Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 juin 2022 à 17 h 1
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,194
Quoting: palhal
I just think with so many teams close the cap trading a 7m player that expecting a 1st and prospect isn't really that practical. And a player of equal value.....that's OK if it helps the Leafs in position of need.

That's why I think the more likely trade for Nylander might be for just two second rounders. Then they have the cap to sign a position of need.

So what do think is better: Nylander and 2m goalie on the team. or. a 5,25m goalie, plus 3.75m in cap to replace Nylander and two seconds round picks? IMO the 5.25m goalie and the 3.75m RWer is better on ice value for the Leafs next season

That would be a horrible idea. It would be this trade, if anything it would be worse. You don’t trade almost point per game players for less than first plus prospect. You mention goalies, but let’s not forget Kerfoot, Mrazek, Holl, and Muzzin if he waives (but that’s unlikely) can all be traded
8 juin 2022 à 19 h 27
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,693
Quoting: Saskleaf
That would be a horrible idea. It would be this trade, if anything it would be worse. You don’t trade almost point per game players for less than first plus prospect. You mention goalies, but let’s not forget Kerfoot, Mrazek, Holl, and Muzzin if he waives (but that’s unlikely) can all be traded

Really? What's the price to get rid of Mrzarek's cap to the another team? Holl...not much cap saving as he has to be replaced the lineup, Funny that 50 point Kerfoot is expendable...with little PP time and even his trade and replacement does net some cap relief but not nearly as much Nylander. I don't see why 50 point , plus 19 Kerfoot is so expendable, but 80 point minus 9 Nylander is untouchable.
It appears when a make the statement that Nylander is the logical cap relief trade,
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2022 à 22 h 18
Go leafs go
Really? What's the price to get rid of Mrzarek's cap to the another team? Holl...not much cap saving as he has to be replaced the lineup, Funny that 50 point Kerfoot is expendable...with little PP time and even his trade and replacement does net some cap relief but not nearly as much Nylander. I don't see why 50 point , plus 19 Kerfoot is so expendable, but 80 point minus 9 Nylander is untouchable.
It appears when a make the statement that Nylander is the logical cap relief trade,

Don’t get me wrong, I love Kerfoot, but he’s no where near Nylander. I get the frustration with Nylander, I really do. He’s doesn’t engage in hitting, he doesn’t play defense, sometimes it seems like he isn’t trying out there. But when he’s on his game, he’s an elite talent. He can give you multi point games. He can score. All he needs is to be more disciplined. Keene needs to bench him when he isn’t trying to try and show him. But trading Nylander will probably put a fire under him and turn him into an elite player. Better than Toews in this case. I’m not against reading him for the right price, but trading him for only a couple of seconds is Hall-for-Larsson level stupid.
9 juin 2022 à 0 h 18
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Don’t get me wrong, I love Kerfoot, but he’s no where near Nylander. I get the frustration with Nylander, I really do. He’s doesn’t engage in hitting, he doesn’t play defense, sometimes it seems like he isn’t trying out there. But when he’s on his game, he’s an elite talent. He can give you multi point games. He can score. All he needs is to be more disciplined. Keene needs to bench him when he isn’t trying to try and show him. But trading Nylander will probably put a fire under him and turn him into an elite player. Better than Toews in this case. I’m not against reading him for the right price, but trading him for only a couple of seconds is Hall-for-Larsson level stupid.

OK but not trading Nylander, the Leafs aren't likely to get a # 1 goalie. In a cap strapped NHL....good teams near the cap don't have for cap for just prospects. And teams with cap are likely non playoff teams, they aren't risking a lottery pick for Nylander. Plus in today's NHL...7m can get you a good UFA without giving up picks.

Oh, I admit Nylander is better than Kerfoot. But in today's NHL,,,,who are the buyers that would trade good NHL goalie for him or give high level picks or prospects. Don't think they are any buyers. But we might know in a few weeks .
9 juin 2022 à 10 h 48
Go leafs go
OK but not trading Nylander, the Leafs aren't likely to get a # 1 goalie. In a cap strapped NHL....good teams near the cap don't have for cap for just prospects. And teams with cap are likely non playoff teams, they aren't risking a lottery pick for Nylander. Plus in today's NHL...7m can get you a good UFA without giving up picks.

Oh, I admit Nylander is better than Kerfoot. But in today's NHL,,,,who are the buyers that would trade good NHL goalie for him or give high level picks or prospects. Don't think they are any buyers. But we might know in a few weeks .

What 7 mil UFA are you going to find that is better than Nylander? I have a hard time seeing that you will.
9 juin 2022 à 13 h 20
LongtimeLeafsufferer
What 7 mil UFA are you going to find that is better than Nylander? I have a hard time seeing that you will.

Giroux, Malkin, sure Forsberg and Gaudreau might cost 2m more they can extended for longer term, and teams don't have to give up a 1st rounder and prospect as you prospect.
Then their are guys like Trocheck and Copp, Palat., Kane..cheaper than 7m and as players are they any worse than Nylander?
Bergeron and Marchment
Then there are lot good forwards who have just one or two years left till UFA...who could be traded. The Leafs are competing against those sellers too.
Miller, Tkachuk, Meirer Shiefele, Dubois, Kane, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Killorn, Pasternak

Gee, you make it sound like Nylander is the only prime value candidate for that teams would want. Sorry Leafs have have lots of competition in trading Nylander.
9 juin 2022 à 13 h 26
Go leafs go
Giroux, Malkin, sure Forsberg and Gaudreau might cost 2m more they can extended for longer term, and teams don't have to give up a 1st rounder and prospect as you prospect.
Then their are guys like Trocheck and Copp, Palat., Kane..cheaper than 7m and as players are they any worse than Nylander?
Bergeron and Marchment
Then there are lot good forwards who have just one or two years left till UFA...who could be traded. The Leafs are competing against those sellers too.
Miller, Tkachuk, Meirer Shiefele, Dubois, Kane, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Killorn, Pasternak

Gee, you make it sound like Nylander is the only prime value candidate for that teams would want. Sorry Leafs have have lots of competition in trading Nylander.

Nylander is better than all the players on the UFA market except Gaudreau and Forsberg. Here's the thing: Nylander is younger than any pending UFA. If a team thinks they can resign him, and they have a longer window, they are going to go for him over big name FA's.

Tkachuk, Pasta, Schifle, Miller, Meier, and Dubois might be better than him, sure, but who says they aren't going to cost an absolute fortune, if they are traded at all (likely none, or only one, will be).

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage