Forums/Armchair-GM

MTL 18-19

Créé par: pilger1989
Équipe: 2018-19 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 10 mars 2018
Publié: 10 mars 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
You'd have to think Petry at 4.5 mill would be a very attractive trading piece. Green is needed for the Powerplay.

Pacioretty for Vilardi in some vein is an attractive option. Surefire top line C. Might need more with Muzzin included also but Schlemko instead frees up some cap for them.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
33 800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
25 000 000 $
Transactions
LAK
  1. Pacioretty, Max
  2. Schlemko, David
Détails additionnels:
2018 2nd round pick
CAR
  1. Petry, Jeff (1 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2019 (MTL)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2380 000 000 $70 787 975 $0 $782 500 $9 212 025 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
C
UFA - 3
5 725 000 $5 725 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
839 166 $839 166 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance175 000 $$175K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
1 166 667 $1 166 667 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
C
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 8
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 8
4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 3
748 333 $748 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG/DD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DD
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 mars 2018 à 11 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 14
I would be happy if that happen for real!
10 mars 2018 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 24
WOW - going into a season with Danault as your #1C does't smell like success.
Have we not learned anything in the last two decades with guys like Plekanec, Desharnais, Koivu?
These were/are good centers but they were never true #1C's - the limited success they did have only clouded our perception and because of that we never really made a push for a true #1.
Our last true #1 C was Damphouse that was over 20 years ago.

With 10M in cap space - go out and find a true #1 C to hold the fort until Vilardi is ready .

Lastly, what has Danault done to warrant such a salary? coming off his ELC and a RFA - he should be getting no more than 2.5M/year. If he wants to sign a bridge deal (2-3 years), I'd say lower that number to 2M.
10 mars 2018 à 11 h 59
Habs
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 384
Petry is a good piece at $4.5M, he is a good piece at $5.5M, but Carolina has some good defenceman and I think skinner is more of the type of player they need not Petry.

I don't think that LA trade would work either. Muzzin is a big part of their team, losing him and their best prospect for pacioretty isn't a very good move for them.
10 mars 2018 à 12 h 5
Habs
Modifié 10 mars 2018 à 12 h 12
Quoting: willinbulgaria
Have we not learned anything in the last two decades with guys like Plekanec, Desharnais, Koivu?
These were/are good centers but they were never true #1C's - the limited success they did have only clouded our perception and because of that we never really made a push for a true #1.

With 10M in cap space - go out and find a true #1 C to hold the fort until Vilardi is ready .

Lastly, what has Danault done to warrant such a salary? coming off his ELC and a RFA - he should be getting no more than 2.5M/year. If he wants to sign a bridge deal (2-3 years), I'd say lower that number to 2M.

Danault has put up back to back seasons of 40 pts (on pace for that this season) and he does this while playing excellent defensive hockey and minimal powerplay time. $3.5M would be a good deal. Yeah he is an RFA but another team could just offer sheet him for a 2nd Round pick.

You're obviously gonna be upset when you see what Bergevin extends him for (even though it will be a fair deal no doubt).

Edit: He also isn't coming off his entry level deal, Bergevin already extended him for 2 years.

Also danault is 25. He will be UFA soon so you're going to have to buy some UFA years if you want to sign him with term (which would be ridiculous not to do).
10 mars 2018 à 13 h 53
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Modifié 10 mars 2018 à 14 h 2
Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
Danault has put up back to back seasons of 40 pts (on pace for that this season) and he does this while playing excellent defensive hockey and minimal powerplay time. $3.5M would be a good deal. Yeah he is an RFA but another team could just offer sheet him for a 2nd Round pick.

You're obviously gonna be upset when you see what Bergevin extends him for (even though it will be a fair deal no doubt).

Edit: He also isn't coming off his entry level deal, Bergevin already extended him for 2 years.

Also danault is 25. He will be UFA soon so you're going to have to buy some UFA years if you want to sign him with term (which would be ridiculous not to do).

So 1 40pt season (he's not gonna get 40 this year) warrants a 4x + salary hike?
Yeah, you can argue if he wasn't injured he would've gotten 40 pts again - but coulda, shoulda , didn't is what it comes down to.
I really believe that Danault over achieved last year by playing with Radulov - had it not been for that - and the need to thrust him into the #1C position, his numbers wouldn't have come close.
He's also not been able to elevate Patches game playing most the year with him when Patches was able to score 30+ goals consistently with the likes of Desharnais and Plekanec.

And just to give you a point of reference, Plekanec (which is who I equate Danualt to, but Danault has less skill) only received a 2.75M 1 year contract after scoring 3 consecutive 20+ goal seasons. After Pleks first FULL year with the Habs, in which he scored 20 goals and 47 pts he only received a 1.6M/year contract (2 years).

Sorry, but I just don't see the reasoning for awarding Danault the kind of money that's being suggested here - and I don't see him sticking long term on this team (maybe as a 3rd, eventually a 4th line center) - if we ask (and pay) Danault for more than that (2C or 1C), then we're just running into the same course we did the last twenty years with Pleks, Desharnais and Koivu - who were all great as #2 and #3 centers, but definitely were not #1C.
10 mars 2018 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Yeah, you can argue if he wasn't injured he would've gotten 40 pts again - but coulda, shoulda , didn't is what it comes down to.
I really believe that Danault over achieved last year by playing with Radulov - had it not been for that - and the need to thrust him into the #1C position, his numbers wouldn't have come close.
He's also not been able to elevate Patches game playing most the year with him when Patches was able to score 30+ goals consistently with the likes of Desharnais and Plekanec.

And just to give you a point of reference, Plekanec (which is who I equate Danualt to, but Danault has less skill) only received a 2.75M 1 year contract after scoring 3 consecutive 20+ goal seasons. After Pleks first FULL year with the Habs, in which he scored 20 goals and 47 pts he only received a 1.6M/year contract (2 years).

Sorry, but I just don't see the reasoning for awarding Danault the kind of money that's being suggested here - and I don't see him sticking long term on this team (maybe as a 3rd, eventually a 4th line center) - if we ask (and pay) Danault for more than that (2C or 1C), then we're just running into the same course we did the last twenty years with Pleks, Desharnais and Koivu - who were all great as #2 and #3 centers, but definitely were not #1C.

Eller got 3x3.5 with less production. Also, Danault has leverage due to Montreal's lack of centre depth.
10 mars 2018 à 14 h 56
Habs

You are going to compare plekanec who is 10 years older than danault????? The league is 10 years older and the cap is supposed to go up to $80M next year! To give you a reference point, price making $10.5M is less percentage of the cap than lundqvuist signing his deal $8.5M deal. You have no idea what the price for a 3rd line center is and you think I am overvalueing danault, when the reality is you are undervalueing 3rd line centers (not danault specifically).
Give me an example of a comparable top 3rd line center making $2M. Lars Eller just got extended for 5 years for $3.5M and he will be 35 by the end of that deal. Lars Eller was extended for $3.5M for 4 years when he was danaults age after he put up 27 pts in 70+ games (the cap was way lower back then as well)... danault has 25 in 50. You are kidding yourself if you think he doesn't deserve $3.5M.
10 mars 2018 à 14 h 57
Démarrer sujet

Other than Tavares (who we won't be getting), there will be none available. Hence why the trade for Vilardi who will be that within 3 seasons.
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 13
Habs
Quoting: pilger1989
Other than Tavares (who we won't be getting), there will be none available. Hence why the trade for Vilardi who will be that within 3 seasons.

Why do you feel like Tavares isn't possible? The habs have the cap space, so much is made of Montreal not being competitive enough but realistically getting Tavares solves all of their problems. They could also win a lottery pick this year. Montreal is as likely as a destination as any team other team.
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 19
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 96

He will get close to pageau numbers for salary. Id be happy with 3mil but might get as high as 3.5
CaptainFlynnt a aimé ceci.
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 23
Habs
Quoting: Drakin1978
He will get close to pageau numbers for salary. Id be happy with 3mil but might get as high as 3.5

This is where is stand, I think $3.5M is fair. More wouldn't be a good deal and less I would be pretty happy with. He deserves $3.5M, a good GM could get less.
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 94
Montreal is as likely as a destination as any team other team.

no, they aren't.

realistically getting Tavares solves all of their problems.

yeah, I mean just look at how flawless the Islanders have been... lol
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 39
Habs
Quoting: hpatton
no, they aren't.

yeah, I mean just look at how flawless the Islanders have been... lol
you obviously don't understand the context. What is Montreal's flaw? Their best center is a 3rd line C. Tavares is an elite C. They add him it solves their biggest issue, and the team is competitive again.

The islanders have crap goaltending and Tavares always lifts his wingers. Moulsen, okposo are prime examples. Lee and Bailey aren't this good without Tavares.
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 42
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 94
you obviously don't understand the context. What is Montreal's flaw? Their best center is a 3rd line C. Tavares is an elite C. They add him it solves their biggest issue, and the team is competitive again.

The islanders have crap goaltending and Tavares always lifts his wingers. Moulsen, okposo are prime examples. Lee and Bailey aren't this good without Tavares.

I understand what the word "all" means... Tavares or not they'd still be a heavily flawed team, kinda like the Islanders
10 mars 2018 à 15 h 57
Habs
Quoting: hpatton
I understand what the word "all" means... Tavares or not they'd still be a heavily flawed team, kinda like the Islanders

You would be surprised. They need a 2C but galchenyuk or drouin could fill that spot if they had a legitimate #1C to take some of the responsibility away. Then they need a LD which they have the chance to get through the draft or they could make a trade for one if they don't get it because they will be loaded with wingers. Adding a superstar center for nothing in free agency would solve problems.

Edit: They just took the #1 ranked team to a shootout without pacioretty, price, Weber, mete, and they had 2 injuries during the game with hudon and danault. It's easy to be all doom and gloom, teams are never as good or bad as they seem.
10 mars 2018 à 20 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Why do you feel like Tavares isn't possible? The habs have the cap space, so much is made of Montreal not being competitive enough but realistically getting Tavares solves all of their problems. They could also win a lottery pick this year. Montreal is as likely as a destination as any team other team.

Because he's going to have a better chance to win elsewhere, with better wingers and likely make more money due to tax savings.
12 mars 2018 à 2 h 8
Habs
Quoting: pilger1989
Because he's going to have a better chance to win elsewhere, with better wingers and likely make more money due to tax savings.

All I'm saying is there are numerous reasons for Tavares to consider Montreal and obvious reasons for Bergevin to make a strong push to get Tavares. Montreal will be one of the many teams in on him and they definitely are a possible destination.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage