Forums/Armchair-GM

Greene trade Devs

Créé par: markykins1
Équipe: 2019-20 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 2 janv. 2020
Publié: 3 janv. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
for playoff cup run to solidify top 4. could be done at TDL. Any adjustments? Don't know how valued Greene is to NJ or in general but think he's a nice one year shut down option.
Transactions
WSH
  1. Greene, Andy (1 250 000 $ retained)
NJD
  1. Kempný, Michal
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (WSH)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de COL
Logo de ARI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de VGK
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $72 729 295 $1 150 000 $632 500 $8 770 705 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 700 000 $6 700 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 5
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 345 000 $2 345 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance550 000 $$550K)
G
UFA - 2
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 janv. 2020 à 9 h 51
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
If somebody adds a pick on that deal its Jersey. Kempny is younger and has incredible fit next to Carlson.
Eli a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2020 à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet
twentyeighteen
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 497
Quoting: SammyT_51
If somebody adds a pick on that deal its Jersey. Kempny is younger and has incredible fit next to Carlson.

Ok, but would NJ move him? I think his experience and shut down ability would be just what the Caps could use come April. Kemps slow to come back from injury it seems.
3 janv. 2020 à 10 h 35
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Modifié 3 janv. 2020 à 10 h 45
Quoting: markykins1
Ok, but would NJ move him? I think his experience and shut down ability would be just what the Caps could use come April. Kemps slow to come back from injury it seems.

Kempny's breaking out as a top offensive defenseman this year, league-wide. He's top 30 in even strength points, on either side. Kempny's puck movement could resurrect Subban. Yeah, they'd include Greene, along with Coleman.

edit: to clarify, I'm assuming NJ is out of the playoffs and don't care if Kempny's playing at 80% with whatever he's going through, for the rest of this year. I'm assuming they don't want to sell low and retain on Subban, and would rather have a legit top pair of Kempny and Subban next year to carry them into the playoffs as their forwards keep improving. Since they traded for Subban thinking long term value and not "how did this guy look in his last five games," I think they can see the value of buying low on Kempny. Greene is defensively solid, but doesn't move the puck and is almost a decade older than Kempny, at a 2M higher cap hit. While player value might be Kempny for Greene plus a forward, WSH is going to have to add that 3rd to get some retention and fit under the cap.
3 janv. 2020 à 10 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,995
Retain more of Greene, but not giving Coleman, we have no reason. Keep the third too.
tesau315 a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2020 à 11 h 1
Démarrer sujet
twentyeighteen
Quoting: Eli
Kempny's breaking out as a top offensive defenseman this year, league-wide. He's top 30 in even strength points, on either side. Kempny's puck movement could resurrect Subban. Yeah, they'd include Greene, along with Coleman.

edit: to clarify, I'm assuming NJ is out of the playoffs and don't care if Kempny's playing at 80% with whatever he's going through, for the rest of this year. I'm assuming they don't want to sell low and retain on Subban, and would rather have a legit top pair of Kempny and Subban next year to carry them into the playoffs as their forwards keep improving. Since they traded for Subban thinking long term value and not "how did this guy look in his last five games," I think they can see the value of buying low on Kempny. Greene is defensively solid, but doesn't move the puck and is almost a decade older than Kempny, at a 2M higher cap hit. While player value might be Kempny for Greene plus a forward, WSH is going to have to add that 3rd to get some retention and fit under the cap.

Plus I try to look ahead to next year. This could be seen as a salary dump also in a sense, especially if Seigs keeps improving and Fehrevary makes the team next year. Would actually rather move Jensen but we have no RHD...
3 janv. 2020 à 11 h 8
Who adds what?
Modifié 3 janv. 2020 à 11 h 17
Plus I try to look ahead to next year. This could be seen as a salary dump also in a sense, especially if Seigs keeps improving and Fehrevary makes the team next year. Would actually rather move Jensen but we have no RHD...

I guess, if the cap doesn't keep going up, that could make sense.... to say nothing of Djoos or Johansen winning a spot out of camp.

But with Kempny just five even strength points behind Heman, I mean, I could also see just keeping him, and putting him on LTIR if he's hurt.

edit: I think it's great that Victor HeDDDDman gets autocorrected to He-Man.
3 janv. 2020 à 11 h 18
Démarrer sujet
twentyeighteen
I guess, if the cap doesn't keep going up, that could make sense.... to say nothing of Djoos or Johansen winning a spot out of camp.

But with Kempny just five even strength points behind Heman, I mean, I could also see just keeping him, and putting him on LTIR if he's hurt.

Yes I see that. He could rebound as soon as this year.

The D or goaltending or both are just too leaky for a serious Stanley Cup run to me. I think Bmac needs to address this. They also need to cut down on the penalties, that's an obvious problem that I think will improve as they play on this year.
Eli a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2020 à 11 h 39
Who adds what?
Yes I see that. He could rebound as soon as this year.

The D or goaltending or both are just too leaky for a serious Stanley Cup run to me. I think Bmac needs to address this. They also need to cut down on the penalties, that's an obvious problem that I think will improve as they play on this year.

That could help. I think fixing the penalty kill already made penalties much less of an issue, but if they can stay tough and not take quite as many penalties, then yeah, that could help, too. It might be something coaching can address, but the team is still top-five in penalties taken, so clearing spots for a couple of nice guys might work out pretty well.

I like Andy Greene's style, but his puck possession numbers are unspectacular and he'd be the Caps' oldest player unless they re-sign Orpik.

There was a Toronto thread yesterday talking about trading Kapanen for a top pairing defenseman. They nixed my suggestion of Gudas, but they also just don't like me. You could try to sell them on Kempny for any one of their half dozen middle six wings. I mean, this year, sure, it's easire to face Kempny with NJ than TOR, but NJ has four legit centers under 24 years old. Next year, they're gonna be good. Might as well just get full value.
3 janv. 2020 à 12 h 9
Démarrer sujet
twentyeighteen
That could help. I think fixing the penalty kill already made penalties much less of an issue, but if they can stay tough and not take quite as many penalties, then yeah, that could help, too. It might be something coaching can address, but the team is still top-five in penalties taken, so clearing spots for a couple of nice guys might work out pretty well.

I like Andy Greene's style, but his puck possession numbers are unspectacular and he'd be the Caps' oldest player unless they re-sign Orpik.

There was a Toronto thread yesterday talking about trading Kapanen for a top pairing defenseman. They nixed my suggestion of Gudas, but they also just don't like me. You could try to sell them on Kempny for any one of their half dozen middle six wings. I mean, this year, sure, it's easire to face Kempny with NJ than TOR, but NJ has four legit centers under 24 years old. Next year, they're gonna be good. Might as well just get full value.

Wouldn't mind getting Kap or Johannson but we have essentially a #1 RHD and two #3 RHD's in our starting lineup with no replacement ready and I think they need an RHD, so we have to add etc...
3 janv. 2020 à 15 h 20
Who adds what?
Wouldn't mind getting Kap or Johannson but we have essentially a #1 RHD and two #3 RHD's in our starting lineup with no replacement ready and I think they need an RHD, so we have to add etc...

The Leafs? They just re-signed Holl. They're letting Ceci walk. Right side is Barrie, Holl, Liljegren/Schmaltz/Dermott on his offside. Left side stays the same depending on how much Muzzin wants to get paid. If he leaves, it's a little rougher, with Rielly, Dermott, Sandin, Marincin. If Sandin's not ready and Muzzin walks, they might consider Kempny or Djoos over the summer. With LIljegren having a big year in the AHL, and Holl developing in the NHL, they're okay at RHD. Of course, it could be argued that Holl in the top four is not ideal, but Jensen's plus minus is weak this year, and if the Caps don't have cap space to re-sign Gudas the Leafs probably don't either.

I think Gudas and Jensen were both solid in top four roles last year, and are alternating as #4/5 this year just fine. They're not flashy. As Caps fans we're used to seeing "bottom four" defensemen like Niskanen, Shattenkirk, and Green who are #2-3 D on other teams, and show flashes of game-breaking skill. That's not what most teams have on their second pair.
markykins1 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage