Forums/Armchair-GM

RHD options

Créé par: TJTwolf
Équipe: 2019-20 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 23 août 2019
Publié: 23 août 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
IF Timmins needs a full year in the AHL, the only other right hander the Avs have is Meloche who may or may not be ready for a shot at the big time and if he's given a shot and fails then the Avs D is overbalanced on the left (and this is purely that I'm partial to left hand on the left and right on the right, though I realise the Avs certainly did ok with Blake and Foote). So a few potential cover options on the right. There are others such as Schenn, Ceci, Gudas if the Caps decided to flip him, and a lot of others but these just piqued my interest.
Transactions
COL
  1. Gudbranson, Erik
Détails additionnels:
Big body, physical presence, half decent 3rd pair shut down option. Will fight if necessary. Good for exposure in the expansion draft.
PIT
COL
  1. Ristolainen, Rasmus
Détails additionnels:
A weird one and probably the most expensive on the list for all his faults. Is it just him, is it the team, is it the system? If he turns it around then he could end up being a bargain, if he carries on the same form then he could be very costly. Big gamble
BUF
COL
  1. Faulk, Justin
Détails additionnels:
A guy who seems to be continuously in trade rumours. Would have to waive the M-NTC, but a useful D for a one season shot.
CAR
COL
  1. Tanev, Christopher
Détails additionnels:
Would have to waive his M-NTC. Only a year left on his contract. Good shut down and cover option. Main weakness is that he seems to not be the most durable of D men but then maybe he and EJ could manage a full season between them. I believe he has a history of playing with Connauton so could be a good shut down pairing. Kudos to TylerStenson on spotting this one.
VAN
COL
  1. Bogosian, Zach
Détails additionnels:
Another guy rumoured to be on the block at the Sabres. Big veteran D with only a year left on his contract.
BUF
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de TOR
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de FLA
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1381 500 000 $66 688 332 $0 $3 532 500 $14 811 668 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DD
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
G
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
RFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
885 833 $885 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
3 450 000 $3 450 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 975 000 $1 975 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
728 333 $728 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
UFA - 4
5 571 429 $5 571 429 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
735 000 $735 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
AD
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 août 2019 à 9 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,808
Quoting: SammyT_51
I mean it matters, but in their case it doesnt because timmins is really close to ready.

The problem is that's questionable, possibly for the whole season. All depends upon his situation going forward, which is part of the purpose of the post.
23 août 2019 à 9 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Eli
Gudas seems like a right handed Zadorov. I'm pretty excited to see him play in Washington. I mean, if there's something like... Kaut and Connauton/Barberio for Gudas and Stephenson? They should do that. But most likely Gudas sticks around a little bit.

Not a hope of them sending Kaut.
Eli a aimé ceci.
23 août 2019 à 9 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: gregb569
Take Gudbranson for a 4th or 5th and we'll call it a day

Not an impossible ask. Reading on Gudbranson's performance and advanced stats (I'll admit to not seeing a lot of him), and a number of fan's opinions of him last season, that would arguably be a steal.
23 août 2019 à 9 h 18
gregb569
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Quoting: TJTwolf
Not an impossible ask. Reading on Gudbranson's performance and advanced stats (I'll admit to not seeing a lot of him), and a number of fan's opinions of him last season, that would arguably be a steal.

Pens can't afford to play a 3RHD 4m per... I liked what I saw of him though! For 2m ish I'd love him
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
23 août 2019 à 9 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Pens can't afford to play a 3RHD 4m per... I liked what I saw of him though! For 2m ish I'd love him

Yep, I hear you on the contract. The Avs could absorb that hit though and really, bar Zadorov & maybe Landeskog & Cole on occasion, they haven't got much in the way of toughness and I certainly loved the way he stepped in on Wilson in the match against Washington. Whilst it wasn't a gloves off bout he sure took him down and stopped him going after the skilled players. That's the kind of guy with a team spirit that I like.
gregb569 a aimé ceci.
23 août 2019 à 9 h 23
gregb569
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Yep, I hear you on the contract. The Avs could absorb that hit though and really, bar Zadorov & maybe Landeskog & Cole on occasion, they haven't got much in the way of toughness and I certainly loved the way he stepped in on Wilson in the match against Washington. Whilst it wasn't a gloves off bout he sure took him down and stopped him going after the skilled players. That's the kind of guy with a team spirit that I like.

Zadorov-Gudbranson line would be tough lol
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
23 août 2019 à 9 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Zadorov-Gudbranson line would be tough lol

Yeah I hadn't thought about that idea. Or even Cole & Gudbranson for that matter once Cole is back from injury.
gregb569 a aimé ceci.
23 août 2019 à 18 h 40
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Not a hope of them sending Kaut.

Thanks. Didn't think so, but I also don't think there's much chance the Caps trade a 19 minute a night, 20 point, 240 hit defenseman, with a 2.5M cap hit. Even if that comfortable cap hit is just for a year, they might only have a couple more years to try to repeat with Ovechkin, and a guy like Gudas (or Zadorov if you just wanted to swap him for a right shot with 50% more points and a couple more hits, last year) should complement the the style that Ovechkin and Wilson play, and give them a good chance to repeat.
24 août 2019 à 19 h 39
Eichel Tower
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,441
I saw this trade:
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1398231
COL
Bogosian, Zach
Additional Details:
1 year stop gap who can play up and down a lineup if Makar ever has struggles for a short period.
BUF
Barberio, Mark
2020 5th round pick (COL)
would this work?
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 23 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Thanks. Didn't think so, but I also don't think there's much chance the Caps trade a 19 minute a night, 20 point, 240 hit defenseman, with a 2.5M cap hit. Even if that comfortable cap hit is just for a year, they might only have a couple more years to try to repeat with Ovechkin, and a guy like Gudas (or Zadorov if you just wanted to swap him for a right shot with 50% more points and a couple more hits, last year) should complement the the style that Ovechkin and Wilson play, and give them a good chance to repeat.

Considerable difference in Kaut's upside versus a Gudas/Zadorov type, but I agree they can be extremely valuable to a team if they're what the team needs. I also don't think the Avs would be too keen to flip a first to the Caps for them to trade him next year to the Preds for nothing so he can torment them for the next decade. Not again anyway!!!!! squinting with tongue out
Eli a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 23 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GMTD
I saw this trade:
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1398231
COL
Bogosian, Zach
Additional Details:
1 year stop gap who can play up and down a lineup if Makar ever has struggles for a short period.
BUF
Barberio, Mark
2020 5th round pick (COL)
would this work?

Yeah something like that is probably along the right lines to work for Colorado, and probably Buffalo as well. Right hand cover for a year and drop Barberio at the cost of a low pick. Cap relief and a depth pick for Buffalo.
Eli, GMTD et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
30 août 2019 à 10 h 44
Démarrer sujet

BTW, sorry to return to an old thread but are you old enough to remember his father Leo? Playing for the Czechs in the Worlds or Olympics, can't remember which, could hit like Radko, was tough but in the physical style without the gloves dropping. Good puck mover as well. Not sure if he wasn't their skipper. Drafted by the Flames but never signed or played in North America. A few others who were around then were Laukkanen for Finland (drafted by the Nords and briefly played for the Avs, couldn't understand why they let him go, was a good two-way D, bobbed around a few others afterwards with a few 20 point seasons if I remember right), and the Finns long term skipper, Timo Jutila, (drafted by and played briefly for Buffalo). You just couldn't move him with such a low centre of gravity (5'9, 216 lb). Some great D's who just never really got a chance. Seems crazy after seeing them in international play. They were the best D trio in the tournament, way ahead of most D the Canadians, Americans or Russians put out. The best goalie by far was Tosio for the Swiss who was never drafted. Sorry to ramble on a bit there as well. squinty smile
Eli a aimé ceci.
30 août 2019 à 17 h 42
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Modifié 30 août 2019 à 18 h 0
BTW, sorry to return to an old thread but are you old enough to remember his father Leo? Playing for the Czechs in the Worlds or Olympics, can't remember which, could hit like Radko, was tough but in the physical style without the gloves dropping. Good puck mover as well. Not sure if he wasn't their skipper. Drafted by the Flames but never signed or played in North America. A few others who were around then were Laukkanen for Finland (drafted by the Nords and briefly played for the Avs, couldn't understand why they let him go, was a good two-way D, bobbed around a few others afterwards with a few 20 point seasons if I remember right), and the Finns long term skipper, Timo Jutila, (drafted by and played briefly for Buffalo). You just couldn't move him with such a low centre of gravity (5'9, 216 lb). Some great D's who just never really got a chance. Seems crazy after seeing them in international play. They were the best D trio in the tournament, way ahead of most D the Canadians, Americans or Russians put out. The best goalie by far was Tosio for the Swiss who was never drafted. Sorry to ramble on a bit there as well. squinty smile

That sounds awesome! I wish. I vaguely remember Janne Laukkanen? In those days in DC, you were lucky if you could get more than half of just the Caps' games on TV. Even when they showed up in TV guide, they'd bounce to another channel at the last minute, if the networks got a hold of some out of town baseball rights. smile Being the biggest hockey fan in school took all of watching thirty games a season and owning a pair of skates. It's amazing how much it's blown up, to the point where now DC fans are talking with each other online about how to watch world juniors and world championships, and even some AHL. But, like, sometimes when the Caps were in the playoffs, it wasn't on any local channels, and you'd have to go to a sports bar with a satellite dish to watch the home team play against New York.

ETA: The Nordiques, in those days, were awesome. Sakic was one of the first forwards (edit: that I knew of) to play power play point, and the passing on their power play was insane. The way they skated was ridiculous. People give Roy all the credit for their success, but any goalie on a team that hustled like that looked better than they did on other teams.
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
31 août 2019 à 11 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 31 août 2019 à 11 h 55
That sounds awesome! I wish. I vaguely remember Janne Laukkanen? In those days in DC, you were lucky if you could get more than half of just the Caps' games on TV. Even when they showed up in TV guide, they'd bounce to another channel at the last minute, if the networks got a hold of some out of town baseball rights. smile Being the biggest hockey fan in school took all of watching thirty games a season and owning a pair of skates. It's amazing how much it's blown up, to the point where now DC fans are talking with each other online about how to watch world juniors and world championships, and even some AHL. But, like, sometimes when the Caps were in the playoffs, it wasn't on any local channels, and you'd have to go to a sports bar with a satellite dish to watch the home team play against New York.

ETA: The Nordiques, in those days, were awesome. Sakic was one of the first forwards (edit: that I knew of) to play power play point, and the passing on their power play was insane. The way they skated was ridiculous. People give Roy all the credit for their success, but any goalie on a team that hustled like that looked better than they did on other teams.

Yeah, I'm showing my age there although I was just a kid. Try being the ONLY kid in school who was into hockey. At the time I could barely stand up on a pair of skates and I still won the biggest fan title! We had a channel called Transworld sport on satellite that we sometimes got the NHL on, Sakic had just arrived in the league and was the main reason I started supporting Quebec. My Dad was mortified. Eurosport gave us the worlds and Olympics. Many a night sat up with the 14 inch TV on with a pair of headphones in my bedroom trying not to wake my folks. Now it's a 48" and trying not to wake the neighbours lol.
Eli a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage