SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montréal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 32
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,416
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yep, hopefully, we'll either see Caufield in the AHL or with capable linemates and good ice time

Anderson Poehling Caufield
Toffoli Suzuki Lehkonen
Armia Dvorak Gallagher
Byron Evans Pitlick
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 35
Le patriote
Let's laugh next year coaching staff :

Hartley, Saint-Louis, Lecavalier and Weber

Could that be something ?
zk97 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 35
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,573
Quoting: habitantlecolon
Anderson Poehling Caufield
Toffoli Suzuki Lehkonen
Armia Dvorak Gallagher
Byron Evans Pitlick

on no account should poehling be playing first line. that's suzuki's spot and his to keep unless someone blows up outta nowhere and quite literally turns into patrice bergeron
my preferred lines with the lineup you have

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Pitlick - Dvorak - Anderson
Lehkonen - Evans - Gallagher (fairly sure this line worked well at some point, or was it Poehling centering the line?)
Byron - Poehling - Armia
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 38
Le patriote
Quoting: Zuki9797
on no account should poehling be playing first line. that's suzuki's spot and his to keep unless someone blows up outta nowhere and quite literally turns into patrice bergeron

Lehkonen - Evans - Gallagher (fairly sure this line worked well at some point, or was it Poehling centering the line?)
Byron - Poehling - Armia

we need chemistry and Poeh and Caufield seem to click ... we need to play the kids in top6 role. I know first line would be heavy for both Poeh and caufield, but we need to show them what it's going to be and relax suzuki till the end of the season.
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 39
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684

Montgomery, Saint Louis, Weber, Sauvageau
habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 44
v5 Minnesota GM

Byron - Poehling - Armia

My lines till trade deadline:

Dvorak - Poehling - Caufield
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Toffoli
Drouin - Evans - Hoffman
Anderson - Pitlick - Gallagher

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov- Savard
Clague- Wideman

Montembeault- Poulin
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 51
we need chemistry and Poeh and Caufield seem to click ... we need to play the kids in top6 role. I know first line would be heavy for both Poeh and caufield, but we need to show them what it's going to be and relax suzuki till the end of the season.

Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator

Dvorak - Poehling - Caufield cannot have the best faceoff guy playing wing
Drouin - Evans - Hoffman
Anderson - Pitlick - Gallagher anderson > hoffman, gallagher > lehkonen, pitlick > evans.

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov- Savard
Clague- Wideman

Montembeault- Poulin not poulin, just pick up a goalie from waivers. until then ride with montembeault

if poehling and caufield stick, and suzuki and caufield stick...

Poehling - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Dvorak - Anderson
Drouin - Pitlick - Gallagher
Hoffman - Evans - Byron

Chiarot - Savard
Clague - Petry (clague's last chance to prove himself under MSL)
Romanov - Wideman

Montembeault
Also montembeault because primeau shouldnt play
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 6
v5 Minnesota GM
if poehling and caufield stick, and suzuki and caufield stick...

Poehling - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Dvorak - Anderson
Drouin - Pitlick - Gallagher
Hoffman - Evans - Byron

Chiarot - Savard
Clague - Petry (clague's last chance to prove himself under MSL)
Romanov - Wideman

Montembeault
Also montembeault because primeau shouldnt play

Dvorak is on the wing, but he'll take all the faceoffs. Dvorak is there to win board battles, win face-offs, go in front of the net. Hoffman is on the 3rd line to get passes from drouin, get the grit and defense from Evans. It's a perfect line. If Anderson is there , there is no real threat to score. Lehkonen is there to be the main defensive guy, win board battles and go to the front of the net. If gally is there, suzuki and toffoli will focus on defense more, since there isn't a defensive gem on the line without lehkonen. Evans NEEDS to stay on the line with the 2 worst defensive players on the team, and Evans might be the best defensive on Habs forward. Pitlick isn't amazing defensively but he can fit well with Anderson and Gallagher. You can't place lines by basing it on >. You always need the best fit, and that's when everyone will click. Your lines are based on > which wouldn't work so well, because you got the best goal scorers at the top, with the defensive guys at the bottom. All lines need to be put together for best fits. Same thing by defense, chiarot and Savard are both stay at home defenseman who rarely join the rush, are not mobile enough, and always stand in front of their net. Therefore a mobile guy like clague would work with chiarot, a mobile guy like romanov would work with Savard, petry should be scratched. And, kulak and Wideman would form the bottom pair. Kulak is all around defenseman, good mobile and defensively. Wideman is not particularly good at anything but it would have to do. Obviously, I would Want someone else instead of poulin, but until we get the other goalie, poulin should be the 2nd goalie, instead of primeau. Because, games like last night, totally ruin a young goalies development.

Hope that made sense
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 12
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,168
Thoughts on the hire.

Also I’m a big fan of your fans. I hate your team but the fans are okay
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 13
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: capsfan2121
Thoughts on the hire.

Thanks for checking in.

You know what I'm most excited of the martin st louis hiring? He'll be coaching cole caufield. Both caufiled and st louis are undersized scoring forwards. Obviously, st louis won't want to treat caufiled like a 4th liner, since he was also a caufield back in the day. He'll understand caufield, and give him the best chance to succeed, just like martin st louis succeed, when he was in the NHL
capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 14
v5 Minnesota GM
Thoughts on the hire.

BTW, good luck to the caps tomorrow night! But please don't win 7-1. A 2-1 win would be fun though
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 16
Tintin over 1122
Thanks for checking in.

You know what I'm most excited of the martin st louis hiring? He'll be coaching cole caufield. Both caufiled and st louis are undersized scoring forwards. Obviously, st louis won't want to treat caufiled like a 4th liner, since he was also a caufield back in the day. He'll understand caufield, and give him the best chance to succeed, just like martin st louis succeed, when he was in the NHL

I need to start watching more habs hockey. I want to know more. He needs the right guy and I think Marty is that guy. Now the question is about the vets. What will they do with them
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 16
Tintin over 1122
BTW, good luck to the caps tomorrow night! But please don't win 7-1. A 2-1 win would be fun though

We will lose.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 19
Thoughts on the hire.

welcome to the discussion thread
honestly its an experiment that has no guarantees of working, but since the habs already suck terribly, it doesnt hurt to try
capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 19
v5 Minnesota GM

Dvorak - Poehling - Caufield
Drouin - Evans - Hoffman
Anderson - Pitlick - Gallagher

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov- Savard
Clague- Wideman

Montembeault- Poulin

I need to start watching more habs hockey. I want to know more. He needs the right guy and I think Marty is that guy. Now the question is about the vets. What will they do with them

Well the post I made proves how much forward depth we have, but somehow it doesn't translate. It's on the coach. Caufield and poehling might go down to AHL, which I won't be mad. Toffoli, lehkonen, drouin, chiarot, petry, perrault, kulak, allen I hope are all gone by deadline for assets, so that opens some spots
capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 21
v5 Minnesota GM
We will lose.

Surely doubt it, unless we have the jump in our step from the hire. We won't have much practice time, so saint louis should tell the boys; play you're game and have fun. Then, as more practice time comes up, he can I implement the system
zk97, capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 21
Well the post I made proves how much forward depth we have, but somehow it doesn't translate. It's on the coach. Caufield and poehling might go down to AHL, which I won't be mad. Toffoli, lehkonen, drouin, chiarot, petry, perrault, kulak, allen I hope are all gone by deadline for assets, so that opens some spots

toffoli should stay for another year at least
same with drouin, lehkonen, allen
reasoning:
toffoli is a solid 50-60 point scorer, something MTL lacks. keep him around to mentor the young guys (namely jake evans from that image sent by SevenLeg)
drouin's value could be higher or lower next season. he can be a 50 point scorer, or he can get injured and be a 20 point scorer. a gamble that hopefully pays off
lehkonen's playing the best hockey of his life AND he's cost controlled. not to mention he got MTL to the cup final last year
there's no one behind allen that can handle the workload that he did
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 23
Tintin over 1122
I know evans has an extension but if the right deal happens could he be moved as well.
welcome to the discussion thread
honestly its an experiment that has no guarantees of working, but since the habs already suck terribly, it doesnt hurt to try

Thank you for the welcome. And your explanation for hire is why I love you guys. You have suffered who cares if you suffer more. 🥲
zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 28
v5 Minnesota GM
toffoli should stay for another year at least
same with drouin, lehkonen, allen
reasoning:
toffoli is a solid 50-60 point scorer, something MTL lacks. keep him around to mentor the young guys (namely jake evans from that image sent by SevenLeg)
drouin's value could be higher or lower next season. he can be a 50 point scorer, or he can get injured and be a 20 point scorer. a gamble that hopefully pays off
lehkonen's playing the best hockey of his life AND he's cost controlled. not to mention he got MTL to the cup final last year
there's no one behind allen that can handle the workload that he did

But If we trade toffoli now we can get more than he having 1 and a half years left. Lehky is having a career year, I think it's time to take advantage of that, and trade him this deadline. Allen will get more now, but I wouldn't criticize the habs if they keep him. Drouin has 1 and a half years left now, and why not get possible the value lf 5 1st at this deadline. We could also retain 50 % on drouin for 2 years rather than 1 year
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 33
v5 Minnesota GM
I know evans has an extension but if the right deal happens could he be moved as well.
Now with danault gone, we don't really have a defensive center other than Evans. Obviously we have Suzuki (who isn't a slouch defensively) Dvorak (who's pretty good defensively) Poehling (who's pretty good defensively). But in theory, none of our centers main part of their game is defense unlike Evans. Evans is signed for 3 years at 1.7 million! An amazing contract. If we trade lehkonen this year our only other really good defensive option is armia who might be gone also. It would have to take a BIG overpay to pry Evans away.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 33
v5 Minnesota GM
Thank you for the welcome. And your explanation for hire is why I love you guys. You have suffered who cares if you suffer more. 🥲

Now with danault gone, we don't really have a defensive center other than Evans. Obviously we have Suzuki (who isn't a slouch defensively) Dvorak (who's pretty good defensively) Poehling (who's pretty good defensively). But in theory, none of our centers main part of their game is defense unlike Evans. Evans is signed for 3 years at 1.7 million! An amazing contract. If we trade lehkonen this year our only other really good defensive option is armia who might be gone also. It would have to take a BIG overpay to pry Evans away.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 35
v5 Minnesota GM

Wow! Most of my likes are from you! Thanks! @capsfan2121
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 37
Tintin over 1122
Wow! Most of my likes are from you! Thanks! capsfan2121

😎 no problem
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 37
v5 Minnesota GM

Would you / the caps be interested? What would you offer?
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
9 févr. 2022 à 18 h 38
Tintin over 1122
Would you / the caps be interested? What would you offer?

Send eller, a second, leason

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage