Forums/Armchair-GM

Post PLD

Créé par: qc14
Équipe: 2024-25 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 19 juin 2024
Publié: 19 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Can't lie that I would've preferred Laine but overall still like the move, especially moving on from Kuemper when it was clear he was going to be the backup next year. Some more questions after this that still needed to be answered and my best guesses:

1) Who is the backup?
I'm a long-time Shepard skeptic and I don't think his postseason has helped his case. Stephenson I think still needs one more year as well, and even though Lindgren will be more of a true starter I think you still need someone to take 30-35 starts. That being said, the UFA market is absolutely atrocious this year and I think if you can't get Brossoit, Stolarz, or Nedjelkovic on a reasonable deal you run the Shepard/Stephenson platoon.

2) What does this mean for McMichael and Lapierre?
PLD, Strome, and Dowd will be 3 of the 4 centers and McMichael and Lapierre are both making the team. For me, this makes the case for bridging McMichael that much stronger and I think he starts the year on the wing.

3) Miro and Leonard?
From MacLellan's (very worth the listen) interview with Seravalli yesterday I think it's very unlikely Leonard signs but if he does he will make the team. It also sounds like they are looking for Miro to be a full-time NHLer as well, although maybe in a Lapierre role from last year where he gets ~50 games and plays in the playoffs for Hershey.

4) The fourth line?
This move is a clear indication that they're keeping Dowd (as they should). Malenstyn worked well in his role and gets the Dowd/Hathaway contract with a little extra term. I've loved Trineyev and Rybynski in Hershey this year but I think they're both a year away still and I do not think Sutter is an NHLer so you need to bring in another 4RW. I would be fine with NAK again or going outside the org -- they've had so much success with finding these kinds of players.

5) Is there another move at F?
I say no with the big caveat being moving McMichael for another top-6 player. After committing to going long on PLD I don't think doing so again on another not quite top-of-the-lineup player (Tofolli, DeBrusk, Lindholm) is a good idea, they probably will be priced out of the two true difference-makers in UFA (Guentzel, Reinhart), and I don't think they have the assets to get another young change-of-scenery guy (Zegras, Necas). The only move that doesn't fall into one of those categories for me is basically taking Laine for free and while it would be both hilarious and interesting I don't think you make two of those kinds of moves in the same summer.

6) Do you shake up the D-corps?
Much like the forward group the defense is deep without having any real top guys beyond Carlson and Fehervary. I'd only move Jensen or TVR if you can get something real back for them -- giving Walker or Zadorov 5.5x5 to replace them isn't a good idea. I still think you need one more top-4 guy to really drive the second pair though and I'm really stumped as to who that would be. Not really convinced by another Sandin-like add (Chychrun isn't as good as his rep and is a conspiracy theory nutcase, Liljegren ... eh). A PLD-like cap dump would be super risky and the player probably isn't good enough (Krug, Cernak?). The mid-level UFAs are good players but not what's needed (Walker, Zadorov, Dillon, etc.) Paying through the nose for Skjei or Montour is what I did here but I don't love those options either. Might be a bit of a sticker shock on the AAV but for contracts always look at the total comp of 42.5m, which is equivalent to a 6mx7. Too bad Karlsson wasn't available this summer instead of last.

Overall, this team is in pretty much the same spot it was in last year. IMO only FLA, TOR, BOS, CAR, and NYR are playoff locks and all you have to do is be better than 6 of TBL, NJD, PIT, NYI, BUF, OTT, DET, PHI. I think with these moves the roster is probably below TBL and NJD but right in the mix with PIT and NYI in that next tier. Definitely fascinated to see how the best GM in the league approaches the rest of the summer!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 250 000 $
22 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
58 500 000 $
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de VGK
Logo de WSH
Logo de BOS
Logo de NYI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de BOS
Logo de COL
Logo de WSH
Logo de CAR
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de CHI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de VGK
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2488 000 000 $85 928 333 $2 252 500 $1 195 000 $2 071 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
RFA - 2
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, C
RFA
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance445 000 $$445K)
C
RFA - 1
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 5
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG
RFA
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 675 000 $2 675 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
G
UFA - 1
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
DG
UFA
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
2 062 500 $2 062 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 juin à 16 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 173
I think CMC is a 3C long term because of his lack of offensive upside compared to Lap and because Mcjesus can actually play solid D. I don't think we need Skeji on that contract either, I do however think a guy like Teauvo from Carolina could help our Nonexsistent offense haha. And yeah I do agree Shepard has never looked good in the NHL and I think Stevenson has good potential . I just worry about Chucky because we saw him struggle towards the end and the dude has never been a starter, we need someone who can play 35/40 games for us at a decent level too
qc14 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,054
Quoting: TM11
I think CMC is a 3C long term because of his lack of offensive upside compared to Lap and because Mcjesus can actually play solid D. I don't think we need Skeji on that contract either, I do however think a guy like Teauvo from Carolina could help our Nonexsistent offense haha. And yeah I do agree Shepard has never looked good in the NHL and I think Stevenson has good potential . I just worry about Chucky because we saw him struggle towards the end and the dude has never been a starter, we need someone who can play 35/40 games for us at a decent level too

I agree McM is a long-term 3c but I think Lappy has a higher ceiling (and lower floor) and would rather start him at C next year.

I really worry about committing long-term money to a mid-level forward like Terevainen or DeBrusk. I just don't think they can drive a 2nd line by themselves and PLD is already the one long-term risk, no need to take another. I would much rather take that risk on D, which I honestly think could help out the scoring more than another mediocre forward.

Certainly not opposed to getting more of a 1B type but I just don't see who that guy is that's available. Gustavsson from MIN would be my #1 choice but I'm certainly not moving more than a 2nd for him. There's no one in UFA that's a proven 1B either.
TM11 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 48
Master of Bloodsport
Rejoint: nov. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 187
Pretty much my feelings as well. I'm not a PLD fan, but I loathed the idea of a 5 mil backup Kuemper who ranges from okay to unplayable. It's a serious bet on Dubois to be anything positive consistently, but if it works it works. Wasn't enthused about a Laine trade, I do not like a lot of Zegras' game, and Necas isn't moving in division for anything less than too much.
qc14, qc14, qc14 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 173
Quoting: qc14
I agree McM is a long-term 3c but I think Lappy has a higher ceiling (and lower floor) and would rather start him at C next year.

I really worry about committing long-term money to a mid-level forward like Terevainen or DeBrusk. I just don't think they can drive a 2nd line by themselves and PLD is already the one long-term risk, no need to take another. I would much rather take that risk on D, which I honestly think could help out the scoring more than another mediocre forward.

Certainly not opposed to getting more of a 1B type but I just don't see who that guy is that's available. Gustavsson from MIN would be my #1 choice but I'm certainly not moving more than a 2nd for him. There's no one in UFA that's a proven 1B either.

Yeah I honestly realized too if Oshie is LTIR and we don't know for sure if Miro is making it (would love Frank to get a shot but they never have) I wonder if a guy like Toffoli is intriguing to them because we don't have a right shot to play the bumper. Yeah Gustafsson could be good especially with them wanting Wallstadt in the NHL next year. I was looking and basically Stolarz, Talbot and Broissoit are the only options but I would not want to commit multiple years to any when I would hope Stevenson gets a shot at some point soon
qc14 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TM11
Yeah I honestly realized too if Oshie is LTIR and we don't know for sure if Miro is making it (would love Frank to get a shot but they never have) I wonder if a guy like Toffoli is intriguing to them because we don't have a right shot to play the bumper. Yeah Gustafsson could be good especially with them wanting Wallstadt in the NHL next year. I was looking and basically Stolarz, Talbot and Broissoit are the only options but I would not want to commit multiple years to any when I would hope Stevenson gets a shot at some point soon

I like Toffoli the most (or hear me out ... Mantha) out of those mid-tier wingers. Frank will get his shot but as a call-up and not on the opening night roster. It certainly sounded to me from that Seravalli interview that Miro is penciled in for next year. Stolarz, Talbot, Broissoit, and I would add Nedjelkovic are the only UFA guys I think are worth calling.
TM11 a aimé ceci.
19 juin à 16 h 57
Skip skibbity
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,032
Good read! Here's my take on the same questions

1) Who is the backup?
I'm with you on the Shepard skepticism. I just don't think his play would translate to NHL speed full time. I was bullish on nabbing a UFA goalie, but that was when I thought Lindgren was more likely to be traded than Kuemper. Like you said, if we can't get one of Brossoit, Stolarz, Ned, or I'd also throw Lankinen in there, then having one of the system goalies backup Lindgren isn't the worst thing ever.

Fully agree with your points here.

3) Miro and Leonard?
I'd put money down that Leonard doesn't join the Caps until at least after next years college season. Miro on the otherhand, I could see ending the year on the second line with some PP2 time as well. Just a matter of how he develops during a full NHL season.

4) The fourth line?
Agree with the Dowd and Malenstyn points. I'd really like to see Dube start the year with them, but like you said, the Caps are so good at finding these bottom 6 guys that it really could be anyone.

I could see them signing a veteran winger like Tarasenko or Duchene. There's very few on the market that I think would provide the impact the Caps would be looking for so if they go quick, I doubt the Caps would make a move there. And I think they stick with McMike this year at least.

Yea, I'd be fine moving any RHD not named Carlson or Iorio. I'd like to see the left side stay, I'm excited for the trio of Fehervary, Sandin, and Alexeyev to progress together.
19 juin à 17 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BoringBrianMacLellan
Good read! Here's my take on the same questions

1) Who is the backup?
I'm with you on the Shepard skepticism. I just don't think his play would translate to NHL speed full time. I was bullish on nabbing a UFA goalie, but that was when I thought Lindgren was more likely to be traded than Kuemper. Like you said, if we can't get one of Brossoit, Stolarz, Ned, or I'd also throw Lankinen in there, then having one of the system goalies backup Lindgren isn't the worst thing ever.

Fully agree with your points here.

3) Miro and Leonard?
I'd put money down that Leonard doesn't join the Caps until at least after next years college season. Miro on the otherhand, I could see ending the year on the second line with some PP2 time as well. Just a matter of how he develops during a full NHL season.

4) The fourth line?
Agree with the Dowd and Malenstyn points. I'd really like to see Dube start the year with them, but like you said, the Caps are so good at finding these bottom 6 guys that it really could be anyone.

I could see them signing a veteran winger like Tarasenko or Duchene. There's very few on the market that I think would provide the impact the Caps would be looking for so if they go quick, I doubt the Caps would make a move there. And I think they stick with McMike this year at least.

Yea, I'd be fine moving any RHD not named Carlson or Iorio. I'd like to see the left side stay, I'm excited for the trio of Fehervary, Sandin, and Alexeyev to progress together.

Shepard to me is the AHL version of prime Jonathan Quick -- crazy reflexes and some amazing saves but you'd like him to not get himself in those positions in the first place. That insane glove save in G2 was him in a nutshell to me. Just don't think it will work against better players. I'd be fine with a mid-level vet guy if (and it's a big if) it's 3 years or less. On D, it's not that any one player (except Carlson and Fehervary) is a problem -- more so that I don't see a solution amongst that group either. I think Dube and Frank deserve and will get their shots next year but will not be on the opening night roster
BoringBrianMacLellan a aimé ceci.
20 juin à 14 h 45
Keep Zegras at ANA
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I'm not sure of that 1 M. contract for Amadio. 30 PTS. at VGK, he's a really good 4th line guy, or an OK third line in a club like WSH. T.J. oshie is on LTIR ? is it true or is it just for saving Cap space ?
20 juin à 17 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Zegrasnoob
I'm not sure of that 1 M. contract for Amadio. 30 PTS. at VGK, he's a really good 4th line guy, or an OK third line in a club like WSH. T.J. oshie is on LTIR ? is it true or is it just for saving Cap space ?

I'd be willing to go higher on him or any other 4RW they decide on -- they have the space to do it. It's not confirmed yet but I would say a probably 70% chance Oshie LTIRetires this summer. His body has been put through the wringer the last couple of years and I don't think he'll be able to be healthy enough to play a full season.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage