TB trade who wins

Créé par: CaptainFlynnt
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 1 mai 2020
Publié: 1 mai 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The case for TB to do it:
- They get $5.9M in cap space that will allow them to easily resign there other RFA's Cernak, Sergachev, and Cirelli.
- They get a top prospect in Suzuki, who's rookie season (41 pts in 71 games) was virtually identical to Points (40 pts in 68 games).
- They get a top 10 draft pick.
- They get a decent prospect in josh Brook.
- No longer have to protect Point in the expansion draft.

The case for TB not to do it:
- Point is a big part of the team and they know what they will get from him. Will Suzuki be able to progress and replace him?

The case for MTL to do it:
- They get the best player in the deal at this time.

The case for MTL not to do it:
- Point is 24 yrs old and in his prime, while Suzuki is only 20 years old and hasn't scratched the surface yet.
- The team hasn't made the playoffs in 3 years, is replacing Suzuki with Point going to push this team over the top? If not, is it worth taking on $5.9M when they need to re-sign Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault and Armia who are all UFA's. Would they not be better off keeping there 20 year old top prospect and there top 10 pick and staying patient?
- Have to protect Point in the expansion draft.

Credit to blanche for the trade and DirtyDangle for the debate.

Discuss below.
Transactions
TBL
  1. Brook, Josh
  2. Suzuki, Nick
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (MTL)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1781 500 000 $66 353 809 $0 $0 $15 146 191 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
763 333 $763 333 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
Who wins?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 mai 2020 à 19 h 57
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,457
Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
And does that mean MTL wins? Err do both lose? Theres two sides to every trade.

tampa loses montreal wins by a mile. This is a homerun
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Habs
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 384
Quoting: DirtyDangle
yea probably. i don't think brook is going to turn into anything. the difference between suzuki and point is worth the $6m.

Duuuuuude you left out the top 10 pick, top 10 picks don't just grow on trees.

And again it's easy to say that now but let's go back in time to a 20 year old point who had 40 pts in 68 games playing 17 minutes / game. Now compare that to a 20 year old Suzuki who had 41 pts in 71 games playing 16 minutes / game.

At this point I consider Brook's value to be negligible, especially when we are talking about a guy like Point. But Suzuki (who alone could likely replace Point in TB's lineup, a top 10 draft pick, and $5.9M in cap space which TB desperately needs is an amazing return.

Like IF Suzuki replaces Point in the lineup (which I think he is very capable of doing within 1 - 2 years) then TB has added a Top 10 Pick, Josh Brook, and $5.9M in cap space for virtually nothing.
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Habs
Quoting: keep_ups12
tampa loses montreal wins by a mile. This is a homerun

You're not adding any reasoning, I've added plenty of reasons why I think this is a bad trade for MTL, regardless of how it looks for TB.

You saying "TB loses Montreal wins by a mile. This is a homerun" provides no value to the discussion. Give me something to think about.
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 10
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Duuuuuude you left out the top 10 pick, top 10 picks don't just grow on trees.

And again it's easy to say that now but let's go back in time to a 20 year old point who had 40 pts in 68 games playing 17 minutes / game. Now compare that to a 20 year old Suzuki who had 41 pts in 71 games playing 16 minutes / game.

At this point I consider Brook's value to be negligible, especially when we are talking about a guy like Point. But Suzuki (who alone could likely replace Point in TB's lineup, a top 10 draft pick, and $5.9M in cap space which TB desperately needs is an amazing return.

Like IF Suzuki replaces Point in the lineup (which I think he is very capable of doing within 1 - 2 years) then TB has added a Top 10 Pick, Josh Brook, and $5.9M in cap space for virtually nothing.

the top 10 pick would be on an elc, if they are in the league, so it doesn't add much to the caphit.

suzuki is good but a lot of things would have to go right for him to be near as good as point. point scored 40g and almost 100 pts last season. ppg player this season. teams that have kept their elite talent have done well. pens, hawks, la, and caps all kept their big guns.

it's not a terrible trade but i think tampa would be fools to do in and montreal would be making a mistake not taking that deal.
SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 10
You're not adding any reasoning, I've added plenty of reasons why I think this is a bad trade for MTL, regardless of how it looks for TB.

You saying "TB loses Montreal wins by a mile. This is a homerun" provides no value to the discussion. Give me something to think about.

Ok. I thought it was obvious who won and lost
Montreal gets a 30+ goal scorer who could be a point per game player. This is even a division team their trading with.
All they give up is a first round pick a top 6 forward and a defensive prospect.
Tampa gives a 40+ goal scorer and are giving it to a division team.
Tampa's chance to win is NOW. They have one of the best teams in the league and want to continue their playoff runs
They would rather trade someone else other than point
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Habs
Ok. I thought it was obvious who won and lost
Montreal gets a 30+ goal scorer who could be a point per game player. This is even a division team their trading with.
All they give up is a first round pick a top 6 forward and a defensive prospect.
Tampa gives a 40+ goal scorer and are giving it to a division team.
Tampa's chance to win is NOW. They have one of the best teams in the league and want to continue their playoff runs
They would rather trade someone else other than point

Ok now we can discuss.

First of all, Suzuki is 20 years old and already a top 6 forward. That's his floor. At 20 years old Point scored 40 pts in 68 games playing 17 min / game. Suzuki scored 41 pts in 71 games playing only 16 min / game. Suzuki alone has the potential to become Point, so why should MTL overpay to get Point when they potentially already have him in Suzuki?

That's not a "first round pick" that's a top 10 pick. There's a huge difference.

Brook a defensive prospect? He lead the WHL in pts by a defenseman in 2018-19, he is offensive, his D needs work.

Now I agree and respect the fact that TB's window to win is now, so yes they probably wouldn't want to do this trade if they don't have to.

But how is this a "homerun" for MTL?

You never mentioned anything about cap space. "They would should trade someone else" there entire team has NTC except for Killorn, and even if they trade Killorn it's probably not enough to keep Cirelli and Sergachev.
El_Yogi a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Habs
Quoting: DirtyDangle
the top 10 pick would be on an elc, if they are in the league, so it doesn't add much to the caphit.

suzuki is good but a lot of things would have to go right for him to be near as good as point. point scored 40g and almost 100 pts last season. ppg player this season. teams that have kept their elite talent have done well. pens, hawks, la, and caps all kept their big guns.

it's not a terrible trade but i think tampa would be fools to do in and montreal would be making a mistake not taking that deal.

Well I respectfully disagree. MTL does not need to make this trade at all, stay the course, Suzuki will be a 1st Line player, the top 10 pick should be a great player too. Keep the cap space to resign your UFA's or use in other deals / offersheets (Sergachev). No need for MTL to rush their rebuild, they can wait on Suzuki.

I respect the fact that TB won't want to trade Point since they want to win now.

Suzuki was OHL playoff MVP, his track record up to this point is as good if not better than Point's. A lot of things have to go right for anyone to be a 100 point player (playing with Stamkos and Kucherov sure helps).

I know Suzuki would be dynamite in TB if this trade were to happen, and this would look very bad for MTL.
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 31
Well I respectfully disagree. MTL does not need to make this trade at all, stay the course, Suzuki will be a 1st Line player, the top 10 pick should be a great player too. Keep the cap space to resign your UFA's or use in other deals / offersheets (Sergachev). No need for MTL to rush their rebuild, they can wait on Suzuki.

I respect the fact that TB won't want to trade Point since they want to win now.

Suzuki was OHL playoff MVP, his track record up to this point is as good if not better than Point's. A lot of things have to go right for anyone to be a 100 point player (playing with Stamkos and Kucherov sure helps).

I know Suzuki would be dynamite in TB if this trade were to happen, and this would look very bad for MTL.

Suzuki will not be a first line centre. Maybe a first lien winger
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Habs
Suzuki will not be a first line centre. Maybe a first lien winger

I mean, he was top 50 in pts for the league by C's in his rookie season so I wouldnt be so sure about that.
El_Yogi a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2020 à 20 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 137
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
MTL could want this to get their offensive star, because no disrespect to KK, Caufield or Suzuki, but I don't think any of them has the potential of being an offensive star. Point is that and will be that for the next decade or so

According to Wheeler and Pronman at the Athletic, Caufield will be, and Suzuki looks like the real deal
1 mai 2020 à 21 h 5
Mentions "j'aime": 159
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
MTL could want this to get their offensive star, because no disrespect to KK, Caufield or Suzuki, but I don't think any of them has the potential of being an offensive star. Point is that and will be that for the next decade or so

KK has a very respectable rookie season as an 18 year old and Suzuki looked very impressive in his first putting up as good of numbers as Point in his did in his first season. He put up those numbers on a mediocre habs team compared to a much better Tampa team. His IQ is elite in my opinion. Point may be better now but this kid is worth hanging on to. This years pick is going to be a very high one and could land another high potential. Taking into consideration Suzuki’s potential and this stacked draft those two factors are enough for me to not make that trade. Sure Brook didn’t impress too much this season but he was a junior stud and sometimes it takes D a bit of time so I think you let him develop.

Also Tampa is win now just keep Point.
CaptainFlynnt a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2020 à 21 h 36
Go Bolts!!!
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 153
The problem I have with this scenario is that NHL Teams do not trade their 1C away while they are just entering their prime, Point is the 1C in Tampa so even with a top 10 pick and Suzuki it doesn't make sense for Tampa. Even after this cap crunch they should still be a contending team but trading their 1C negatively impacts that. The Lightning would trade one of Cirelli or Sergachev if there was no other option before they trade Point if it came down to that.
CaptainFlynnt a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2020 à 7 h 16
Mark
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 323
I think it isn't far off. I think Brook will end up being a sold 5-6 d-man (not second pair), but it's a matter of personal opinion. I would assume the Habs have to throw in another pick to get it done, though.
2 mai 2020 à 8 h 12
SlafDaddy
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 187
Honestly its an even deal but makes no sense, a contender trading one of there best players to a rebuilder for prospects, its even but i wouldnt think it benefits either side

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage