SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Final Mock Draft Thoughts - trades and description

Final Mock Draft Thoughts - trades and description

Cuvée de repêchage: 2019
Créé par: Ryminister_27
Publié: 10 juin 2019 à 22 h 49
Description
Trades are hypothetical that teams see other teams ahead of them getting "their guys", whatever the actual trade is who knows. I'm not going to predict that, just that some teams move up and down. Players also always notably slide down or teams go off the board to get certain players so it should be interesting. I tend to go with the "best player available" approach but also take into account a teams organizational needs as well.

So this is what I've come up with for my final predictions.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Hughes is seen as the consensus #1 in the draft. Highly skilled offensively, great skater with incredible vision. Neds to improve his defensive game IMO to have a chance at becoming a bonafide #1 centre, but he'll be no less than #2 centre of a #1 LW.
2Logo de Rangers de New York-Rangers get the best player in the draft. Kakko is the most complete and NHL ready. Although he's listed as a RW, he has played centre before and I see him transitioning and developing in a true #1 centre in his career.
3Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-I think it basically down to either Turcotte or Byram in this spot. Personally I think it should be Byram as Chicago needs left handed d-man in their organization, but Turcotte played locally in Chicago and has been compared to Toews. Think they might be leaning more towards Turcotte in this spot.
4Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaColorado ideally takes a forward here to help with their scoring issues. But Byram is the clear cut best player available. Offence from the defence is a good place to start. Byram creates offence from the back end with good defensive play and would make a great future top pairing partner for Makar.
5Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-LA goes with the big future top 6 centre in Dach. Good offensive upside with size, ad centres are hard to come by.
6Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Some concerns if Podkolzin will come over to North America or not, but Yzerman has never been scared to draft from Russia. Podkolzin has great size and skill and is arguably the second most NHL ready prospect in the draft. He's signed for 2 years in the KHL but Detroit's timeline for their rebuild fits him coming over then anyways. Worth taking a shot on him at #6.
7Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Sabres add a forward with size and skill that can play immediately in their top 9. Can play centre or the RW, personally I see him as a better RW and he would fit in great alongside Skinner and Eichel in the future.
8Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Oilers need immediate scoring wingers. Caufiled may be the purest goal scorer in the draft, definitely one of the best shots. Would look great alongside McDavid for a long future.
9Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Anaheim takes the first big jump at #9. Ducks lack any top prospects or NHL d-man at RHD. Söderström is the best RHD available in the draft and trading down is a big risk to lose him. Could see Philly grabbing him at #11 if he's still available Ducks take the chance now on him.
10Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Could see the Canucks going to Broberg here as they've reportedly had a lot of interest in him. But if Newhook falls this far, Jim Benning should be running to the podium to take him. Great speed and playmaking ability could transition to a winger to play alongside Horvat or Pettersson in the future.
11Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Assuming Philly keeps the pick, Boldy fits their play style as the power forward type. Could very well see the, trading this pick for a NHL roster RHD though.
12Logo de Wild du Minnesota-*TRADE WITH ARIZONA* Arizona trades up with Minnesota thinking that Florida might select Kaliyev to help their scoring issues. Arizona selects one of the better shots in the draft to help their secondary scoring issues.
13Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Broberg slides a little bit. Panthers take the best player available. Broberg has a ton of raw skill but injury concerns have dropped his draft stock. Would be a great fit for the Panthers.
14Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-*TRADE WITH MINNESOTA* Minnesota trades down with Arizona to select a big right handed shooting forward that they lack. Lavoie uses his size well and can play both C and RW.
15Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal adds a much needed left handed puck moving d-man to the system. He'll take a few years to develop, but a great skater and puck mover at the moment. Needs to work on his defensive game, but if he's paired with the right D partner he'll be just fine. Has a ton of confidence, and should translate from the collegiate game to the pros with ease.
16Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-The fall and steal of the draft goes to Colorado (luck out twice in the same draft). As one of the teams having multiple 1st round picks, they get their d-man and scoring forward within the top 16 picks. Sakic should be sprinting on stage if Zegras is available here. Great playmaker with incredible vision that skates with easy strides. Defensive game is no slouch but could use some work but shouldn't be an issue. IMO Zegras is a product of the great USNDP this year. Playing behind Hughes gave him a bit easier of competition so he slides down the draft board. Avs come out the big winners of the day.
17Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-If Knight is on the board for Vegas, there should be no hesitation who the pick is. The best goalie prospect to come along since Price IMO, the Golden Knights have no future NHL prospects at goalie and would love to add a high end one in Knight now. When Fleury is on the back end of his career, Knight will just be starting his NHL career so the timeline fits perfectly. This is a no brainer as Spencer becomes a Golden Knight.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas seems to be in a tricky situation with the direction they want their team to go in. As a kinda hybrid move to a "contend or retool" pick, I have them taking Krebs but could also see them going for Seider in this spot. A recent serious injury has Krebs sliding IMO, but he is a top 10 talent in this draft class. A great playmaker who can also put the puck in the net, Dallas seems like a good situation for Krebs to fly under the radar and turn into a top line winger.
19Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusSenators get their dream pick at #19 as they take Seider. He's a fast skater for his size and moves the puck exceptionally well. Loves to play physical in his own end and has good awareness. He's coming from a men's league in Europe so he won't need as much time to develop, but a year or two in the AHL would be ideal. Could turn into the perfect top 4 pairing d-man for Chabot or Brännström in the near future.
20Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Jets de Winnipeg*TRADE WITH NASHVILLE* Predators trade up in fear that Pittsburgh selects Suzuki. Nashville gets one of the smartest players in the draft. Could end up being better than his brother.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Highly skilled player with incredible hands fits right in with Pittsburgh. Their system is starting to lack top end prospects and Höglander adds a ton of skill to it which IMO screams what Pittsburgh desires.
22Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoKings have the luxury of multiple 1st round picks and can get a forward and a d-man with them. Vlasic is the exact moulding d-man that LA would love. An average skater but big bodied and physical play style similar to Kings GM Rob Blake. Some consistency issues, but could develop into a shutdown top 4 guy.
23Logo de Islanders de New York-Robertson isn't a flashy guy, but he's extremely consistent and reliable in his own end. This seems like the exact type of player that new Islanders management covets and having a future top 4 LHD to play alongside 1 of Pulock, Dobson, or Wilde that's reliable seems to be a good fit.
24Logo de Predators de Nashville-*TRADE WITH NY RANGERS* Rangers move down and select puck moving d-man to add to their organization. Harley at this late in the draft could be one of the best steals in the entire draft. Would fit the Rangers system well.
25Logo de Capitals de Washington-Not much talk here, Washington takes the best player available. Heinola would be a great pick this late in the draft and Caps d-core is aging so he could be the target.
26Logo de Flames de Calgary-Flames add to their offence with this incredible speedy and skilled forward. Can play both centre and the wing, IMO I see him as the better centre to enhance his playmaking ability. Would be an incredible steal if he falls this far but Calgary should jump at the chance to get him if he's available.
27Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-
Lassi Thomson
A very under the radar pick, Tampa selects a very good puck moving RHD. Great offensive instincts, will need time to develop his defensive side to his game but projects as a #4 guy. Good skating could allow him to develop a bit further. Personally I see him as a similar player to Jared Spurgeon. Would be a great pick for Tampa as they have the time and roster to allow him to develop properly.
28Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Canes new owner has publicly said that the team will draft a forward in the first round, Poulin seems like a good option this late in the draft. Good offensive play style but not a pushover in his own end. Uses his size well and is more of a playmaking wingers with an underrated shot. His shot could use some work and he'll need time to develop, but I compare him to a similar Ondrej Palat. Would be a good future middle 6 option for the Hurricanes.
29Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Sharks de San JoseDucks are another team that has the luxury of multiple 1st round picks so they can grab a forward and a d-man with them. Foote could be a bit off the board here but he fits the rough and tough play style of the Ducks. Has some offence to his game, a decent skater and loves to play physical. A future 3rd liner at minimum.
30Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Blues de St-LouisBuffalo gets one of the best skaters in the draft in McMicheal. I question whether or not he'll be able to produce enough at the NHL level to become a top 6 option, but a solid third line guy to play behind all the high end skill in Buffalo would be a nice fit.
31Logo de Bruins de Boston-A shoot first player in Brink that will need a little time to develop still but could turn into a viable top 6 option for Boston. Knows how to handle himself in the defensive end and has great awareness in breaking the puck out. A solid two-way forward with offence is something that seems to fit in Boston, could be similar to a Brad Marchand type just without all the shenanigans and dirty play.
10 juin 2019 à 23 h 40
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,234
Really well thought out and explained. I may not agree with every pick or analysis but I see the obvious merit in each selection, and you have every bit as much chance of being right as I am. I particularly commend you for the Anaheim picks, as well as not overlooking Lassi Thomson. Great job!! Good luck to you and your favorite team.
12 juin 2019 à 9 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 538
I really do hope that Tomasino falls to Tampa. Would be amazing, but probably won't happen

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage