Publié: 20 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
NYR
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
  2. McLeod, Ryan
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
rangers get a good young 4th line C and get a backup goalie for this season in koskinen. I honestly dont think he is as bad as people make him out to be. also it is only for 1 season
EDM
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar
Détails additionnels:
Oilers get a young starting goalie and get rid of koskinens contract which frees up cap space for moves at the deadline
ANA
  1. Hájek, Libor [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $74 825 636 $0 $8 457 500 $6 674 364 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
834 167 $834 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
DD
UFA - 1
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
DD
RFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 août 2021 à 9 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
It’s not a horrible trade in principal but I think oilers are more than willing to stick with kosk and continue to develop a goalie internally. The offer is respectful I give full credit for that but even good reasonable offers get declined and I see that being the case here. Good job sorry don’t see it happening.
20 août 2021 à 11 h 8
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,791
You logic with the Oilers trade is highly flawed. Over the past 2 years Koskinen has been the better goalie so Edmonton isn't giving up assets to downgrade.

Georgiev is NOT a starter.
20 août 2021 à 11 h 10
Quoting: Timmah007
It’s not a horrible trade in principal but I think oilers are more than willing to stick with kosk and continue to develop a goalie internally. The offer is respectful I give full credit for that but even good reasonable offers get declined and I see that being the case here. Good job sorry don’t see it happening.

It's a terrible offer, don't try to sugarcoat it.
20 août 2021 à 11 h 44
Quoting: CD282
It's a terrible offer, don't try to sugarcoat it.

lol compared to just about every trade see on here involving a goalie and Edmonton I’d say this is far more sensible and more in the direction oilers would go. I don’t think Holland would bite but it’s at least within the ball park to have a conversation. This would fast track Holloway to crack the roster at centre which is where I do actually see him playing here sooner rather than later.
20 août 2021 à 12 h 41
lol compared to just about every trade see on here involving a goalie and Edmonton I’d say this is far more sensible and more in the direction oilers would go. I don’t think Holland would bite but it’s at least within the ball park to have a conversation. This would fast track Holloway to crack the roster at centre which is where I do actually see him playing here sooner rather than later.

Two 2nds to downgrade the goaltending is a "sensible" offer and "more in the direction" the Oilers would go?? That's just crazy.
20 août 2021 à 13 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Kyle Dubas
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 21
You logic with the Oilers trade is highly flawed. Over the past 2 years Koskinen has been the better goalie so Edmonton isn't giving up assets to downgrade.

Georgiev is NOT a starter.

in what world has koskinen been a good goalie? you gonna run a 40 year old to be your starter again? cause that is not gonna get them far especially with that defense
20 août 2021 à 13 h 19
Quoting: Dubaspersonal
in what world has koskinen been a good goalie? you gonna run a 40 year old to be your starter again? cause that is not gonna get them far especially with that defense

Koskinen has been better than Georgiev, that's for sure. Over the past 2 years, Koskinen posted a .910 save percentage to Georgiev's .908. And Koskinen's mark was dragged down by the beginning of 20-21 when Smith was injured and Holland screwed up the backup situation repeatedly, and it meant that Koskinen had to play every game of a wicked schedule - 12 games in 24 nights traveling thousands of miles through 4 time zones - which isn't something ANY goalie can stand up under. It wasn't fair to Koskinen but Tippett had little choice but to keep throwing him over the boards, so his results were poor over that stretch. I don't fault Koskinen for that, he did his best in an impossible situation.

If you pull those 12 games out of the equation to get a look at how he performs under normal circumstances, his save percentage over the past two seasons is .916, well above Georgiev's .908.

And before you blame NYR's defense, know that Koskinen faced 32.60 shots/60 to Georgiev's 31.99 SA/60 in all situations, and 32.34 SA/60 vs Georgiev's 31.03 at 5v5. Its not quality of shots either, as Koskinen has faced 8.50 HDSA/60 while Georgiev has faced 7.46.

Edmonton is in Win Now mode, they aren't going to downgrade their goaltending this year. And to expect them to give up a high pick and a decent prospect to make their team worse is silly.
20 août 2021 à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Kyle Dubas
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 21
Koskinen has been better than Georgiev, that's for sure. Over the past 2 years, Koskinen posted a .910 save percentage to Georgiev's .908. And Koskinen's mark was dragged down by the beginning of 20-21 when Smith was injured and Holland screwed up the backup situation repeatedly, and it meant that Koskinen had to play every game of a wicked schedule - 12 games in 24 nights traveling thousands of miles through 4 time zones - which isn't something ANY goalie can stand up under. It wasn't fair to Koskinen but Tippett had little choice but to keep throwing him over the boards, so his results were poor over that stretch. I don't fault Koskinen for that, he did his best in an impossible situation.

If you pull those 12 games out of the equation to get a look at how he performs under normal circumstances, his save percentage over the past two seasons is .916, well above Georgiev's .908.

And before you blame NYR's defense, know that Koskinen faced 32.60 shots/60 to Georgiev's 31.99 SA/60 in all situations, and 32.34 SA/60 vs Georgiev's 31.03 at 5v5. Its not quality of shots either, as Koskinen has faced 8.50 HDSA/60 while Georgiev has faced 7.46.

Edmonton is in Win Now mode, they aren't going to downgrade their goaltending this year. And to expect them to give up a high pick and a decent prospect to make their team worse is silly.

I would go with the younger goalie but whatever. edmonton wont go far with a smith/koskinen tandem behind that defense just watch
20 août 2021 à 13 h 24
Quoting: Dubaspersonal

The Smith-Koskinen duo has allowed the 12th fewest goals against over the past 2 seasons despite being in the bottom 3rd of the league in shots against. Goaltending isn't the most pressing concern with this team - defense is.
20 août 2021 à 14 h 3
Pistol Pete
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,479
I think that that trade minus mcleod would be fair value. Edmonton has struggled for like 5 Years to internally develop a 3C. I doubt they part with mcleod especially given he is cast in the big fast mold they are trying to build around.
20 août 2021 à 14 h 16
Two 2nds to downgrade the goaltending is a "sensible" offer and "more in the direction" the Oilers would go?? That's just crazy.

I think could expect similar results as kosk right off the hop but has more room for improvement than kosk. Given the opportunity to bring in someone that can grow with the team but has experience can’t be completely dismissed. I love a lot of the traits smith brings and while he’s still capable of playing at a high level it would be very beneficial to have the next guy in line around him as much as possible ideally it would come from internal options but the win now complicates that becomes risky bet to count on skinner or whoever due to lack of experience. I think going into the season things will stay as they are but mid season I could certainly see something like this happening. Far from being my top choice but isn’t the worst option.
Dubaspersonal a aimé ceci.
20 août 2021 à 14 h 21
Quoting: Zmach
I think that that trade minus mcleod would be fair value. Edmonton has struggled for like 5 Years to internally develop a 3C. I doubt they part with mcleod especially given he is cast in the big fast mold they are trying to build around.

I see Holloway becoming the 3c by deadline. He’s known to be good at draws has strong speed and considering the depth added to lw this offseason 3c is the only really questionable spot in the top nine don’t see him getting the call up to cover 4th line minutes. I think early on Mcloed will be given plenty of opportunity but it’s on him to make the most of it.
Dubaspersonal a aimé ceci.
23 août 2021 à 8 h 1
I think could expect similar results as kosk right off the hop but has more room for improvement than kosk. Given the opportunity to bring in someone that can grow with the team but has experience can’t be completely dismissed. I love a lot of the traits smith brings and while he’s still capable of playing at a high level it would be very beneficial to have the next guy in line around him as much as possible ideally it would come from internal options but the win now complicates that becomes risky bet to count on skinner or whoever due to lack of experience. I think going into the season things will stay as they are but mid season I could certainly see something like this happening. Far from being my top choice but isn’t the worst option.

Statements like "room for improvement" and "grow with the team" and "the next guy in line" all sound good, but you haven't done anything to convince me Georgiev is that guy. I mean, look at his results over the past 4 years:

17-18: .918
18-19: .914
19-20: .910
20-21: .905

Not exactly trending in a good direction, are they? What makes you think there's anything about this guy that's worth two 2nd's?
23 août 2021 à 11 h 42
Statements like "room for improvement" and "grow with the team" and "the next guy in line" all sound good, but you haven't done anything to convince me Georgiev is that guy. I mean, look at his results over the past 4 years:

17-18: .918
18-19: .914
19-20: .910
20-21: .905

Not exactly trending in a good direction, are they? What makes you think there's anything about this guy that's worth two 2nd's?

Wasn’t suggesting it’s a great deal or anything but a lot more in the realm of realism than 99% of trades involving a goalie and Edmonton. It’s not a deal I’d jump at doing but neither was the Keith trade. League values players differently as we might. I’m not in favour of just moving kosk for the sake of it but do see a lot of value in having a more youthful option to battle smith and pick up on some of the aspects that makes smith unique while smith is still capable of providing that. I’d be ok with a slight “overpay” to secure that. Allen is the guy I would target first but as a plan C or D not the worst outcome.
23 août 2021 à 13 h 45
Wasn’t suggesting it’s a great deal or anything but a lot more in the realm of realism than 99% of trades involving a goalie and Edmonton. It’s not a deal I’d jump at doing but neither was the Keith trade. League values players differently as we might. I’m not in favour of just moving kosk for the sake of it but do see a lot of value in having a more youthful option to battle smith and pick up on some of the aspects that makes smith unique while smith is still capable of providing that. I’d be ok with a slight “overpay” to secure that. Allen is the guy I would target first but as a plan C or D not the worst outcome.

I'd start the season with Koskinen at 1B and then give one of Skinner or Konovalov an opportunity in January if I'm not happy with either Smith or Koskinen (or if there's an injury). No way I'm going shopping without seeing what my own prospects can do.

I'm have a sneaking suspicion that Konovalov is already Georgiev's equal. Posting .922 career in the KHL is pretty good - especially when that career ended at just 22 years old.
23 août 2021 à 14 h 4
Pistol Pete
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,479
I see Holloway becoming the 3c by deadline. He’s known to be good at draws has strong speed and considering the depth added to lw this offseason 3c is the only really questionable spot in the top nine don’t see him getting the call up to cover 4th line minutes. I think early on Mcloed will be given plenty of opportunity but it’s on him to make the most of it.

I think if they are going to bring in Holloway as a center they will keep him in the AHL for a year. He could probably be an effective winger right now because he is a phenomenal forechecker but I believe center has been his secondary position so far and it is harder to develop. You are correct right now Mcleod is their boy he skates well transports the puck well and distributes it but his offense hasn't developed at the nhl level yet and that will dictate if he is 3C or 4C.
23 août 2021 à 14 h 10
I'd start the season with Koskinen at 1B and then give one of Skinner or Konovalov an opportunity in January if I'm not happy with either Smith or Koskinen (or if there's an injury). No way I'm going shopping without seeing what my own prospects can do.

I'm have a sneaking suspicion that Konovalov is already Georgiev's equal. Posting .922 career in the KHL is pretty good - especially when that career ended at just 22 years old.

Ya ideally that would be the plan growing internally should be the top choice but if the reason for providing them the opportunity is because unhappy with the play of current guys that likely means not sitting comfortably in a playoff spot which would lead to trade route first to bring in someone with experience. If kosk and smith are doing fine just need rest while sitting comfortably in a playoff spot then ya all day long bring one up and see what we got. If all goes well I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see us carry 3 goalies for the final stretch.
23 août 2021 à 14 h 15
Ya ideally that would be the plan growing internally should be the top choice but if the reason for providing them the opportunity is because unhappy with the play of current guys that likely means not sitting comfortably in a playoff spot which would lead to trade route first to bring in someone with experience. If kosk and smith are doing fine just need rest while sitting comfortably in a playoff spot then ya all day long bring one up and see what we got. If all goes well I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see us carry 3 goalies for the final stretch.

Unhappy with one of the current guys doesn't mean they aren't in a playoff spot at all. Last year most were unhappy with Koskinen and yet the Oilers were comfortably in a playoff spot. The previous year most were unhappy with Smith and the Oilers were comfortably in a playoff spot.

So I don't agree that the automatic reaction is to go the trade route. Washington went to Samsonov, St Louis to Binnington, Pittsburgh to Murray, etc. I think it's more likely that the team would look first to their farm club for help than overspend for a replacement level backup on the trade market.
23 août 2021 à 17 h 21
Unhappy with one of the current guys doesn't mean they aren't in a playoff spot at all. Last year most were unhappy with Koskinen and yet the Oilers were comfortably in a playoff spot. The previous year most were unhappy with Smith and the Oilers were comfortably in a playoff spot.

So I don't agree that the automatic reaction is to go the trade route. Washington went to Samsonov, St Louis to Binnington, Pittsburgh to Murray, etc. I think it's more likely that the team would look first to their farm club for help than overspend for a replacement level backup on the trade market.

We both might be right just depends on how bad one is struggling. Hopefully both hold up and we aren’t forced into a decision.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage