SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

2019-2020 cap situation (assuming they have a good season, as expected)

Créé par: JP_knows_it_all
Équipe: 2019-20 Stars de Dallas
Date de création initiale: 25 juill. 2018
Publié: 25 juill. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Edler can still play + term and cap hit are both reasonable. He provides good depth, stability on the backend while helping Honka to improve his game. Good mentor.

They still have roughly 7.5M$ to play with to add a top 6 winger. I say they go after Skinner at the 2019 trade deadline. Hanzal is relegated to 4th line duty, rightfully so (Seguin Jannmark Faksa are all above him) and the top 6 is very dangerous, as well as that 3rd line!

They might be a real threat, in a year or two.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2700 000 $
1700 000 $
2700 000 $
21 250 000 $
21 450 000 $
54 000 000 $
74 500 000 $
1725 000 $
32 150 000 $
1800 000 $
1750 000 $
2975 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
810 750 000 $
33 600 000 $
66 750 000 $
Transactions
DAL
    THAT TRADE HAPPENS AT THE 2019 TRADE DEADLINE.
    - Pending UFA F Jeff Skinner (no salary retained)
    (Skinner agrees to an extension with DAL of 6 years at 6.75M$ AAV)
    CAR
    1. Mascherin, Adam
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (DAL)
    Détails additionnels:
    - DAL '19 1st round pick
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    Logo de DAL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2383 000 000 $80 309 333 $932 500 $2 500 000 $2 690 667 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    AG, C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    10 750 000 $10 750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 8
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 8
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 541 000 $1 541 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 1
    2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    2 150 000 $2 150 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    975 000 $975 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 6
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    4 916 667 $4 916 667 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    2 350 000 $2 350 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
    DD
    UFA
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    25 juill. 2018 à 15 h 55
    Bcarlo25
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,988
    If skinner has another 24 goal season, he might sign for that, if he has a 37 goal season like year before last, bump that offer up considerably.

Either way I'm not sure that team makes the playoffs.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 1
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: avr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 138
    Quoting: Bcarlo25
    If skinner has another 24 goal season, he might sign for that, if he has a 37 goal season like year before last, bump that offer up considerably.

Considerably, I don't think so. If that happens (which means, he's at 25 to 28 goals scored at the Deadline), I can see the AAV being between 7 to 7.25M$ per...but his concussion history and inconsitensy will play against him in the negociations. And considering the tax free earnings status you get in Texas, which played a big part in Ja.Benn signing for "only" 9.5M$ per with them when he should've gotten 11M$+ per, it's totally plausible to think even in that scenario (on pace for 35+ goals in 18-19 at the deadline), he signs for less than he would have elsewhere.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 1
    What in tarnation
    Rejoint: oct. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
    This is relatively sensible. However, I believe Dallas are looking for trading Honka, since he doesn't seem to have a place on the team, and he still has some value. And if Honka is traded, the reason for acquiring Edler vanishes into air. It's a tad too much to pay almost $4M to a 3rd pair d-man in my opinion. Dallas also has young D-men such as Heatherington and Bayreuther to take the place. Also there's no place for the team's young players such as Hintz and Gurianov. I believe Hintz will be playing on the regular line-up starting this season.

I like signing Skinner, this team needs a TOP6 forward.

All in all, this looks quite good. Only things I'd change is giving a place to play for prospects.
    JP_knows_it_all a aimé ceci.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 4
    Bcarlo25
    Quoting: jp_harvey
    Considerably, I don't think so. If that happens (which means, he's at 25 to 28 goals scored at the Deadline), I can see the AAV being between 7 to 7.25M$ per...but his concussion history and inconsitensy will play against him in the negociations. And considering the tax free earnings status you get in Texas, which played a big part in Ja.Benn signing for "only" 9.5M$ per with them when he should've gotten 11M$+ per, it's totally plausible to think even in that scenario (on pace for 35+ goals in 18-19 at the deadline), he signs for less than he would have elsewhere.

Maybe, but if I'm his agent, and he's having that kind of a season, I would be saying, "if you hit open market, 7x8 is the minimum you'll get." No way he signs for 6 years, and less than 10% of the cap.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 5
    Démarrer sujet

That Central division is very strong, I must admit, but they're right behind WPG/STL/NSH in terms of strengh/powerhouse status. Above CHI/MIN/COL. They'll compete for a WC spot this year and the next for sure.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 8
    Démarrer sujet
    Modifié 25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 21
    Maybe, but if I'm his agent, and he's having that kind of a season, I would be saying, "if you hit open market, 7x8 is the minimum you'll get." No way he signs for 6 years, and less than 10% of the cap.

Again, 7x8M in CAN is pretty much the same than 6x6.75M in an earning tax free state. The AAV isn't that important to players anymore, it's what amount of money TAX FREE they will get that matters to them. This mentally started picking up pace 3 or 4 years ago
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 17
    Démarrer sujet

Again, 7x8M in CAN is pretty much the same than 6x6.75M in an earning tax free state. The AAV isn't that important to players anymore, it's what amount of money TAX FREE they will get that matters to them. This mentally started picking up pace 3 or 4 years ago

7x8M in TOR or MTL, per example, would net him 26 230 400$
    6x6.75M in DAL or TBL, per example, would net him 25 652 700$. So a difference of 96 283$ per year for 6 years (or 577 700$ total) which is pretty much the same at this point.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 19
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: BurgerBoss
    This is relatively sensible. However, I believe Dallas are looking for trading Honka, since he doesn't seem to have a place on the team, and he still has some value. And if Honka is traded, the reason for acquiring Edler vanishes into air. It's a tad too much to pay almost $4M to a 3rd pair d-man in my opinion. Dallas also has young D-men such as Heatherington and Bayreuther to take the place. Also there's no place for the team's young players such as Hintz and Gurianov. I believe Hintz will be playing on the regular line-up starting this season.

I like signing Skinner, this team needs a TOP6 forward.

All in all, this looks quite good. Only things I'd change is giving a place to play for prospects.

One thing for sure, they should buy out that last year of the M.Hanzal contract! That would open a spot up
    justaBoss a aimé ceci.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 34
    Bcarlo25
    Again, 7x8M in CAN in WAY LESS than 6x6.75M in an earning tax free state. The AAV isn't that important to players anymore, it's what amount of money TAX FREE they will get that matters to them. This mentally started picking up pace 3 or 4 years ago

ya....no. the extra year and 1.25 million a year more than makes up for the tax issue. it isn't WAYYYYYYY less. It's actually more. So the two worst TAX MARKETS (I can use all caps too) are NYC and Toronto. 6x6.75 in Dallas gets Skinner $25,652,700. 7x8 in Toronto gets Skinner $26,230,400. So...that's more. Boston for example is 32.6. So no, it's not WAY LESS. It's more. And, there's another perk. you don't have to live in Texas.
    25 juill. 2018 à 16 h 37
    Bcarlo25
    That Central division is very strong, I must admit, but they're right behind WPG/STL/NSH in terms of strengh/powerhouse status. Above CHI/MIN/COL. They'll compete for a WC spot this year and the next for sure.

They aren't in the same universe as Nashville and Winnipeg
    25 juill. 2018 à 18 h 17
    Démarrer sujet
    ya....no. the extra year and 1.25 million a year more than makes up for the tax issue. it isn't WAYYYYYYY less. It's actually more. So the two worst TAX MARKETS (I can use all caps too) are NYC and Toronto. 6x6.75 in Dallas gets Skinner $25,652,700. 7x8 in Toronto gets Skinner $26,230,400. So...that's more. Boston for example is 32.6. So no, it's not WAY LESS. It's more. And, there's another perk. you don't have to live in Texas.

Hey man! Thanks for reusing the calculations I just did in a previous answer in which I quoted you and then take ownership of 'em. It's nice that you keep hammering on your POV when you're always confirming that my point was right without actually writing those words. Anyway, I knew what I was getting into by answering you the first time. I've seen lots of your answers in previous thread and read that lots of people know it's impossible for you to conceide a point or admit that others can write something good. Basically, everything I was saying, you agreed with, but you're phrasing it as if you had the right answer and not me lol it's funny to read smile

Let's resume : I say Skinner gets 6x6.75 because of the tax avantage in DAL, you say he gets 7x8 on open market (which is almost exactly the same amount in more than half of the states/provinces he could play in, see my calculations that you took ownership of).

You say NSH & WPG are better than DAL, which is exactly what I wrote.

You say they aren't making the playoffs next year, but you don't argue with me on the "DAL is behind NSH/WPG/STL in terms of strengh in the central"...so we're on the same page. Which means that by finishing fourth, they'll clearly be fighting for a WC spot (thanks for agreeing with me)

You say that there's "NO WAY he accept 6 years instead of 7" and "no way he takes a 10% cap hit reduction". Then, after I do the math for you and you realize there's a total difference of 96 000$ a year between both our offers, you hammer me on the "my offer is more, look there's a 96 000$ a year of difference!" point and totally forget MY POINT which was that players accept less "GROSS" money on their contracts in those kinds of states than in others because of the tax incentive.

You can't always be right, my friend and your opinions are not always better than others. I made good points, you did too while talking about the money and term on the open market, but still, there was no need for all those replies since you are basically saying the exact same thing as I am, but by discrediting me and writting the same point but in different words...anyway, have a good one, dude & I hope we cross path again wink
    25 juill. 2018 à 18 h 26
    Bcarlo25
    Hey man! Thanks for reusing the calculations I just did in a previous answer in which I quoted you and then take ownership of 'em. It's nice that you keep hammering on your POV when you're always confirming that my point was right without actually writing those words. Anyway, I knew what I was getting into by answering you the first time. I've seen lots of your answers in previous thread and read that lots of people know it's impossible for you to conceide a point or admit that others can write something good. Basically, everything I was saying, you agreed with, but you're phrasing it as if you had the right answer and not me lol it's funny to read smile

Let's resume : I say Skinner gets 6x6.75 because of the tax avantage in DAL, you say he gets 7x8 on open market (which is almost exactly the same amount in more than half of the states/provinces he could play in, see my calculations that you took ownership of).

You say NSH & WPG are better than DAL, which is exactly what I wrote.

You say they aren't making the playoffs next year, but you don't argue with me on the "DAL is behind NSH/WPG/STL in terms of strengh in the central"...so we're on the same page.

You say that there's "NO WAY he accept 6 years instead of 7" and "no way he takes a 10% cap hit reduction". Then, after I do the math for you and you realize there's a total difference of 96 000$ a year between both our offers, you hammer me on the "my offer is more, look there's a 96 000$ a year of difference!" point and totally forget MY POINT which was that players accept less "GROSS" money on their contracts in those kinds of states than in others because of the tax incentive.

You can't always be right, my friend and your opinions are not always better than others. I made good points, you did too while talking about the money and term on the open market, but still, there was no need for all those replies since you are basically saying the exact same thing as I am, but by discrediting me and writting the same point but in different words...anyway, have a good one, dude & I hope we cross path again wink

i was actually doing the math (well, I was reusing the tavares tax calculator on tsn), got a phone call, and by the time i hit submit, your post was already up. I certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was stealing your work.

There are some simple premises at work here. Mainly, players always take max term if they can. I did concede that the money would be similar. I think he would get more after taxes on the open market, but there are other perks of the open market. For example, he can sign in a place that isn't freaking dallas. He could sign with a team that is actually good. he could sign with a team that has their top center under control for a bit longer.

I sort of agreed with you that the stars were being the jets and predators I guess. i worded it differently, because they are ridiculously far behind them. They're not a good team, and I don't see them becoming a good team soon. Point being, the deal that was drawn up here for Skinner, even with the tax considerations, is taking a discount. I see no reason why Skinner would take a discount with an organization he has no loyalty to, that isn't in a hockey market (sorry if this offends, but why would a hockey player want to move to texas), isn't good, and doesn't necessarily have a stable future. Not when he can wait a couple months and let teams bid on his services. The only advantage the stars would have in this instance would be the ability to offer 8 years, but you don't even have them doing that. Doesn't make much sense to me bud. But who knows, maybe he'll have a great year, take a discount for a team that isn't in a desirable location and isn't very good. That happens all the time right?
    25 juill. 2018 à 18 h 50
    Démarrer sujet
    i was actually doing the math (well, I was reusing the tavares tax calculator on tsn), got a phone call, and by the time i hit submit, your post was already up. I certainly didn't mean to make it look like I was stealing your work.

There are some simple premises at work here. Mainly, players always take max term if they can. I did concede that the money would be similar. I think he would get more after taxes on the open market, but there are other perks of the open market. For example, he can sign in a place that isn't freaking dallas. He could sign with a team that is actually good. he could sign with a team that has their top center under control for a bit longer.

I sort of agreed with you that the stars were being the jets and predators I guess. i worded it differently, because they are ridiculously far behind them. They're not a good team, and I don't see them becoming a good team soon. Point being, the deal that was drawn up here for Skinner, even with the tax considerations, is taking a discount. I see no reason why Skinner would take a discount with an organization he has no loyalty to, that isn't in a hockey market (sorry if this offends, but why would a hockey player want to move to texas), isn't good, and doesn't necessarily have a stable future. Not when he can wait a couple months and let teams bid on his services. The only advantage the stars would have in this instance would be the ability to offer 8 years, but you don't even have them doing that. Doesn't make much sense to me bud. But who knows, maybe he'll have a great year, take a discount for a team that isn't in a desirable location and isn't very good. That happens all the time right?

I don't understand why you'e so high on Skinner. I mean, he's definitely a top6 winger, but he's a 50-55pts a year guy. He can score 30, but not consistently. I hope you're not using the E.Kane's contract since it was an overpayment from SJS in terms of money & term. Just look at what JVR got on the open market. JVR is a way better player than E.Kane AND he's not a cancer in the room and a huge A-Hole. 5x7 for JVR on the open market and SJS gives Kane 7x7 while they have his rights...Skinner shouldn't be getting more than JVR since he's done less than him and is less impactful of a player (I know he's younger, but still there's not enough of a difference to really mean something). If Kuznetsov gets 7.8M per, Forsberg gets 6M per, Gaudreau gets 6.875M per, how can Skinner ask for more than that?

So it should clearly not be seen as a discount but his fair value. 7x8M is and would be an overpayment...a massive one.

Thanks, though, for clarifying, in your answer, some of the points I made before. It's appreciated. I like to debate with people, not argue...I have enough of that with the wifey at home!
    Bcarlo25 a aimé ceci.
    25 juill. 2018 à 19 h 11
    Bcarlo25
    I don't understand why you'e so high on Skinner. I mean, he's definitely a top6 winger, but he's a 50-55pts a year guy. He can score 30, but not consistently. I hope you're not using the E.Kane's contract since it was an overpayment from SJS in terms of money & term. Just look at what JVR got on the open market. JVR is a way better player than E.Kane AND he's not a cancer in the room and a huge A-Hole. 5x7 for JVR on the open market and SJS gives Kane 7x7 while they have his rights...Skinner shouldn't be getting more than JVR since he's done less than him and is less impactful of a player (I know he's younger, but still there's not enough of a difference to really mean something). If Kuznetsov gets 7.8M per, Forsberg gets 6M per, Gaudreau gets 6.875M per, how can Skinner ask for more than that?

So it should clearly not be seen as a discount but his fair value. 7x8M is and would be an overpayment...a massive one.

Thanks, though, for clarifying, in your answer, some of the points I made before. It's appreciated. I like to debate with people, not argue...I have enough of that with the wifey at home!

earlier i said that if he has another season similar to last years, this is a fair deal, but if he's on target for another 37 goal season, he'll get paid.

i stand by that.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage