Forums/Armchair-GM

Price a Panther, Patch a Star, Chucky a King

Équipe: 2018-19 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 21 janv. 2018
Publié: 21 janv. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
KEY ASSUMPTIONS:
1) Dallas decides to go for it. Adds Pacioretty, replace Spezza and Methot with Shaw and Alzner;
2) Kings add LW Galchenyuk and mortgage a little future (two mid-first rounders);
3) Panthers look at current roster as one that can develop into a top contender, and believe that Price will thrive out of the Krieg lights of Montreal;
4) Habs use cap space to buy out Luongo;
5) Tavares becomes the highest-paid player in the NHL;
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
3850 000 $
32 450 000 $
2850 000 $
3850 000 $
31 250 000 $
2950 000 $
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
31 850 000 $
22 500 000 $
Dobson, Noah
3955 000 $
Heponiemi, Aleksi
3855 000 $
812 600 000 $
55 250 000 $
Poehling, Ryan
3955 000 $
Ikonen, Joni
3875 000 $
Brook, Josh
3875 000 $
33 500 000 $
Transactions
MTL
    BEFORE TRADE DEADLINE 2018
    Rights to Gabe Vilardi
    First Round pick 2018
    LAK
    1. Galchenyuk, Alex
    Détails additionnels:
    MTL
    1. Heiskanen, Miro
    2. Methot, Marc
    3. Spezza, Jason
    Détails additionnels:
    DAL
    1. Alzner, Karl
    2. Pacioretty, Max
    3. Shaw, Andrew
    Détails additionnels:
    MTL
      Negotiating rights to John Tavares
      NYI
      1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (MTL)
      MTL
      1. Luongo, Roberto
      2. Matheson, Michael
      3. Tippett, Owen
      Détails additionnels:
      Rights to Aleksi Heponiemi
      Panthers' first round pick in 2018
      FLA
      1. Benn, Jordie
      2. Price, Carey
      3. Scherbak, Nikita
      4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (MTL)
      5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
      MTL
      1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
      Rachats de contrats
      Enfoui
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de SJS
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de MTL
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2480 000 000 $80 539 308 $0 $2 682 500 $-539 308 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 5
      12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 7
      894 167 $894 167 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 4
      2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
      C
      UFA - 3
      7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
      C, AD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 3
      850 000 $850 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 2
      5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
      C
      UFA - 6
      839 166 $839 166 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      650 000 $650 000 $
      C, AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      950 000 $950 000 $
      AD, C
      UFA - 1
      950 000 $950 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 2
      850 000 $850 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 1
      Poehling, Ryan
      955 000 $955 000 $
      1 166 667 $1 166 667 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 8
      7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
      DD
      UFA - 8
      2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
      G
      UFA - 2
      748 333 $748 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
      DG/DD
      UFA - 2
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      DD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 3
      4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
      DG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
      G
      UFA - 3
      894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
      DG/DD
      UFA - 3
      1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      Assuming a reasonable return, would you trade Carey Price to another team in the East?
      Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 janv. 2018 à 19 h 2
      Lafreniere
      Rejoint: août 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 305
      Galchenyuk doesn’t have that kind of value and neither does Price. (1) Why does FLA want Price and his contract? (2) Why is Florida willing to give up Matheson, Tippit, and their 1st for him? Galchenyuk straight up doesn’t have that value, I won’t argue with you about that one.

The Patches deal is iffy, I’ll let someone else with better knowledge comment about it.
      21 janv. 2018 à 19 h 47
      Démarrer sujet
      Rejoint: juin 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 430
      Quoting: ShafferPens
      Galchenyuk doesn’t have that kind of value and neither does Price. (1) Why does FLA want Price and his contract? (2) Why is Florida willing to give up Matheson, Tippit, and their 1st for him? Galchenyuk straight up doesn’t have that value, I won’t argue with you about that one.

The Panthers have cap space galore for the forseeable future and what's holding them back is great goaltending. Say what you will, but Price is a great goaltender having a bad year behind a bad team. You know who else that happened to? Patrick Roy. That's why FLA would make this trade. Lots of teams would. Montreal needs to make the move to shake it's dumb dependence on goaltending. Pick up two good UFA goalies — certainly not dominant ones — and build a team that stops thinking that they'll always have a goalie to bail them out.

The Kings have a fighting chance this year, but they're slipping a bit. LA needs one thing -- scoring. It's team D is amazing — second best in the entire league — but scoring from the LWs is its weakest spot. Freed of the tyranny of Montreal's stifling defensive "system," Galchenyuk has the skills to thrive right now -- that's worth two mid-first picks.

Pacioretty trades "now" for future, while easing two big sore spots for Dallas — Spezza ($8M to sulk) and Methot (whose knee is a car wreck). It's not even sure the Methot will ever play again. It means a big cap easing for Dallas right now and a bigger one for the Habs after next season.
      HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
      21 janv. 2018 à 19 h 52
      Mentions "j'aime": 552
      It's OK. Why go to all this trouble? Trade Price somewhere in the west for a couple of firsts and maybe Alzner or Shaw to rid the cap. Plan to pay Tavares $14M (maybe more) to be sure he comes to Montreal.
      21 janv. 2018 à 19 h 57
      Lafreniere
      Rejoint: août 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 305
      Quoting: Truebeliever
      The Panthers have cap space galore for the forseeable future and what's holding them back is great goaltending. Say what you will, but Price is a great goaltender having a bad year behind a bad team. You know who else that happened to? Patrick Roy. That's why FLA would make this trade. Lots of teams would. Montreal needs to make the move to shake it's dumb dependence on goaltending. Pick up two good UFA goalies — certainly not dominant ones — and build a team that stops thinking that they'll always have a goalie to bail them out.

The Kings have a fighting chance this year, but they're slipping a bit. LA needs one thing -- scoring. It's team D is amazing — second best in the entire league — but scoring from the LWs is its weakest spot. Freed of the tyranny of Montreal's stifling defensive "system," Galchenyuk has the skills to thrive right now -- that's worth two mid-first picks.

Pacioretty trades "now" for future, while easing two big sore spots for Dallas — Spezza ($8M to sulk) and Methot (whose knee is a car wreck). It's not even sure the Methot will ever play again. It means a big cap easing for Dallas right now and a bigger one for the Habs after next season.

I don’t believe FLA would want Price, for that price. No reason to trade away futures for an aging goalie. Don’t get me wrong, Carey is great, he just doesn’t have that type of value. If FLA was going to trade for a goalie, it will be a young, potential starter(Jarry, Dell).

Galchenyuk just doesn’t have that type of value. One 1st+meh prospect, sure that is good. No way LAK trades their top prospect and their 1st for Galchenyuk. As a Pens fan, I wouldn’t trade Sprong+1st for Galchenyuk, and Vilardi has higher potential than Sprong.

I can’t comment on DAL trade, no idea.
      21 janv. 2018 à 19 h 58
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: HabsRafiki
      It's OK. Why go to all this trouble? Trade Price somewhere in the west for a couple of firsts and maybe Alzner or Shaw to rid the cap. Plan to pay Tavares $14M (maybe more) to be sure he comes to Montreal.

You make a good point. Who do think would want Price in the west?
      HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 2
      Go Habs Go
      Rejoint: mars 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 4,100
      Interesting, massive overhaul. Not to my personal taste to move Galchenyuk, Price, or Pacioretty for those returns, but I think they could work from the other side.

I do question the Backlund signing. Unless you bring in Spezza as a winger, I think he's superfluous and we'd be better off waiting for Spezza's contract to end before considering his replacement.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 4
      Démarrer sujet
      I don’t believe FLA would want Price, for that price. No reason to trade away futures for an aging goalie. Don’t get me wrong, Carey is great, he just doesn’t have that type of value. If FLA was going to trade for a goalie, it will be a young, potential starter(Jarry, Dell).

Galchenyuk just doesn’t have that type of value. One 1st+meh prospect, sure that is good. No way LAK trades their top prospect and their 1st for Galchenyuk. As a Pens fan, I wouldn’t trade Sprong+1st for Galchenyuk, and Vilardi has higher potential than Sprong.

We disagree on Galchenyuk. I wouldn't trade him for Sprong and a first either -- so we agree to disagree.

As for Price, he's 30!!! -- same age as Crosby and a year younger than Malkin (not hearing you say they're washed up). Dell is 28 and unproven (you'll note I don't suggest he's a suitable replacement for Price) and Tristan Jarry has never played a NHL playoff game in his life. If you believe in Jarry, then you should offer Murray for this kind of a take.
      HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 9
      Démarrer sujet
      Quoting: ricochetii
      Interesting, massive overhaul. Not to my personal taste to move Galchenyuk, Price, or Pacioretty for those returns, but I think they could work from the other side.

I do question the Backlund signing. Unless you bring in Spezza as a winger, I think he's superfluous and we'd be better off waiting for Spezza's contract to end before considering his replacement.

I see Backlund as a replacement for Plekanec with upside -- a 30-year-old Pleks, not the overpaid guy he is now.

Was viewing Spezza as a one-year thing, or even trading him before the season. I really don't like him but I can see how he would help take some pressure off Tavares.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 11
      Go Habs Go

Florida may be tired of goalie experiments and want a sure thing. They are already paying close to 10M and not getting the goaltending they need.
      I doubt they would include Matheson in such a trade, so you could replace him or take him out and cut some from Montreal's side to compensate.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 13
      Go Habs Go
      I see Backlund as a replacement for Plekanec with upside -- a 30-year-old Pleks, not the overpaid guy he is now.

Was viewing Spezza as a one-year thing, or even trading him before the season. I really don't like him but I can see how he would help take some pressure off Tavares.

You have Danault for that role. Buy him a turtleneck and you're good to go. wink
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 13
      Who do think would want Price in the west?

Maybe Vancouver? Maybe Colorado or Arizona. Not sure what teams would get Price to waive his NTC.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 19
      Démarrer sujet
      Florida may be tired of goalie experiments and want a sure thing. They are already paying close to 10M and not getting the goaltending they need.
      I doubt they would include Matheson in such a trade, so you could replace him or take him out and cut some from Montreal's side to compensate.

That's my thinking on why FLA would do this. You're right about the compensation. I got greedy asking for the 1st pick. But Price at $6M for the next 4 years (10.5 minus Luongo's $4,533,333) would command a top-4 D and a solid first-round prospect (Tippett) and a longshot waterbug. Perhaps both teams could put some conditionals to mitigate the risk, but as hockey trades go, Price for Matheson and Tippett would be pretty good. And Matheson would be a hometown hero.
      HabsRafiki et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 22
      Démarrer sujet
      You have Danault for that role. Buy him a turtleneck and you're good to go. wink

Honestly, if Danault were a Finn, I would have traded him. He's soft and a little weak. I thought he was much better than he is, realizing the Radulov made him shine last year. I keep Danault only because I am seeing him through a hometown lens, as I am Hudon. Neither impresses me enough to be key players, but they're solid depth with a cheering gallery.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 32
      Démarrer sujet

It is a massive overhaul, but this team plays like it needs a personality transfusion. I think Price is great, but I think he's the kind of player that makes everyone else on a team that has known nothing else complacent.
      ricochetii a aimé ceci.
      21 janv. 2018 à 20 h 47
      That's my thinking on why FLA would do this. You're right about the compensation. I got greedy asking for the 1st pick. But Price at $6M for the next 4 years (10.5 minus Luongo's $4,533,333) would command a top-4 D and a solid first-round prospect (Tippett) and a longshot waterbug. Perhaps both teams could put some conditionals to mitigate the risk, but as hockey trades go, Price for Matheson and Tippett would be pretty good. And Matheson would be a hometown hero.

Price for Tippett and Matheson would be too little IMHO, but that might be what it takes to get the ball rolling.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Chargement de l'animation
      Soumettre les modifications du sondage