SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Big plans if Dahlin

Équipe: 2018-19 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 9 mars 2018
Publié: 11 mars 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I've been playing with this idea for a while.

Assuming the Habs get lucky and win the lottery:
1) Draft Dahlin;
2) Make a deal for Eriksson Ek, whatever that entails;
3) Open the bank to the Sedin brothers to play 2 more years in Montreal for a lot of money. Their job is to play, have fun and mentor the heck out of Dahlin and Eriksson Ek. Teach them to be pros.
4) Swap Alzner (a working man's D) to Dallas for Methot, who is damaged goods and not helping Dallas at a time when they're really a decent contender.
5) Make the big deal with Carolina -- Price, Pacioretty and Lehkonen -- for five prospects and a top pick. Carolina's owner gets to fast-track his team.
6) Habs flip Byron, Bitten and Methot to Ottawa -- all three hometowners --
for Pageau, who ticks a lot of boxes for Montreal and gets the Sens' best Hab killer away from them.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 800 000 $
3900 000 $
3900 000 $
2750 000 $
3920 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
Dahlin, Rasmus
3950 000 $
Schuldt, Jimmy
3950 000 $
33 000 000 $
32 400 000 $
28 400 000 $
28 400 000 $
32 750 000 $
Transactions
CAR
  1. Lehkonen, Artturi
  2. Pacioretty, Max
  3. Price, Carey (2 500 000 $ retained)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (MTL)
MTL
    Traded for a pick at the 2018 draft
    MTL
      Traded for a pick at the 2018 draft
      MIN
      1. Galchenyuk, Alex
      2. Valiev, Rinat
      Détails additionnels:
      Rights to McCarron
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de CAR
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2479 000 000 $75 464 642 $0 $2 057 500 $3 535 358 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 5
      3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 2
      3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 3
      8 400 000 $8 400 000 $
      AG
      UFA
      8 400 000 $8 400 000 $
      C
      UFA
      894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
      C
      UFA - 1
      3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
      C
      UFA - 2
      2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
      C
      UFA - 4
      3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 4
      2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
      C
      UFA - 3
      900 000 $900 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 2
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance175 000 $$175K)
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      650 000 $650 000 $
      C, AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      950 000 $950 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 2
      2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 3
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      Dahlin, Rasmus
      950 000 $950 000 $
      7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
      DD
      UFA - 8
      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
      G
      UFA - 3
      748 333 $748 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
      DG/DD
      UFA - 2
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      DD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 3
      2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
      DD
      UFA - 2
      725 000 $725 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 1
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      DG/DD
      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      11 mars 2018 à 16 h 15
      Rejoint: juin 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 552
      Three big assumptions:
      1) win the lottery.
      2) pry the Sedins to Montreal.
      3) pull off the biggest blockbuster since Gretzky

Aside from that, it's fantastic, buddy!!
      11 mars 2018 à 16 h 16
      Démarrer sujet
      Mentions "j'aime": 430
      Quoting: HabsRafiki
      Three big assumptions:
      1) win the lottery.
      2) pry the Sedins to Montreal.
      3) pull off the biggest blockbuster since Gretzky

Aside from that, it's fantastic, buddy!!

So you don't like it?
      11 mars 2018 à 16 h 17
      Quoting: Truebeliever
      So you don't like it?

No, I like it. I just don't believe in miracles generally.
      11 mars 2018 à 16 h 29
      HawksFan28
      Rejoint: déc. 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 138
      LOL, why would Carolina do that deal? so basically Carolina gives Montreal half of their team because they get Cary Price? lol..

Cary Price isn't worth much - especially with his contract.

C'mon man, that trade screws Carolina over so bad - I'm insulted and I'm not even a Canes fan. lol
      TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
      11 mars 2018 à 17 h 13
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: HawksFan28
      LOL, why would Carolina do that deal? so basically Carolina gives Montreal half of their team because they get Cary Price? lol..

C'mon man, that trade screws Carolina over so bad - I'm insulted and I'm not even a Canes fan. lol

I disagree. Was careful to trade only "future" for present. The only current player in that mix is Rask. The rest aren't part of the team. Gauthier is 50/50. Roy is a maybe. Foegele has a little more upside, but has been slow to develop. Fleury is very solid, but he isn't yet core to the team, especially as Bean is coming in (you'll note I didn't even mention Hanifin). Maybe the flip of a 1st for a 2nd was a little over the top, but you've gotta ask.

Ron Francis was fired because his owner didn't like that he wouldn't put his chips in the game. Carey Price back in form -- at $8M -- is a very good bet. Pacioretty would need to re-sign, so that would have had to have been pre-negotiated. Those two players alone would make Carolina a much better team.
      11 mars 2018 à 17 h 14
      Quoting: HawksFan28

It's bad, but the insult is to Price. The only real hockey player in there is Fleury. The rest are "maybes" at best.
      11 mars 2018 à 17 h 18
      Démarrer sujet
      It's bad, but the insult is to Price. The only real hockey player in there is Fleury. The rest are "maybes" at best.

The only reason to trade Price is to hit reset. Watching the way the team plays in front of Niemi tells me that the team needs depth and coaching more than a great goalie right now. Sacrificing Price to build a new generation is the reasoning behind this.
      11 mars 2018 à 17 h 53
      HawksFan28
      I disagree. Was careful to trade only "future" for present. The only current player in that mix is Rask. The rest aren't part of the team. Gauthier is 50/50. Roy is a maybe. Foegele has a little more upside, but has been slow to develop. Fleury is very solid, but he isn't yet core to the team, especially as Bean is coming in (you'll note I didn't even mention Hanifin). Maybe the flip of a 1st for a 2nd was a little over the top, but you've gotta ask.

Ron Francis was fired because his owner didn't like that he wouldn't put his chips in the game. Carey Price back in form -- at $8M -- is a very good bet. Pacioretty would need to re-sign, so that would have had to have been pre-negotiated. Those two players alone would make Carolina a much better team.

Carey Price isn't the answer.... Goalies at 8 per (10 actually) are never the answer....

That package is way too much for a player that will make little difference in a team that is worse off (outside of goalie) after the trade..... It would be a lateral move at best.
      11 mars 2018 à 17 h 55
      HawksFan28
      The only reason to trade Price is to hit reset. Watching the way the team plays in front of Niemi tells me that the team needs depth and coaching more than a great goalie right now. Sacrificing Price to build a new generation is the reasoning behind this.

Yea, but I don't see why Carolina does it... Makes no sense... This is not addition by subtraction..
      11 mars 2018 à 18 h 24
      Rejoint: janv. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 865
      Giving five stars because Warren Foegele's part of the return but one star because your trading Price, so three stars.
      12 mars 2018 à 0 h 54
      Rejoint: janv. 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 4,808
      No way I would even consider that trade if I were Carolina's GM. Terrible for them, outstanding for Montreal, and trades have to work for both teams!
      HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
      12 mars 2018 à 8 h 26
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: TJTwolf
      No way I would even consider that trade if I were Carolina's GM. Terrible for them, outstanding for Montreal, and trades have to work for both teams!

Is the problem the "ask" or is it that Carolina has no use for Price? Worded differently, is there a basis for a deal with some of these players?
      HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
      12 mars 2018 à 9 h 44

Only Fleury has skated any meaningful games in the NHL. The rest are all prospects and only Foegele is in the Top 100 (Hockey News). Gauthier is a 4th liner (you might remember how he started his draft year in the top 10 and fell to 21st. He seems to still be falling). If Roy makes it, it will be as a grinder. As I said above, I wouldn't make this deal but because the prospects are too high risk. Sam Pollock would always say "get the best player in the deal." In this case, by far the two best players would be going to Carolina. It's a bad deal for that reason.
      12 mars 2018 à 9 h 47
      Is the problem the "ask" or is it that Carolina has no use for Price? Worded differently, is there a basis for a deal with some of these players?

Be thankful he said "no" and move on. Roy and Gauthier have "Freddy Gauthier" (or McCarron) written all over them. Trade Price straight up for one real star -- a Draisaitl-level talent -- and forget the restocking-the-cupboard crap.
      12 mars 2018 à 18 h 39
      Only Fleury has skated any meaningful games in the NHL. The rest are all prospects and only Foegele is in the Top 100 (Hockey News). Gauthier is a 4th liner (you might remember how he started his draft year in the top 10 and fell to 21st. He seems to still be falling). If Roy makes it, it will be as a grinder. As I said above, I wouldn't make this deal but because the prospects are too high risk. Sam Pollock would always say "get the best player in the deal." In this case, by far the two best players would be going to Carolina. It's a bad deal for that reason.

So Rask hasn't skated in 308 NHL games and scored 150 plus points? Foegele is a highly rated prospect. Gauthier may just be late blooming and is still only 20. Fleury a highly rated prospect. Plus their first in 2019. Way to rip out a bunch of building blocks for an overpriced goalie however good he is, (and recently hasn't been that great when not injured), when that extension kicks in it stinks, Pacioretty is signed for a season then could be gone and a reasonable winger who is older than all the prospects that are going from Carolina plus a second. Carolina can easily go with Darling and maybe re-sign Ward as veteran back up and have young goalies to develop. No need for Price, just like pretty much every other team in the league.
      12 mars 2018 à 18 h 39
      Be thankful he said "no" and move on. Roy and Gauthier have "Freddy Gauthier" (or McCarron) written all over them. Trade Price straight up for one real star -- a Draisaitl-level talent -- and forget the restocking-the-cupboard crap.

Deluded.
      12 mars 2018 à 18 h 42

I honestly think the Habs are stuck with Price. He has to waive a NMC and I can't see him waiving to go to almost any of the clubs who could afford him. Your best bet is to forget trading Price and move Pacioretty for some of those pieces, if you're really interested in them.
      13 mars 2018 à 6 h 48
      Démarrer sujet
      I honestly think the Habs are stuck with Price. He has to waive a NMC and I can't see him waiving to go to almost any of the clubs who could afford him. Your best bet is to forget trading Price and move Pacioretty for some of those pieces, if you're really interested in them.

Pacioretty won't be hard to move . Price won't stay in Montreal if he feels he's not wanted/needed there. No one is that big a glutton for punishment.
      HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
      13 mars 2018 à 10 h 30
      Modifié 13 mars 2018 à 10 h 53
      Pacioretty won't be hard to move . Price won't stay in Montreal if he feels he's not wanted/needed there. No one is that big a glutton for punishment.

That's a fair point and nobody knows what's been said behind closed doors. However, if that comes out as being the case and with that albatross contract around his neck then his value will plummet further. I don't think if Price does get moved he will bring back anywhere near what Habs fans hope or expect. Agreed on Pacioretty. Somebody will take a punt on him, and it would be understandable if all he wants is to get out now to go somewhere to try and win. He's currently Montreal's best trade asset imho, excluding the ones the Habs would want to hold onto. Stick with Price, develop a very young good goalie for 4 or 5 years time when the 10 mil probably won't look quite so bad, and he can slowly phase into a back up role and mentor, albeit an expensive one!

I actually don't think the Habs are as far away as a lot of people (and their results) suggest. If the Habs could build a stingy D around Price, whilst it wouldn't be pretty, it could be successful whilst some young forwards develop. If I remember right the last cup win was built round a top goalie, a stingy D unit (who were also good at moving the puck forward) and a lot of good defensive/two way forwards. Great team but the only major star on it was Roy. Admittedly some went on to excellent careers but there were no Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, Coffey, Messier etc etc type players in there (Savard maybe but he was on the decline). The way the game is going now under the salary cap era I think that is going to be the way teams may have to try and go, and that is probably an excellent team to try and model on.

I forgot to say, whilst looking at the trades that I actually like the idea of the Sedin brothers in MTL. Mainly because they could handle the pressure as older guys, help solidify things for a bit, mentor a little, and I actually think you could get them for far less than you have signed them for. Whilst the Sedins maybe aren't the best defensively, if you add a few other Swedes, they have always appeared to me to be (arguably) the best 2-way nation (yeah I know, the Canadians & Americans on here ain't gonna like that! LOL! I would say French-Canada probably produced the next best historically so the Habs should have an advantage in finding them and keeping them) and I think that's probably a big part of their international success. That could be a route for MTL to replicate the '93 cup. Just a few thoughts on the Habs from an outsider.
      13 mars 2018 à 13 h 28
      Démarrer sujet
      That's a fair point and nobody knows what's been said behind closed doors. However, if that comes out as being the case and with that albatross contract around his neck then his value will plummet further. I don't think if Price does get moved he will bring back anywhere near what Habs fans hope or expect. Agreed on Pacioretty. Somebody will take a punt on him, and it would be understandable if all he wants is to get out now to go somewhere to try and win. He's currently Montreal's best trade asset imho, excluding the ones the Habs would want to hold onto. Stick with Price, develop a very young good goalie for 4 or 5 years time when the 10 mil probably won't look quite so bad, and he can slowly phase into a back up role and mentor, albeit an expensive one!

I actually don't think the Habs are as far away as a lot of people (and their results) suggest. If the Habs could build a stingy D around Price, whilst it wouldn't be pretty, it could be successful whilst some young forwards develop. If I remember right the last cup win was built round a top goalie, a stingy D unit (who were also good at moving the puck forward) and a lot of good defensive/two way forwards. Great team but the only major star on it was Roy. Admittedly some went on to excellent careers but there were no Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, Coffey, Messier etc etc type players in there (Savard maybe but he was on the decline). The way the game is going now under the salary cap era I think that is going to be the way teams may have to try and go, and that is probably an excellent team to try and model on.

I forgot to say, whilst looking at the trades that I actually like the idea of the Sedin brothers in MTL. Mainly because they could handle the pressure as older guys, help solidify things for a bit, mentor a little, and I actually think you could get them for far less than you have signed them for. Whilst the Sedins maybe aren't the best defensively, if you add a few other Swedes, they have always appeared to me to be (arguably) the best 2-way nation (yeah I know, the Canadians & Americans on here ain't gonna like that! LOL! I would say French-Canada probably produced the next best historically so the Habs should have an advantage in finding them and keeping them) and I think that's probably a big part of their international success. That could be a route for MTL to replicate the '93 cup. Just a few thoughts on the Habs from an outsider.

Thanks. That is quite possibly the most thorough and thoughtful comment I've read on this site ever. I appreciate it.

I agree the Habs aren't that far away from being pretty good, but it could be shortlived if they don't do something about fixing the scouting/development system. I'm not saying they don't often get excellent players through the draft, but they don't develop them with any plan. It's all just about creating plug-and-play robots.
      13 mars 2018 à 15 h 19
      Thanks. That is quite possibly the most thorough and thoughtful comment I've read on this site ever. I appreciate it.

I agree the Habs aren't that far away from being pretty good, but it could be shortlived if they don't do something about fixing the scouting/development system. I'm not saying they don't often get excellent players through the draft, but they don't develop them with any plan. It's all just about creating plug-and-play robots.

You're very welcome. I have only one word to say when it comes to scouting/development much as it pains me to as an Avs fan.........Detroit. They're the team to emulate in that field.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage