SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

1st round mock with explanations

1st round mock with explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2019
Créé par: TanSor
Publié: 1 avr. 2019 à 17 h 50
Description
Used the lottery function to determine the first three picks.
Gagnants de la loterie:
  1. Logo de Rangers de New YorkRangers de New York
  2. Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoAvalanche du Colorado
  3. Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimDucks d'Anaheim
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-I still think Hughes will go 1. He has a higher ceiling but lower floor compared to Kakko IMO which is why I think he'll go 1.
2Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaKakko is more ready than Hughes to play in the NHL next year and whoever picks 2nd will have an extremely easy choice.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-If the Ducks draft 3rd, I'd expect them to take Cozens for an eventual Getzlaf replacement.
4Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Kings are set at center with Kopitar and Carter on the roster with Vilardi and Kupari in the pipeline. They have the ability to draft a high risk high reward player in Podkolzin and his aggressive playstyle fits the Kings philosophy. I have my doubts Podkolzin can put it together, but if he can the sky is the limit for this guy and that's why he's picked so early.
5Logo de Devils du New Jersey-This is a tough call for me, the Devils could go with a bunch of different players here but they do have a need for a center behind Hischier and they get a good one in Dach.
6Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo has a middling PP and could use a dynamic offensive talent like Zegras for their second unit. Zegras also brings some nice physicality to their lineup. The idea is that Mittelstadt or Zegras would move to LW.
7Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-If Byram is still on the board here, Detroit should be jumping with excitement. Byram is easily the best defenseman of this pretty weak class.
8Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Boldy seems like a perfect complimentary player for a guy like McDavid or even Nuge. He was used as the trigger man many times for the USNTDP and he'd be that for Edmonton.
9Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Vancouver takes the best winger available which will help solidify their top 6. He'd go along nicely with any of Vancouver's talented forwards.
10Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-This was a tough call for me, but the Hawks need blue liners. Broberg is a very divisive prospect but I think he'll be a quality player in this league. The Hawks have a tendency to draft speedy defenders and Broberg fits that bill to a T.
11Logo de Wild du Minnesota-If Turcotte is still available by this time (I have my doubts), this should be a no-brainer for Fenton. The Wild need a 1C more than any team slated to draft before them and Turcotte has the potential to be that guy for them.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-A top 10 talent that will likely fall due to his size. I believe Caufield is the best pure goal scorer of this class and if he falls outside of the top 10, teams should remember DeBrincat and swing for Caufield.
13Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Philadelphia has an embarrassment of riches in their prospect pool, so they can afford to take a high risk high reward player. Newhooks tape is very impressive, but can he perform as well playing with better talent? Regardless, I think he's a top 5 skater in the draft and might be the fastest skater behind Jack Hughes. That'll almost guarantee he's an NHL player.
14Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-This kids hands are so impressive. He can dangle grown men with ease in the SHL and he was very creative from what I saw. He's small, but he has so much skill it might not matter.
15Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Colorado needs depth scoring and Lavoie could provide that. I like Lavoie's tools, and he'll flash the occasional big play, but the question becomes whether or not he can do that consistently in the NHL. He's got a nice shot, good speed, and his hands are good as well. He's not very creative and doesn't have the best passing ability, but if you put him with a guy like Kakko, he could really shine as a 2C/RW. I do think he has a lot of potential if he can put it all together.
16Logo de Stars de Dallas-This would be a nice addition for Dallas. Like Colorado, Dallas severely needs depth scoring and Suzuki would provide that for them.Suzuki has one of the best hockey IQ and vision in this draft, it's as if he has eyes in the back of his head and on the sides. His skating is a plus and I think he could be a very good pivot in the NHL.
17Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Kaliyev is the Ryan Merkley of this class with how he tends to coast and can look uninterested. Personally I think he's really one-dimensional, but he has some nice tools. His shot is lightning quick and he'll surprise you with his playmaking. His biggest issue is skating.
18Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-I'm extremely high on Tomasino and Habs fans should be happy if they draft him. He's often lost in the shuffle on an extremely talented Niagra team, but he continues to impress me and I think he'll be the biggest sleeper pick of the draft. If I had to describe him in one word it's speed. He's an extremely quick skater and he has the hands and IQ to keep up with his legs. He'll make plays through traffic and find guys on the ice while moving a million miles per hour. He reminds me a lot of McDavid with the way he plays, but he isn't as talented. I think he has top 6 potential and would be a big addition to Montreal.
19Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Blues de St-LouisThe Ducks traded away Montour so they could use an eventual replacement. Honka is ranked all over the place but one thing is for sure: he's gifted offensively. He'll dance through traffic and either score or set up a teammate for goals. He's a bit small and needs work defensively, but he would be a solid addition for the Ducks blue line.
20Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-I know taking goalies in the first is risky, but Canes need a goalie and Spencer Knight is by far the best of this class. He probably won't be ready for a few years, but he'd be a big addition to Carolina's pipeline.
21Logo de Predators de Nashville-Dorofoyev has a ton of potential and with how sound Nashville's roster is they have the ability to take a risky pick like this.
22Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusOttawa's blue line is atrocious outside Chabot. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't take a defenseman with their 1st pick unless there's a player that falls.
23Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Jets de WinnipegThe Rangers love Russians, and Gutik is very talented. He's not a great skater and he isn't the most competitive, but he has great vision and hands.
24Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh could use some help on LD and they add one from the remaining defenseman.
25Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Sharks de San JoseCajkovic is a prospect that I really like but he's on an awful team. His shot and skating are great.
26Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoVlasic is a behemoth of a defenseman. LA traded away Muzzin and could have a decent replacement for him in a few years through Vlasic.
27Logo de Islanders de New York-Moritz Seider is a pick that I like a lot in the later portion of the first round. He's just solid in every aspect of his game, but he's not great at any particular one thing. The Islanders already have some nice RD in their system, but adding another wouldn't hurt.
28Logo de Capitals de Washington-Brink has a ton of potential and could be a great pick to address the Caps depth scoring in the next couple of years.
29Logo de Bruins de Boston-Foote fits the Boston playstyle of being big and physical. Pretty good goal scorer, too, and would help provide depth scoring for the Bruins.
30Logo de Flames de Calgary-Calgary lacks a high-end forward in their system, and McMichael would address that. This could be a great pick for Calgary and McMichael could end up being one of the bigger steals of the draft.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-I predict Tampa to win the cup (bold, I know) so that would mean this is actually the Rangers pick. They go for the Russian once again and grab a very complete player in Guskov.
1 avr. 2019 à 21 h 34
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Glad to see I’m not the only person really high on a Tomasino, and I think Barzal is a better comparison for him than McDavid
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 21 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: Max
Glad to see I’m not the only person really high on a Tomasino, and I think Barzal is a better comparison for him than McDavid

That's a better comparison. He's my favorite prospect of any slated to go after the first 15 picks. I'm surprised he's not talked about more
Max a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 21 h 54
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 987
Quoting: TanSor
That's a better comparison. He's my favorite prospect of any slated to go after the first 15 picks. I'm surprised he's not talked about more

imo he is going to be one of the best players from this draft but also one of the most controversial because nobody knows of him and wherever he’s picked people will question it
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2019 à 22 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: Max
imo he is going to be one of the best players from this draft but also one of the most controversial because nobody knows of him and wherever he’s picked people will question it

I can see it, I think I've only seen him mocked a few times and he has been mid 20's in the mock drafts he's in. I'm sure there's a few teams in on him. I'm secretly hoping the Wild move Zucker at the draft so we can take him, but I doubt that happens.
Max a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage