Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins TDL

Créé par: Sweenys_Burner
Équipe: 2021-22 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 8 févr. 2022
Publié: 8 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
J.T. Miller - He's the best fit for the price. He has another year on his contract, and you don't have to worry about him not resigning this summer, like Hertl. Sweeny loves guys with term, and if the Bruins can make a run this summer and next, it entices Miller to resign. It could be a little steep of a payment, but you'll have to compete with other teams.

Scott Mayfield - Unless the Ducks dangle Lindholm, getting a depth defensemen is key. Solidify the back end of the depth chart. 6'5", shutdown defensemen with a little bit of scoring. Much more consistency that Clifton, especially for the playoffs. I don't know if the value is too much/too little. Sweeny loves the internal competition, and this creates competition with Reilly, Vaak, and Clifton for the last defensive spot to be paired with Carlo.

Steen gets a chance with the top line, he has the speed and skills, and everyone looks good with Bergeron and Marchand.

Pasta stays with Hall on the second. They've looked tremendous together, and adding J.T. only makes them better.

Haula, Coyle, Smith becomes a very good 3rd line, which we've seen hints of in the past. Haula and Coyle have had great chemistry, and adding Smith to that line makes them pretty dangerous.

Blidh, Nosek and Lazar has been the best 4th line Cassidy has rolled out, and they continue to play very well.

Foligno can go pound sand.
Transactions
VAN
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Studnicka, Jack
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (BOS)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
NYI
  1. Frederic, Trent
  2. Lauko, Jakub
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (BOS)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $82 039 008 $1 956 507 $707 500 $-539 008 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
809 167 $809 167 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Islanders de New York
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance125 000 $$125K)
G
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
NMC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 févr. 2022 à 17 h 35
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Quoting: Dekes
That would be the smart thing to do but I think the reason guys like garland, miller, boeser are even being considered in trade talks is due to the need for cap space
Canucks currently have 2.85 mill in cap while also having hamonic and sutter on LTIR, they will need to resign Boeser and Motte this offseason and they have no big contracts coming off the books

i see myers and hamonic near immovable unless cancuks retain but no shot canucks retain on myers when they are trying to clear cap not pay for a player to be on another team
poolman's contract would be tough to move and you will get pennys to the dollar for him at best
Moving pearson screws over their forward depth with no true replacement and he is on a relatively good contract for what he does so i don't see management wanting to move him

in the next 2 offseasons they have to re-sign miller, boeser who will probably both warrent a 7-8.5 mill contract and horvat probably around 6- 7.5 mill contract and in those 2 offseasons no big contracts except hamonic's 3 mill and luongo's 3 mill recapture come off the books now also you have to play the factor that canucks definitely need some big improvements on the defence outside of OEL who will probably start declining in the next few years and his contract will also then become immovable and then also quinn hughes canucks lack another dman who should be played in the top4

so in 2 years they clear around 31.15 mill in contracts which is a lot of cap
heres canucks needs
Resign Miller 7.5 mill
Resign Boeser 7.5 mill
Resign Horvat 6.5 mill
Resign Hoglaner 4 mill minimum if he doesn't completely breakout and become a good top 6 scorer and warrant more
Resign Motte 2 mill
Resign Rathbone 1.1 mill few other bottom line/ pair and depth guys too you might want to resign so add an extra 1.5 mill minimum there
now what else does van need to add to compete
1. Back up goalie
2. 2 Top 4 dmen
3. 2 forwards either 3rd or 4th liners

so minus all those players that need to be resigned that leaves van with 1.05 mill to sign a back up goalie, depth forwards and 2 top 4 dmen even if you clear myers cap 7.05 mill still isn't enough to fill all those holes add on that canucks don't have the greatest prospect pool so that can internally fill there holes they need to clear cap

i know miller is great and definitely deserves a value around 2-3 1sts but canucks are in deep cap **** and teams will take advantage of that look at vegas, vegas is gonna get minimal returns on martinez, dadonov, or smith due to the fact they need to move cap.
If canucks wait till next season to move miller his value will drop no matter how well he plays as it's no longer a question that cancuks will need to move one of horvat or miller just so they can have a full 21 man roster that can actually compete not to mention they are UFA's and that will hinder their value slightly aswell

Right now Miller's value is currently at it's highest but if they set the price to high and to out of reach for teams that do want to acquire him they will pay the price and lose out on value

atleast if they clear miller's 5.25 now and avoid having to pay 7+ mill that leaves them with around 14.05 mill to work with while also acquiring a 1st a young player a B tier prospect and a 3rd or 2nd

they can have a top 6 of Bo, Petey, Garland, Boeser, Hoglander and then that leaves them with 14 mill to acquire 2 good dmen which they need badly and also have cap left over to get an extra solid 3rd liner and a good backup goalie they will be a much more competive team there rather then if they stay in this cap crunch to long and get greedy in trade and then have no depth or solid top 4 RHD's and could potentially ruin their best years at competing

Wow, first off I want to say I appreciate your thorough response to the discussion. With that said, I don't see things as direly as you do. As a Canucks fan, I think we should enter a 2-year retool, attempting to ramp up a 3-year competitive window in 2023-24 (revolving around Garland's favorable contract). The way I see it is that the appropriate value for Miller for 1.5 seasons (rental PLUS full season of value) is 3.5 first-round picks with no retention and 4 first-round picks with retention. I can see the argument that once we decide to hold onto Miller until the offseason, the appropriate value drops to 2 first-round picks, so we should be willing to accept anything more than that at this deadline, but on the other side of the coin there is a chance that Miller increases his trade value with his post-deadline play, as well as the fact that more teams will be in the Miller sweepstakes in the offseason compared to the single-digit number of suitors for him now, meaning that there is opportunity to receive overpayment for him above 2 first-round picks.

As for the overall cap situation, we have Luongo and Sutter coming off this offseason which leaves us at a relative net neutral cap situation next season to this one, and without any idea how negotiations with Boeser will play out I think we aren't in the situation of having to trade Miller at this deadline outright to save ourselves in the short-term.

At the end of the day, none of us on this platform are NHL GMs so all is speculation and fan opinion, but I appreciate this constructive discussion so far.
Dekes a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2022 à 17 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,764
That would be the smart thing to do but I think the reason guys like garland, miller, boeser are even being considered in trade talks is due to the need for cap space
Canucks currently have 2.85 mill in cap while also having hamonic and sutter on LTIR, they will need to resign Boeser and Motte this offseason and they have no big contracts coming off the books

i see myers and hamonic near immovable unless cancuks retain but no shot canucks retain on myers when they are trying to clear cap not pay for a player to be on another team
poolman's contract would be tough to move and you will get pennys to the dollar for him at best
Moving pearson screws over their forward depth with no true replacement and he is on a relatively good contract for what he does so i don't see management wanting to move him

in the next 2 offseasons they have to re-sign miller, boeser who will probably both warrent a 7-8.5 mill contract and horvat probably around 6- 7.5 mill contract and in those 2 offseasons no big contracts except hamonic's 3 mill and luongo's 3 mill recapture come off the books now also you have to play the factor that canucks definitely need some big improvements on the defence outside of OEL who will probably start declining in the next few years and his contract will also then become immovable and then also quinn hughes canucks lack another dman who should be played in the top4

so in 2 years they clear around 31.15 mill in contracts which is a lot of cap
heres canucks needs
Resign Miller 7.5 mill
Resign Boeser 7.5 mill
Resign Horvat 6.5 mill
Resign Hoglaner 4 mill minimum if he doesn't completely breakout and become a good top 6 scorer and warrant more
Resign Motte 2 mill
Resign Rathbone 1.1 mill few other bottom line/ pair and depth guys too you might want to resign so add an extra 1.5 mill minimum there
now what else does van need to add to compete
1. Back up goalie
2. 2 Top 4 dmen
3. 2 forwards either 3rd or 4th liners

so minus all those players that need to be resigned that leaves van with 1.05 mill to sign a back up goalie, depth forwards and 2 top 4 dmen even if you clear myers cap 7.05 mill still isn't enough to fill all those holes add on that canucks don't have the greatest prospect pool so that can internally fill there holes they need to clear cap

i know miller is great and definitely deserves a value around 2-3 1sts but canucks are in deep cap **** and teams will take advantage of that look at vegas, vegas is gonna get minimal returns on martinez, dadonov, or smith due to the fact they need to move cap.
If canucks wait till next season to move miller his value will drop no matter how well he plays as it's no longer a question that cancuks will need to move one of horvat or miller just so they can have a full 21 man roster that can actually compete not to mention they are UFA's and that will hinder their value slightly aswell

Right now Miller's value is currently at it's highest but if they set the price to high and to out of reach for teams that do want to acquire him they will pay the price and lose out on value

atleast if they clear miller's 5.25 now and avoid having to pay 7+ mill that leaves them with around 14.05 mill to work with while also acquiring a 1st a young player a B tier prospect and a 3rd or 2nd

they can have a top 6 of Bo, Petey, Garland, Boeser, Hoglander and then that leaves them with 14 mill to acquire 2 good dmen which they need badly and also have cap left over to get an extra solid 3rd liner and a good backup goalie they will be a much more competive team there rather then if they stay in this cap crunch to long and get greedy in trade and then have no depth or solid top 4 RHD's and could potentially ruin their best years at competing

Quoting: Randominoe
but like I said, I also think it will take multiple avenues of serious interest for it to reach this price, and in the end if we don't reach this threshold then we should hold onto him until the offseason, allow him to improve his value, and when the price comes down to just a full season of JT Miller, more teams can bid ontop of eachother.

Can't remember the last time I saw a player of JT Miller's calibre (consider his offensive, defensive, and leadership repution) get traded with 1.5 seasons left on a team-favourable contract in a deal.

Without commenting on everything individually here:

it comes down to supply and demand right as well as need for a team to move a player vs can they keep someone. I think vegas is going to make another underwhelming move and trade marchy or smith for a 3rd or something to just straight up clear cap space to bring eichel back. this is going to lessen other players values until vegas makes a move because its all about price.

Realistically speaking JT Miller is not the player that would command 2 firsts and an A Level prospect with only a year and a half left on his deal. hes been a ppg player with vancouver which i mean is extremely valuable. But teams dont just give out their best players/prospects/picks like that. they will diversify it and make it more equitable for the team acquiring to also take them on. not many teams can afford to simply gut their top picks and best prospect from the farm. your playoff contenders i think really only a couple teams would be in on miller anyways. IF he gets dealt its going to look something like young nhl roster player (debrusk/chytil) someone like that, a 1st either this year or next year, a 2nd in the opposite year, and then a prospect, 2nd could become a 3rd if you add in another prospect, or a 1st if you put conditions on it like if they win the cup or something. Thats equating to a 1st, a 2nd, a roster player, and a prospect or 2. thats still ALOT of value to ALOT of teams.
Dekes a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2022 à 18 h 15
Quoting: hanson493

it comes down to supply and demand right as well as need for a team to move a player vs can they keep someone. I think vegas is going to make another underwhelming move and trade marchy or smith for a 3rd or something to just straight up clear cap space to bring eichel back. this is going to lessen other players values until vegas makes a move because its all about price.

Realistically speaking JT Miller is not the player that would command 2 firsts and an A Level prospect with only a year and a half left on his deal. hes been a ppg player with vancouver which i mean is extremely valuable. But teams dont just give out their best players/prospects/picks like that. they will diversify it and make it more equitable for the team acquiring to also take them on. not many teams can afford to simply gut their top picks and best prospect from the farm. your playoff contenders i think really only a couple teams would be in on miller anyways. IF he gets dealt its going to look something like young nhl roster player (debrusk/chytil) someone like that, a 1st either this year or next year, a 2nd in the opposite year, and then a prospect, 2nd could become a 3rd if you add in another prospect, or a 1st if you put conditions on it like if they win the cup or something. Thats equating to a 1st, a 2nd, a roster player, and a prospect or 2. thats still ALOT of value to ALOT of teams.

I think what you are saying is a fair argument, but one could argue that Fabian Lysell is not an untouchable prospect by any means. Sure he has proven himself as an effective junior player with the potential to become an NHL player but I would not go as far to say he is blue-chip or even a top-100 prospect in the NHL right now. With that said, the Bruins would indeed be mortgaging the future heavily if they met the demands I have set for teams interested in acquiring Miller, but they get to make the decision if these last two years of their competitive window is worth a few years of surefire misery (considering the lack of blue-chip prospects and early draft picks they would be left with). I stand by the evaluation I have placed on Miller for 1.5 seasons, but I could see us holding him until the offseason and getting something closer to 2.5 first-round picks of value, once more teams are in the position to make offers and drive the price up.
8 févr. 2022 à 18 h 23
Dekesaladekes
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,058
Quoting: hanson493

exactly I think people very much under estimate how much value everything has in the league. It is like all stars have an insane amount of value but 1sts unless they are top 10 picks, any prospect that isn't top 10 in the whole league and known by every fan of hockey and young forwards with the potential of growing are worth near nothing to people on this website.

ideally the most id be comfortable with moving is
Debrusk+ 2022 1st+ Brett harrison or Stud+ 2023 3rd+ berglund or lyle ( conditional if bruins make it to conference championships turns to 2nd)
anyone drafted in the 1st round and even the 2nd round have the potential to be a star guys that get drafted 60OA and higher had to better then over 1000 other players they beat out over 5+rounds of players and tons of UFA draftees
so in reality
van are getting for Miller
debrusk( top 9 winger 20+ goal potential and will most likely replace miller in their top 6 u25)
2022 1st and 2023 3rd or 2nd 2 high round picks that allow van to try and build a stronger prospect pool which i see van doing a retool and trying to compete 2-3 yrs from now
stud or harrison ( 2 young centers with 2C potential harrison 1-3 yrs away from NHL and stud just needs more opportunites to prove his worth cassidy has been way to harsh on him)
Berglund or Lyle ( 2 u22 RHD's with bottom 3 dmen potential)

again van isn't in as big of a rush as boston is so they have more time to give young players the opportunity to develop and hit their true potential

also i can see debrusk taking a cheaper deal then his QO for term as now he is literally a 1-2 hour flight away from his hometown and family where as boston to edmonton is 8-9 hours

plus boston plays edmonton 1-2 times a year and van and edmonton play 4-6 times a year, i definitely believe debrusk would take a discount
8 févr. 2022 à 18 h 35
Dekesaladekes
I think what you are saying is a fair argument, but one could argue that Fabian Lysell is not an untouchable prospect by any means. Sure he has proven himself as an effective junior player with the potential to become an NHL player but I would not go as far to say he is blue-chip or even a top-100 prospect in the NHL right now. With that said, the Bruins would indeed be mortgaging the future heavily if they met the demands I have set for teams interested in acquiring Miller, but they get to make the decision if these last two years of their competitive window is worth a few years of surefire misery (considering the lack of blue-chip prospects and early draft picks they would be left with). I stand by the evaluation I have placed on Miller for 1.5 seasons, but I could see us holding him until the offseason and getting something closer to 2.5 first-round picks of value, once more teams are in the position to make offers and drive the price up.

i totally understand your point of view in this aswell as obviously any fan wants the most out of there assets but it goes both way because if van expects the fullest out of what they can get for miller if a team is desperate then boston is also going to value debrusk to his fullest value if a team was desperate, usually what tends to happen is the GM's will have to meet down the middle
Van's Gm will have wanted more but he will got enough assets he is satisfied with and knows he got equal value but no the overpay he intended to get and B's gm or whoever will have gave a lot maybe more then they wanted too but are satisfied knowing miller could be the final touch to them potentially touching the stanley cup.

But ya like you said we aren't the GM's we are simply just fans who wish the best for our team all of us have different views on how we want our team built i don't agree with a lot of B's fan on this website even though we cheer for the same team. personally i want a more gritty, hard hitting, old style team with keeping the skill just to our top 6 and 2 of our dmen and my big targets are guys like lindholm, Dillon, Giroux, Deslauriers, Laughton, Lowry, Paul, crouse, Kubalik, R smith but other B fans want a more skilled team and go for Miller, Chych, Hertl, Gio, Klingberg, Konecy, Garland etc.

This was a very productive discussion some key points were shown from both sides and it didn't end in a heated battle of who is wrong or who is right just simply a good strong discussion i like it, ill definitely be more open to listen and discussing future trades with you as you are much more open minded compared to a lot of other people on this page
8 févr. 2022 à 18 h 52
i totally understand your point of view in this aswell as obviously any fan wants the most out of there assets but it goes both way because if van expects the fullest out of what they can get for miller if a team is desperate then boston is also going to value debrusk to his fullest value if a team was desperate, usually what tends to happen is the GM's will have to meet down the middle
Van's Gm will have wanted more but he will got enough assets he is satisfied with and knows he got equal value but no the overpay he intended to get and B's gm or whoever will have gave a lot maybe more then they wanted too but are satisfied knowing miller could be the final touch to them potentially touching the stanley cup.

But ya like you said we aren't the GM's we are simply just fans who wish the best for our team all of us have different views on how we want our team built i don't agree with a lot of B's fan on this website even though we cheer for the same team. personally i want a more gritty, hard hitting, old style team with keeping the skill just to our top 6 and 2 of our dmen and my big targets are guys like lindholm, Dillon, Giroux, Deslauriers, Laughton, Lowry, Paul, crouse, Kubalik, R smith but other B fans want a more skilled team and go for Miller, Chych, Hertl, Gio, Klingberg, Konecy, Garland etc.

This was a very productive discussion some key points were shown from both sides and it didn't end in a heated battle of who is wrong or who is right just simply a good strong discussion i like it, ill definitely be more open to listen and discussing future trades with you as you are much more open minded compared to a lot of other people on this page

Same to you my friend! Glad we acknowledged and respected each other’s perspective, considering like you said there are some very trolly individuals on this platform.

Still hate you for 2011 though let’s be clear on that 😉
Dekes a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2022 à 18 h 56
Dekesaladekes
Same to you my friend! Glad we acknowledged and respected each other’s perspective, considering like you said there are some very trolly individuals on this platform.

Still hate you for 2011 though let’s be clear on that 😉

2011 the greatest year to be a bruins fan ahh the good ole days. Ngl though out of the last 3 finals we have been in i thought we had a much higher chance of beating chicago and definitely st louis then beating the canucks powerhouse of a team at that time, canucks were definitely robbed by timmy T the 36yr old ageless wonder

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage