SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Washington Capitals signed Zdeno Chara (1 Year / $1,525,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

31 déc. 2020 à 14 h 50
Kovid Klaw
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 154
shocking!
31 déc. 2020 à 16 h 30
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,746
Quoting: KennyBoi
They're saying chara is too slow for the game now and it's time for some young blood to get injected into the lineup

That's pretty stupid of them. Chara played the toughest minutes of any defenseman in the league last year and played them well. That is a HUGE hole that nobody on their roster can fill. Not to mention losing Krug, too... maybe they take another stab at OEL.
1 janv. 2021 à 6 h 9
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 153
Quoting: CD282
So they're saying that their Cup window is now closed? I don't get it.

They're going to try to move on gradually from current core without a multi-year stay in the league basement. I think it can be done. Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Studnicka, Coyle, Kase, defense around McAvoy & Carlo..... They'll need contribution from players they'd hoped would be already contributing, will possibly have a goalie issue, but they have enough to stay competitive.

Also B's fans writing off Lauzon, Zboril & Vaakainen because they aren't top defencemen yet - look at the start of Chara's career. Age 23 before NHL regular, 25 before starting to approach the top defenseman he became. And everyone kind of thought he was riding teammates' coattails those 2 years in Ottawa.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
1 janv. 2021 à 11 h 24
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,746
Quoting: BsInOttawa
They're going to try to move on gradually from current core without a multi-year stay in the league basement. I think it can be done. Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Studnicka, Coyle, Kase, defense around McAvoy & Carlo..... They'll need contribution from players they'd hoped would be already contributing, will possibly have a goalie issue, but they have enough to stay competitive.

Also B's fans writing off Lauzon, Zboril & Vaakainen because they aren't top defencemen yet - look at the start of Chara's career. Age 23 before NHL regular, 25 before starting to approach the top defenseman he became. And everyone kind of thought he was riding teammates' coattails those 2 years in Ottawa.

I'm surprised they're starting a refresh this year. I thought they'd continue pushing for a Cup, but I guess not. Strange.
11 janv. 2021 à 11 h 18
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: VijayPatel11
Who will become the next bruins captain

Bergeron
9 juill. 2021 à 23 h 54
Pp
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1
still crying