Forums/Armchair-GM

Mitch wanted long term all along

Créé par: palhal
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 8 août 2019
Publié: 8 août 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Marner's team has done a great job getting him more than he deserves (when his contract is signed), as compared to most other RFAs. Great strategy on their part, feigning they want a short term deal when in reality they are quite happy with a long term with $$$ similar to UFAs like Doughty, and EK. Hyman's LTIR and a minor adjustment makes it cap compliant.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
811 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $82 897 199 $0 $0 $-1 397 199 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 août 2019 à 10 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
Why do you gotta be like that, Pal?

It seemed like the tide was starting to turn around here with people thinking that Marner should get paid like his comparables. . And now one of our own is supporting Ferris. Inconceivable.
Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
8 août 2019 à 10 h 33
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: blowing_the_zone

It seemed like the tide was starting to turn around here with people thinking that Marner should get paid like his comparables. . And now one of our own is supporting Ferris. Inconceivable.

I do not think this word means what you think it means lol.

No Ferris and Paul want retribution and insane pay. They want the most amount of money on the quickest route to ufa. Is it because Mitch wants out? No, of course not. Is it because Mitch is self centred and greedy? No , I don’t think so.

I think he is getting some poor advice and his camp is willing to let his name get smeared as part of a tactic to get Rfa’s paid at a new level. I mean Mitch will benefit a few bucks (relatively speaking) but Ferris will benefit from all future clients. Ferris has been waiting for a shot like this to try and change the landscape. Let’s hope dubas doesn’t cave. I think he has the support of both ownership and fans alike. Mitch unfortunately is caught in the crossfire.
8 août 2019 à 10 h 54
Quoting: Jamiepo

No Ferris and Paul want retribution and insane pay. They want the most amount of money on the quickest route to ufa. Is it because Mitch wants out? No, of course not. Is it because Mitch is self centred and greedy? No , I don’t think so.

I think he is getting some poor advice and his camp is willing to let his name get smeared as part of a tactic to get Rfa’s paid at a new level. I mean Mitch will benefit a few bucks (relatively speaking) but Ferris will benefit from all future clients. Ferris has been waiting for a shot like this to try and change the landscape. Let’s hope dubas doesn’t cave. I think he has the support of both ownership and fans alike. Mitch unfortunately is caught in the crossfire.

Listen, Inigo Montoya, I don't know what half the words I use mean. But I like that lil dude from the princess bride, so I use them anyways..

On everything else I think you could be right. It just seems like a convoluted way to go about a negotiation process with alot of potential downside for Marner and even Ferris. Things generally shouldn't be any harder than they need to be, imo.

I think you're spot on about Dubas. And would only add that at his age and point in his career he doesn't have much to lose by standing firm and more to lose if he gets caved in on this one. He has a long career ahead of him and I imagine as much as he's looking out for the leafs best interests he'll be looking out for his own, too.
8 août 2019 à 22 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,584
Quoting: Jamiepo

This perfectly sums up what most of us Leaf fans have been trying to say on here... Well done sir!
blowing_the_zone et GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
8 août 2019 à 22 h 13

Lmao... You never cease to amaze.
8 août 2019 à 22 h 15
I could live with that contract, sure it's more than I'd like to pay him but in a few years t should look like a steal.
8 août 2019 à 22 h 51
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Lmao... You never cease to amaze.

I'm telling ya man, you need to talk to my wife
8 août 2019 à 22 h 57
I'm telling ya man, you need to talk to my wife

For you... Np, but you gotta talk to mine lol
8 août 2019 à 23 h 4
For you... Np, but you gotta talk to mine lol

This seems like its making things harder than they need to be. Way too convoluted. And it'd probably make things worse for everyone.

I'll just go back to negotiating from my spot on the totem pole, which is way lower than her's. Hierarchies and power dynamics suck.

For a second you made me think about getting Ferris to represent me.. but then I realized my wife would mop the floor with that guy. Back to the drawing board..
8 août 2019 à 23 h 20
This seems like its making things harder than they need to be. Way too convoluted. And it'd probably make things worse for everyone.

I'll just go back to negotiating from my spot on the totem pole, which is way lower than her's. Hierarchies and power dynamics suck.

For a second you made me think about getting Ferris to represent me.. but then I realized my wife would mop the floor with that guy. Back to the drawing board..

You're probably right lol. Much like Ferris, I doubt I would have succeeded anyway lol.

^ Lmfao... We should get our wives a job with the Leafs so we could finally be done with this Marner nonsense... I'm sure other teams would employ them for similar tasks once they see what happens to Paul, Mitch, Ferris and Dregs. Ps, please send them to TSN and Sportsnet after to “clean house" lol.
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
9 août 2019 à 7 h 47
You're probably right lol. Much like Ferris, I doubt I would have succeeded anyway lol.

^ Lmfao... We should get our wives a job with the Leafs so we could finally be done with this Marner nonsense... I'm sure other teams would employ them for similar tasks once they see what happens to Paul, Mitch, Ferris and Dregs. Ps, please send them to TSN and Sportsnet after to “clean house" lol.

Now this could be a win, win, win for everyone. I think you're onto something here..
9 août 2019 à 8 h 29
Démarrer sujet
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,090
I know the perception is that Ferris is doing a fine job with Marner and this will attract new clients to him. Well, I agree that Ferris will get Marner more than originally expected. But reality all we have is a distribution of the cap. How many high end clients can one agent have? Won't some of the lower end players be getting less $$$$ due to bigger slice Marner and maybe the others are getting?

Take the Leafs for example. Let's imagine Matthews had got Eichel money....10.5m instead of 11.642, and Marner gets. Aho money 8.5m instead of 10m. That's 2.65m
Maybe Kapanen gets 1m more a year to 4.2m and he signs 5 years to cement his long term financial wealth. And with some of the remaining money, maybe the Leafs can afford to keep Connor Brown. You don't think Brown would have preferred to stay a hometown Leafs instead of playing in Kanata.

So while I don't really disagree with Marner, Ferris and every player getting "all they can". In a cap league, the more $$$ that goes to one player or few players, the less that goes to other players.
9 août 2019 à 9 h 47
Quoting: palhal
I know the perception is that Ferris is doing a fine job with Marner and this will attract new clients to him. Well, I agree that Ferris will get Marner more than originally expected. But reality all we have is a distribution of the cap. How many high end clients can one agent have? Won't some of the lower end players be getting less $$$$ due to bigger slice Marner and maybe the others are getting?

Take the Leafs for example. Let's imagine Matthews had got Eichel money....10.5m instead of 11.642, and Marner gets. Aho money 8.5m instead of 10m. That's 2.65m
Maybe Kapanen gets 1m more a year to 4.2m and he signs 5 years to cement his long term financial wealth. And with some of the remaining money, maybe the Leafs can afford to keep Connor Brown. You don't think Brown would have preferred to stay a hometown Leafs instead of playing in Kanata.

So while I don't really disagree with Marner, Ferris and every player getting "all they can". In a cap league, the more $$$ that goes to one player or few players, the less that goes to other players.

I think this is really the rub of it. And what's playing out right now from a GM perspective is what is the best way to build a team for sustainable success I.e a top heavy team with stars paid the big bucks and the rest of the roster filled with elcs and league minimums (the Pitts/ Chicago model and the one Toronto is replicating) or a more balanced roster and cap (kinda like what St. Louis just knocked out).

I can't say what the better approach is really, but its interesting to see all this play out.
palhal et Sign_em_up000000 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2019 à 14 h 9

Just to add to what you said... I've been to Kanata before and I can tell you no one in their right mind would rather live there than Toronto...*cough* Melnyk *cough* lol
palhal a aimé ceci.
9 août 2019 à 15 h 33
Démarrer sujet
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Just to add to what you said... I've been to Kanata before and I can tell you no one in their right mind would rather live there than Toronto...*cough* Melnyk *cough* lol

Thanks for confirming my thought. I wrote Kanata for a reason. It's a nice suburban town if you're commuting to Ottawa,
9 août 2019 à 15 h 46
Thanks for confirming my thought. I wrote Kanata for a reason. It's a nice suburban town if you're commuting to Ottawa,

Kanata is all military bases/ suburbs. I used to work for a moving company and we did a lot of DND (department of national defence) moves to Kanata... It's extremely boring and its a long drive from Ottawa.
9 août 2019 à 15 h 54
Démarrer sujet
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Kanata is all military bases/ suburbs. I used to work for a moving company and we did a lot of DND (department of national defence) moves to Kanata... It's extremely boring and its a long drive from Ottawa.

Seems like a place Zaitsev would like. He being Russian, then he could visit military bases grin . But poor Connor Brown.cry . An Etobicoke boy (like myself), with his downtown T.O. condo, moving to SenatorlLand. I know it's expected for an NHLer to be traded, but geez to be traded for cap reasons.shakes head
9 août 2019 à 16 h 35
Seems like a place Zaitsev would like. He being Russian, then he could visit military bases grin . But poor Connor Brown.cry . An Etobicoke boy (like myself), with his downtown T.O. condo, moving to SenatorlLand. I know it's expected for an NHLer to be traded, but geez to be traded for cap reasons.shakes head

You summed it up perfectlysmile also I'd like to add that it also sucks that we had to trade the heart and soul of our team... I mean Nazfrown
9 août 2019 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet
LongtimeLeafsufferer
You summed it up perfectlysmile also I'd like to add that it also sucks that we had to trade the heart and soul of our team... I mean Nazfrown

I'm one Leaf fan that liked the Kadri trade. For Kadri and the unknown NHL quality of Rosen, Leafs got Kerfoort, 1m cheaper than Kadri (can Kerfoot be as good?) and a retained RHD Barrie, Really a two for one NHLer trade for the Leafs. Yeah, I understand missing Kadri, but Barrie was a necessity this year
9 août 2019 à 17 h 27
I'm one Leaf fan that liked the Kadri trade. For Kadri and the unknown NHL quality of Rosen, Leafs got Kerfoort, 1m cheaper than Kadri (can Kerfoot be as good?) and a retained RHD Barrie, Really a two for one NHLer trade for the Leafs. Yeah, I understand missing Kadri, but Barrie was a necessity this year

Oh, I fully agree about the trade, I understand the business side of it, it was a win-win for both sides and I would do the trade over again in a heartbeat. I just feel bad for the guy as he was here for so many bad year's I just think he deserved to be here when we finally win.
palhal a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage