Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2083 000 000 $82 796 667 $0 $272 500 $203 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 7
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 916 667 $2 916 667 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 6
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 600 000 $7 600 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 333 333 $4 333 333 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance60 000 $$60K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 mai 2019 à 23 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Think you messed up the cap on Connor there
19 mai 2019 à 23 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Quoting: Jwirb122
Think you messed up the cap on Connor there

Lmao! Yes. A "0" maked a big difference lol

Fixed. Thanks!
Jwirb122 a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2019 à 0 h 23
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,395
There's no way Laine is signing that.
Can't see Carolina having any interest in Trouba.
20 mai 2019 à 1 h 6
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,581
I like this trade, creative on the Trouba front
20 mai 2019 à 7 h 30
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Yeah fat chance of Trouba going to Carolina, He wants to be near his family in Michigan. Or Florida with his fiancee.
20 mai 2019 à 10 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
There's no way Laine is signing that.
Can't see Carolina having any interest in Trouba.

Laine's contract is very difficult to gauge comong off the year he did. Leads to the debate of what knid of player is he?

$4 million on a bridge deal coming off that year I don't think is far off, at least for me. Laine is in a position to bet on himself. So maybe it's a one year deal. A long term deal is now something I would never offer.
20 mai 2019 à 10 h 52
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: swinny
Laine's contract is very difficult to gauge comong off the year he did. Leads to the debate of what knid of player is he?

$4 million on a bridge deal coming off that year I don't think is far off, at least for me. Laine is in a position to bet on himself. So maybe it's a one year deal. A long term deal is now something I would never offer.

He hit the 30 goal mark for the 3rd season in a row and he was a 20 year old, even on a one or two year bridge he's gonna be at least $6 million. You may not like or agree with it but I can't see him signing anything that starts at 4.
20 mai 2019 à 10 h 56
Démarrer sujet
He hit the 30 goal mark for the 3rd season in a row and he was a 20 year old, even on a one or two year bridge he's gonna be at least $6 million. You may not like or agree with it but I can't see him signing anything that starts at 4.

Sure he scored 30. To go along with what 15 helpers? He maybe talented, but he is one dimensional. For $6m, I would want more than that.
20 mai 2019 à 11 h 8
MisstheWhalers
Sure he scored 30. To go along with what 15 helpers? He maybe talented, but he is one dimensional. For $6m, I would want more than that.

Must've been around 20 or so assists cause he broke the 50 point mark.
Idk, he's put on a line that just clearly doesn't work for any of the three players on it but the coach just keeps rolling it out there, Laine doesn't have any control over that.
I also think part of his goal scoring slump was due to Trouba being on the power play, Laine wasn't getting the puck fed to him as much with Trouba manning the point.
Laine has become the bad guy in Winnipeg which is unfortunate, you can tell the kid didn't have fun playing hockey this season and that should be very concerning for a team that most players don't want to play for.
20 mai 2019 à 11 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Must've been around 20 or so assists cause he broke the 50 point mark.
Idk, he's put on a line that just clearly doesn't work for any of the three players on it but the coach just keeps rolling it out there, Laine doesn't have any control over that.
I also think part of his goal scoring slump was due to Trouba being on the power play, Laine wasn't getting the puck fed to him as much with Trouba manning the point.
Laine has become the bad guy in Winnipeg which is unfortunate, you can tell the kid didn't have fun playing hockey this season and that should be very concerning for a team that most players don't want to play for.

Oh he is a gamer alright. But if he doesn't fit on the line, does that now suggest the Jets think the unthinable and move him for someone that does?

If Laine is so dependant on the PP to produce what does that suggest?

As for Maurice, I am of the mindset he has outlived his usefulness in Winnipeg. Maybe a new coach gets Laine to another level.

A lot to questions around the player. None involve his competition level or live of the game.
20 mai 2019 à 11 h 49
MisstheWhalers
Oh he is a gamer alright. But if he doesn't fit on the line, does that now suggest the Jets think the unthinable and move him for someone that does?

If Laine is so dependant on the PP to produce what does that suggest?

As for Maurice, I am of the mindset he has outlived his usefulness in Winnipeg. Maybe a new coach gets Laine to another level.

A lot to questions around the player. None involve his competition level or live of the game.

Well before they trade a generational goal scorer maybe the coach should do the unthinkable and try some line combos that might work? Seriously after this many seasons of Maurice we know he likes Wheeler with Scheiffele and Tanev with Lowry, man he's such an outside of the box thinker... ?

I get your point, he may be too reliant on the PP to get his goals and struggles to score 5v5 but one could argue his 5v5 struggles are directly linked to his lines overall lack of chemistry which once again he has no control over. Also I'm not a huge stats guy but I've heard that even the top line struggles to score 5v5 and if that's the case this entire team struggles to score 5v5 cause that 3rd line is an offensive black hole and the 4th line is non existent in Maurice's world.
Seriously in a lot of Jets fans(not saying you but idk maybe you..lol) Laine is this massive problem and he's one of the main reasons for this season's failure but really if you think about it if it wasn't for his red hot November and all the wins that coincided with that streak this team might not of made the playoffs.
I mean we're saying Laine relies on the PP for his goals but how much are the Jets on a whole relying on Laine to get those goals for them to go anywhere??
So having said that I think all the flak Laine is taking is total nonsense, this team had a myriad of issues this season and while some of that is on Laine there's also a lot of other and likely bigger factors that lead to this debacle of a season.

Yup I agree he's of no use to this organization anymore, he seems like a good guy and I appreciate the stability he brought in when he was hired but it's time to move on, he won't be taking Laine or this team to the next level.
Just on Maurice for a second, I think coming in to a team that's in a bit of a mess and bringing things back in order is what he's really good at but that's it, he isn't good at taking a team to the next level. Like I almost think he'd be good for the Oilers for around 1.5-2 seasons and then he steps aside and someone else takes them to the next level, obviously lots of fixing that needs to happen with that lineup first but he'd probably be good at bring some rule, order and stability there but wouldn't take them to the next level.

I'm sure he still loves the game but from his end of season media interviews it was pretty obvious he didn't have much fun this season, he didn't love playing the game in Winnipeg this season which is a concern. I mean people can hate on him all they want but goal scorers like him don't drop in your lap everyday and there's a ton of NMC's out there, might not be easy to get the return you want for him. Should be building a team culture for young players that you've drafted that this is where you want to be and you'll be successful here, not shipping them off for some guy that's not happy he's getting traded to the Winnipeg Jets.
20 mai 2019 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Well before they trade a generational goal scorer maybe the coach should do the unthinkable and try some line combos that might work? Seriously after this many seasons of Maurice we know he likes Wheeler with Scheiffele and Tanev with Lowry, man he's such an outside of the box thinker... ?

I get your point, he may be too reliant on the PP to get his goals and struggles to score 5v5 but one could argue his 5v5 struggles are directly linked to his lines overall lack of chemistry which once again he has no control over. Also I'm not a huge stats guy but I've heard that even the top line struggles to score 5v5 and if that's the case this entire team struggles to score 5v5 cause that 3rd line is an offensive black hole and the 4th line is non existent in Maurice's world.
Seriously in a lot of Jets fans(not saying you but idk maybe you..lol) Laine is this massive problem and he's one of the main reasons for this season's failure but really if you think about it if it wasn't for his red hot November and all the wins that coincided with that streak this team might not of made the playoffs.
I mean we're saying Laine relies on the PP for his goals but how much are the Jets on a whole relying on Laine to get those goals for them to go anywhere??
So having said that I think all the flak Laine is taking is total nonsense, this team had a myriad of issues this season and while some of that is on Laine there's also a lot of other and likely bigger factors that lead to this debacle of a season.

Yup I agree he's of no use to this organization anymore, he seems like a good guy and I appreciate the stability he brought in when he was hired but it's time to move on, he won't be taking Laine or this team to the next level.
Just on Maurice for a second, I think coming in to a team that's in a bit of a mess and bringing things back in order is what he's really good at but that's it, he isn't good at taking a team to the next level. Like I almost think he'd be good for the Oilers for around 1.5-2 seasons and then he steps aside and someone else takes them to the next level, obviously lots of fixing that needs to happen with that lineup first but he'd probably be good at bring some rule, order and stability there but wouldn't take them to the next level.

I'm sure he still loves the game but from his end of season media interviews it was pretty obvious he didn't have much fun this season, he didn't love playing the game in Winnipeg this season which is a concern. I mean people can hate on him all they want but goal scorers like him don't drop in your lap everyday and there's a ton of NMC's out there, might not be easy to get the return you want for him. Should be building a team culture for young players that you've drafted that this is where you want to be and you'll be successful here, not shipping them off for some guy that's not happy he's getting traded to the Winnipeg Jets.

Oh, I think a lot of issues stem from Maurice. That team is too stacked to die the way they did. I truly think he lost the room.

True. That whole team shat the bed 5v5. How? See above.

The difficulty with Laine, for me, is how do you pay him? For what he has done, what we have right now, or the possibility of what he may do? Last season raises soooooo many questions there. Unlike Connor, whose production was fairly stable. Or Morrisey who completely blew up.

That Laine contract is so tough to gauge, and where the thinking may lead. If I am a betting man, Laine goes William Karlsson on us. He is THAT guy. Proud, competitive etc. His season clearly frustrated him. How he bounces back? I dunno.

Only thing I do know, Maurice should be let go. Or traded to Edmonton - you're on to something there.
20 mai 2019 à 12 h 45
MisstheWhalers
Oh, I think a lot of issues stem from Maurice. That team is too stacked to die the way they did. I truly think he lost the room.

True. That whole team shat the bed 5v5. How? See above.

The difficulty with Laine, for me, is how do you pay him? For what he has done, what we have right now, or the possibility of what he may do? Last season raises soooooo many questions there. Unlike Connor, whose production was fairly stable. Or Morrisey who completely blew up.

That Laine contract is so tough to gauge, and where the thinking may lead. If I am a betting man, Laine goes William Karlsson on us. He is THAT guy. Proud, competitive etc. His season clearly frustrated him. How he bounces back? I dunno.

Only thing I do know, Maurice should be let go. Or traded to Edmonton - you're on to something there.

Wonder why he lost the room though, I do think there were lots of frustrated young players who felt they weren't getting a fair shot and from what I saw all season with the lines/player usage that wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed that. There's also rumors that Buff and Wheeler don't like each other much, so if the coach couldn't get that under control who does??

I do think a lot of the 5v5 scoring woes stem from line combos that don't work and usage of others that don't score enough for the ice time they get ie:The TLC line.

With Laine I'm less worried about him and personally if they can lock him down to a $7-8×7/8 year deal they should do it now! As for Connor he's the one I'd bridge cause I think we know what he is and I don't think we'll see some explosion from him that'll command a lot more money whereas if you bridge Laine and he explodes which he very well could do you'll have to open the wallet wide which won't be good for building out the rest of the lineup/roster.
Ideally I say lock them down both long term but if you can only bridge one then bridge Connor.

If they do bridge Laine I do think going the W.Karlsson route is the way to go, do a one year and then try to do a long term based on his performance cause if you go two you're just taking him closer to FA and if he's average in year one of the bridge but explodes in year two they'll be paying way more but there'll still be questions of is this what he really is or a one off season. Though if they go two it does allow time for Buff and Perreault's contracts to expire so that money will be freed up.

I do think Maurice should go or at the very least another assistant coach/assistant coach change should be brought in, they really need another voice and new set of eyes on that bench with the coaching staff. As much as I'd like to see another health coach I think Maurice will be given till Christmas/early new year and if the team isn't playing extremely well he'll be fired. I think he'll be on a fairly short leash but not a short enough leash and by the time he is fired the season will be lost. Hope not but that's how I think it'll go down.
20 mai 2019 à 12 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Wonder why he lost the room though, I do think there were lots of frustrated young players who felt they weren't getting a fair shot and from what I saw all season with the lines/player usage that wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed that. There's also rumors that Buff and Wheeler don't like each other much, so if the coach couldn't get that under control who does??

I do think a lot of the 5v5 scoring woes stem from line combos that don't work and usage of others that don't score enough for the ice time they get ie:The TLC line.

With Laine I'm less worried about him and personally if they can lock him down to a $7-8×7/8 year deal they should do it now! As for Connor he's the one I'd bridge cause I think we know what he is and I don't think we'll see some explosion from him that'll command a lot more money whereas if you bridge Laine and he explodes which he very well could do you'll have to open the wallet wide which won't be good for building out the rest of the lineup/roster.
Ideally I say lock them down both long term but if you can only bridge one then bridge Connor.

If they do bridge Laine I do think going the W.Karlsson route is the way to go, do a one year and then try to do a long term based on his performance cause if you go two you're just taking him closer to FA and if he's average in year one of the bridge but explodes in year two they'll be paying way more but there'll still be questions of is this what he really is or a one off season. Though if they go two it does allow time for Buff and Perreault's contracts to expire so that money will be freed up.

I do think Maurice should go or at the very least another assistant coach/assistant coach change should be brought in, they really need another voice and new set of eyes on that bench with the coaching staff. As much as I'd like to see another health coach I think Maurice will be given till Christmas/early new year and if the team isn't playing extremely well he'll be fired. I think he'll be on a fairly short leash but not a short enough leash and by the time he is fired the season will be lost. Hope not but that's how I think it'll go down.

Change should be coming. But Cheveldayoff is notouriously patient (which has paid off).

Have to agree on the one year for Laine. If it was a bad year, it will correct itself. When you are gonna drop $8m +, you gotta be sure. Right now, cannot say that is the case. I am a Leafs fan, and right now that team is a victim of misplaced money and a bad contract (yup, I am talkimg about Zaitsev). Jets have to be sure they don't fall into that trap. They have much more wiggle room, and if smart can come out the other side in good shape.

Why I would lock Connor down on a longer term. If you don't, it is because the organization feels Veselanien is a better long term move (which maybe the case). Having said that, I like Connor's game more than Ehlers, so frankly, that's my out in 2 years.

You are right. It's trying to get to Perrault and Buff getting off the books. That is gonna be a long haul.
20 mai 2019 à 13 h 27
MisstheWhalers
Change should be coming. But Cheveldayoff is notouriously patient (which has paid off).

Have to agree on the one year for Laine. If it was a bad year, it will correct itself. When you are gonna drop $8m +, you gotta be sure. Right now, cannot say that is the case. I am a Leafs fan, and right now that team is a victim of misplaced money and a bad contract (yup, I am talkimg about Zaitsev). Jets have to be sure they don't fall into that trap. They have much more wiggle room, and if smart can come out the other side in good shape.

Why I would lock Connor down on a longer term. If you don't, it is because the organization feels Veselanien is a better long term move (which maybe the case). Having said that, I like Connor's game more than Ehlers, so frankly, that's my out in 2 years.

You are right. It's trying to get to Perrault and Buff getting off the books. That is gonna be a long haul.

Well Chevy wasn't that patient the last two seasons with free agent signings and deadline deals which have now cost the Jets a ton of assets with nothing to show for it and still holes on the roster that haven't been filled. Hopefully he's not too patient with a decision on Maurice's future though.

I disagree about Zaitsev, he gets ragged on a lot but he's still a top 4 dman and after July 1 his contract is gonna look better and better. Like think about it, I know Esa Lindell is better then Zaitsev but a 2nd pairing defenseman making just shy of $6 million per year isn't sustainable unless the cap keeps growing by at least $3-4 million per year but will it?
Zaitsev isn't the best but I don't think he or his contract is as bad as its made out to be.

Yeah I'm a way bigger Ehlers fan and Connor gets the benefit of top line duties more so it helps his numbers and imo skews people's perception of him. Don't get me wrong I like K.Connor but there's a ton of factors that lead to his success that seems to get overlooked.
I'm not a fancy stat person but I've heard that the numbers show that the top line is better with Ehlers on it then with Connor on it and that's what I've always thought from watching the Jets, the top line is explosive with Ehlers on it and just kind of meh with Connor there yet Connor gets more time there. Coaches favorites issue I suspect which might be part of the dressing room dysfunction this season, that's what I suspect anyway.

Not that long of a road, two more seasons and really Buff is still this teams best offensive defenseman by a pretty wide margin so I'm not worried about it and Perreault is still an effective player unfortunately the coach plays plugs (Brandon Tanev) ahead of him.
Seriously I know many sports fans teams **** about their teams head coach but Maurice has ample possibilities with the roster he's given yet he constantly goes back to the same well of things that don't work which in-turn make some guys look like problems/issues (Perreault,Laine,Ehlers,Little,etc)that in all likelihood they're not. Its so damn frustrating!
20 mai 2019 à 14 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Well Chevy wasn't that patient the last two seasons with free agent signings and deadline deals which have now cost the Jets a ton of assets with nothing to show for it and still holes on the roster that haven't been filled. Hopefully he's not too patient with a decision on Maurice's future though.

I disagree about Zaitsev, he gets ragged on a lot but he's still a top 4 dman and after July 1 his contract is gonna look better and better. Like think about it, I know Esa Lindell is better then Zaitsev but a 2nd pairing defenseman making just shy of $6 million per year isn't sustainable unless the cap keeps growing by at least $3-4 million per year but will it?
Zaitsev isn't the best but I don't think he or his contract is as bad as its made out to be.

Yeah I'm a way bigger Ehlers fan and Connor gets the benefit of top line duties more so it helps his numbers and imo skews people's perception of him. Don't get me wrong I like K.Connor but there's a ton of factors that lead to his success that seems to get overlooked.
I'm not a fancy stat person but I've heard that the numbers show that the top line is better with Ehlers on it then with Connor on it and that's what I've always thought from watching the Jets, the top line is explosive with Ehlers on it and just kind of meh with Connor there yet Connor gets more time there. Coaches favorites issue I suspect which might be part of the dressing room dysfunction this season, that's what I suspect anyway.

Not that long of a road, two more seasons and really Buff is still this teams best offensive defenseman by a pretty wide margin so I'm not worried about it and Perreault is still an effective player unfortunately the coach plays plugs (Brandon Tanev) ahead of him.
Seriously I know many sports fans teams **** about their teams head coach but Maurice has ample possibilities with the roster he's given yet he constantly goes back to the same well of things that don't work which in-turn make some guys look like problems/issues (Perreault,Laine,Ehlers,Little,etc)that in all likelihood they're not. Its so damn frustrating!

It is. The team is so good and for the most part pretty balanced.

Might have to look at Ehlers more closely..... when playera click with other players, they click. Don't mess with that. See Hyman (of all people right?) with Matthews. Similar situation, albeit Ehlers is just a little more talneted lol.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage