2 janv. 2021 à 14 h 17
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978

2 janv. 2021 à 14 h 29
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
He’s so full of himself. This guy isn’t even a Top 4 defenseman anymore and he’s whining about potentially not playing on the best team on earth. Shut up and continue to rob the Kings of $11 million each year.
2 janv. 2021 à 19 h 41
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
Maybe if he played better people wouldn't criticize him. The common consensus is that he's still good, just very lazy.
3 janv. 2021 à 0 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
He's so arrogant. There is no way in hell he makes Canada 2022. He says he's better than Matthew Tkachuk which is just wrong. Nobody agrees with him. He also had the audacity to call out the Canucks after they embarrassed him and his merry band of morons 8-0 or something like that last year. He said and an almost direct quote "We shouldn't be losing to teams like that by that much." The Canucks are so much better than the Kings who are arguably the worst team in the entire NHL. He's honestly delusional.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2021 à 0 h 38
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
He’s so full of himself. This guy isn’t even a Top 4 defenseman anymore and he’s whining about potentially not playing on the best team on earth. Shut up and continue to rob the Kings of $11 million each year.

He's still a top 4 d-man IMO ... not the player he was a few years ago but still a top 4 d-man.
3 janv. 2021 à 1 h 14
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
He's still a top 4 d-man IMO ... not the player he was a few years ago but still a top 4 d-man.

Maybe, but like @Mondo said, he’s extremely lazy. So he might have the skill to be a top-4 D, but he doesn’t try enough to actually be effective in any significant way. He’s not any better defensively than any other NHL defenseman. I would put him in the same category as PK Subban and Rasmus Ristolainen who put up good offensive numbers, but are just really bad defensively and extremely overpaid.

They’re similar to Erik Gustafsson, who isn’t considered to be a top 4 D. The only difference between them and Gustafsson is that 2 of them have Norris Trophies, so people think that they’re good.
3 janv. 2021 à 1 h 54
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Maybe, but like @Mondo said, he’s extremely lazy. So he might have the skill to be a top-4 D, but he doesn’t try enough to actually be effective in any significant way. He’s not any better defensively than any other NHL defenseman. I would put him in the same category as PK Subban and Rasmus Ristolainen who put up good offensive numbers, but are just really bad defensively and extremely overpaid.

They’re similar to Erik Gustafsson, who isn’t considered to be a top 4 D. The only difference between them and Gustafsson is that 2 of them have Norris Trophies, so people think that they’re good.

I understand what you're saying but you don't need to be amazing defensively to be considered a "top 4 defenseman". Also, Doughty can be lazy sometimes but he still plays tons of minutes and is good defensively in my opinion. I'm not saying he's a top 20 d-man in the league or anything, but I'd say he's a top 4 d-man.
3 janv. 2021 à 8 h 42
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,403
I think he thinks if he wouldn’t be on a ****ty team he’d look good which is partially true but also he’s declining, i think the best role for him would be 2nd pairing dman on a team and mentor to the younger kids with some power play time
3 janv. 2021 à 10 h 50
Démarrer sujet
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I think he thinks if he wouldn’t be on a ****ty team he’d look good which is partially true but also he’s declining, i think the best role for him would be 2nd pairing dman on a team and mentor to the younger kids with some power play time

Yeah but his contract is so bad that he'll never leave the kings
3 janv. 2021 à 10 h 55
Démarrer sujet
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I understand what you're saying but you don't need to be amazing defensively to be considered a "top 4 defenseman". Also, Doughty can be lazy sometimes but he still plays tons of minutes and is good defensively in my opinion. I'm not saying he's a top 20 d-man in the league or anything, but I'd say he's a top 4 d-man.

Well, with his rapid decline, I can't see him being above replacement level in 2024, at least his contract isn't buyout proof. But that's still more than 3.6 million a year for 6 years. You can get a pretty good player for that price. At least it's better than 11 mil for 3 years.

Edit: if bought out in 2024

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage