Forums/Armchair-GM

Creative Tavares contract offer

Créé par: joshelkin
Équipe: 2018-19 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 17 avr. 2018
Publié: 17 avr. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let me start by saying this: anybody who thinks or claims they know what Tavares will do is full of it. I honestly don't even believe John or his agent fully know yet. So before anyone may say "oh this will never happen" just give it a rest please.

What we DO know:
- Tavares loves Long Island
- Tavares wants to bring a Stanley Cup (ideally) to NYI
- Tavares is loyal, perhaps to a fault

My point is this. He's only 27. IF the Islanders make some organizational changes before July 1, the new GM should have the opportunity to pitch Tavares his plan. Rumor has it Tom Fitzgerald may become next GM and Garth moving upstairs.

Would Tavares entertain such a deal discussed below?
8 years / $10.5M AAV with a PLAYER opt-out clause after 2 seasons. So, should something like a catastrophic injury happen, Tavares is financially secure. He doesn't HAVE to opt-out.

This is a hail mary attempt to keep Tavares and he gives the franchise one more chance to prove themselves. Two years is enough time for the new GM to re-shuffle the roster. Should they fail, Tavares can opt-out at 29 years old and still break the bank. Arguably, Tavares works out better in the long term anyway. He would still get a 7 year deal at a $10M+ AAV. Perhaps closer to $11M or $12M based on where the cap is going. And he gets paid through age 36 as opposed to 35.

I don't think the idea is too farfetched.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
810 500 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de CGY
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
180 000 000 $10 500 000 $0 $0 $69 500 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 7
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 5
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 6
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
C, AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 avr. 2018 à 18 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 211
This is very interesting. I haven't seen this kind of contract clause before and if Tavares were to do this then it would set quite the precedent for future free agents.
17 avr. 2018 à 18 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,807
Quoting: bluedemon5
This is very interesting. I haven't seen this kind of contract clause before and if Tavares were to do this then it would set quite the precedent for future free agents.

Gotta be honest I'm not even sure if it's permitted in the CBA. But it's allowed in other major sports so I figured why not.
17 avr. 2018 à 18 h 34
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
God, Islanders fans are like an obsessive ex-spouse, look you gotta get it through your heads that Tavares doesn't want to be with Long Island anymore... The relationship is over, it's in the past. Just value the memories you have, the good times. You gotta move on and talk to some different free agents because Tavares doesn't want to be with you anymore. He's probably packing his stuff as a write this..

It just didn't work out.

Geez.

Denial doesn't help..
17 avr. 2018 à 18 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 930
Quoting: HawksFan28
God, Islanders fans are like an obsessive ex-spouse, look you gotta get it through your heads that Tavares doesn't want to be with Long Island anymore... The relationship is over, it's in the past. Just value the memories you have, the good times. You gotta move on and talk to some different free agents because Tavares doesn't want to be with you anymore. He's probably packing his stuff as a write this..

It just didn't work out.

Geez.

Denial doesn't help..

I mean they are losing a superstar youd never hear a hawks fan stop crying if Patrick kane were to not sign an extension so I understand why they'd be upset? Also I like this contract it's quite interesting
17 avr. 2018 à 18 h 45
HawksFan28
Quoting: Dylan1995
I mean they are losing a superstar youd never hear a hawks fan stop crying if Patrick kane were to not sign an extension so I understand why they'd be upset? Also I like this contract it's quite interesting

1. It was a joke.
2. If you could do contracts like this they would have been done before, so I'm certain that it violates the CBA.
17 avr. 2018 à 20 h 9
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
1. It was a joke.
2. If you could do contracts like this they would have been done before, so I'm certain that it violates the CBA.

Yeah, like trading a player to one team, but half his contract to another team.....

Anyway, I still think Tavares for Carlson makes the Islanders a lot better, and the Caps end up just as good, but with a roster spot to bring Green back.
17 avr. 2018 à 22 h 56
HawksFan28
Quoting: Eli
Yeah, like trading a player to one team, but half his contract to another team.....

Anyway, I still think Tavares for Carlson makes the Islanders a lot better, and the Caps end up just as good, but with a roster spot to bring Green back.

Obviously you're talking about a sign & trade. That would be interesting but the logistics are kinda complicated, and I would think Washington would have to offer up more. Backstrom for Tavares seems right.

I see Tavares signing in Vegas. They need a face for their franchise, they're a good team, they have a bright future and they have the cap space.

If it's about money the Rangers will probably offer the most. You can bet they would love to poach Tavares - just because, lol.
Eli a aimé ceci.
17 avr. 2018 à 23 h 5
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Obviously you're talking about a sign & trade. That would be interesting but the logistics are kinda complicated, and I would think Washington would have to offer up more. Backstrom for Tavares seems right.

I see Tavares signing in Vegas. They need a face for their franchise, they're a good team, they have a bright future and they have the cap space.

If it's about money the Rangers will probably offer the most. You can bet they would love to poach Tavares - just because, lol.

If it's about linemates and teammates, he probably is okay with Ovechkin and Oshie for twenty minutes a night, and Braden Holtby backing him up, though.

And nobody's offering to throw in Nick Backstrom, and three different Isles fans so far think the Norris favorite is a good enough return for their about-to-be-overpaid about-to-be-second-line center.

From the players' standpoint, Carlson is reported to want to be closer to his childhood home of New Jersey. Tavares is reported to want a chance to win the Cup. Ovechkin and Backstrom are among the active leaders in playoff points per game. Holtby is the active leader in playoff save percentage. If he wants an automatic cup, he offers himself at 3M to play 4C in Pittsburgh and doesn't even have to work out. But if he just wants a chance, and also wants to be sure he retires as fabulously wealthy as he can imagine, he takes an eight year deal at a slightly reasonable cap hit to join a team with a three or four year competitive window before it blows up and lets him have a lot of say in where he goes next. Washington has made such deals before with Ovechkin and Oshie. Yes, the logistics are tricker than each player just signing and staying put. Washington also loses a #1 defenseman. So it's a good thing they've got one or two more.
17 avr. 2018 à 23 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,807
Did some research... Section 11.13 of the CBA does not allow options. Womp.
18 avr. 2018 à 15 h 10
HawksFan28
Quoting: Eli
If it's about linemates and teammates, he probably is okay with Ovechkin and Oshie for twenty minutes a night, and Braden Holtby backing him up, though.

And nobody's offering to throw in Nick Backstrom, and three different Isles fans so far think the Norris favorite is a good enough return for their about-to-be-overpaid about-to-be-second-line center.

From the players' standpoint, Carlson is reported to want to be closer to his childhood home of New Jersey. Tavares is reported to want a chance to win the Cup. Ovechkin and Backstrom are among the active leaders in playoff points per game. Holtby is the active leader in playoff save percentage. If he wants an automatic cup, he offers himself at 3M to play 4C in Pittsburgh and doesn't even have to work out. But if he just wants a chance, and also wants to be sure he retires as fabulously wealthy as he can imagine, he takes an eight year deal at a slightly reasonable cap hit to join a team with a three or four year competitive window before it blows up and lets him have a lot of say in where he goes next. Washington has made such deals before with Ovechkin and Oshie. Yes, the logistics are tricker than each player just signing and staying put. Washington also loses a #1 defenseman. So it's a good thing they've got one or two more.

How often do you see a sign & trade in hockey tho?

I suppose right now Washington & NYI could swap Tavares for Carlson's negotiating rights if that's whats been discussed..

I'm a fan of neither team so I'm indifferent. IMO, I just think Washington would have to offer up more than just Carlson for Tavares, I mean Tavares is by far the better player....

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage