SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 Playoffs Discussion Thread

17 juin 2021 à 13 h 30
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,401
Quoting: mondo
bergevin being in the final three is a joke. they literally just picked the underdog teams and zito.

his marquee signing this offseason has 2 points.

Toffoli has way more points
yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 13 h 31
bergevin being in the final three is a joke. they literally just picked the underdog teams and zito.

Getting Allen, Edmundson, Perry, Staal, Ducharme, Toffoli, etc has helped us either do good in the regular season/playoffs or both
17 juin 2021 à 13 h 31
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
don't even think dubas should be nominated. GM of the year should be based on acquisitions and trades from the past year and the foligno trade keeps him out of the running.

Should've been Yzerman, Zito and one of Sweeney/Dorion/Sakic.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 13 h 32
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Toffoli has way more points

Toffoli wasn't his marquee signing, based on how much HNIC throats Anderson.
17 juin 2021 à 13 h 33
don't even think dubas should be nominated. GM of the year should be based on acquisitions and trades from the past year and the foligno trade keeps him out of the running.

Should've been Yzerman, Zito and one of Sweeney/Dorion/Sakic.

Imo Zito, Sakic, Yzerman, Bergy, Guerrin were all good options
yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 13 h 36
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: yikes
Yeah that makes sense now; but even still I’d hope 31 dudes who run hockey teams + 9 others could agree that Lou made one of the worst trades of the year.. which clearly that’s false hope because it looks like they could care less.

I’d honestly rather see LA’s gm get nominated (I believe it’s Rob Blake).

He’s done better subtle work and created a steady and quick rebuild which has LA looking potentially horrifying. And they were pretty good this year despite many predictions having them drafting high (but obviously a bottom team Gm won’t get nominated but you get my point).

more than half GM's are morons. I bet a lot of them thought of Toews as nothing more than an average 2nd pairing D.
A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 13 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Modifié 17 juin 2021 à 14 h 2
Quoting: Isles777
The toews trade was brutal but you’re acting like the palmieri trade deserves no credit. If the isles make the SCF palmieri is a big reason why

The isles also have two other Norris defenseman btw

I’m just demeaning it to prove my point. I know it was a good acquisition but GM of the Year? Not a chance
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 6
Modifié 17 juin 2021 à 14 h 15
5 of the Canadiens top 10 playoff scorers and 3 of their regular season top 10 leading scorers are Bergevin acquisitions from the past season and his GM of the Year status is being questioned....

To that point I should probably agree with the Zito nomination but to me, there was little to no logic in Zitos moves. I think he fully expected his team to be worse this year and is suprised by their success whereas Bergevin took some calculated risks and expected his team to perform. Zito was just lucky IMO
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 9
Craig Buttons recent mock has Fabian Lysell 26th overall.... I know my flair says Lysell second round but that’s exaggerating. I think hes beyond overrated and should be 10-20 range but wtf Craig

EDIT: He has Daniil Chayka before Lysell and Rosen lol
yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 11
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Craig Buttons recent mock has Fabian Lysell 26th overall.... I know my flair says Lysell second round but that’s exaggerating. I think hes beyond overrated and should be 10-20 range but wtf Craig

I have Lysell around the 10 range, Chayka for me is a 2nd and Rosen is a mid/late 1st, also link please
Devil, Zinger et yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 14
I have Lysell around the 10 range, Chayka for me is a 2nd and Rosen is a mid/late 1st, also link please

Sorry couldn’t find a link... I found it on the TSN app because of a notification and the app has no links
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 16
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

I'm not quite done my 2nd to last draft rankings yet, but I have Lysell as a sure top 15 pick. Rosen should go late first or high second. I could see Chayka dropping as far as the 3rd round. I'm not sure what he sees in him that most others don't. Also, I think this should be moved to the offseason talks thread since this is getting a bit off topic for the playoff discussion thread.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 17
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,832

Not tryna like “argue” so if you disagree with me fire back!

But Bergy is the only of 3 whose done things.

Got Anderson who’s just okay but he’s still injured

But really Perry has been unreal, Edmundson has been great, he’s got a unreal 4th line with Staal (acquired) and Perry plus Armia (his acquisition I think from years past).

He’s got Suzuki from the Patches trade, and Caufield his draft selection.

Allen was a good pickup - helped the habs a ton this year

Additionally he’s got KK performing after some reassigns and call ups handling him slowly.

Toffoli was an unreal contract who’s on a 8 game point streak I believe (the most currently).

He’s kept Gallagher and built a core for the present (Weber, Chiarot (his acquisition), Danault, Gallagher, Toffoli, Price etc) and future (NS, CC, KK, Romanov for starters)

There’s still more and Anderson for Domi was a good swap - which probably woulda been better without that contract given out. The only questionable move was the contract itself which cannot be judged yet, way too early (I agree tho, I dislike the contract a lot for the Habs).

He’s the best candidate imo
Zinger et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 17
Sorry couldn’t find a link... I found it on the TSN app because of a notification and the app has no links

I used to check the TSN website but their new interface has just completly mixed me up
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
NHL Players polls (voted by players)

Best goal scorer: Matthews 46%
Best Dman: Hedman 65%
Best Goalie: Vasy 54%
Most complete player: Crosby and Bergeron 24%
If you need to win one game, which player would you want on your team: McDavid 37%
Best Shot: Ovi 49%
Best Stick Handler: Kane 50%
Best passer: Backstrom 21%
Most superstitious: Crosby 27%
Most fashionable: Matthews 21%
Zinger et yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 18
Quoting: Dzinger18
I'm not quite done my 2nd to last draft rankings yet, but I have Lysell as a sure top 15 pick. Rosen should go late first or high second. I could see Chayka dropping as far as the 3rd round. I'm not sure what he sees in him that most others don't. Also, I think this should be moved to the offseason talks thread since this is getting a bit off topic for the playoff discussion thread.

at this point any NHL forum thread has everything
Zinger et yikes a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 21
Canes fan
Attention CF Users. I think this is about the time to fire in your predictions on how long this thread is going to be by the end of the playoffs. I think if the Habs win this will be easily over 500 pages lol.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 21
Isles7
I’m just demeaning it to prove my point. I know it was a good acquisition but GM of the Year? Not a chance

I don’t think Lou deserved to be nominated , was just arguing that palmieri was a great move.
TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 22
Attention CF Users. I think this is about the time to fire in your predictions on how long this thread is going to be by the end of the playoffs. I think if the Habs win this will be easily over 500 pages lol.

I'd say over 300 pages
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 25
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

420 pages
Zinger a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 27
Canes fan
I'd say over 300 pages

Quoting: Devil1122
420 pages

I'm gonna go with the great Uncle Leo: 470
Devil et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 30
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 17 juin 2021 à 14 h 40
Hot take:

Sakic got Lou to accept a bad trade and the other GMs were salty they didn’t swindle the old man; so they nominated him and not Sakic. Or better yet, another unwritten rule is “you’re not allowed” swindling the old man and Sakic didn’t give a **** and the other GMs are also salty old dudes who didn’t swindle the “wise elder” Lou

Makes these weird award noms seem funnier
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 42
Isles7
Hot take:

Sakic got Lou to accept a bad trade and the other GMs were salty they didn’t swindle the old man; so they nominated him and not Sakic. Or better yet, another unwritten rule is “you’re not allowed” swindling the old man and Sakic didn’t give a **** and the other GMs are also salty old dudes who didn’t swindle the “wise elder” Lou

Eh idk about that - toews just had a brutal playoffs (not a reason to trade him) and most GMs didn’t value toews like Sakic did. I bet GMs think this was Toews breakout season, but he was better last season on the isles . He was still great this season, but some of his numbers were inflated by the stars he got to play with.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 17 juin 2021 à 14 h 51
Quoting: Isles777
Eh idk about that - toews just had a brutal playoffs (not a reason to trade him) and most GMs didn’t value toews like Sakic did. I bet GMs think this was Toews breakout season, but he was better last season on the isles . He was still great this season, but some of his numbers were inflated by the stars he got to play with.

I don’t think Toews was bad tho; I mean I think the general consensus by fans (who aren’t experts) was that Toews was a great pickup. And I think a lot of fans thought the Isles traded their best defender (if it wasn’t Pulock in their eyes).

Even if the GMs don’t love Toews, fans and analysts loved Toews for Colorado. It was more of a light hearted “hot take”, but that doesn’t excuse the swindling, or better put; poor sale by Lou. The consensus by fans and analysts was that Colorado got a steal. Which even if your GM doesn’t think it was; if those outside your team know a trade better than you do and it ends up with the result predicted (Colorados late 2nds and Toews playing great) by fans. Then the issue is poor asset management if fans know more then you.

And Toews himself look phenomenal a good chunk of games, I don’t think he was carried (I know you don’t think he was an anchor). #7 looked great a ton for Colorado in the games I watched and had some good games in this playoffs. He wasn’t spectacular overall and he definitely had some good linemates (Makar and Girard for starters consistently) but he definitely wasn’t a slouch. And he had some great linemates in NYI I’d assume (Pulock or Pelech?)
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 15 h 0
I don’t think Toews was bad tho; I mean I think the general consensus by fans (who aren’t experts) was that Toews was a great pickup. And I think a lot of fans thought the Isles traded their best defender (if it wasn’t Pulock in their eyes).

Even if the GMs don’t love Toews, fans and analysts loved Toews for Colorado. It was more of a light hearted “hot take”, but that doesn’t excuse the swindling, or better put; poor sale by Lou. The consensus by fans and analysts was that Colorado got a steal. Which even if your GM doesn’t think it was; if those outside your team know a trade better than you do and it ends up with the result predicted (Colorados late 2nds and Toews playing great) by fans. Then the issue is poor asset management if fans know more then you.

And Toews himself look phenomenal a good chunk of games, I don’t think he was carried (I know you don’t think he was an anchor). #7 looked great a ton for Colorado in the games I watched and had some good games in this playoffs. He wasn’t spectacular overall and he definitely had some good linemates (Makar and Girard for starters consistently) but he definitely wasn’t a slouch. And he had some great linemates in NYI I’d assume (Pulock or Pelech?)

Pulock and Pelech are a pairing, at least now and their one of the best underrated D pairings
yikes a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage