SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Underrated Players

10 mars 2017 à 22 h 34
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Who does everyone think some of the more underrated NHL players are. For me, a lot of the defensive D-men that don't score much.
Anyway, here is a list of underrated NHL players (not ranked):
Cody Ceci, Jonas Brodin, Nicklas Backstrom, Kevin Klein, Anne Kopitar, Oliver Ekman-larsson, William Nylander, Kris Russell.
Who does everyone else think?
16 mars 2017 à 22 h 55
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Vlasic?
Spurgeon?
Suter?
McDonough?
Hedman?
Kucherov?
17 mars 2017 à 0 h 34
Follow CapFriendly
Rejoint: mars 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 558
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Who does everyone think some of the more underrated NHL players are. For me, a lot of the defensive D-men that don't score much.
Cody Ceci, Jonas Brodin, Nicklas Backstrom, Kevin Klein, Anne Kopitar, Oliver Ekman-larsson, William Nylander, Kris Russell.

Ceci is actually overrated.
I don't think anyone thinks Backstrom and Koptar are underrated.
17 mars 2017 à 1 h 26
NBABound
Quoting: Leafs

....anymore.

Also forgot to mention Hamonic.
17 mars 2017 à 11 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

How is Ceci overrated? Everyone thinks he's a bottom pairing Dman. Most underrated player in the league, or at least up there with Brodin, Russell, and Backstrom. and maybe Klein.
17 mars 2017 à 15 h 31
NBABound

Oh and forgot to mention. Ceci isn't as overrated as you may think he is. His stats are bad this year but that's because he gets the tougher assignments. But when you look at his icorsi it's right there with Pietrangelo.
17 mars 2017 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Hossa
Hjalmerson
Darling
Kris Russell
And Many more
17 mars 2017 à 16 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap

Oh and forgot to mention. Ceci isn't as overrated as you may think he is. His stats are bad this year but that's because he gets the tougher assignments. But when you look at his icorsi it's right there with Pietrangelo.

I didn't say Ceci was overrated, i said he was underrated. He's not scoring, but he's a Defenceman. I think a lot of the underrated players are the defensemen that don't score much (Ceci, Brodin, Russell, etc).
17 mars 2017 à 17 h 54
NBABound

I didn't say Ceci was overrated, i said he was underrated. He's not scoring, but he's a Defenceman. I think a lot of the underrated players are the defensemen that don't score much (Ceci, Brodin, Russell, etc).

That was directed towards "Leafs".
17 mars 2017 à 18 h 27
Follow CapFriendly

I guess a regressing 23 year old defensman is underrated?
Here's a great quite -"It may be tempting to blame some of Ceci’s struggles this season on his partner, Dion Phaneuf, who has been on a steep decline for a number of years, but it’s actually Phaneuf who looks to be the superior player when the two are split up."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/time-ottawa-senators-trade-cody-ceci/
17 mars 2017 à 18 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Here's a great quite -"It may be tempting to blame some of Ceci’s struggles this season on his partner, Dion Phaneuf, who has been on a steep decline for a number of years, but it’s actually Phaneuf who looks to be the superior player when the two are split up."

I'm pretty sure he's playing with Karlsson, not Phaneuf. am i wrong?
17 mars 2017 à 21 h 29
Follow CapFriendly

Methot generally plays with Karlsson
17 mars 2017 à 22 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Methot generally plays with Karlsson

Okay. I know that Ceci plays with Karlsson sometimes. Method is a 3rd pairing/healthy scratch D-Man in my opinion, so i didn't think of him playing with Karlsson. Is Karlsson-Methot pairing 1 or pairing 2?
18 mars 2017 à 12 h 42
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918

Method is a 3rd pairing/healthy scratch D-Man in my opinion

You evidently don't ever watch Ottawa. Methot is not a third pairing d-man in any way, sorry but your opinion is simply wrong in this case.

Ceci is a right-side defenseman, he doesn't play with Karlsson. When Methot was injured he still didn't play with Karlsson.

Quote:
Is Karlsson-Methot pairing 1 or pairing 2?

Really? The question here is "Is Karlsson on the 2nd pairing"?
18 mars 2017 à 13 h 3
NBABound
These are the 5x5 Dman lines for the Sens:

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
C. Wideman-Borowiecki

About 63% of the time.
18 mars 2017 à 13 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Banks

Method is a 3rd pairing/healthy scratch D-Man in my opinion

You evidently don't ever watch Ottawa. Methot is not a third pairing d-man in any way, sorry but your opinion is simply wrong in this case.

Ceci is a right-side defenseman, he doesn't play with Karlsson. When Methot was injured he still didn't play with Karlsson.

Quote:
Is Karlsson-Methot pairing 1 or pairing 2?

Really? The question here is "Is Karlsson on the 2nd pairing"?

Erik Karlsson is probably (90-95% chance) their best D-Man, but i was just curious if he was on the 2nd pairing because also part of the reason he's so god is because he also scores. He's no Brent Burns or anything. He's one of the top 10 D-Men in the league probably, but he's not nearly as good as Burns in my opinion.

Also, i have seen Methot play and i really don't think he's as good as a lot of people think he is. This is the same with Jake Gardiner, Danny DeKeyser, etc. Those two guys and Methot are all 3rd pairing/healthy scratch level D-Men in my opinion (though DeKeyser is maybe more of a 2nd/3rd Pairing. Not really healthy scratch).
18 mars 2017 à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
These are the 5x5 Dman lines for the Sens:

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
C. Wideman-Borowiecki

About 63% of the time.

Ok, thanks. I was watching hockey recently and the announcer said that Ceci was playing with Karlsson. It was probably just for that one game. He definitely plays with Karlsson sometimes, because i've seen that before.
18 mars 2017 à 14 h 15
Follow capfriendly

Erik Karlsson is probably (90-95% chance) their best D-Man

Oh my.

Quote:
He's no Brent Burns or anything. He's one of the top 10 D-Men in the league probably, but he's not nearly as good as Burns in my opinion.

Not sure your opinion has much weight in a discussion about Karlsson at this point.
18 mars 2017 à 14 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Erik Karlsson is probably (90-95% chance) their best D-Man

Oh my.

Quote:
He's no Brent Burns or anything. He's one of the top 10 D-Men in the league probably, but he's not nearly as good as Burns in my opinion.

Not sure your opinion has much weight in a discussion about Karlsson at this point.

Ok. we just have different opinions. are you saying that you think karlsson is as good as burns? just curious.
18 mars 2017 à 15 h 6
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,835
rangerandsilesfan: On a team without real any stars.....Karlsson has carried the Sens... If there is are superstar Dmen, Karlsson is one. Gotta believe he is in the top 3 Dmen, every year...for years.
18 mars 2017 à 15 h 35
Follow capfriendly

Oh my.

Ok. we just have different opinions. are you saying that you think karlsson is as good as burns? just curious.

My point was you didn't even know if Karlsson is a first line defenseman, so how can you have an opinion on whether or not he is better than Burns?

Karlsson has two Norris trophies, plays on a worst team, had an 82 point season last year (Burns on pace for that this year, which is incredible as well), and is 6 years younger than Burns, my preference would be Karlsson, yes
18 mars 2017 à 15 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

My point was you didn't even know if Karlsson is a first line defenseman, so how can you have an opinion on whether or not he is better than Burns?

Karlsson has two Norris trophies, plays on a worst team, had an 82 point season last year (Burns on pace for that this year, which is incredible as well), and is 6 years younger than Burns, my preference would be Karlsson, yes

I would for sure disagree with you there, but don't worry. You're allowed to take Karlsson.

I just think that a Defenseman that's been playing really, really, really well Defensively who is also near the top of the league in scoring has to be one of the best in the league. If i had to rank the best 3 players in the NHL right now, here's what it would be:

1 McDavid
2 Burns
3 Crosby

Honorable Mentions: Doughty, Ovechkin, Tavares
18 mars 2017 à 16 h 17
NBABound

I would for sure disagree with you there, but don't worry. You're allowed to take Karlsson.

I just think that a Defenseman that's been playing really, really, really well Defensively who is also near the top of the league in scoring has to be one of the best in the league. If i had to rank the best 3 players in the NHL right now, here's what it would be:

1 McDavid
2 Burns
3 Crosby

Honorable Mentions: Doughty, Ovechkin, Tavares

The fact that you have Crosby as #3 just proves that you're opinion isn't valid anymore.
18 mars 2017 à 19 h 18
Follow CapFriendly
Ya that's brutal. I don't think rangersandislesfans opinion is valid anymore either. And I dont know how you can comment on sens players and make comparisons if you state you dont actually watch them play.
Maybe you saw one game and Ceci was noticeable and Methot wasn't? There's a lot more to a player than one game...
Mr_cap a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2017 à 19 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Ya that's brutal. I don't think rangersandislesfans opinion is valid anymore either. And I dont know how you can comment on sens players and make comparisons if you state you dont actually watch them play.
Maybe you saw one game and Ceci was noticeable and Methot wasn't? There's a lot more to a player than one game...

Yeah, i know. i've seen lots of games and what's wrong with putting crosby number 3? who says he's for sure number 1? he won the conn smythe, but that doesn't mean he is for sure the best NHL player. So the question is: what's wrong with putting crosby number 3?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage