Forums/Armchair-GM

Seattle picks Keroot

Créé par: Onslaught77
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 19 juill. 2021
Publié: 20 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Adjustments could be made to the kings deal, I just saw an article where they thought it made a lot of sense to grab him to work with the many younger assets while still being an important part of the team. If that deal isn't there lots of team would be willing to offer a high pick and a low cost middle 6 winger for Reilly and take Mikheyev who has a ton of potential and lots of speed, especially if they are also interested in making other trades and he could be a valuable add for that. There's also wiggle room for contracts that might take a little more incentive. Now that i did all this and spent a bunch of time looking at the situation they could do all the same things if they pick McCann as well.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 000 000 $
12 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
13 000 000 $
13 800 000 $
54 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    A whoever for whatever trade
    TOR
    1. Kempe, Adrian
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (LAK)
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de LAK
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2081 500 000 $79 345 616 $0 $0 $2 154 384 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    725 000 $725 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    20 juill. 2021 à 1 h 47
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
    The kings could always re sign Martinez and keep their assets…
    20 juill. 2021 à 1 h 49
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 20,015
    Seattle should take McCann over Kerfoot
    20 juill. 2021 à 1 h 59
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Seattle should take McCann over Kerfoot

I agree, a lot of people are saying that kerfoot is their main target. Kerfoot is better at centre and the centre’s up for grabs are thin at best. Mccaan’s recent performance and rfa status make him the likely choice to me.
    20 juill. 2021 à 2 h 4
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 59
    Quoting: GenXHockey
    I agree, a lot of people are saying that kerfoot is their main target. Kerfoot is better at centre and the centre’s up for grabs are thin at best. Mccaan’s recent performance and rfa status make him the likely choice to me.

pretty sure the leafs have a side deal with seattle that would solidify them taking kerfoot
    20 juill. 2021 à 2 h 30
    Quoting: OnFoenem34
    pretty sure the leafs have a side deal with seattle that would solidify them taking kerfoot

That was speculated prior to the trade as Seattle was interested in getting both (via Pittsburgh and Toronto), If you have to choose between 1 though McCann is the better option
    20 juill. 2021 à 2 h 33
    That was speculated prior to the trade as Seattle was interested in getting both (via Pittsburgh and Toronto), If you have to choose between 1 though McCann is the better option

obviously but with hakstol i think they select kerfoot because kerfoot is a better overall centre, he was also the number one centre on the PK for toronto all year so, if seattle gets assets on top of kerfoot, makes too much sense to select him
    20 juill. 2021 à 2 h 36

I don't think there is much issue with depth centers for Seattle, between Gourde, Tierney, Sissons, Appleton, Blackwell, Gaudette, Compher, and a bunch of options (including UFA) they should be fine for 3 and 4C's. The problem is more the 1 and 2C. I think they have to take Domi just because he can play it and be at worst a stopgap for Beniers. Then there is also the option of Nashville paying for RyJo or Duchene to be selected. Or go for like Danault as a UFA. Those would be my 4 targets for top 6 centers at least.
    20 juill. 2021 à 2 h 41
    Quoting: OnFoenem34
    obviously but with hakstol i think they select kerfoot because kerfoot is a better overall centre, he was also the number one centre on the PK for toronto all year so, if seattle gets assets on top of kerfoot, makes too much sense to select him

Well if Toronto gives incentive then yeah its fine but as i just posted above I don't think there is an issue for filling a 3C role, or even PK role for that matter. McCann has also played his share of PK and has excellent numbers at 5v5 to prove his strong defensive game. Also just because Kerfoot played PK doesn't necessarily make him a strong PKer though. Toronto was 24th in the league for PK this year, I know he's not bad but I would not try to sell that as a specialty for him
    20 juill. 2021 à 2 h 43
    Well if Toronto gives incentive then yeah its fine but as i just posted above I don't think there is an issue for filling a 3C role, or even PK role for that matter. McCann has also played his share of PK and has excellent numbers at 5v5 to prove his strong defensive game. Also just because Kerfoot played PK doesn't necessarily make him a strong PKer though. Toronto was 24th in the league for PK this year, I know he's not bad but I would not try to sell that as a specialty for him

hes honestly not bad tho, alot of the PK numbers fall on Andersens poor PK numbers, the PK with campbell was really good .
    20 juill. 2021 à 3 h 17
    Formerly Jamiepo
    I don't think there is much issue with depth centers for Seattle, between Gourde, Tierney, Sissons, Appleton, Blackwell, Gaudette, Compher, and a bunch of options (including UFA) they should be fine for 3 and 4C's. The problem is more the 1 and 2C. I think they have to take Domi just because he can play it and be at worst a stopgap for Beniers. Then there is also the option of Nashville paying for RyJo or Duchene to be selected. Or go for like Danault as a UFA. Those would be my 4 targets for top 6 centers at least.

Kerfoot looked fine at 2c in the playoffs. He’s no top 6 centre but he plays well with talent and is strong defensively.

I mean some of those players you mentioned don’t even play centre. Like I said, that is the only reasoning I can see.
    20 juill. 2021 à 3 h 34
    Kerfoot looked fine at 2c in the playoffs. He’s no top 6 centre but he plays well with talent and is strong defensively.

I mean some of those players you mentioned don’t even play centre. Like I said, that is the only reasoning I can see.

He looked ok in the playoffs, Nylander definitely carried him. All im arguing is that I think McCann is the slightly better choice

The only one I mentioned there that doesnt primarily play center is Appleton, the rest are all regulars at center
    20 juill. 2021 à 3 h 58
    Formerly Jamiepo
    He looked ok in the playoffs, Nylander definitely carried him. All im arguing is that I think McCann is the slightly better choice

The only one I mentioned there that doesnt primarily play center is Appleton, the rest are all regulars at center

Some of them aren’t full time centres I guess.

Some of them won’t even get picked. Gourde and tierny would be the best two on the list. You could make an argument that kerfoot and tierny would compete for the 2 spot.

If I’m Seattle I take mccaan and fix the centre position some other way. Just a lot of rumblings that Seattle has kerfoot over mccaan. Either way I’m good with it. Worst case the leafs give up Hollander and a 7th. That’s not horrible.
    Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
    20 juill. 2021 à 11 h 39
    Formerly Jamiepo

Well.. there was a leak kerfoot is indeed their pick.
    20 juill. 2021 à 11 h 46
    Bedard23
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,539
    Yeah the kings tell Dubas to f off
    20 juill. 2021 à 16 h 25
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 132
    The kings could always re sign Martinez and keep their assets…

And the sun could instantly go out and we all could die. He's a UFA so for now it doesn't matter what the kings could do with Martinez. Martinez doesn't play for the kings. You can't resign someone who wasn't signed with your team at the end of the season. You can only sign them in FA.
    20 juill. 2021 à 16 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: IconicHawk
    Yeah the kings tell Dubas to f off

There are a bunch of teams interested in Reilly who are willing to give up players and picks, so it's irrelevant. They might agree, they might not. Rob Blake doesn't tell Dubas too F off because he's not a moron. He's made trades with the Leafs before and the price isn't unreasonable, even though kings fans are.
    20 juill. 2021 à 16 h 30
    Bedard23
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,539
    Quoting: Onslaught77
    There are a bunch of teams interested in Reilly who are willing to give up players and picks, so it's irrelevant. They might agree, they might not. Rob Blake doesn't tell Dubas too F off because he's not a moron. He's made trades with the Leafs before and the price isn't unreasonable, even though kings fans are.

Leafs fans are 1,000,000 times worse
    20 juill. 2021 à 16 h 34
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: IconicHawk
    Leafs fans are 1,000,000 times worse

No, they aren't. They are the same as every other fan base. Just because you don't understand the difference between the population of Jamacia and the population of china doesn't mean you are correct in your assumptions. Leafs fans are exactly the same as every other fan base in sports, they just have an actual sports fan base, unlike most NHL teams.
    20 juill. 2021 à 17 h 31
    Formerly Jamiepo
    And the sun could instantly go out and we all could die. He's a UFA so for now it doesn't matter what the kings could do with Martinez. Martinez doesn't play for the kings. You can't resign someone who wasn't signed with your team at the end of the season. You can only sign them in FA.

If you think the sun is going out it’s probably best to just let Rielly retire/die a leaf.

I say re sign because they signed Martinez to that deal and he played the majority of his career there. You are right Martinez is ufa. So they have just as much right as the leafs.
    20 juill. 2021 à 17 h 48
    Démarrer sujet
    If you think the sun is going out it’s probably best to just let Rielly retire/die a leaf.

I say re sign because they signed Martinez to that deal and he played the majority of his career there. You are right Martinez is ufa. So they have just as much right as the leafs.

They have zero right to him. It's not a valid reason the Leafs can't sign him. Resign matters because if you are resigning you can offer 8 years since FA hasn't started yet. Neither team can do that. You are basically saying it's impossible for the Leafs to sign anyone because they all have a former team and free agency isn't a thing and hockey players are property, contract or not. The kings only have rights to players they have under contract for the purpose of armchair. It's irrelevant who they once played for. The Leafs can sign Jake Gardiner, they can't resign him. He doesn't play for them. He did, but he doesn't now. That's an important distinction. This isn't a king armchair it's a Leafs armchair so I don't give a damn who the kings can make an offer to.
    It's literally against NHL rules for the kings or the Leafs to even call him or his agent on the phone right now.
    20 juill. 2021 à 20 h 9
    Formerly Jamiepo
    They have zero right to him. It's not a valid reason the Leafs can't sign him. Resign matters because if you are resigning you can offer 8 years since FA hasn't started yet. Neither team can do that. You are basically saying it's impossible for the Leafs to sign anyone because they all have a former team and free agency isn't a thing and hockey players are property, contract or not. The kings only have rights to players they have under contract for the purpose of armchair. It's irrelevant who they once played for. The Leafs can sign Jake Gardiner, they can't resign him. He doesn't play for them. He did, but he doesn't now. That's an important distinction. This isn't a king armchair it's a Leafs armchair so I don't give a damn who the kings can make an offer to.
    It's literally against NHL rules for the kings or the Leafs to even call him or his agent on the phone right now.

I’m glad I have you here to explain things I know and don’t matter.

You can explain why the kings can’t sign Martinez. You are the one arguing that they can’t. All I said is that the kings would be much better off signing him and keeping their assets.
    22 juill. 2021 à 15 h 37
    Démarrer sujet
    I’m glad I have you here to explain things I know and don’t matter.

You can explain why the kings can’t sign Martinez. You are the one arguing that they can’t. All I said is that the kings would be much better off signing him and keeping their assets.

The point is saying that the Leafs can't sign a player because the kings will is nonsense. He's a UFA that doesn't play for the kings so unless they are giving up picks to get him back so they can sign him that's meaningless.
    22 juill. 2021 à 15 h 45
    Formerly Jamiepo
    The point is saying that the Leafs can't sign a player because the kings will is nonsense. He's a UFA that doesn't play for the kings so unless they are giving up picks to get him back so they can sign him that's meaningless.

I didn’t say they couldn’t. You certainly are saying that the kings can’t. Which they certainly can. Signing a ufa Dman doesn’t cost a first and a good cheap player.
    22 juill. 2021 à 17 h 53
    Démarrer sujet
    I didn’t say they couldn’t. You certainly are saying that the kings can’t. Which they certainly can. Signing a ufa Dman doesn’t cost a first and a good cheap player.

No i'm saying it doesn't matter if the kings can or can't sign a player because this isn't a kings AGM it's a Leafs one. The Leafs sign him and then offer the trade, in that circumstance no the kings can't sign him.
    22 juill. 2021 à 17 h 58
    Formerly Jamiepo
    No i'm saying it doesn't matter if the kings can or can't sign a player because this isn't a kings AGM it's a Leafs one. The Leafs sign him and then offer the trade, in that circumstance no the kings can't sign him.

Yup, and my response is that the kings would be better off signing a ufa Dman than going after Rielly. Or just waiting a year and signing him in ufa. They’re no cup contender at the moment.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage