revamp D without hamilton

Créé par: MartysBetter29
Équipe: 2021-22 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 4 mai 2021
Publié: 4 mai 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Trades:

Foote trade very much has the threat of a NJD offersheet in mind otherwise I don't think Tampa does it. Devils could use cap space to overpay for Foote anywhere in the 3M-4M range and Tampa would only get a 2022 2nd. To maintain relationships and get the player at a more reasonable salary Fitz negotiates with Brisbois. Tampa fans I know that return look underwhelming. If cap issues weren't a thing it would be. But also I think those players could be helpful. Will have minimum cap hits and RFA control. Merkley has looked really good with NJ and his stats reflect that in a small sample size. Not saying he could be the next Coleman but on a better team with better linemates I absolutely think he's a good 4th liner or decent 3rd liner. Former 1st round pick so theres something there. Okhotyuk is very defensively sound with little upside. He's probably been the best of the Devils young D in the AHL this year and in a 3rd pair role his game is suited for the NHL. Ik Tampa has a logjam on the left so you'd probably have to move someone to the right. To make the deal more reasonable you get a 2nd which would have been owed in an offersheet and a 3rd for good measure.

MTL: Saw this trade posted by a Habs fan earlier. Right now I would say no as NJ because they need all the RHD help they can get and Subban has been a solid 2nd pair dman this year. Only way I make the trade is with the Larsson and Foote moves done. At that point you are getting 2 players who are more defensively sound and higher upside than PK at this point so it makes sense to move him. I could see Drouin improving on a line with Hughes and Holtz. And if he doesn't then you cut your losses and let him walk in 2 years no harm no foul.

VAN: It seems like Holtby's value is about even maybe slightly negative so that's what I tried to do here. NJ and VAN swap about 20ish draft spots and in the process VAN gets that salary off the books and NJ gets a vet goalie who has been mediocre but might be able to find his game again.

Signings:
Hamilton is no doubt the best defenseman available but might not be the best move. He is (rightfully) going to demand serious term and serious AAV and while NJ can do so I don't know if they should. If they draft Luke Hughes in this scenario, they are looking at a future D core with premiere offensive talents (Smith+Hughes) along with Severson who is primarily a puck mover. Instead of having Hamilton, who plays a similar game, taking up major cap 5 years from now, I'd rather make some shorter term moves to solidify the defensive part of the game and eventually hand the reigns over to the Smith/Hughes/Bahl/Foote/Walsh/Mukhamodullin/Vukojevic generation.

With that in mind Martinez might be at the top of my FA wishlist this year. He could immediately step in and stabilize a top pair. He has a winning pedigree, leads by example on the ice, and has been playing competitive playoff hockey throughout the last decade. And while I'm sure playing for VGK is a big part of it, his offensive #s this year are extremely impressive. He's an older player so the term won't come close to Hamilton. I'd back up the truck if I'm NJ and give him a big AAV on a 2 year deal. Biggest issue is I can see him wanting to win at this point in his career. NJ would have to sell him on why they are ready to be competitive and also structure his deal with protections and an agreement to move him at the deadline to a contender if NJ is out of it. Even if it was a short marriage I would love for him to step in and show the young defensemen what effort it takes on a nightly basis to win.

Larrson isn't what he was supposed to be but hes solid. And at this point thats what I want on the Devils right side. It's why I prefer him over Subban who plays a more dynamic offensive style but probably isn't best characterized as "steady". NJ's left side is ripe with young players and prospects. Smith, Bahl, Okhotyuk, Mukhamodoullin, Hughes (theoretically). I need stable veteran offensive players on the right to balance that and help young players grow. I think Larsson could help Bahl make the transition to the NHL next season, whereas a Bahl-Subban pairing gives me major anxiety.

Coleman: I don't know, this is probably 75% heart 25% head. Hey, he's a good player and he brings great energy. Bring Pickles home.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
12 000 000 $
21 100 000 $
32 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
44 000 000 $
44 000 000 $
25 750 000 $
Transactions
NJD
  1. Foote, Cal [Droits de RFA]
TBL
  1. Merkley, Nick [Droits de RFA]
  2. Okhotiuk, Nikita
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (NYI)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Oilers condition met. Pick is 2022 3rd.
NJD
  1. Holtby, Braden
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
VAN
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (NJD)
NJD
    Expansion
    Rachats de contrats
    Frais appliqués
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de BUF
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NYI
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $62 011 096 $0 $3 357 500 $19 488 904 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Devils du New Jersey
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 6
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 4
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 6
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C
    RFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $
    AG
    RFA - 3
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    2 822 764 $2 822 764 $
    DG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    4 mai 2021 à 14 h 55
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 25
    Cal Foote is not eligible to receive an OS and since Foote hasnt played too well in his 1st year he might just sign his tender with Tampa try to make the team out of camp next season.
    4 mai 2021 à 14 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    MartysBetter
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 181
    Quoting: IamDaPlum
    Cal Foote is not eligible to receive an OS and since Foote hasnt played too well in his 1st year he might just sign his tender with Tampa try to make the team out of camp next season.

Oh wow is he not? If that's true that totally throws a wrench into these plans lol.
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 1
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 18,591
    That’s a lot of money for Martinez.
    I like him, but whoa.
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 3
    Démarrer sujet
    MartysBetter
    Quoting: NHLfan10506
    That’s a lot of money for Martinez.
    I like him, but whoa.

It is no doubt. But even with that and some other pretty expensive signings NJ still ends up with 16M cap space. Plus Butcher and Holtby come off the books for the next year (last of Martinez contract) so re-signing players shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't go longer than 2 years at that AAV but if NJ is going to entice him to sign it'll have to be an overpay and they can afford to do so.
    NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 3
    Quoting: MartysBetter29
    Oh wow is he not? If that's true that totally throws a wrench into these plans lol.

From what I found he needs to play at least 80 NHL games, along with some other requirements to be OSed.
    MartysBetter29 a aimé ceci.
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 14
    Rejoint: avr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,399
    Canucks decline they aren't trading a pick just to move Holtby
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    MartysBetter
    Quoting: IamDaPlum
    From what I found he needs to play at least 80 NHL games, along with some other requirements to be OSed.

Interesting I'll have to look more into that.

If you don't mind what have your thoughts been on Foote so far? I've liked the player since his draft year but like you mentioned it doesn't seem like he's been as good as fans would hope. Just tough luck or noticeable things he needs to improve on?
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 16
    Speak of the Devil
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 26,437
    I like all of these moves but these are some tweaks I would make
    Tampa trade; I think Boqvist+2nd for Foote makes sense for both teams. Devils want Foote and Boqvist could be a great addition for Tampa. He's on ELC and has potential to be a middle 6 winger
    Montreal trade: I like the idea of this trade if we trade for Foote, but tbh I rather have Nolan Foote on the second line over Drouin. Maybe Subban for a pick could work
    Canucks trade: I like the idea of Holtby but I think we could get more since the Canucks need to free up cap space.

I agree with the Hamilton take. His term/money could backfire on us. I like the Martinez, Coleman and Larsson signings.

Another idea is to move Smith to the right side
    LHD: L Hughes, Mukamudullin, Bahl
    RHD: Smith, Severson, Foote
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 21
    Quoting: MartysBetter29
    Interesting I'll have to look more into that.

If you don't mind what have your thoughts been on Foote so far? I've liked the player since his draft year but like you mentioned it doesn't seem like he's been as good as fans would hope. Just tough luck or noticeable things he needs to improve on?

I dont think Foote has been terrible, Coop seems to trust him on some nights playing him 20+ min then others he plays below 10. Probably doing the same thing they did with Sergy just easing into being a NHL Dman.
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 36
    GO BOLTS
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 388
    Foote has not been bad but not overly impressive. Luke Schenn has been the coach's choice as third D. TB will sign him for about a million. Still believe he has a career not sure it will be top pairing.
    4 mai 2021 à 15 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    MartysBetter
    Quoting: Devil1122
    I like all of these moves but these are some tweaks I would make
    Tampa trade; I think Boqvist+2nd for Foote makes sense for both teams. Devils want Foote and Boqvist could be a great addition for Tampa. He's on ELC and has potential to be a middle 6 winger
    Montreal trade: I like the idea of this trade if we trade for Foote, but tbh I rather have Nolan Foote on the second line over Drouin. Maybe Subban for a pick could work
    Canucks trade: I like the idea of Holtby but I think we could get more since the Canucks need to free up cap space.

I agree with the Hamilton take. His term/money could backfire on us. I like the Martinez, Coleman and Larsson signings.

Another idea is to move Smith to the right side
    LHD: L Hughes, Mukamudullin, Bahl
    RHD: Smith, Severson, Foote

I legit really like all of those ideas/adjustments!

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage