SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Loss

19 mars à 22 h 49
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,745
Dear Friend

Thank you for the reading material. Everyone is different, and I'm hoping you are feeling well and not lost. I can't really give any advice as everyone's path to "recovery" is different.

Maybe I was fortunate as Carol's death was a long process and expected. We discovered her Alzheimers in February 2016. We went to courses to learn of the disease and the expectations shortly thereafter. November 2019 she went to a nursing home....a great nursing home. Then Covid came in March 2020, and I was unable to see her though, we did Zooms twice a week. Just saying I had a long time of various states of separation. Covid kinda ended in summer of 2020, and I maintained my regular visits to Carol. But in July 2021, she suddenly died.
I kinda never felt THAT lonely, as so many were in the same boat during Covid, and I did have my small group of friends as support.
Met my girlfriend in fall of 2020, and we have been together ever since. My social life and love life is good, very good. In some ways, I almost feel guilty being happy, active and content.

Well, that's my life and path I took in past eight years. Sorry for your loss of your wife of so many years. Hoping you find a the path to happiness quickly. Wishing you well ol' pal.

Hal

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage