Forums/Armchair-GM

Cost to Compete

Créé par: bdb
Équipe: 2020-21 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 3 juill. 2020
Publié: 3 juill. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Canucks free up space to sign Hughes and Pettersson next year and Markstrom and Toffoli now.
Defense is improved but still need internal development to improve long term.

Moving more picks, prospects and Virtanen hurts but are the cost of shedding salary. Podzolkin, Hoglander, Rathbone, Joulevi and Woo will need to fill the gap.

23M in cap space will still be tight in 2021 but possible.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
56 000 000 $
35 500 000 $
Transactions
ANA
  1. Eriksson, Loui
  2. Virtanen, Jake [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (VAN)
VAN
  1. Jensen, Nick
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2020 (WSH)
WSH
  1. Stecher, Troy [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de WSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $76 643 545 $1 700 000 $3 700 000 $4 856 455 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C, AG
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 3
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Capitals de Washington
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 3
Best In The World
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 658
VAN is not moving Virtanen.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 56
Quoting: brocklesnar
VAN is not moving Virtanen.

Broken record dude
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 4
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
1) I thought Virtanen wasn’t getting moved?
2) If you want the Ducks to take Erickson ( gross ) it’ll need to be an insane overpay
Riley816 a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 7
Best In The World
Quoting: bdb
Broken record dude

Flat cap and maybe for another couple season and you want to give up on a cost controlled RFA who can play anywhere in the lineup? Virtanen has finally become a useful player after years of being patient. The Canucks are not even sure if they can get Toffoli signed which just leaves Boeser as the only goal scoring right winger. Virtanen scored 18 goals without much PP time.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: brocklesnar
Flat cap and maybe for another couple season and you want to give up on a cost controlled RFA who can play anywhere in the lineup? Virtanen has finally become a useful player after years of being patient. The Canucks are not even sure if they can get Toffoli signed which just leaves Boeser as the only goal scoring right winger. Virtanen scored 18 goals without much PP time.

Wingers are easier to acquire and he's one of the few trade chips nucks can use to get out of cap hell. With Podz coming and Boeser, Toffoli (in this case), Ferland and MacEwen they can afford to move him.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,555
I'd take that deal for Ottawa. Lind has some NHL upside, and at very least will stop the bleeding in Belleville, after they potentially lose most of their top six to the NHL this year. Baertschi is a good buy low candidate.
bdb a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Arlotti47
1) I thought Virtanen wasn’t getting moved?
2) If you want the Ducks to take Erickson ( gross ) it’ll need to be an insane overpay

He's grossly overpaid but a 1st round pick is decent value for a guy that won't cost much cash. I also think Virtanen has a bit more value than Manson at this point as he has tailed off.

I could see the Canucks potentially needing to add a bit more but don't get the need for insane overpay.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 43
The Ottawa trade is bad. Lind is going to be a great player. It breaks my heart but we aren't resigning Tofolli. He is great and losing Madden is devastating, that kid is going to be great in the NHL but long-term, but we currently have great centre depth. Tofolli doesnt make sense given our financial affairs and need to sign EP, Hughes with Pearson, Boeser, Horvat and Miller not to far down the line. We have Podkolzin, Lind and Hoglander in 2 years. Also Leivo, Virtanen rounding out the wings. I also think MacKewan will continue to surprise. Canucks have a bright future. The big question is the defense....Tanev or Stetcher, cannot do both. Do you trust Tanev's health? What is his cost and term? Do you let him walk? What do you get in return for Stetcher? Can we trade Myers? The contract term and size is gross.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 30
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
He's grossly overpaid but a 1st round pick is decent value for a guy that won't cost much cash. I also think Virtanen has a bit more value than Manson at this point as he has tailed off.

Ducks are trying to retool with the young guys. Getting guys like Backes and Erickson would slow it down 5x
I could see the Canucks potentially needing to add a bit more but don't get the need for insane overpay.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Canuckel_head
The Ottawa trade is bad. Lind is going to be a great player. It breaks my heart but we aren't resigning Tofolli. He is great and losing Madden is devastating, that kid is going to be great in the NHL but long-term, but we currently have great centre depth. Tofolli doesnt make sense given our financial affairs and need to sign EP, Hughes with Pearson, Boeser, Horvat and Miller not to far down the line. We have Podkolzin, Lind and Hoglander in 2 years. Also Leivo, Virtanen rounding out the wings. I also think MacKewan will continue to surprise. Canucks have a bright future. The big question is the defense....Tanev or Stetcher, cannot do both. Do you trust Tanev's health? What is his cost and term? Do you let him walk? What do you get in return for Stetcher? Can we trade Myers? The contract term and size is gross.

This roster has room for Toffoli and the players you mentioned for the most part. Miller will be interesting considering how well he has been playing and I doubt bringing back Pearson will be a priority. As you said they have a decent pipeline so replacing Pearson shouldn't be difficult.
4 juill. 2020 à 0 h 53
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,101
The Anaheim trade is interesting. I don't like giving up Virtanen or a 1st but we would be getting some serious value back with cap space and a good RHD. I'd rather let Toffoli walk, keep Virtanen and replace him with something else in the deal. Like others have said, he's finally showing the unique player he can be.

I don't think we need to do that Washington deal. Jensen is an upgrade but I'd rather spend less money on a bottom pairing guy given our cap situation. Plus it seems like there's a decent chance that Stetcher isn't qualified and becomes a UFA anyway, so we wouldn't be able to trade him.

Ottawa deal is whatever but I don't see a need for it. According to this team we have the cap space, so why give up the young winger? Lind is someone who could possibly step in on an ELC after Pettersson and Hughes' new deals kick in.

Gaudette get's 1M-2M more than that. As I said before, I'd prefer to let Toffoli walk. We don't need to commit cap space to him. It just gives us more flexibility and we have young wingers who can take his spot in 1-2 years, not to mention the decline that has been on (before Vancouver) and will likely continue to be on.

You also need to include 1.7M in dead cap due to performance bonuses from Pettersson and Hughes.
4 juill. 2020 à 2 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Canucks33
The Anaheim trade is interesting. I don't like giving up Virtanen or a 1st but we would be getting some serious value back with cap space and a good RHD. I'd rather let Toffoli walk, keep Virtanen and replace him with something else in the deal. Like others have said, he's finally showing the unique player he can be.

I don't think we need to do that Washington deal. Jensen is an upgrade but I'd rather spend less money on a bottom pairing guy given our cap situation. Plus it seems like there's a decent chance that Stetcher isn't qualified and becomes a UFA anyway, so we wouldn't be able to trade him.

Ottawa deal is whatever but I don't see a need for it. According to this team we have the cap space, so why give up the young winger? Lind is someone who could possibly step in on an ELC after Pettersson and Hughes' new deals kick in.

Gaudette get's 1M-2M more than that. As I said before, I'd prefer to let Toffoli walk. We don't need to commit cap space to him. It just gives us more flexibility and we have young wingers who can take his spot in 1-2 years, not to mention the decline that has been on (before Vancouver) and will likely continue to be on.

You also need to include 1.7M in dead cap due to performance bonuses from Pettersson and Hughes.

Thanks for the response, I had forgotten that Baertschi was only 1 more year so you are right it would be unnecessary. My thinking on Jensen was that he is a poor man's Tanev and that we would save some cap.

I think Toffoli is much more valuable to the team than Virtanen especially in the short term.
4 juill. 2020 à 13 h 19
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,101
Thanks for the response, I had forgotten that Baertschi was only 1 more year so you are right it would be unnecessary. My thinking on Jensen was that he is a poor man's Tanev and that we would save some cap.

I think Toffoli is much more valuable to the team than Virtanen especially in the short term.

Jensen is definitely a good player to have, but I don't think he's a luxury we can afford until after Pettersson and Hughes' new contracts kick in. Regardless of how good he is, I don't want to be stuck paying 2.5M for a bottom pairing defenseman when we need as much cap space as possible.

Toffoli has been really valuable, for 10 games. Last season he put up the lowest point total over a full season since his first year. He's never broken 60 points and only broken 50 points one time. Boeser has scored at a higher rate in each of his first three seasons than Toffoli has in his best season. He's having a good year in a contract year; how often do you see that happen, where a player has a good year and a team signs him in FA. Usually ends up looking pretty bad for the team. We have options who can replace him down the line and we don't desperately need him like we do a defenseman. Podkolzin can replace him in one year on an ELC and Hoglander could eventually get to that level as well.
bdb a aimé ceci.
4 juill. 2020 à 14 h 2
Best In The World
Wingers are easier to acquire and he's one of the few trade chips nucks can use to get out of cap hell. With Podz coming and Boeser, Toffoli (in this case), Ferland and MacEwen they can afford to move him.

I don't see Virtanen going anywhere, but everyone can have different opinions.
bdb a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage