SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: ColonelX
Publié: 3 mai 2022 à 20 h 3
Gagnants de la loterie:
  1. Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaCoyotes de l'Arizona (2→1)
  2. Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoBlackhawks de Chicago (6→2)
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Another guy sent to the graveyard.
2Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Would Chicago like it better to give a top 5 pick this year or an unprotected 2023? Toews isn't getting any younger and rumours of Dach not being the most coachable makes it a need on the long run to bolster that center depth so they don't overthink it.
3Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-As a Habs fan I'm not thrilled about this bs of dropping 3 spots but whatever, but at 3 I'd get Nemec althought I'd be opening all phones lines and take offers for this pick. Yes Nemec seems like a good pick but if I get a team desperate enough to give me great value on a weaker top end draft year like this one well deal done. If let's say Kevyn Adams' really excited by his team, wants his guy at 3 and he's willing to part ways with his early's picks plus like an early 23 2nd well who am I to judge. (Taking the "TheAthletic" chart that's a slight overpayment but nothing outrageous)
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Curveball on this one, there's a premium on top end right defenders and with Jiricek you're locking up a guy that will likely become one and be a foundation to your team. I'm sure the Wings are feeling pretty good today picking Seider. For Seattle I think it's easier to find a second line scoring winger, instead of picking Slafkovsky here, deeper in this draft so they go for the premium position.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Philly isn't looking to be a bottom feeder for long so taking the most NHL ready prospect here makes sense. Slaf's playing against man, is already built like one and has the easiest path to the NHL.
6Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Young team, with no gapping hole in the pipeline so they go BPA.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Ottawa's made questionable picks at times lately (Boucher at 10 and trading up for Kleven were part of it) so I'm just giving them a questionable pick this time again. Lambert isn't as bad as advertised but he's a project.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-The connection is too easy but I feel like Yzerman has a trick up his sleeve for this one.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-First of many picks, just go somewhat BPA here Buff.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Matheychuk has great IQ on the ice and is the new-age offensive defenceman, he'll get his name called earlier than people think.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-I'm not in love with Kemell but San Jose needs long term help down the wings cause Timo can't do everything by himself for the next 10 years.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Mesar brings top-six potential with ample room for growth, maybe not their biggest need but hitting for the fence on this one.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-High motor, 200 foot player that I have a sweet spot for (Think Podkolzin). Mid-term Isles need replacements on the wings with 6 of their 8 starters being on the other side of 30.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Hit the floor with this pick, he's not sexy but he's gonna wear a Jets jersey at some point. If he opens up his scoring he's surefire top 6. I'd be taking a strong look at Pickering here too.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-The Nucks have a very capable offense but are starting to get older on that right side of the defense and are pretty thin at this position prospect wise. Getting Nelson could relieve some pressure off Hugues and Vancouver could get their future PP2 quaterback.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasYou're set at defense for a while so keep building up that front and take BPA.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-Nashville just has a knack with defenders and always end up with a potent NHLer, keep building by the back and trade away aging assets.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-Wanted to take Yurov here but Dallas simply never draft Russians so you get Pickering. Long term project but he could come out as the best defender in this draft.
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Need to work on his edge and defensive game but has tons of skills.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-Russian. BPA. Washington. That's it.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pitts needs to start thinking to the after ''My top three centers are now retired'' timeline, pick them often and early. Long term project with the biggest upside here at 21.
22Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Skilled, creative, strong puck mover. Edmonton could land a better, cheaper and younger replacement for Barrie.
23Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonAlready a great prospect pool so let's double dip in the WHL and get a raw talent that can score.
24Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Had a hard time looking who fits better here without being a reach. Luneau or Chesley would be on my radar here to prepare the ''after Faulk'', instead I go for a jack of all trade that plays with great pace.
25Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-Tampa hasn't drafted much early in the drafts lately and therefore have a weaker pipeline than most, grab a two-way defender with great vision.
26Logo de Rangers de New York-Forward core's young and locked, backend's young and locked, goaltending's young and locked. Grab a first round faller with flaws and hope he pans out on the long term to become a middle six center for you.
27Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryI see Kasper going lower than most because of the lack of offensive upside but Montreal gets a responsible gritty center. Not an exciting pick but he's one of the most likely to hit the NHL at this spot.
28Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Another one very likely to hit the NHL, Chesley has all the tool to become a capable top four guy in today's NHL. IQ, vision, possession, he's got it all.
29Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-A recent riser with Kulich here, long term swiss army knife picked at the bottom of the first.
30Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineBig from the back to the front Arizona, after securing Wright and the impending departure of Jakob they bring up company to support that defense alongside Soderstrom.
31Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoSame as above.
32Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideWhy not.
3 mai 2022 à 22 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
Wow Mesar that high? I don't see it.

Dach was rushed. He should have spent a year or 2 in the AHL. Hawks screwed that up pretty bad.
3 mai 2022 à 22 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Quoting: crankshaft
Wow Mesar that high? I don't see it.

Dach was rushed. He should have spent a year or 2 in the AHL. Hawks screwed that up pretty bad.

Dobber ranks him at 15, Schouching at 10, Smaht at 9 and Mckeen's at 12. I personally think he's being over shadowed by Slafkovsky, he's got skills that translate directly to the NHL and was already playing in a mans league at 17 years old this year scoring almost half a ppg and showing up big at the U18. His stock's on the rise from now on to the draft, the only downside is that he's 5'10''.

About Dach ... It's easy with hindsight but yes. He likely got promoted too early and that got to his head where he now thinks he's the top gun so he doesn't have to listen. Staying in the A sometimes teaches you humility.
crankshaft et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 22 h 45
Quoting: ColonelX
Dobber ranks him at 15, Schouching at 10, Smaht at 9 and Mckeen's at 12. I personally think he's being over shadowed by Slafkovsky, he's got skills that translate directly to the NHL and was already playing in a mans league at 17 years old this year scoring almost half a ppg and showing up big at the U18. His stock's on the rise from now on to the draft, the only downside is that he's 5'10''.

About Dach ... It's easy with hindsight but yes. He likely got promoted too early and that got to his head where he now thinks he's the top gun so he doesn't have to listen. Staying in the A sometimes teaches you humility.

Oh I didn't realize Mesar had risen so much, I haven't kept up to date the last couple weeks. I'd still rather Trikozov or Gauthier I think.

This is why I was okay with Eklund going back to Sweden one more year. He needed it more than he thought he did despite Djurgarden's trainwreck season.

I've long thought Slaf was a bit overrated...
ColonelX a aimé ceci.
4 mai 2022 à 5 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
Lambert way too high...
4 mai 2022 à 7 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946
People's opinion on this draft differ greatly. You say it isn't top heavy, some say the Top 12-14 is great but it gets significantly worse than usual after that. I really have no idea how I'd compare this year's draft class to the average draft class. I think I'd say the Top 5 looks average, nothing crazy, 6-12 (/14) is above average and the rest of the 1st round is below average. No generational or franchise player upfront (imo as of now).
4 mai 2022 à 8 h 48
Quoting: TZ11
People's opinion on this draft differ greatly. You say it isn't top heavy, some say the Top 12-14 is great but it gets significantly worse than usual after that. I really have no idea how I'd compare this year's draft class to the average draft class. I think I'd say the Top 5 looks average, nothing crazy, 6-12 (/14) is above average and the rest of the 1st round is below average. No generational or franchise player upfront (imo as of now).

Impossible to judge a draft class until it's a few years after. I'd guess its an average draft. My guess is we're going to see a lot of trading at the draft.
ColonelX et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
4 mai 2022 à 8 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Evans truther
Quoting: TZ11

By not being top heavy I meant top end guys like Matthews or McDavid but there's plenty of potential NHL players in this draft. It's an odd year in part because of the amount of defenders seen as first rounders, it's like every 03-04 baby decided to be a defenseman so that kind of goes against the usual "there's a premium for good defenders in the draft" thought process. I could see 3 top pairing guys and half a dozen more being top 4 by the end of their development in this year's first round.

Impossible to judge a draft class until it's a few years after. I'd guess its an average draft. My guess is we're going to see a lot of trading at the draft.

That be great for once to have some action early and often... After watching the NFL draft last weekend, the NHL is miles away from being so entertaining for 7 rounds. Could we have some kind of action or is it always going to be prepared like a bingo contest?
4 mai 2022 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,946

Obviously. I meant the opinion of scouts beforehand, because they almost always have one.
4 mai 2022 à 9 h 52
By not being top heavy I meant top end guys like Matthews or McDavid but there's plenty of potential NHL players in this draft. It's an odd year in part because of the amount of defenders seen as first rounders, it's like every 03-04 baby decided to be a defenseman so that kind of goes against the usual "there's a premium for good defenders in the draft" thought process. I could see 3 top pairing guys and half a dozen more being top 4 by the end of their development in this year's first round.

That be great for once to have some action early and often... After watching the NFL draft last weekend, the NHL is miles away from being so entertaining for 7 rounds. Could we have some kind of action or is it always going to be prepared like a bingo contest?

NHL draft is so boring. Even round 1. Like last year when it took a full hour for picks 1-10. Everything else just drags and drags. Bit of a torture fest.
4 mai 2022 à 11 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,035
If you're opening phone lines at 3 overall, what's the ask to move from 16-3?
I'd offer 16, 41, Ryan Johnson, Erik Portillo, and taking whatever contract you wanna shed back the other way.
4 mai 2022 à 15 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Evans truther
Quoting: Chapee44
If you're opening phone lines at 3 overall, what's the ask to move from 16-3?
I'd offer 16, 41, Ryan Johnson, Erik Portillo, and taking whatever contract you wanna shed back the other way.

Can't see any players being part of that deal considering Montreal's contract limit. As far as the ask, I'd ask Buff's top two selections and maybe a switch of mid rounders (Montreal getting the better), taking into account the latest TheAthletic value chart for picks it's a slight over payment in term of value. Adams' a young GM that sees success since Eichel's departure so he could get excited by it and make a rookie mistake by paying more than he should.
4 mai 2022 à 22 h 41
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Can't see any players being part of that deal considering Montreal's contract limit. As far as the ask, I'd ask Buff's top two selections and maybe a switch of mid rounders (Montreal getting the better), taking into account the latest TheAthletic value chart for picks it's a slight over payment in term of value. Adams' a young GM that sees success since Eichel's departure so he could get excited by it and make a rookie mistake by paying more than he should.

I can't see Habs trading with Barfalo in the same division - if Habs trade down it would be #3 and say 27 for Columbus' 2 picks 6 & 12 or whatever - assuming the hawks don't move up to top 2 protection
5 mai 2022 à 11 h 25
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,035

That would be too much for me...
Johnson and Portillo are NCAA so they wouldn't count until the following year.
5 mai 2022 à 13 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Evans truther
Quoting: Chapee44
That would be too much for me...
Johnson and Portillo are NCAA so they wouldn't count until the following year.

Both of whom fits nowhere in Montreal, LD's our deepest position by a mile and a half and we've already drafted 4 promising young goaltenders so neither fits the bill.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage