Forums/NHL

Underrated Players

19 mars 2017 à 12 h 47
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918
Quoting: Mr_cap
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

If he has the puck all the time, he must be a defensive forward.

He has the puck in the O zone. That means he's not in the D zone. Which means he barely had to backcheck. Which means he was a dominate O zone player. If he never backchecked, then he was not a great two-way player.

Gretzky holds the record for most short handed goals. He played defensively, he was just so dominant he was always on the forecheck.
19 mars 2017 à 13 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651

If he has the puck all the time, he must be a defensive forward.

He has the puck in the O zone. That means he's not in the D zone. Which means he barely had to backcheck. Which means he was a dominate O zone player. If he never backchecked, then he was not a great two-way player.

If you have the puck in the other zone, and they can't get it from you, how do they score? isn't that defence?
19 mars 2017 à 13 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Banks

Gretzky holds the record for most short handed goals. He played defensively, he was just so dominant he was always on the forecheck.

Yeah.
19 mars 2017 à 14 h 4
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Quoting: Banks

Yeah that's what I mean, he was so dominant offensively, that he didn't need to play defense. Hence why you can't call him one of the best two-way forwards such as Crosby, and so on.
19 mars 2017 à 14 h 15
NBABound

If you have the puck in the other zone, and they can't get it from you, how do they score? isn't that defense?

Well, you're technically not defending. You're attacking.
19 mars 2017 à 14 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

If you have the puck in the other zone, and they can't get it from you, how do they score? isn't that defense?

Well, you're technically not defending. You're attacking.

And defending.
19 mars 2017 à 15 h 40
NBABound
Like I said...

Crosby is without a doubt #1.
19 mars 2017 à 17 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Like I said...

He doesn't have the puck all the time though.
19 mars 2017 à 19 h 9
NBABound
Like I said...

Are you relating that back to the Gretz convo?
19 mars 2017 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Are you relating that back to the Gretz convo?

Ok, i don't know what you're saying.
19 mars 2017 à 20 h 57
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Quoting: NobodyCares

Kopitar is overrated... he makes freakin 10 million and is tied for 100th in scoring. That's crap for a guy making what.... the 3rd highest salary league wide? If I spent 10 million on a player I'd expect him to be in the top 20, not 100th.

You too?

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ITS NOT ALL ABOOT POINTS AND THAT ITS A TEAM GAME AND SOMETIMES THE TEAM CANT SCORE IF THEIR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

He's one of the best two-way players in the game, along with Crosby as mentioned above. His main priorities are to protect center ice, just like Toews. That's why Crosby is the best... because he can do absolutely everything that is asked of him and do it like no else has done it before.

My team has one of the best 2 way players in Bergeron, I understand the value of defense, but if your paid 10 million you need to produce AT BOTH ENDS! Just because he's good defensively doesn't make up for his turd of a season offensively, that's impaired thought to believe that he can be so good defensively that he can be just decent offensively and still be underrated at 10 million. Give me a break man you need to wake up if you think he's underrated at his contract with what he's bringing. His lack of offense is one of the biggest reasons LA will miss the playoffs.
19 mars 2017 à 21 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
About the Senators, they're playing right now, you guys can watch Ceci, Methot, etc.
19 mars 2017 à 21 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

You too?

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ITS NOT ALL ABOOT POINTS AND THAT ITS A TEAM GAME AND SOMETIMES THE TEAM CANT SCORE IF THEIR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

He's one of the best two-way players in the game, along with Crosby as mentioned above. His main priorities are to protect center ice, just like Toews. That's why Crosby is the best... because he can do absolutely everything that is asked of him and do it like no else has done it before.

My team has one of the best 2 way players in Bergeron, I understand the value of defense, but if your paid 10 million you need to produce AT BOTH ENDS! Just because he's good defensively doesn't make up for his turd of a season offensively, that's impaired thought to believe that he can be so good defensively that he can be just decent offensively and still be underrated at 10 million. Give me a break man you need to wake up if you think he's underrated at his contract with what he's bringing. His lack of offense is one of the biggest reasons LA will miss the playoffs.

Yeah, i read a prediction made in the last few days that someone made, and it had CGY missing the playoffs, and LAK making it ... i don't see that happening. If LAK makes the playoffs, STL or NSH falls out. But i think LA misses.
19 mars 2017 à 21 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Vlasic?
Spurgeon?
Suter?
McDonough?
Hedman?
Kucherov?

Vlasic? Not overrated or underrated in my opinion.
Spurgeon? Yeah, probably underrated.
Suter? Same as Vlasic.
McDonagh? Yeah, underrated.
Hedman? Same as Vlasic/Suter
Kucherov? Yeah, same as teammate, Hedman.

So only one forward ... 5 D-Men.
19 mars 2017 à 21 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
About the Senators, they're playing right now, you guys can watch Ceci, Methot, etc.

So have you all been watching the game?
19 mars 2017 à 22 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Oh, if you guys aren't saying anything, does that mean you're watching the game?
19 mars 2017 à 22 h 42
NBABound

You too?

Whilst you are right that he needs to step up in the offense department, you still don't understand that LA as a team is still a s*thole when it comes to goals. Only Carter is producing. That is it. As a player is he underrated compared to everyone else in terms of attention and skill set? Yes, very much so. Is his cap hit not up to par with what he should be doing? Obviously not. Like Banks said, this is probably just an off-year for him. He is usually very consistent.
19 mars 2017 à 22 h 45
NBABound
Vlasic?
Spurgeon?
Suter?
McDonough?
Hedman?
Kucherov?

Suter? Same as Vlasic.

"So only one forward ... 5 D-Men."

I would say 'in your opinion', but that right has been taken away from you now.
19 mars 2017 à 23 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Suter? Same as Vlasic.

What do you mean? why has everyone decided that i don't have an opinion?
20 mars 2017 à 18 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mzc42026
Hossa
Hjalmerson
Darling
Kris Russell
And Many more

I definitely agree with Kris Russell.
20 mars 2017 à 21 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
More underrated players (also, i remove Nylander from my list. I don't know why i had him): Girardi, (marc) Staal, Pretty much every D-Man on the rangers, Backlund, Tavares.
21 mars 2017 à 0 h 46
NBABound

I was just kidding about that sorry hah.

Just stating that Crosby is the best in the world with what he is able to do.
21 mars 2017 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

I was just kidding about that sorry hah.

Just stating that Crosby is the best in the world with what he is able to do.

Oh, ok. Let's stop talking about this as we've both kind of started talking about something totally unrelated to underrated players.
31 mars 2017 à 18 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Who does everyone think some of the more underrated NHL players are. For me, a lot of the defensive D-men that don't score much.
Anyway, here is a list of underrated NHL players (not ranked):
Cody Ceci, Jonas Brodin, Nicklas Backstrom, Kevin Klein, Anne Kopitar, Oliver Ekman-larsson, William Nylander, Kris Russell.
Who does everyone else think?

i personally think Max Pacioretty may be one of the most underrated players as he steadily scores 30 or more goals a season, but yet is rarely talked about, or at least it seems so to me.
31 mars 2017 à 20 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Cookieman_Gaming
Who does everyone think some of the more underrated NHL players are. For me, a lot of the defensive D-men that don't score much.
Anyway, here is a list of underrated NHL players (not ranked):
Cody Ceci, Jonas Brodin, Nicklas Backstrom, Kevin Klein, Anne Kopitar, Oliver Ekman-larsson, William Nylander, Kris Russell.
Who does everyone else think?

i personally think Max Pacioretty may be one of the most underrated players as he steadily scores 30 or more goals a season, but yet is rarely talked about, or at least it seems so to me.

Yeah, he might go in there for me too.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage