn't have to come back especially if were able to move Muzzin for another Dman. But for now we know what he can bring and is still young and developing but also a big body and that would be key if we trade Muzzin is getting bigger on the backend.

Gagner signing- Good depth scoring, knows Johnny T, Takes a lil discount, plays with heart.
Sandin and Lily take bridge deals. Also with Sandin coming back it just makes more sense to move Muzzin with Gio back for 2 yrs now. We really just gotta hope Sandin takes a big step next year and work on his body this offseason and develops. Sandin also showed he can bring that physicality from time to time.

Now read the trade descriptions so y'all understand the moves.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 850 000 $
31 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
44 250 000 $
43 250 000 $
43 250 000 $
55 500 000 $
21 300 000 $
21 850 000 $
21 500 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (SJS)
Détails additionnels:
ANY PLAYOFF CONTENDING TEAM OR ANYTEAM FOR THIS PRICE. He's a solid depth or 6th dman who can PK well and could be used for playoff depth injury for a contending team. Look at what Nashville gave up for Lauzon at the TDL so this is fair
TOR
    Anyteam
    ARI
    1. Mrázek, Petr
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
    TOR
    1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
    Détails additionnels:
    IDC WHAT TEAM JUST FOR A 2nd of any sort. Early to late 2nd is okay with me.
    TOR
    1. Stolarz, Anthony
    Détails additionnels:
    Solid 3rd or 4th liner that can PK and play Centre to. Still young and played good in the regular season. Could be a sneaky add if y'all sign him for depth just to give up a goalie who played good for only 28 games
    ANA
    1. Engvall, Pierre [Droits de RFA]
    TOR
      I think Jake Muzzin will be willing to waive his NTC to some teams (a contender). Or like a team that's right there like back to LA if they don't decide to get Chychrun. Muzzin in the regular season wasn't the best I get that but in the playoffs he was arguably our 2nd best dman and showed he still has it. I also get just because of a better showing in the playoffs he's worth 5.62 but CJ also said he doesn't think Muzzin would be that hard to move because of his play in the playoffs. So for this trade please comment for the sake of this some teams that maybe could be interested and what would be involved. Id be willing to add in prospects or a pick depending on the player so comment multiple players if possible too. (THIS DOESNT HAVE TO BE TO PITTSBURGH EITHER)
      PIT
      1. Abramov, Mikhail
      2. Muzzin, Jake
      3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
      TOR
      1. Konecny, Travis
      2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (PHI)
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de WPG
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de PHI
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de SJS
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2182 500 000 $82 002 417 $212 500 $0 $497 583 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
      950 000 $950 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 1
      11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
      C
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 3
      11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
      C, AG
      NMC
      UFA - 3
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 7
      10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 3
      3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 7
      1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
      C
      UFA - 1
      3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 3
      796 667 $796 667 $
      AG, AD
      RFA - 2
      1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
      AD, C
      UFA - 1
      1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
      AD, C
      UFA - 3
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
      DG
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 2
      4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
      G
      UFA - 5
      1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 2
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      DG/DD
      NTC
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
      950 000 $950 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      800 000 $800 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 2
      1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
      DD
      RFA - 2
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      750 000 $750 000 $
      DG/DD, AG
      UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      26 mai 2022 à 16 h 39
      Rejoint: juin 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 17
      So....you mean the trick to creating a great team is just trading away your junk for picks and signing better players below value? You cracked the code.
      palhal et vols94 a aimé ceci.
      26 mai 2022 à 16 h 41
      Démarrer sujet
      Llinder2016
      Rejoint: juin 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 262
      Quoting: Roberto76
      So....you mean the trick to creating a great team is just trading away your junk for picks and signing better players below value? You cracked the code.

Who are below value then buddy? Are the trades makes sense. We differently need a shakeup to the depth scoring as I said the reasonings above.
      Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
      26 mai 2022 à 16 h 55
      OTTAWA Sean
      Rejoint: mai 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 43
      Couple things I would mention
      1) Breaking up Marner and Matthews might make both of those players upset.
      2) Move Tavares to the wing when he is a good faceoff and two-way player isn't a great solution
      3) If there is a good team culture and dynamic, this level of shake up with break that and they will need a new culture
      4) Lack of depth has killed the Leafs - in particular at D and goal. Moving Muzzin and getting Stolartz doesn't make it any better.

Leafs went to the last game with TB this year - who is likely headed to the Cup for the third year in a row. Tampa lost in 4 straight in the first round before winning the cup a few years ago. Leafs are closer to TB in 2019 than not. They don't need a tear down, they need depth. You did it on the offence but not the D or G.
      26 mai 2022 à 17 h 2
      Seiders on the Storm
      Rejoint: mai 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 7,764
      I think Dubie may sign former Soo Greyhound Nick Cousins for the 4th line. I don't think it's automatic Nick Robertson gets a spot.
      26 mai 2022 à 17 h 12
      Démarrer sujet
      Llinder2016
      Modifié 26 mai 2022 à 17 h 24
      Quoting: Ottawasean
      Couple things I would mention
      1) Breaking up Marner and Matthews might make both of those players upset.
      2) Move Tavares to the wing when he is a good faceoff and two-way player isn't a great solution
      3) If there is a good team culture and dynamic, this level of shake up with break that and they will need a new culture
      4) Lack of depth has killed the Leafs - in particular at D and goal. Moving Muzzin and getting Stolartz doesn't make it any better.

Leafs went to the last game with TB this year - who is likely headed to the Cup for the third year in a row. Tampa lost in 4 straight in the first round before winning the cup a few years ago. Leafs are closer to TB in 2019 than not. They don't need a tear down, they need depth. You did it on the offence but not the D or G.

1) I get that But the Leafs are talking about moving JT to the wing per CJ.

2) Bruh IDC if it makes them crybabies okay... There a team. Helps spread the depth all around the lineup. If its that big of a deal to the point Matty won't sign an extension, Id play him with him.

3) Look at what the bottom 6 has done for us in the playoffs this year ABSOLUTE DOG! Adding the players I did, gave us better depth, more physical, Like Engvall is 6'5-215 and has no grit and that's what you need if you can't score in the playoffs or your useless.

4) Yes Muzzin is a big piece but at 5.625 and a guy that has a lot of miles and wear n tear, could drop off this year after showing a great playoffs but I'd take my chances to develop Sandin and if not get a rental at TDL.

5) This year the Leafs were good defensively and like I said loosing Muzzin would be huge but if were stuck with that for another year that would hurt us.

6) I also get our big players were also dog some years in the playoffs also

7) Also Kerfoot had 2 horrendous turnovers and costed us a game

8) If Hall costed a Mill that would be Ight bight we could use 2M somewhere else
      26 mai 2022 à 17 h 12
      Démarrer sujet
      Llinder2016
      Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
      I think Dubie may sign former Soo Greyhound Nick Cousins for the 4th line. I don't think it's automatic Nick Robertson gets a spot.

Me either. I just didn't know who else to put there
      26 mai 2022 à 20 h 0
      Rejoint: mars 2022
      Mentions "j'aime": 185
      Philly accepts but changed the Philly third in ‘23 to Floridas third in ‘23.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage