SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Tyson Barrie

8 févr. 2020 à 22 h 3
Campbe11
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 29
OMG? three giveaways, one shift and on the PP, was he drunk or hungover WTH!

Need I say more? They said he was supposed to be a right-handed Jake Gardinar, I don't see it!
11 févr. 2020 à 17 h 19
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
Quoting: Leaf_fan_74
OMG? three giveaways, one shift and on the PP, was he drunk or hungover WTH!

Need I say more? They said he was supposed to be a right-handed Jake Gardinar, I don't see it!

Bob McKenzie said at the time the trade happened that Barrie is Jake Gardiner-lite. He was absolutely right about that and the exact D the Leafs did not need.

Sad part is that Kadri rejecting the initial trade really screwed the Leafs. I mean every GM knew Kadri's time in Toronto was up...it's what happens when you get suspended when your team needs you most.
11 févr. 2020 à 21 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Campbe11
Quoting: oneX
Bob McKenzie said at the time the trade happened that Barrie is Jake Gardiner-lite. He was absolutely right about that and the exact D the Leafs did not need.

Sad part is that Kadri rejecting the initial trade really screwed the Leafs. I mean every GM knew Kadri's time in Toronto was up...it's what happens when you get suspended when your team needs you most.

But Brodie is another left shooting defenseman. So not like that would have been the answer to our defence either.
11 févr. 2020 à 21 h 54
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,661
But Brodie is another left shooting defenseman. So not like that would have been the answer to our defence either.

Brodie also had a NMC and there was some talk that the D coming to the Leafs might have been Hamonic. Ultimately it doesn't matter...GMs knew Leafs couldn't bring Kadri back and Sakic benefited from that knowledge.
11 févr. 2020 à 21 h 55
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700

Brodie plays the right exclusively. He still isn’t the Dman we need but slightly better than Barrie. The other half of that trade was jankowski... yuck!
11 févr. 2020 à 21 h 56
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: oneX
Brodie also had a NMC and there was some talk that the D coming to the Leafs might have been Hamonic. Ultimately it doesn't matter...GMs knew Leafs couldn't bring Kadri back and Sakic benefited from that knowledge.

Brodie added Toronto to his ntc afterwards as far as I know.
12 févr. 2020 à 11 h 30
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,626
Quoting: Jamiepo
Brodie added Toronto to his ntc afterwards as far as I know.

kadri had calgary on his ntc.
12 févr. 2020 à 22 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Campbe11
Brodie plays the right exclusively. He still isn’t the Dman we need but slightly better than Barrie. The other half of that trade was Jankowski... yuck!

Hey, Brodie is from Kent County in Ontario, my homeland. I would welcome him any day, but like Muzzin, he doesn't fix what ails the Leafs.
12 févr. 2020 à 22 h 50
Formerly Jamiepo
Hey, Brodie is from Kent County in Ontario, my homeland. I would welcome him any day, but like Muzzin, he doesn't fix what ails the Leafs.

Think you meant Barrie. Muzzin was just what we needed.
13 févr. 2020 à 10 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Campbe11
Think you meant Barrie. Muzzin was just what we needed.

I agree about Barrie... and, if we don't get a 1st rounder for him before the deadline, I would say we lost the Kadri trade. Albeit, I disagree about Muzzin, however, this is not to say Muzzin holds no value for us, more that, adding him doesn't fix the right side and complicates the left side substantially shrinking Dermott and Sandin development real estate.
13 févr. 2020 à 10 h 53
Formerly Jamiepo
I agree about Barrie... and, if we don't get a 1st rounder for him before the deadline, I would say we lost the Kadri trade. Albeit, I disagree about Muzzin, however, this is not to say Muzzin holds no value for us, more that, adding him doesn't fix the right side and complicates the left side substantially shrinking Dermott and Sandin development real estate.

Sometimes we all get caught up with handedness and lose focus on putting out good Dmen. Muzzin is our best defender and that goes a long way.

I figure we are keeping Barrie for the playoffs so I don’t see a first rounder coming back.
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Campbe11
Sometimes we all get caught up with handedness and lose focus on putting out good Dmen. Muzzin is our best defender and that goes a long way.

I figure we are keeping Barrie for the playoffs so I don’t see a first rounder coming back.

When the opposition forechecking puts pressure on a defender, backhand plays are way less controllable i.e., successful than forehand plays. I don't care how good you are!
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 13
Formerly Jamiepo
When the opposition forechecking puts pressure on a defender, backhand plays are way less controllable i.e., successful than forehand plays. I don't care how good you are!

Well, first of all I never said anything about playing anyone on their off side. Secondly there are many players that are better on their of side. The issue would be not putting it layers on there off side who are not comfortable.
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Campbe11
Well, first of all I never said anything about playing anyone on their off side. Secondly there are many players that are better on their of side. The issue would be not putting it layers on there off side who are not comfortable.

You kind of alluded to it, but maybe I read it wrong, Ya I think you're right about Barrie, every game he plays lately his value drops. That's just awesome, isn't it?
17 févr. 2020 à 0 h 26
Formerly Jamiepo
You kind of alluded to it, but maybe I read it wrong, Ya I think you're right about Barrie, every game he plays lately his value drops. That's just awesome, isn't it?

He isn’t going to be moved. Unless leafs drop completely out of the race or they get some sort of an unrealistic offer for a player with more term.

My point is more or less a good Dman is a good Dman. If we have a strong left and a weaker right it will still balance out. Dermott playing the right does not bother me either.
17 févr. 2020 à 0 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Campbe11
He isn’t going to be moved. Unless leafs drop completely out of the race or they get some sort of an unrealistic offer for a player with more term.

My point is more or less a good Dman is a good Dman. If we have a strong left and a weaker right it will still balance out. Dermott playing the right does not bother me either.

If you are referring to the" hurry up and get squashed in the 1st round race" I totally agree with you... we should keep him because without him I don't see how that happens.
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2020 à 0 h 45
Formerly Jamiepo
If you are referring to the" hurry up and get squashed in the 1st round race" I totally agree with you... we should keep him because without him I don't see how that happens.

Made it past the first round last year...
18 févr. 2020 à 21 h 59
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275

What playoffs?
Leaf_fan_74 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage