SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Become bulletin board material. POLL: which of these 4 teams will miss the playoffs.

Who is not in the playoffs?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 mars à 11 h 48
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Without an extreme change among those well above or below this group, it is guaranteed at least one team of this group will miss the playoffs. Let’s assume that is the case for funsies.

I’m curious to see if the collective voting can pick the proper team.
11 mars à 15 h 33
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
I picked Detroit but if you want to do it more analytically - should look at the upcoming schedules for each team to see who they're up against.

For the four teams, going to assume that any team above them in the standings by at least 5 points is a loss, any team below them by at least 5 points is a win. Otherwise, it's a toss up.

Tampa - 7 wins, 4 losses, 5 toss ups
Philadelphia - 7 wins, 8 losses, 2 toss ups
Detroit - 9 wins, 5 losses, 4 toss ups
Long Island - 8 wins, 6 losses, 5 toss ups

Looks like the Red Wings have the easiest schedule going into the final stretch while the Flyers have the hardest.
CantStopWontStop et pinslack a aimé ceci.
11 mars à 20 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 484
Modifié 11 mars à 20 h 39
Tampa:
Pro: they’ve been in this position before, they were more than fine before.
Con: Continued erosion due to long term success and improvement of divisional teams, especially the other florida. So many goals against so far this season.

Flyers:
Pro: they beat good teams convincingly often. Their full effort has shown it’s worthy, if they can hold it together…
Con: Carter Hart, defensive changes are big hurdles to consistency.

Wings:
Pro: they have so many people who can score
Con: their playstyle, especially defense, dictates they have to put up goals. Lotsa goals for, lotsa goals against, not as much stability as others. Usually not a winning recipe, but they’re so dense…

Islanders:
Pro: hottest team currently with a 6 game streak. Has Games at hand. Is fairly consistent.
Cons: there isn’t a whole lot to be afraid of, compacted schedule relative to rest.

I’m picking Tampa to miss, but not because of negative reasons. If they were on a heater like NYI I’d pick somebody else. I like the positive reasons of the other teams more.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage