Forums/NHL

Underrated Players

18 mars 2017 à 19 h 50
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Leafs
Ya that's brutal. I don't think rangersandislesfans opinion is valid anymore either. And I dont know how you can comment on sens players and make comparisons if you state you dont actually watch them play.
Maybe you saw one game and Ceci was noticeable and Methot wasn't? There's a lot more to a player than one game...

Yeah, i know. i've seen lots of games and what's wrong with putting crosby number 3? who says he's for sure number 1? he won the conn smythe, but that doesn't mean he is for sure the best NHL player. So the question is: what's wrong with putting crosby number 3?

The question is: Why are you still commentating on this topic?

You're done. Crosby is #1 without a doubt. Karlsson is a megastar. Top-3 Dman.
18 mars 2017 à 20 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Mr_cap

Yeah, i know. i've seen lots of games and what's wrong with putting crosby number 3? who says he's for sure number 1? he won the conn smythe, but that doesn't mean he is for sure the best NHL player. So the question is: what's wrong with putting crosby number 3?

Most people have been saying they have no idea who the best NHLer right now is, and that it's really close. That's your opinion, but i think Burns and McDavid would go ahead of Crosby.
18 mars 2017 à 20 h 31
NBABound

Most people have been saying they have no idea who the best NHLer right now is, and that it's really close. That's your opinion, but i think Burns and McDavid would go ahead of Crosby.

Explain to me why Crosby is number 3? I'd love to know.
18 mars 2017 à 20 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Because McDavid scores tons of points, plays a great defensive game, and just plays great overall, and changes the game. Burns is two players in one, as he plays really, really well defensively while he's near the league lead in scoring. So Crosby is next.
18 mars 2017 à 20 h 36
NBABound

Because McDavid scores tons of points, plays a great defensive game, and just plays great overall, and changes the game. Burns is two players in one, as he plays really, really well defensively while he's near the league lead in scoring. So Crosby is next.

hahahahahahahaha "so Crosby is next".

But WHAT makes him next is my question?????????
18 mars 2017 à 21 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

hahahahahahahaha "so Crosby is next".

But WHAT makes him next is my question?????????

Oh, i thought you were saying he should be higher than 3rd.
Because he's on pace for over 40 goals this year, and is 2nd in points per game last i checked.
18 mars 2017 à 21 h 38
NBABound

Oh, i thought you were saying he should be higher than 3rd.
Because he's on pace for over 40 goals this year, and is 2nd in points per game last i checked.

Omg. My point was that he should be without question #1. But then you were saying why McD and Burns should be above him, when I asked you why is Crosby where he is.

This was your 'summary' on McDavid: "scores tons of points, plays a great defensive game, and just plays great overall, and changes the game."

Scores ton of points you say? Well there you go, Crosby with a better points per game average than Mcdavid. It's not all about points.

Plays a great defensive game you say? hehe Crosby is one of the best two-way players in the game if not the best.

Plays great overall and changes the game you say? Well look no further than the best overall player in Crosby. By far. Arguably ever. Changes the game? Both have 5 GWG this season.

Look my main point is that...

...your opinion is no longer valued anymore by anyone that has been reading this.
18 mars 2017 à 21 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 43
Who does everyone think some of the more underrated NHL players are. For me, a lot of the defensive D-men that don't score much.
Anyway, here is a list of underrated NHL players (not ranked):
Cody Ceci, Jonas Brodin, Nicklas Backstrom, Kevin Klein, Anne Kopitar, Oliver Ekman-larsson, William Nylander, Kris Russell.
Who does everyone else think?

Kopitar is overrated... he makes freakin 10 million and is tied for 100th in scoring. That's crap for a guy making what.... the 3rd highest salary league wide? If I spent 10 million on a player I'd expect him to be in the top 20, not 100th.
18 mars 2017 à 22 h 1
NBABound
Quoting: NobodyCares
Who does everyone think some of the more underrated NHL players are. For me, a lot of the defensive D-men that don't score much.
Cody Ceci, Jonas Brodin, Nicklas Backstrom, Kevin Klein, Anne Kopitar, Oliver Ekman-larsson, William Nylander, Kris Russell.

Kopitar is overrated... he makes freakin 10 million and is tied for 100th in scoring. That's crap for a guy making what.... the 3rd highest salary league wide? If I spent 10 million on a player I'd expect him to be in the top 20, not 100th.

You too?

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ITS NOT ALL ABOOT POINTS AND THAT ITS A TEAM GAME AND SOMETIMES THE TEAM CANT SCORE IF THEIR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

He's one of the best two-way players in the game, along with Crosby as mentioned above. His main priorities are to protect center ice, just like Toews. That's why Crosby is the best... because he can do absolutely everything that is asked of him and do it like no else has done it before.
18 mars 2017 à 22 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
I know it's not all about points. I think it makes sense that you're putting crosby number 1. But the words that i completely disagree with are: crosby is without a doubt the best NHL player right now.
The without a doubt part is what i completely disagree with. Yes, he might be the best NHL player right now, but not without a doubt.
18 mars 2017 à 22 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Ok. I know. He's overpaid. But that's obvious. Every NHL player is overpaid.
18 mars 2017 à 22 h 35
NBABound
I know it's not all about points. I think it makes sense that you're putting crosby number 1. But the words that i completely disagree with are: crosby is without a doubt the best NHL player right now.
The without a doubt part is what i completely disagree with. Yes, he might be the best NHL player right now, but not without a doubt.

I just don't see why people downplay the part where they see what these players do (i.e McDavid, Burns) but then Crosby comes out and does the same thing but better. That is why I say without a doubt. Because he is one of the best players to ever play the game. To me, he's in my top 3-4 players (as of right now). By the end of his career, if he wins another cup and a couple more individual trophies and what not and his overall game keeps improving (crazy to even think about), for me he jumps up at #1 or tied with Gretz.
18 mars 2017 à 22 h 50
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918

You too?

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ITS NOT ALL ABOOT POINTS AND THAT ITS A TEAM GAME AND SOMETIMES THE TEAM CANT SCORE IF THEIR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

He's one of the best two-way players in the game, along with Crosby as mentioned above. His main priorities are to protect center ice, just like Toews. That's why Crosby is the best... because he can do absolutely everything that is asked of him and do it like no else has done it before.

I think LAK expected more than 9 goals at this point in the season for a 10M player, though.

He's probably just having an off-season, they happen. If this becomes a trend next season and the following, then I would be much more concerned
18 mars 2017 à 23 h 5
NBABound
Quoting: Banks

You too?

I think LAK expected more than 9 goals at this point in the season for a 10M player, though.

He's probably just having an off-season, they happen. If this becomes a trend next season and the following, then I would be much more concerned

Yes, a lot more is expected of him (points-wise) but when only Carter is producing it's hard to put up points, hence why they are bottom 5 in G/PerGP. He is also (like I mentioned above) doing much more than putting up points.
18 mars 2017 à 23 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

I just don't see why people downplay the part where they see what these players do (i.e McDavid, Burns) but then Crosby comes out and does the same thing but better. That is why I say without a doubt. Because he is one of the best players to ever play the game. To me, he's in my top 3-4 players (as of right now). By the end of his career, if he wins another cup and a couple more individual trophies and what not and his overall game keeps improving (crazy to even think about), for me he jumps up at #1 or tied with Gretz.

Wait, are you saying that crosby is as good as gretzky?
18 mars 2017 à 23 h 18
NBABound

Overall game? YES. Gretzky is an offensive juggernaut. Defense is a different story for him.
18 mars 2017 à 23 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Overall game? YES. Gretzky is an offensive juggernaut. Defense is a different story for him.

Gretzky was one of the best defensive forwards i the NHL. Also, he got 215 points one year, and his worst season was 62 points. He was a great passer, and great at pretty much everything.
18 mars 2017 à 23 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Banks

You too?

Him making 10M makes more sense than 10.5M for toews and kane. Every NHL player is overpaid.
19 mars 2017 à 0 h 32
NBABound

Gretzky was one of the best defensive forwards i the NHL. Also, he got 215 points one year, and his worst season was 62 points. He was a great passer, and great at pretty much everything.

Don't be silly, no he wasn't. Was he good? Yes. But mostly because he played in the O zone 99% of the time.
19 mars 2017 à 0 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Don't be silly, no he wasn't. Was he good? Yes. But mostly because he played in the O zone 99% of the time.

Really, why did they name him "The Great One"?
19 mars 2017 à 0 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

The main thing to point out about Anne Kopitar being on there is that it spell corrected Anze.
19 mars 2017 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Why did they call him the great one?
19 mars 2017 à 12 h 6
NBABound

Because he dominated the NHL. That's not our topic. We are breaking down the players game. I was saying that Gretz was not one of the best two-way players because he had the puck almost all of the time. How does the nickname have to do with anything?
19 mars 2017 à 12 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Because he dominated the NHL. That's not our topic. We are breaking down the players game. I was saying that Gretz was not one of the best two-way players because he had the puck almost all of the time. How does the nickname have to do with anything?

If he has the puck all the time, he must be a defensive forward.
19 mars 2017 à 12 h 26
NBABound

If he has the puck all the time, he must be a defensive forward.

He has the puck in the O zone. That means he's not in the D zone. Which means he barely had to backcheck. Which means he was a dominate O zone player. If he never backchecked, then he was not a great two-way player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage