SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

how much would it take for COL to trade up at the draft? (Kotkaniemi)

28 avr. 2018 à 19 h 58
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,065
COL has the 16th overall pick in the 2018 draft. However, I have my eye on Jesperi Kotkaniemi. most places ive looked have him ranked in the 10-20 range (some even have him in the top 10), and I would love him on the Avs (draws comparisons to Mikko Rantanen: JK had 29 points in 57 games in Liiga as a 17 year old and MR had 28 points in 56 games in Liiga as an 18 year old. Both are Finnish forwards who had similar production in the same league in their draft years and i think MR could help mentor JK a few years down the line).

since Kotkaniemi is one of the few top centremen available, he may be picked earlier than draft rankings suggest.

So, assuming the Avs were to trade up at the draft for Kotkaniemi:

1) how high of a pick should they aim for to land kotkaniemi?
and
2) how much would it cost them? (they would swap their 16th overall for the __th overall pick, so what would they need to add in addition to that 16th overall pick for the trade to work?)
28 avr. 2018 à 20 h 11
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,665
Quoting: moli92
COL has the 16th overall pick in the 2018 draft. However, I have my eye on Jesperi Kotkaniemi. most places ive looked have him ranked in the 10-20 range (some even have him in the top 10), and I would love him on the Avs (draws comparisons to Mikko Rantanen: JK had 29 points in 57 games in Liiga as a 17 year old and MR had 28 points in 56 games in Liiga as an 18 year old. Both are Finnish forwards who had similar production in the same league in their draft years and i think MR could help mentor JK a few years down the line).

since Kotkaniemi is one of the few top centremen available, he may be picked earlier than draft rankings suggest.

and
2) how much would it cost them? (they would swap their 16th overall for the __th overall pick, so what would they need to add in addition to that 16th overall pick for the trade to work?)

They might be able to take him at 16 ... if they want to go to 12th or so i'd say they'd probably need to give up a mid-2nd and a prospect maybe?
28 avr. 2018 à 20 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
They might be able to take him at 16 ... if they want to go to 12th or so i'd say they'd probably need to give up a mid-2nd and a prospect maybe?

according to most rankings its roughly 50/50 odds that hes available at 16. But If i was Sakic i would definitely be willing to give up a 2nd and a prospect to increase our chances and move up to 12 if thats what it takes
28 avr. 2018 à 20 h 29
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138

and

If you want to move up a couple of slots it usually costs a 3rd round pick to do it....... So your pick and your 3rd round pick.....Of course that's only to move up from like 15th to 13th..... And that obviously depends on who teams have their eye on..... Moving up from like 8th to 4th would probably cost #8 overall and next seasons first round pick.
28 avr. 2018 à 22 h 29
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,665
according to most rankings its roughly 50/50 odds that hes available at 16. But If i was Sakic i would definitely be willing to give up a 2nd and a prospect to increase our chances and move up to 12 if thats what it takes

Actually, when i mentioned that, i wasn't actually being smart enough to think about who has the 12th pick. The Isles are at 12 and have no reason to move down now that i think about it. I'm an Islanders (and Rangers fan) fan and don't see any reason to move down. But if the Avs want #12, well, you could get it if the Isles get a top 4 (or maybe even top 2, if they add) d-man. Like Barrie for example, but i doubt he gets moved.
29 avr. 2018 à 15 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Actually, when i mentioned that, i wasn't actually being smart enough to think about who has the 12th pick. The Isles are at 12 and have no reason to move down now that i think about it. I'm an Islanders (and Rangers fan) fan and don't see any reason to move down. But if the Avs want #12, well, you could get it if the Isles get a top 4 (or maybe even top 2, if they add) d-man. Like Barrie for example, but i doubt he gets moved.

Barrie would 100% not be on the table if COL was only moving up 5 spots in the draft.
DoctorBreakfast a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage