February Ranking of Top 32

February Ranking of Top 32

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: HabsCanucks
Publié: 13 févr. à 15 h 28
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
Macklin Celebrini
Tier 1, +0. Comp: Sidney Crosby. Future first line centre who should score over a point per game in his prime. Celebrini's smarts and competitiveness allow him to use his abilities to their highest extent.
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
Ivan Demidov
Tier 2, +3. Comp: Nikolaj Ehlers. Dynamic puck-handler and play-maker who attacks with speed and skill. Solid engagement in all three zones.
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
Cayden Lindstrom
Tier 3, +1. Comp: Roope Hintz. Uses a combination of speed, size, strength, skill, and a high-end shot to create offence while being tough and responsible defensively. His game is quite raw still, but the potential is very high.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-
Artyom Levshunov
Tier 3, -2. Comp: Hampus Lindholm. Quality all-round defenseman with excellent physical tools. Great at jumping into the play to create offence, but his decision-making needs improvement.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
Zayne Parekh
Tier 3, -2. Comp: Zach Werenski. Smooth-skating offensive defenseman with very high offensive upside. Excellent puck mover, playmaker, and goalscorer. Has decent defensive instincts, but needs to improve significantly at puck battles.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Zeev Buium
Tier 4, +1. Comp: Kris Letang. Buium is a very smart offensive defenseman who can play solid defensively as well. He lacks the high-end physical tools of some of the other top defensemen.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
Berkly Catton
Tier 4, +1. Comp: Marco Rossi. Small centre who creates offence through speed. He has a high degree of control over the puck which is key to all facets of his game; his passes are accurate, his shot is accurate, and he can move the puck around checkers very efficiently. Catton competes hard, but he'll need to add weight and improve his body positioning in order to win more puck battles at the NHL level.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-
Cole Eiserman
Tier 4, -2. Comp: Patrik Laine. A pure goalscorer who needs to develop more of a complete game in order to reach his very high ceiling. His off-puck movement in the offensive zone is very good. As a goalscorer, he's highly versatile -- equally capable of scoring garbage goals in tight as beautiful long-range snipes.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
Anton Silayev
Tier 4, +3. Comp: Matthias Ekholm. Silayev is huge, fast, and strong defensively. A productive start in the KHL may have oversold his offensive capabilities or it may be a sign of very high potential.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
Trevor Connelly
Tier 5, +0. Comp: Mathew Barzal. Connelly has great hands and speed. I wouldn't draft him, but he definitely belongs in the top 12 based on talent.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
Konsta Helenius
Tier 5, +0. Comp: Phillip Danault. Smart forward who works hard, but lacks standout tools. Responsible defensively, while producing well offensively.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Sam Dickinson
Tier 5, -3. Comp: Noah Hanifin. Big, fast, responsible, and reasonably skilled, Dickinson lacks the offensive vision of the other top defenseman.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
Tij Iginla
Tier 6, +2. Comp: Yegor Sharangovich. I think there's a pretty substantial divide between the top twelve and the teens in this draft, but Iginla leads the charge to try to bridge it.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
Liam Greentree
Tier 7, +5
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-
Michael Brandsegg Nygard
Tier 7, -2
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-
Carter Yakemchuk
Tier 7, +0
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New York
Igor Chernyshov
Tier 7, +1
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
Nikita Artamonov
Tier 7, -1
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
Adam Jiricek
Tier 7, -5
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
Henry Mews
Tier 8, +4
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
Beckett Sennecke
Tier 8, +9
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
Sacha Boisvert
Tier 8, +9
23Logo de Rangers de New York-
Terik Parascak
Tier 8, -3
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
Emil Hemming
Tier 8, -3
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
Aron Kiviharju
Tier 8, -3
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New Jersey
Luke Misa
Tier 9, +2
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
Andrew Basha
Tier 9, +5
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de Boston
Jesse Pulkkinen
Tier 9, NPR
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de Dallas
Harrison Brunicke
Tier 9, NPR
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
Cole Hutson
Tier 9, -5
31Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Panthers de la Floride
Alfons Freij
Tier 9, NPR
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
Matvei Shuravin
Tier 9, +1
13 févr. à 17 h 18
Flames Fan? I guess
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Don't get me wrong. I love Macklin Celebrini. But as a prospect, future NHL'er... He will be nowhere near Sidney Crosby at any level.

Do we just forget that Sid had 168 points in 62 QMJHL games?

Other than that, Think it's a good analysis and exploration of the draft smile
HabsCanucks a aimé ceci.
13 févr. à 17 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 141
Quoting: Loppius
Don't get me wrong. I love Macklin Celebrini. But as a prospect, future NHL'er... He will be nowhere near Sidney Crosby at any level.

Do we just forget that Sid had 168 points in 62 QMJHL games?

Other than that, Think it's a good analysis and exploration of the draft smile

Thanks!

And yeah, prime Crosby >>>>> prime Celebrini, but I think Celebrini has a lot of Crosby-like attributes, just at a lower level
13 févr. à 17 h 47
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 617
Modifié 13 févr. à 20 h 38
Guys too low:

Eiserman
Connelly
Dickinson
Shuravin

Guys too high:

Demidov
Lindstrom
Parekh
Catton
14 févr. à 23 h 42
KFC
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 490
Quoting: Z0ra
Guys too low:

Eiserman
Connelly
Dickinson
Shuravin

Guys too high:

Demidov
Lindstrom
Parekh
Catton

Demidov is a nasty hockey player oozing with skill definitely top 5 should be top 3, Lindstroms upside is too intriguing to pass on after the top 3 imo, I like Parekh but the transition to NHL could be tough for him, not as high on Catton as most are
16 févr. à 18 h 0
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 617
Quoting: Jets12Kozy
Demidov is a nasty hockey player oozing with skill definitely top 5 should be top 3, Lindstroms upside is too intriguing to pass on after the top 3 imo, I like Parekh but the transition to NHL could be tough for him, not as high on Catton as most are

Connelly is a top 5 player in the draft. Skating is the best in the draft and he just can do everything offensively. I like the Barzal comp, but I think Connelly is more Jack Hughes.

Parekh does give me Dragicevic vibes. Remember when everyone thought Dragicevic would be a top 15 pick last year? That aged well, fell because of his bad defensive game. Parekh won't be drafted out of the 1st round, but I see him being taken around the 16-20 range. Anywhere above that is a reach.
16 févr. à 18 h 15
KFC
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 490
Connelly is a top 5 player in the draft. Skating is the best in the draft and he just can do everything offensively. I like the Barzal comp, but I think Connelly is more Jack Hughes.

Parekh does give me Dragicevic vibes. Remember when everyone thought Dragicevic would be a top 15 pick last year? That aged well, fell because of his bad defensive game. Parekh won't be drafted out of the 1st round, but I see him being taken around the 16-20 range. Anywhere above that is a reach.

Parekh reminds me alot of Neil Pionk and I don't see that pedigree for Connelly skilled no doubt but not Hughes level
18 févr. à 9 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 37
This is great. I don’t like the comp for Connelly and he’s not going top 15. He’s used a racial slur on the ice this year and hasn’t acknowledged it, never mind apologized. He’s posted a swastika on “X” a few years back. So, problematic, is one way to describe him.

Also, I think Carter Yakemchuck is going top 10 maybe top 5. And Tij Iginla bumps someone out of the top 10 come the spring.
19 févr. à 22 h 47
Démarrer sujet

I don't think Parekh is much like Dragicevic at all. Very different players both offensively and defensively.

Offensively, Dragicevic put up a bunch of points by executing simple plays well against weak competition. Parekh has far more deception, creativity, vision, and skill than Dragicevic ever will.

Defensively, Dragicevic clearly didn't know what he was doing. He had a big frame and that's about it. Parekh, on the other hand, has a much better understanding of how to defend. He has good defensive positioning and uses his stick well. The problem with Parekh is that his defensive engagement is not where you would want it to be, so he loses a lot of puck battles, especially because he's not that big or strong.
19 févr. à 22 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BobbyPSC
This is great. I don’t like the comp for Connelly and he’s not going top 15. He’s used a racial slur on the ice this year and hasn’t acknowledged it, never mind apologized. He’s posted a swastika on “X” a few years back. So, problematic, is one way to describe him.

Also, I think Carter Yakemchuck is going top 10 maybe top 5. And Tij Iginla bumps someone out of the top 10 come the spring.

Thanks!

Yeah, Connelly would be on my Do Not Draft list if I were a team, but the ranking here is just based on the hockey side of things. What would your comp for him be?

Yakemchuk and Iginla could definitely end up going higher than I have them now, though top 5 would be quite the reach considering the other prospects available.
21 févr. à 10 h 40
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 37
Quoting: HabsCanucks
Thanks!

Yeah, Connelly would be on my Do Not Draft list if I were a team, but the ranking here is just based on the hockey side of things. What would your comp for him be?

Yakemchuk and Iginla could definitely end up going higher than I have them now, though top 5 would be quite the reach considering the other prospects available.

I don’t know where the comp is for Connelly. But i saw plenty of Jack Hughes in his U18 year and he was on his own planet. Completely controlled the pace of the game. I haven’t see enough of Connelly, he seems to play very fast and would need to see him play at the U18s in April to what he looks like when the tempo gets controlled by better opposition/linemates and when he runs into real traffic.

The one thing that strikes me about him that would be a concern, he interacts a lot with the opposing bench. So he might be easily be affected and drawn into stupid plays or situations. But maturity could solve that with time.

This is an exciting time for prospect watching, a couple of guys will shoot up in the next couple of months. Looking forward to seeing that happen.

Great ranking! Thanks for sharing.
HabsCanucks a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage