SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Krejci's much needed blanket (i.e. Simmonds) - Flyers fans comment? Part 3 (JT)

Créé par: Bruinsdiehard
Équipe: 2018-19 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 30 mai 2018
Publié: 30 mai 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Combining the Simmonds scenario with my favorite theory for the offseason
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 185 000 $
2910 500 $
1700 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
710 000 000 $
1685 000 $
21 400 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Simmonds, Wayne (1 987 500 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Bruins sign Simmonds to 6.5M/6 year contract extension, with full NMC for first 4 years. Salary funneled into signing bonus for first 5 years to make it buyout proof
PHI
  1. Heinen, Danton
  2. McQuaid, Adam
  3. Senyshyn, Zach
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (BOS)
Détails additionnels:
McQuaid is a salary dump
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de FLA
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2280 000 000 $77 861 168 $774 000 $3 525 000 $2 138 832 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
UFA - 5
900 000 $900 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 7
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AD, AG
UFA - 2
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
1 987 500 $1 987 500 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
910 500 $910 500 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 750 000 $$2M)
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
DD
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
789 167 $789 167 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 185 000 $1 185 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
685 000 $685 000 $
DD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 mai 2018 à 14 h 24
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
I don't really like it from the Flyers side but it's not terrible.
Bruinsdiehard a aimé ceci.
30 mai 2018 à 14 h 30
RyTheGuy
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5
I'm a Flyers fan and can tell you that if we ever did trade Simmonds, his new team should not be offering 6.5mil a year.

He's got heart, the size and the attitude. But other than that, not much. His shooting and passing ability is average and i would think that he's only worth about 4,650,000 a year.

He was playing the entire season with many many injuries and even forgot some of the ones he had when the interviewers were asking him about them,

Also i'm not sure who the players are in the trade coming to philly are, but when trade rumors were happening with Simmonds it was suggested that a package deal could be made with him to get a first round pick.

Example: Simmonds, A 3rd round pick and a low-mid tier prospect for a top 15th overall pick.

Also Boston and Philly have two of the best prospect pools in the whole league and if they ever traded in recent years i could see philly trading one of our goalie prospects to you guys such as Anthony Strolaz or Felix Sandstorm.
30 mai 2018 à 14 h 54
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: RyThePhillyGuy2010
I'm a Flyers fan and can tell you that if we ever did trade Simmonds, his new team should not be offering 6.5mil a year.

He's got heart, the size and the attitude. But other than that, not much. His shooting and passing ability is average and i would think that he's only worth about 4,650,000 a year.

He was playing the entire season with many many injuries and even forgot some of the ones he had when the interviewers were asking him about them,

Also i'm not sure who the players are in the trade coming to philly are, but when trade rumors were happening with Simmonds it was suggested that a package deal could be made with him to get a first round pick.

Example: Simmonds, A 3rd round pick and a low-mid tier prospect for a top 15th overall pick.

Also Boston and Philly have two of the best prospect pools in the whole league and if they ever traded in recent years i could see philly trading one of our goalie prospects to you guys such as Anthony Strolaz or Felix Sandstorm.

6.5M is because of the shorter contract duration. If he offered him 7-8 years then I'd expect that number to be in the Oshie range and even a bit lower. 5-6M most likely.
30 mai 2018 à 15 h 17
RyTheGuy
Well if Simmonds does insist of getting over 5,000,000 a mil, i could see the Flyers singing him to a contract up until they need the cap space to sing the young guys (Konecy, Provrov, Patrick) and then trading Simmonds for a pretty decently high draft pick.
30 mai 2018 à 15 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 10

I'm quite conflicted as to what his new contract should be. Maybe it could be as low as 6M, but if it was any lower, why wouldn't the Flyers just re-sign him? They have the cap space.

He certainly had a productive year if he was indeed that injured. When I read up on Simmonds trade rumors, I got the impression that the flyers were looking for young players who could make an impact. Heinen had 49 points this season, and can play both wings. Senyshyn is Boston's best RW prospect at the moment, but may not quite be ready for the NHL. The Bruins don't have a lot of draft capital to trade with given what they gave away at the trade deadline. So you're saying Philly would prefer picks to players?
30 mai 2018 à 15 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Well if Simmonds does insist of getting over 5,000,000 a mil, i could see the Flyers singing him to a contract up until they need the cap space to sing the young guys (Konecy, Provrov, Patrick) and then trading Simmonds for a pretty decently high draft pick.

That seems like a tough proposition as Simmonds is likely to demand some type of NTC clause, up to a full NMC, for a significant part of whatever new contract he signs.
30 mai 2018 à 15 h 49
RyTheGuy
I don't think it's 100% not possible of Simmonds being traded, after the Brayden Scheen trade happened.

With the Flyers having both the 14th overall and 19th overall pick this year there's a lot of rumors going around that the flyers with "trade down" in the draft for future draft picks, prospects or an already well known player.

If Simmonds happened to be traded, i think it would only happen in a blockbuster trade where the Flyers and the team who trades with the Flyers drastically change from it.

Some people have been talking about him going to the Panthers for Nick Bjustad.
30 mai 2018 à 20 h 9
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,299
so simmons gets 6 mil plus you need to give macavoy 8 million per and carlo 4.5 or 5 million per plus whatever donato turns out to be. Idk
30 mai 2018 à 20 h 36
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,060
That is a no from the Flyers. Heinen could be good but he could also regress big time after a bunch of Bruins had miracle years. The Flyers basically have guys like what you are offering already.
31 mai 2018 à 8 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DirtyDangles
That is a no from the Flyers. Heinen could be good but he could also regress big time after a bunch of Bruins had miracle years. The Flyers basically have guys like what you are offering already.

Interesting. Several Bruins fans find what I'm offering for Simmonds to be a massive overpayment, but there doesn't seem to be consensus among Flyers fans as to whether this would be a good deal for Philly or not. Does your "no" mean you believe the Flyers will keep Simmonds and re-sign him? Or do you think they could get a better deal for him?
31 mai 2018 à 8 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jfstompers
so simmons gets 6 mil plus you need to give macavoy 8 million per and carlo 4.5 or 5 million per plus whatever donato turns out to be. Idk

That is a huge issue with this particular version of the trade. In the other scenarios where I didn't have the Bruins signing JT, they had plenty of cap space to sign their RFAs to even lucrative contracts. But in this version, they would really have to stand tough in negotiations on deals for McAvoy and Carlo (I disagree with what your proposed values are - I see McAvoy at 6-7M and Carlo at 3-4M), or move money in the following offseason. The trouble is, in my previous JT scenarios, I often had the Bruins getting a great year out of Krejci and then trading him, or if still manages to decline even at the 3C position they would just buy his contract out. But the whole point of trading for Simmonds is to play him with Krejci, so that doesn't really make sense in this scenario. And I don't even bother dreaming up fantasies of how the Bruins can rid themselves of Backes - the Bruins will end up paying him every cent that contract is worth.
31 mai 2018 à 8 h 48
Démarrer sujet
I don't think it's 100% not possible of Simmonds being traded, after the Brayden Scheen trade happened.

With the Flyers having both the 14th overall and 19th overall pick this year there's a lot of rumors going around that the flyers with "trade down" in the draft for future draft picks, prospects or an already well known player.

If Simmonds happened to be traded, i think it would only happen in a blockbuster trade where the Flyers and the team who trades with the Flyers drastically change from it.

Some people have been talking about him going to the Panthers for Nick Bjustad.

Well, there doesn't seem to be consensus on Simmonds value among either Flyers or Bruins fans. The Flyers don't want to re-sign him and would rather trade him; some think he's regressed ever so slightly and isn't worth the money; most Bruins fans think what I've offered in all my trade scenarios is an overpayment and would do it; the Flyers don't seem to have any demanding need (outside of a top caliber goaltender); some Flyers fans think I'm not offering enough for Simmonds for the Flyers to want to do the deal lol. And then you suggest he would be part of a franchise altering trade, signifying you think he's a massive piece to be dealt.

And this is to say nothing of the contract extension I proposed for him. Most people don't think it should be more than 6M, and for those Flyers fans who think it should be even less than that - why wouldnn't the Flyers just re-sign him at that point? They have the cap space?
31 mai 2018 à 8 h 52
Banni
Quoting: Bruinsdiehard
Interesting. Several Bruins fans find what I'm offering for Simmonds to be a massive overpayment, but there doesn't seem to be consensus among Flyers fans as to whether this would be a good deal for Philly or not. Does your "no" mean you believe the Flyers will keep Simmonds and re-sign him? Or do you think they could get a better deal for him?

I think we can get a better deal. We already have plenty of prospect that should be able to play a bottom 6 role, which is where I see Heinen. Senyshyn looks like he could be a complete bust and McQuaid is just a cap dump. I also don't see a 3rd compensating us enough for the retention on his contract. So basically it breaks down to this for me...

Simmonds with retention for Heinen and a cap dump. That isn't close.
31 mai 2018 à 9 h 7
Démarrer sujet
I think we can get a better deal. We already have plenty of prospect that should be able to play a bottom 6 role, which is where I see Heinen. Senyshyn looks like he could be a complete bust and McQuaid is just a cap dump. I also don't see a 3rd compensating us enough for the retention on his contract. So basically it breaks down to this for me...

Well I understand your desire to see the Flyers maybe swing for the fences on a deal, but I don't think they have a ton of leverage in this situation. Simmonds only has a year left before being due a raise (how much is obviously the subject of debate), and the Flyers shopping him around tells teams they either don't want to re-sign him or can't re-sign him.

This particular deal skewed more in the Bruins favor than any of the 3 (with the DeBrusk/Heinen deal being the most favorable to the Flyers and the Heinen/Bjork trade I think being the most fair to both sides), so I can see why it may not peak your interest. But I think you're being way too harsh putting Heinen's ceiling as a "bottom 6 role". I'm personally not a big fan of his, but I think he's still got plenty of potential, and his role can't possibly be defined after only 1 full season in the NHL.

And regarding the compensation for McQuaid - I think that's more than fair. He's only got 1 year left on his contract at 2.75M and the Flyers have plenty of cap space. What were you expecting, a 1st rounder lol?
31 mai 2018 à 10 h 34
Banni
Well I understand your desire to see the Flyers maybe swing for the fences on a deal, but I don't think they have a ton of leverage in this situation. Simmonds only has a year left before being due a raise (how much is obviously the subject of debate), and the Flyers shopping him around tells teams they either don't want to re-sign him or can't re-sign him.

This particular deal skewed more in the Bruins favor than any of the 3 (with the DeBrusk/Heinen deal being the most favorable to the Flyers and the Heinen/Bjork trade I think being the most fair to both sides), so I can see why it may not peak your interest. But I think you're being way too harsh putting Heinen's ceiling as a "bottom 6 role". I'm personally not a big fan of his, but I think he's still got plenty of potential, and his role can't possibly be defined after only 1 full season in the NHL.

And regarding the compensation for McQuaid - I think that's more than fair. He's only got 1 year left on his contract at 2.75M and the Flyers have plenty of cap space. What were you expecting, a 1st rounder lol?

A Simmonds extension is more than likely in Philly. We can afford anything he asks for basically so we have no need to just dump him off and not get what he is worth. Also, yes I think a 1st would suffice for retaining on Simmonds and taking on McQuaid.
31 mai 2018 à 10 h 56
Démarrer sujet
A Simmonds extension is more than likely in Philly. We can afford anything he asks for basically so we have no need to just dump him off and not get what he is worth. Also, yes I think a 1st would suffice for retaining on Simmonds and taking on McQuaid.

Lol then you're delusional. I could see maybe meeting in the middle and offering their 2nd rounder in this upcoming draft (because it is so low in the round), but all of this money is on the books for 1 year and then comes off, so there are no long -term implications. But there are always bottom feeding teams looking to take on contracts and the Bruins could easily just trade McQuaid to another team if Philadelphia insisted on a 1st rounder.
31 mai 2018 à 11 h 12
Banni
Lol then you're delusional. I could see maybe meeting in the middle and offering their 2nd rounder in this upcoming draft (because it is so low in the round), but all of this money is on the books for 1 year and then comes off, so there are no long -term implications. But there are always bottom feeding teams looking to take on contracts and the Bruins could easily just trade McQuaid to another team if Philadelphia insisted on a 1st rounder.

How am I delusional? You would have to pay us a 3rd to take on McQuaid and retaining $2 mil on a player like Simmer will bump that to a 1st. Anyways, this trade never happens so all this is moot.
31 mai 2018 à 11 h 43
Démarrer sujet
How am I delusional? You would have to pay us a 3rd to take on McQuaid and retaining $2 mil on a player like Simmer will bump that to a 1st. Anyways, this trade never happens so all this is moot.

The 3rd wasn't just for taking on McQuaid. Look at the Rick Nash deal the Bruins did with the Rangers? The Bruins got Nash for what was likely their 1st and Ryan Spooner, and then were able to unload half of Beleskey's contract (who still had 3 years left on his deal!) and get NY to retain 50% of Nash and it cost them an extra 7th rounder and a D prospect who was drafted at the end of the 2nd round. And most people think Boston got fleeced in that deal. And you want the Bruins to pay a 1st rounder to have the Flyers take on about 4M in cap space for 1 year, and most of that money being from a guy who can still be a serviceable D-man (whereas in the Nash deal, the Rangers have to take on Beleskey who isn't an NHL player anymore and will likely remain in the AHL for the remainder of that contract) ? That's how I think you're delusional.
31 mai 2018 à 12 h 5
Banni
The 3rd wasn't just for taking on McQuaid. Look at the Rick Nash deal the Bruins did with the Rangers? The Bruins got Nash for what was likely their 1st and Ryan Spooner, and then were able to unload half of Beleskey's contract (who still had 3 years left on his deal!) and get NY to retain 50% of Nash and it cost them an extra 7th rounder and a D prospect who was drafted at the end of the 2nd round. And most people think Boston got fleeced in that deal. And you want the Bruins to pay a 1st rounder to have the Flyers take on about 4M in cap space for 1 year, and most of that money being from a guy who can still be a serviceable D-man (whereas in the Nash deal, the Rangers have to take on Beleskey who isn't an NHL player anymore and will likely remain in the AHL for the remainder of that contract) ? That's how I think you're delusional.

I already broke down what it looks like to me and the Flyers say no.
31 mai 2018 à 14 h 21
RyTheGuy
Well, there doesn't seem to be consensus on Simmonds value among either Flyers or Bruins fans. The Flyers don't want to re-sign him and would rather trade him; some think he's regressed ever so slightly and isn't worth the money; most Bruins fans think what I've offered in all my trade scenarios is an overpayment and would do it; the Flyers don't seem to have any demanding need (outside of a top caliber goaltender); some Flyers fans think I'm not offering enough for Simmonds for the Flyers to want to do the deal lol. And then you suggest he would be part of a franchise altering trade, signifying you think he's a massive piece to be dealt.

And this is to say nothing of the contract extension I proposed for him. Most people don't think it should be more than 6M, and for those Flyers fans who think it should be even less than that - why wouldnn't the Flyers just re-sign him at that point? They have the cap space?

The flyers do have the cap space to sign Simmonds, but the guy we drafted last year, Nolan Patrick does what Simmonds does (Play in front of the net) and passes and shoots better than Simmonds. Patrick myay not be as physical, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
31 mai 2018 à 17 h 50
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,299
That is a huge issue with this particular version of the trade. In the other scenarios where I didn't have the Bruins signing JT, they had plenty of cap space to sign their RFAs to even lucrative contracts. But in this version, they would really have to stand tough in negotiations on deals for McAvoy and Carlo (I disagree with what your proposed values are - I see McAvoy at 6-7M and Carlo at 3-4M), or move money in the following offseason. The trouble is, in my previous JT scenarios, I often had the Bruins getting a great year out of Krejci and then trading him, or if still manages to decline even at the 3C position they would just buy his contract out. But the whole point of trading for Simmonds is to play him with Krejci, so that doesn't really make sense in this scenario. And I don't even bother dreaming up fantasies of how the Bruins can rid themselves of Backes - the Bruins will end up paying him every cent that contract is worth.

I agree this team probably can't sign a high price free agent unless they can rid themselves of krejci or backes. They should have enough money to sign there rfas bug honestly I'm not a huge carlo guy so I wouldn't mind him getting dealt in this whole mess.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage