2020 first round

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Big_Papa20
Publié: 28 août 2020 à 17 h 15
28 août 2020 à 17 h 55
Being wrong is ok
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 354
Rossi doesn't drop to 8. Out of everything you put on this mock thats the 1 thing I'm sure you got wrong. But, I agree with Rodion Amriov moving up.
Big_Papa20 a aimé ceci.
28 août 2020 à 18 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 576
Sharks are not taking dmen. Particularly not when Brisson and Khusnutdinov are still on the board.
Big_Papa20 a aimé ceci.
29 août 2020 à 7 h 30
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 587
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
Rossi doesn't drop to 8. Out of everything you put on this mock thats the 1 thing I'm sure you got wrong. But, I agree with Rodion Amriov moving up.

Why not?

I still think Schneider is way too high.
29 août 2020 à 8 h 4
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
Why not?

I still think Schneider is way too high.

Rossi has a high super star potential being in the top 3 of this draft class according to certain scout rankings, played against better talent despite the OHL having a bad defense class, and he's NHL ready imo with his strength, puck skill, and passing. Imo if Detroit, Ottawa, and Anaheim pass him up they would have made a grave mistake.

For Schneider I wouldn't be surprised.
Leemer a aimé ceci.
29 août 2020 à 8 h 19
Rossi has a high super star potential being in the top 3 of this draft class according to certain scout rankings, played against better talent despite the OHL having a bad defense class, and he's NHL ready imo with his strength, puck skill, and passing. Imo if Detroit, Ottawa, and Anaheim pass him up they would have made a grave mistake.

well, according to certain scouts, have him lower. In Bob McKenzies survey of scouts he is 7th. Also, he is one of the oldest prospects in the draft.

Where did he play against better competiton

The pro Leagues in Europe are much better than the OHL. All the KHL, SHL, Liiga, NLA, DEL and Allsvenskan are better than the OHL
BuckoJoyde a aimé ceci.
29 août 2020 à 8 h 21
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125

I am not convinced that Harry Potter Dubas takes the BAP at number 15 - leafs prospect pool is very thin on D especially RHD and it wouldn’t be a grave mistake to take Schneider here in this deep draft. Unlikely that at pick 44 leafs get as quality a D like Helge Grans Villaneuve Poirier etc Leafs are set at forwards for years to come.
29 août 2020 à 8 h 27
Being wrong is ok
well, according to certain scouts, have him lower. In Bob McKenzies survey of scouts he is 7th. Also, he is one of the oldest prospects in the draft.

The pro Leagues in Europe are much better than the OHL. All the KHL, SHL, Liiga, NLA, DEL and Allsvenskan are better than the OHL

Very true. I should of put it in this way. The OHL has had a good track record producing elite talent. I can't speak off hand for the leagues you are mentioned. Nevertheless, I agree the European pro leagues having better competition not talent per say. Question. What games are talking about in relation to Rossi?
29 août 2020 à 8 h 33
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125

I agree with your statement on the pro leagues but with some reservations on risk 1) the khl pays more $ than the nhl entry level contracts - some of those Russian youth players get a taste of that and they can be hard to extract to the nhl. Short term money vs long term money in the nhl - case in point Romanov with the habs 2) most of these young players have had only very short stints in the pro leagues and they did not get much ice time at all so it is a hard comparison however if they held their own and played over 30 games it’s valid but bear in mind that perhaps this year a lot of scouts may not have seen as many euro games vs tape as they have seen of Rossi so Rossi could go high
29 août 2020 à 10 h 4
Quoting: Leemer
I agree with your statement on the pro leagues but with some reservations on risk 1) the khl pays more $ than the nhl entry level contracts - some of those Russian youth players get a taste of that and they can be hard to extract to the nhl. Short term money vs long term money in the nhl - case in point Romanov with the habs 2) most of these young players have had only very short stints in the pro leagues and they did not get much ice time at all so it is a hard comparison however if they held their own and played over 30 games it’s valid but bear in mind that perhaps this year a lot of scouts may not have seen as many euro games vs tape as they have seen of Rossi so Rossi could go high

Very true. I should of put it in this way. The OHL has had a good track record producing elite talent. I can't speak off hand for the leagues you are mentioned. Nevertheless, I agree the European pro leagues having better competition not talent per say. Question. What games are talking about in relation to Rossi?

That is in a sense true, also, we have to consider that Canada is actually much a bigger country than most european hockey countries (Finland 5m, Sweden 10, Switzerland 8, Czech Republic 11m)

Not saying that the talent is not there in the CHL

To the point of scouting, I would actually say it is exactly the other way around. In europe, pro legues are currently playing preseason games and junior national teams are playing. So scouts can watch quite a bit of european players till the draft starts, while I am not aware of any date for a sart of the CHL. I actually think Rossi is practising with his junior team in Zürich right now.

This is also not a knock on Rossi, I just think Lundell is quite a talent himself

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage