Forums/Armchair-GM

NY Ranger 19-20 Part 1

Créé par: aastorino1993
Équipe: 2019-20 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 23 juill. 2019
Publié: 23 juill. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is a 3 year explanation of what the Rangers should do in my opinion with everything laid out in a descriptive way. Everything below is what I have done in the past with my ARMCHAIR-GM's but I'm spreading it over 3 years now and will be posting 3 of them back to back, so please read all of them to get the gist of what is going on.

First order of business: RFA Signings
Trouba signed for $8.00 Million, so that has already been accomplished. Yes this is a bit over priced by I would say $750,000-$500,000m but it was needed to lock him up for max years.
Buchnevich is coming up on his arbitration hearing in about a week or so. I think the Rangers will sign him 100% and bring him in for no more than $3,750,000 for 2 years because this will bring him to his last RFA year. If they sign him for more years, he will be in the $4.25 Million range.
Deangelo: He will be signed for about 3 years for approximately $2,750,000 and no more than that unless they go for 4 years, then he will probably be at $3,750,000. The reason for signing him for 3 years is because it will be his last RFA year.
Lemieux: This will probably be the easier of the signings for no more than $1,500,000 for approximately 2 years.
Lettieri: This should be the easiest of the signings and the lowest of them all at around $900,000 for 2 years, depending on what he is looking for. He doesn't have too much NHL experience, so I don't see the Rangers signing him for more than $1,000,000 because he will be a 50/50 between the AHL/NHL.
**Lastly, All of these signings are at in my opinion the top dollar for these guys. I would rather give them top dollar on here so if they sign for less, it will be easier for the Rangers to sign these guys at lower rates/have more cap space**

Second order of business: Trades/Buyouts
In my opinion, the Rangers should stay clear of buying out anyone of those 4 defenseman as it just means there is another person with 4 years of dead cap space. But, I will go into depth reasoning on who should be traded, what they will get in return etc.
Now, the Rangers are at approximately $91.1 Million with all of the above signed. This means, they need to start dumping some cap and get rid of certain guys.
Namestnikov: I think the Rangers will end up trading him to Minnesota as they may need a depth utility player and a younger one at that. I think he would play great with Parise to be honest as both of their games are similar. This will return most likely a 4th or a 5th round and depending on when it happens, it may be less because they will know it is a cap dump. **For the sake of argument, I traded him for a 4th rounder**
Strome: Even though I think the Rangers should keep him as 3C and a backup if one of Lias, Chytil, or Howden don't work out at the center role. But for the sake of cap reasoning, I think Chicago may want him just from rumors I have heard, so he will bring similar to Namestnikov a 4th or 5th rounder. **For the sake of argument, I traded him for a 5th rounder**
Now, This leaves just about $2.5 million left over the cap, but the Rangers have Performance Bonuses that they need to start paying out, which is counted towards the cap. If they don't pay the out in full this year, then it will carry over into following years**
Belesky: He will most likely be going down to the AHL, which will leave the Rangers with $825,000 less on their cap.
Smith: Yes, Smith is not a very good player, but he is a below average to average defensive defenseman. I know people in the past have said hes just terrible and we should buy him out or whatever, but that doesn't help the Rangers cap situation. So what I have done here is traded him to Ottawa with Minnesota's 4th round pick (Namestnikov) and Buffalo's 3rd round pick (Vesey) for a 7th round pick in 2020 to sweeten the deal for them as they are looking to go into full rebuild mode.

Third order of business: Young Players
Kravstov: Now that the Rangers have made all of these moves, this gives them ample space to have a full 22 man roster with approximately $2.8 Million in cap space to work with. This will allow them to bring up players they may want to try out at the NHL level and put players down that need more time. Also, this gives them about $1.25 Million to give out in bonuses for players that are receiving them.

Lastly: 2019-2020 Season
Now that all of the moves have been made, RFA's have been signed, and players coming up and going down. The Rangers will be a decent team that may be over .500 or in a wild card spot/Fighting for a wild card spot in the end. This will be a fun team to watch that will sell tickets.

**Everything I have done for the 2019-2020 season is what they should do in my opinion. This will keep the players like Staal, Shattenkirk on the team to lead the young guys on the backend and help them adjust for two years. Lastly, I did not make any lines or anything like that, so don't comment on that and comment more on the moves and trades/salaries rather than lines and D pairings.**
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
23 750 000 $
32 750 000 $
21 250 000 $
2900 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (MIN)
NYR
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (CHI)
NYR
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2020 (OTT)
OTT
  1. Smith, Brendan
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (MIN)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (BUF)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NSH
Logo de VAN
Logo de OTT
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $73 806 466 $0 $5 682 500 $7 693 534 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AD
RFA - 3
4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 2
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 3
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
C, AG
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 700 000 $5 700 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
G
UFA - 1
833 333 $833 333 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 juill. 2019 à 17 h 15
Brooks hates Shatty
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 56
Think you are overpaying a bit for Buch, definitely overpaying for Lemieux and I don't think DeAngelo gets a 3 year deal from us, he will likely be bridged as I can't see them committing 3 years after 1 mediocre and 1 good year (where he still had some discipline issues). Would love for Smith to get traded to the Sens, but I think Gorton holds out for better returns for Namestnikov and Strome. Maybe even retaining some salary on Namestnikov, like 25%.
23 juill. 2019 à 17 h 21
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Ottawa is going to have no shortage of teams looking to dump their crap in their backyard...that said, will probably take more than those 2 picks to get them interested....maybe 1/2 salary retained? At just over 2M, they may be able to flip him to a playoff contender as a depth D (even if they might have to eat some salary themselves)-in order to extract a little more out of this deal.

One more question/comment: Why is it that every ACGM insists on giving ADA a contract between 2.5 and 4.5M? If the SJ Sharks can sign an up and coming top 6 (maybe top line ) forward- K. LeBanc- for 1M...what is the need to give ADA or Lemieux more than that?
23 juill. 2019 à 17 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 33
Quoting: XBestOneYetX
Think you are overpaying a bit for Buch, definitely overpaying for Lemieux and I don't think DeAngelo gets a 3 year deal from us, he will likely be bridged as I can't see them committing 3 years after 1 mediocre and 1 good year (where he still had some discipline issues). Would love for Smith to get traded to the Sens, but I think Gorton holds out for better returns for Namestnikov and Strome. Maybe even retaining some salary on Namestnikov, like 25%.

I agree that there is an overpayment on all of these guys, but I did that just because it shows that if they sign for less, then there will be more cap space if they were to work everything out like it is above. This is all off of rumors and what I have heard/looked at since the draft. I do agree with you on some things, but I think the best option for the Rangers right now is to sell these guys and honestly get what they can get because most teams are going to know that it is strictly for cap dumping reasons.
pinslack a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2019 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jimbo1119
Ottawa is going to have no shortage of teams looking to dump their crap in their backyard...that said, will probably take more than those 2 picks to get them interested....maybe 1/2 salary retained? At just over 2M, they may be able to flip him to a playoff contender as a depth D (even if they might have to eat some salary themselves)-in order to extract a little more out of this deal.

One more question/comment: Why is it that every ACGM insists on giving ADA a contract between 2.5 and 4.5M? If the SJ Sharks can sign an up and coming top 6 (maybe top line ) forward- K. LeBanc- for 1M...what is the need to give ADA or Lemieux more than that?

These numbers are all based on rumors I have heard and seen since the draft. The sharks are a bit different because they are in a win now mode and they have the rep of making sure they can sign their bridge deal guys low and then pay them in their big contracts. They have been doing that since Pavelski and Thorton came to the team back in the day so the Sharks are different than most.
23 juill. 2019 à 18 h 12
Jimbo1119
Quoting: aastorino1993
These numbers are all based on rumors I have heard and seen since the draft. The sharks are a bit different because they are in a win now mode and they have the rep of making sure they can sign their bridge deal guys low and then pay them in their big contracts. They have been doing that since Pavelski and Thorton came to the team back in the day so the Sharks are different than most.

I'm not criticizing your numbers...definitely in line with what everyone else is putting out there (including me)...it just seems that if there is a team that needs to low ball 1 or 2 contracts...its the Rangers...once those guys hit UFA years they are going to look to bang the Rangers for as much as they can irregardless of what they are paid now...its all about the leverage...smart teams manage to buy out some UFA years by paying heavier up front...neither Lemieux nor ADA really warrant that because both still need to prove they are NHL players, let alone players deserving of a big commitment.
aastorino1993 et XBestOneYetX a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2019 à 15 h 52
Brooks hates Shatty
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 56
ADA definitely has not done enough to warrant anything more than a bridge. If he crushes it this year, Gorton can start talking to his agent about an extension but he's been benched, had some issues with Quinn, nothing major but concerns that I would need 1 season at least to think before committing to more than 2 years. I would love for ADA to take a 1 year prove it deal, but that is a huge gamble and I could see him taking a 2 year deal for 2-2.25 million per season.
24 juill. 2019 à 16 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: XBestOneYetX
ADA definitely has not done enough to warrant anything more than a bridge. If he crushes it this year, Gorton can start talking to his agent about an extension but he's been benched, had some issues with Quinn, nothing major but concerns that I would need 1 season at least to think before committing to more than 2 years. I would love for ADA to take a 1 year prove it deal, but that is a huge gamble and I could see him taking a 2 year deal for 2-2.25 million per season.

I like the idea, but I think they will be giving him between 3-4 at a reasonable price and if he doesn't pan out, then they can flip him to someone for a draft pick or a young prospect. I mean the kid will be a stud, he just needs to get over the **** attitude and actually worry about being a good hockey player. Other than that, I see the rangers giving him a decent amount of money, but reasonable enough to flip him if need be.
24 juill. 2019 à 16 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 1,656
I agree that there is an overpayment on all of these guys, but I did that just because it shows that if they sign for less, then there will be more cap space if they were to work everything out like it is above.

IF NYR sign Buchnevich, Deangelo, Lemieux and Vinni only for 300k less (total), NYR could afford Strome as the 23 player on the roster. I'm not a NYR fan, but on paper, it seem interesting to keep a center RFA next year with a lineup of 4 young centers. In short, NYR have to get rid of 2 players between (most likely) Shattenkirk, Smith, Staal, Strome, Names or Kreider.
24 juill. 2019 à 16 h 48
Jimbo1119
I like the idea, but I think they will be giving him between 3-4 at a reasonable price and if he doesn't pan out, then they can flip him to someone for a draft pick or a young prospect. I mean the kid will be a stud, he just needs to get over the **** attitude and actually worry about being a good hockey player. Other than that, I see the rangers giving him a decent amount of money, but reasonable enough to flip him if need be.

Once again- if a 1 yr 1M deal can be pushed on LeBanc...a guy who has shown he belongs in this league and has a bright future...no reason ADA- a guy who still needs to prove he belongs and who still needs to show he has the attitude to stay- can't be given the same deal....after a 1 yr show me deal- if ADA continues his upward climb, he will certainly be worth more money next year, or when he is arbitration eligible...if the Rangers deem that too expensive, then they will still own his valuable RFA rights- and he would have a considerable amount of trade value.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage