Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2384 000 000 $78 374 000 $0 $265 000 $5 626 000 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
767 500 $767 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
C
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 mai 2019 à 12 h 59
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,852
Another left shot defenseman, just brilliant.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2019 à 13 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: NickC1988
Another left shot defenseman, just brilliant.

Yeah trading for Brodin makes no sense. They already have Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Rosen, and eventually Sandin. I don't see why they wouldn't go after Spurgeon instead, especially when he fits their needs perfectly. If term on his deal is the issue, I don't see why Spurgeon wouldn't sign an extension...
19 mai 2019 à 13 h 46
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,852
Quoting: TanSor
Yeah trading for Brodin makes no sense. They already have Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Rosen, and eventually Sandin. I don't see why they wouldn't go after Spurgeon instead, especially when he fits their needs perfectly. If term on his deal is the issue, I don't see why Spurgeon wouldn't sign an extension...

I'm not so sure Spurgeon fills a need really. He's a good player, but I don't think he's the shut down defenseman the leafs are looking for. Also having one year left on his contract doesn't help. or the fact that he's turning 30 this year.
YoungNHLgm a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2019 à 14 h 8
Quoting: NickC1988
I'm not so sure Spurgeon fills a need really. He's a good player, but I don't think he's the shut down defenseman the leafs are looking for. Also having one year left on his contract doesn't help. or the fact that he's turning 30 this year.

Well like I said they could sign him to an extension easily I'd imagine. He has said he wants to win and he'd have a great shot at that in Toronto. He's also the best defenseman on the Wild in terms of defensive play, he played amazingly in a shut down role with Brodin for the first half of the season.
19 mai 2019 à 14 h 18
Steven_Dean
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Well like I said they could sign him to an extension easily I'd imagine. He has said he wants to win and he'd have a great shot at that in Toronto. He's also the best defenseman on the Wild in terms of defensive play, he played amazingly in a shut down role with Brodin for the first half of the season.

Considering the trade would come after the signing bonus is paid and an extension can be discussed that isn't bad but considering Spurgeon's age his next contract is going to be long and for a high cap hit. The Leafs would need another huge piece or two back which may make this too expensive a price for Minnesota. Besides, helping Minnesota trade Spurgeon as an elite defender with term isn't really smart asset management for the Leafs.
19 mai 2019 à 14 h 26
Quoting: Steven_Dean
Considering the trade would come after the signing bonus is paid and an extension can be discussed that isn't bad but considering Spurgeon's age his next contract is going to be long and for a high cap hit. The Leafs would need another huge piece or two back which may make this too expensive a price for Minnesota. Besides, helping Minnesota trade Spurgeon as an elite defender with term isn't really smart asset management for the Leafs.

I mean he's not even a year older than Tavares... Sign him to a 5 year deal (which would be doable IMO) and his deal would end exactly when Tavares' does. I think $7-8M is around what it would cost, and considering the Marleau deal is up after next year and the cap will go up, Leafs will have plenty of space to make it happen especially if they move a Brown or Zaitsev.

I mean where else are you going to get your elite top pairing RD? Teams aren't exactly trying to get rid of guys like that. Hell, even Fenton has said signing Spurgeon is a priority so MN isn't exactly shopping him (although I do think he could be moved for the right price considering Toronto has the pieces we need). Plus, Toronto might be able to get Spurgeon on more of a discount if they do a sign and trade than if they go after him in free agency. More demand in free agency would raise Spurgeon price.
19 mai 2019 à 14 h 37
Steven_Dean
Mentions "j'aime": 12
I mean he's not even a year older than Tavares... Sign him to a 5 year deal (which would be doable IMO) and his deal would end exactly when Tavares' does. I think $7-8M is around what it would cost, and considering the Marleau deal is up after next year and the cap will go up, Leafs will have plenty of space to make it happen especially if they move a Brown or Zaitsev.

I mean where else are you going to get your elite top pairing RD? Teams aren't exactly trying to get rid of guys like that. Hell, even Fenton has said signing Spurgeon is a priority so MN isn't exactly shopping him (although I do think he could be moved for the right price considering Toronto has the pieces we need). Plus, Toronto might be able to get Spurgeon on more of a discount if they do a sign and trade than if they go after him in free agency. More demand in free agency would raise Spurgeon price.

I don't know why I always think he is 32 lol.

Still my other points stand. Signed to $8M until 35 isn't ideal and once again why does Toronto help Minnesota by multiplying Spurgeon's value from a rental to someone who would fetch a young elite forward?

Spurgeon included in this example just doesn't fit since he is a pending UFA. But considering his age a 4-5 year deal for Spurgeon does make him very valuable.
19 mai 2019 à 15 h 5
Quoting: Steven_Dean
I don't know why I always think he is 32 lol.

Still my other points stand. Signed to $8M until 35 isn't ideal and once again why does Toronto help Minnesota by multiplying Spurgeon's value from a rental to someone who would fetch a young elite forward?

Spurgeon included in this example just doesn't fit since he is a pending UFA. But considering his age a 4-5 year deal for Spurgeon does make him very valuable.

Is having Tavares signed until he's 35 for $12M ideal? No, but you do it because he's an elite 1C and greatly improves your chances at a cup. Same for Spurgeon. In terms of defensive play, he'd easily be the best defenseman on the Leafs (and I know because I like watching the Leafs, caught about 15-20 regular season games and all but one of your playoff games).

Again, Toronto "helps" us because where else will they find a top pairing RD as good as Spurgeon? Erik Karlsson is the only FA worthy of a top pairing role IMO (I think Myers is a good 2nd pairing but not a 1st pairing guy) but he'll be way too expensive for Toronto. Subban could be on the move, but he's pretty meh defensively and is also too expensive. Barrie could be on the move, but again he's not on Spurgeon's level defensively. If Spurgeon is just a rental, then Toronto is in the exact same position once he walks in free aganecy as they were before. I don't think Liljegren will ever be a top pairing guy, but he could be a decent 2nd pairing player so who is replacing Spurgeon if he walks? Also you have to look at it from the Wild's persepctive: we want to keep Spurgeon if we can. I don't think Fenton will want to move him unless Toronto offers us Nylander or Kapanen and that isn't happening unless Toronto knows he isn't a rental.
19 mai 2019 à 23 h 30
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Is having Tavares signed until he's 35 for $12M ideal? No, but you do it because he's an elite 1C and greatly improves your chances at a cup. Same for Spurgeon. In terms of defensive play, he'd easily be the best defenseman on the Leafs (and I know because I like watching the Leafs, caught about 15-20 regular season games and all but one of your playoff games).

Again, Toronto "helps" us because where else will they find a top pairing RD as good as Spurgeon? Erik Karlsson is the only FA worthy of a top pairing role IMO (I think Myers is a good 2nd pairing but not a 1st pairing guy) but he'll be way too expensive for Toronto. Subban could be on the move, but he's pretty meh defensively and is also too expensive. Barrie could be on the move, but again he's not on Spurgeon's level defensively. If Spurgeon is just a rental, then Toronto is in the exact same position once he walks in free aganecy as they were before. I don't think Liljegren will ever be a top pairing guy, but he could be a decent 2nd pairing player so who is replacing Spurgeon if he walks? Also you have to look at it from the Wild's persepctive: we want to keep Spurgeon if we can. I don't think Fenton will want to move him unless Toronto offers us Nylander or Kapanen and that isn't happening unless Toronto knows he isn't a rental.

Comparing the Tavares signing to acquiring Spurgeon has no similarities really. Tavares cost the Leafs nothing other than a contract to get, getting Spurgeon would cost them a young roster player which arguably doesn't improve them a great deal. Sure Spurgeon would fit the #2 spot RHD they'd like, but it also weakens the offence if Nylander is they main piece to go. Now I understand that sometimes to strengthen one aspect of the team, they'd have to weaken another, yes of course, but giving up a 23 year old who has proven to produce outside of one 6 month span for a 30 year old d-man doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Toronto. I think if the package started with Kapanen, it'd likely be a lot closer. Nylander has a far more offensive upside impact to his game and it would arguably be a greater impact than Spurgeon's 3-4 years of defence, since Nylander could develop into a 1C for 10+ seasons.

As for other defensive options, there's definitely some out there that are much better suited for giving up Nylander than Spurgeon. Carolina has multiple right handed d-man that could fit, Ekblad has also been a name thrown around closely with Toronto, Pietrangelo could be a UFA next season and would turn into a Tavares situation where all it costs Toronto is a contract to get him. Leafs management is smart. They wouldn't risk the long term, consistent success for 1 or 2 seasons of it. They've preached that since day 1.
20 mai 2019 à 0 h 31
Quoting: YoungNHLgm
Comparing the Tavares signing to acquiring Spurgeon has no similarities really. Tavares cost the Leafs nothing other than a contract to get, getting Spurgeon would cost them a young roster player which arguably doesn't improve them a great deal. Sure Spurgeon would fit the #2 spot RHD they'd like, but it also weakens the offence if Nylander is they main piece to go. Now I understand that sometimes to strengthen one aspect of the team, they'd have to weaken another, yes of course, but giving up a 23 year old who has proven to produce outside of one 6 month span for a 30 year old d-man doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Toronto. I think if the package started with Kapanen, it'd likely be a lot closer. Nylander has a far more offensive upside impact to his game and it would arguably be a greater impact than Spurgeon's 3-4 years of defence, since Nylander could develop into a 1C for 10+ seasons.

As for other defensive options, there's definitely some out there that are much better suited for giving up Nylander than Spurgeon. Carolina has multiple right handed d-man that could fit, Ekblad has also been a name thrown around closely with Toronto, Pietrangelo could be a UFA next season and would turn into a Tavares situation where all it costs Toronto is a contract to get him. Leafs management is smart. They wouldn't risk the long term, consistent success for 1 or 2 seasons of it. They've preached that since day 1.

You're taking what I was saying out of context, though. I'm not trying to say that acquiring Spurgeon is the same thing as signing Tavares, I'm saying that in a theoretical sense, having two guys age 30 signed until they are 35 isn't ideal, since that was what we were talking about. I was only using their age as a comparison since I've constantly heard from Leafs fans how Spurgeon is too old yet he isn't even a year older than Tavares.

As for a Spurgeon trade, I'm not sure Kapanen would be the target. We need a 1C and Kapanen is a winger. I love Kapanen, don't get me wrong, though. I think Nylander for Spurgeon 1 for 1 is fair assuming Spurgeon signs an extension, but Toronto would want another younger piece in addition to Spurgeon I'd imagine. We could offer Eriksson Ek who looked awesome the last 2-3 months of the season (and yes, I realize his point totals have been awful, but seriously he looked really good as a 2C and even on the wing). Otherwise, we might be willing to part with Greenway who would fit Toronto's needs of a power forward with upside. I think if Greenway were included then Toronto would have to add a bit, though. Also, you're assuming that Nylander would remain on the Leafs after his contract is up. Sure, he could be a 1C for 10+ seasons, but he's only signed for 5 before becoming a UFA. Maybe he walks in free agency, maybe he doesn't. He's not an RFA anymore so Toronto only "controls" him for 5 more years, not 10+.

You're right, there are options out there, but I can't see Carolina moving Pesce after his playoff performance and Faulk and Hamilton aren't anywhere near as good as Spurgeon defensively. Ekblad could be an option, but why would Florida move him? They don't have anyone in the pipeline on the right side that could be a 1RD. Pietrangelo is probably their best bet but that's assuming he'd hit free agency and the Blues chose not to re-sign him.
20 mai 2019 à 1 h 6
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 15
You're taking what I was saying out of context, though. I'm not trying to say that acquiring Spurgeon is the same thing as signing Tavares, I'm saying that in a theoretical sense, having two guys age 30 signed until they are 35 isn't ideal, since that was what we were talking about. I was only using their age as a comparison since I've constantly heard from Leafs fans how Spurgeon is too old yet he isn't even a year older than Tavares.

As for a Spurgeon trade, I'm not sure Kapanen would be the target. We need a 1C and Kapanen is a winger. I love Kapanen, don't get me wrong, though. I think Nylander for Spurgeon 1 for 1 is fair assuming Spurgeon signs an extension, but Toronto would want another younger piece in addition to Spurgeon I'd imagine. We could offer Eriksson Ek who looked awesome the last 2-3 months of the season (and yes, I realize his point totals have been awful, but seriously he looked really good as a 2C and even on the wing). Otherwise, we might be willing to part with Greenway who would fit Toronto's needs of a power forward with upside. I think if Greenway were included then Toronto would have to add a bit, though. Also, you're assuming that Nylander would remain on the Leafs after his contract is up. Sure, he could be a 1C for 10+ seasons, but he's only signed for 5 before becoming a UFA. Maybe he walks in free agency, maybe he doesn't. He's not an RFA anymore so Toronto only "controls" him for 5 more years, not 10+.

You're right, there are options out there, but I can't see Carolina moving Pesce after his playoff performance and Faulk and Hamilton aren't anywhere near as good as Spurgeon defensively. Ekblad could be an option, but why would Florida move him? They don't have anyone in the pipeline on the right side that could be a 1RD. Pietrangelo is probably their best bet but that's assuming he'd hit free agency and the Blues chose not to re-sign him.

I'm not so sure Nylander for Spurgeon would even be considered, the age difference would be the main issue. Look at what San Jose gave up for Karlsson. That'd be the best comparable trade and there was no key NHL roster players going back in that deal. I could see Toronto making an offer similar to that, revolving around Jeremy Bracco and a 1st, then a couple other lower prospects and a depth player but it wouldn't include any roster players. & that would be only if Minnesota committed to a full rebuild. If it had to be Nylander or Kapanen for Fenton to make a deal, I'm pretty sure Toronto walks away, but 1 of Greenway or Kunin is involved in the deal makes it interesting. Kunin would be a more preferred option. I understand Minnesota needs right handed shots, but keep in mind they're getting the better right handed shot back. Toronto is in desperate need of a right handed centreman, they have none in the organization that are close to NHL ready. Nylander will be kept on the wing, so getting Kunin could slide him into the 3C spot and make Kadri more expendable. Toronto is giving up the best player in the deal and is gonna want a king's ransom in return with how much potential Nylander has.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage