Habs 22-23

Créé par: Keegan
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 3 avr. 2022
Publié: 3 avr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Trades:
I don't have much certainty when it comes to the price on the 3 players I moved, but Petry to Dallas makes sense with them having shown interest at the deadline, and almost certainly losing Klingberg, and getting rid of 7.25M in real money next season is a big incentive for Dallas.
Allen would make sense after getting Khudobin, although you don't move him unless you get good value, and I would say this is the minimum they should be willing to move him for, and of course Edmonton needs a goalie, but there will be quite a few teams who need goaltending.
Hoffman I have no idea, but I imagine a team will take him at 50% retained, and the Flyers want to compete and have a horrible powerplay which he should hopefully help with, and I have no idea what his return would be, but whatever picks/prospects you can get back is fine, he just doesn't fit the team.

Signings:
I signed most of the RFAs, the two questions are what do Pitlick and Romanov worth? I could easily see both players getting a lot more than what I gave them here, but with Romanov I don't see much upside, and Pitlick's shooting percentage is scary to me, so whatever money it should only be 1 or 2 seasons.
The only free agent signing I made is Marchment, and I have no idea if that is enough to get him, but I really like his fit on the top line, and I think playing with Suzuki and Caufield would be a pretty good selling point to get him to sign. If you can't get Marchment, you can rotate between Anderson, Armia and Pitlick, or try a young player like Ylonen, who I would for sure want to get in the lineup.

Lineup:
The defence is just going to be whoever wins the spots, there are a lot of young players who could make it, although I do think it would be smart to sign a vet or two so that none of the dmen need to be rushed, but they shouldn't be holding any of them out if they are ready to play.
The forward group I like the top line, and I like the 2nd line but would be scared for injuries. The 3rd line lots of speed, and should be very difficult for other teams to handle. The 4th line is mostly just the leftovers, and if there is a chance to move either Armia or Byron for an asset they should do it (I would mind bringing back Tyler Pitlick and running him with Poehling and Ylonen)
Goaltending if Price isn't a garuntee to play you use Montembeault, and with the age of price and Khudobin, adding another goalie to ensure Primeau can stay in the ahl to develop would be great.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
21 000 000 $
1800 000 $
12 500 000 $
1800 000 $
11 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
24 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3950 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Bishop, Ben
  2. Khudobin, Anton
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (DAL)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
MTL
  1. Tullio, Tyler
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Allen, Jake (1 437 500 $ retained)
MTL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
PHI
  1. Hoffman, Mike (2 250 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de DAL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de NYR
Logo de TBL
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de DAL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de CGY
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de COL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2582 500 000 $78 938 332 $1 132 500 $2 072 500 $3 561 668 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
C
UFA - 8
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Wright, Shane
950 000 $950 000 $
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
880 833 $880 833 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DD
RFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance420 000 $$420K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Stars de Dallas
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1
859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA
Logo de Stars de Dallas
4 916 667 $4 916 667 $
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
Avantage numérique 2
Wright, S.
Infériorité numérique 1
Infériorité numérique 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 avr. 2022 à 17 h 37
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,452
I don't want Petry anywhere near Dallas, but this kind of deal wouldn't make immensely mad.

Then again I'd still very much want to avoid landing the guy here, because we're already old enough and Petry is expensive. Too expensive to my liking.
Keegan a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2022 à 17 h 39
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,451
Dude I like Pitlick but 1.75 is as high as I would go on him.

What is with the dislike of Romanov? The kid I'd killing it, he has been playing North of 25 minutes a night the last few games. He will get a min of 2.5 on a 2 or 3 year deal, but for me personally I try to lock him in for 8 years at 4-4.5 mil.
3 avr. 2022 à 17 h 51
Démarrer sujet
NHL Assessment
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: justaBoss
I don't want Petry anywhere near Dallas, but this kind of deal wouldn't make immensely mad.

Then again I'd still very much want to avoid landing the guy here, because we're already old enough and Petry is expensive. Too expensive to my liking.

I mainly chose Dallas because they showed interest at the deadline, and they seem to want to compete otherwise they would've moved Pavelski. I do think they should try and get younger, it just doesn't seem like their priority
3 avr. 2022 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
NHL Assessment
Quoting: Campabee
Dude I like Pitlick but 1.75 is as high as I would go on him.

What is with the dislike of Romanov? The kid I'd killing it, he has been playing North of 25 minutes a night the last few games. He will get a min of 2.5 on a 2 or 3 year deal, but for me personally I try to lock him in for 8 years at 4-4.5 mil.

He's playing that TOI because Edmundson is the teams only top 4 defenceman with Petry out. I think 2.5 for 2-3 years is fine, he's solid defensively, he just doesn't have the upside imo, so unless he unlocks some hidden offensive ability or improves dramatically defensively I would be very warry to commit to him. I hope it happens though, because I love the guy
3 avr. 2022 à 21 h 2
What in tarnation
Quoting: Keegan
I mainly chose Dallas because they showed interest at the deadline, and they seem to want to compete otherwise they would've moved Pavelski. I do think they should try and get younger, it just doesn't seem like their priority

It doesn't, but it definitely should be. Youth I mean.

Re-signing Pavs was a necessity, he's doing so well it'd be just bad to let him go for free.
Keegan a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2022 à 1 h 54
Démarrer sujet
NHL Assessment
It doesn't, but it definitely should be. Youth I mean.

Re-signing Pavs was a necessity, he's doing so well it'd be just bad to let him go for free.

I don't think they should've let him walk, but I imagine they would've been able to get a bigger package than Giroux unless he also only allowed to be moved to one team. I just think they are the most likely team to acquire Petry, especially if Montreal takes back either or both of the two goalie contracts, which they can easily afford to do.
4 avr. 2022 à 2 h 0
What in tarnation
I don't think they should've let him walk, but I imagine they would've been able to get a bigger package than Giroux unless he also only allowed to be moved to one team. I just think they are the most likely team to acquire Petry, especially if Montreal takes back either or both of the two goalie contracts, which they can easily afford to do.

Ultimately as long as DAL was in the playoff race they would've never moved Pavelski and broken that first line of theirs which have been one of the best league-wide. Not that I'm against it or anything, I really wanted to keep him around and especially with a one year contract there's no huge risk of him starting to decline and lose value.

That risk however is very true with Petry - and hence I'm against going after him. Dumping Petry to Dallas might make sense for several reasons starting from the need of RHD and the fact our GM likes his veterans, but as far as I'm concerned I wish it won't happen.
Keegan a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2022 à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
NHL Assessment
Ultimately as long as DAL was in the playoff race they would've never moved Pavelski and broken that first line of theirs which have been one of the best league-wide. Not that I'm against it or anything, I really wanted to keep him around and especially with a one year contract there's no huge risk of him starting to decline and lose value.

That risk however is very true with Petry - and hence I'm against going after him. Dumping Petry to Dallas might make sense for several reasons starting from the need of RHD and the fact our GM likes his veterans, but as far as I'm concerned I wish it won't happen.

I do think you are probably underrating Petry a bit, why is it more of a risk for a 34 year old to decline than a 37 year old? Not saying he's gonna be worth it for all 3 years, but I would be surprised if he's not very very good. There are so many positive changes that will happen when he's traded, mainly getting to live with his family and being on a better team will almost certainly improve his play, and there's a good chance that he goes back to being a top pairing guy for a year or two imo.
5 avr. 2022 à 16 h 6
What in tarnation
I do think you are probably underrating Petry a bit, why is it more of a risk for a 34 year old to decline than a 37 year old? Not saying he's gonna be worth it for all 3 years, but I would be surprised if he's not very very good. There are so many positive changes that will happen when he's traded, mainly getting to live with his family and being on a better team will almost certainly improve his play, and there's a good chance that he goes back to being a top pairing guy for a year or two imo.

For three reasons

1) Petry has shown signs of regression this year - ultimately it could be because of a hard season and not being able to be with his family given they reside in US, but I stil lconsider this a red flag

2) Petry has 3 years of term compared to Pavelski's one. One year of declining asset is tolerable (see Radulov for instance), multiple is a huge risk and far from ideal.

3) Unlike Petry who has been struggling this year, Pavelski is playing statistically the best hockey of his career. Granted things can change rapidly (and they have considering Petry was just doing the same around a year ago), but when we take this into consideration you can look at the reason number two again. If Petry had one year left on his contract, I'd much rather take him, because the risk of his contract becoming a nuisance is muuuch smaller.

Petry can, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he will prove me wrong, but I don't see the point for DAL to risk it. Risks outweigh the benefits for me here. We could be paying to suffer, in a sense.
11 avr. 2022 à 14 h 14
Démarrer sujet
NHL Assessment
For three reasons

1) Petry has shown signs of regression this year - ultimately it could be because of a hard season and not being able to be with his family given they reside in US, but I stil lconsider this a red flag

2) Petry has 3 years of term compared to Pavelski's one. One year of declining asset is tolerable (see Radulov for instance), multiple is a huge risk and far from ideal.

3) Unlike Petry who has been struggling this year, Pavelski is playing statistically the best hockey of his career. Granted things can change rapidly (and they have considering Petry was just doing the same around a year ago), but when we take this into consideration you can look at the reason number two again. If Petry had one year left on his contract, I'd much rather take him, because the risk of his contract becoming a nuisance is muuuch smaller.

Petry can, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he will prove me wrong, but I don't see the point for DAL to risk it. Risks outweigh the benefits for me here. We could be paying to suffer, in a sense.

I get what you're saying, although comparing the two doesn't do anything, it's about the direction the team wants to go, if Dallas shouldn't risk it than what's the point of not selling pavelski, but I guess if they just want to maximize the potential of them being a constant bubble team. Maybe I'm underrating the risk, but risking 3 years of a bad contract(which I personally think is unlikely to happen) for the potential of 2-3 years of a top pairing dman makes sense for Dallas imo if they want to compete, but I guess it all depends on how you value Petry.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage