Tony Ferguson Fan
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 348
Swayman over oettinger, possibly over suzuki too
10 févr. à 15 h 57
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,470
Seeing any fan, let alone a Habs dude, appropriately place Thomas makes me want to send a muffin basket. It's such a rare treat. tears of joy
Caufield et xercuses a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 16 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Sennecke is a gem
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,364
Quoting: mokumboi
Seeing any fan, let alone a Habs dude, appropriately place Thomas makes me want to send a muffin basket. It's such a rare treat. tears of joy

What can I say, he’s doing what he is to be at that spot
xercuses a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 16 h 22
mokumboi
Quoting: Caufield
What can I say, he’s doing what he is to be at that spot

Many seem oblivious to it.
xercuses a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 20 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Sennecke is a gem
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,364
Many seem oblivious to it.

Many pretend they have hockey knowledge
mokumboi, HolyJumpin81 et xercuses a aimé ceci.
10 févr. à 21 h 26
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,348
Modifié 10 févr. à 21 h 34

Him above Nico is a wild take.
17-18: Nico
18-19: Nico
19-20: Nico
20-21: Thomas (nico injured)
21-22: Thomas
22-23: Nico
23-24: Nico

The defensive gap is massive
10 févr. à 21 h 51
mokumboi
Quoting: dgibb10
Him above Nico is a wild take.
17-18: Nico
18-19: Nico
19-20: Nico
20-21: Thomas (nico injured)
21-22: Thomas
22-23: Nico
23-24: Nico

The defensive gap is massive

The defensive gap isn't even remotely massive, and I'm not sure how one would get that idea. It's barely there, brother. And setting aside that we're talking about how good they are now (and not tallying seasons per side), placing Nico above Thomas this season is the wildest take in this thread by a mile (also, Thomas was injured in a couple of those seasons, too). For me, I'd put them about level at the moment. Too close to argue over it.

All that said, comparing him to Hischier was in no way the crux of my remark. I was mostly alluding to how everyone and their mother somehow imagines that Suzuki is better than Thomas, which is just the height of delusion.

To wit: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/801092
10 févr. à 22 h 7
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,348
The defensive gap isn't even remotely massive, and I'm not sure how one would get that idea. It's barely there, brother. And setting aside that we're talking about how good they are now (and not tallying seasons per side), placing Nico above Thomas this season is the wildest take in this thread by a mile (also, Thomas was injured in a couple of those seasons, too). For me, I'd put them about level at the moment. Too close to argue over it.

All that said, comparing him to Hischier was in no way the crux of my remark. I was mostly alluding to how everyone and their mother somehow imagines that Suzuki is better than Thomas, which is just the height of delusion.

Nico is elite defensively, Thomas is below average.

A redraft is going back in time and figuring out who you'd rather have taken. Since you only get 7 years of control before a player hits UFA, those are the most meaningful ones for a redraft.

Also I should correct it i had thomas years mixed up. He was also injured in 20-21 and worse than nico when they both played.

17-18: Nico 1C and the second best player on a playoff team, Thomas not in NHL
18-19: Nico better
19-20: close, but I have to lean towards the much better defense and better goalscoring from nico
20-21 both missed significant time but nico was more productive and again much better defensively
21-22: very close, but I'll give thomas the edge for the point gap despite the edge scoring and defensively
22-23: Nico by a wide margin
23-24: Edge to thomas, nico has goalscoring edge but missed time and a dip in defensive play favour RT
Going forward: Nico

Nico is imo better in these areas:
Defensively
PK
PP
Faceoffs
Offensive play driver
Goal scorer
Disciplined play

Thomas is a better
Shooter
Passer

The gap in how often they put their team on the PP is massive.

Overall robert thomas in his career has given the blues 0 extra power plays than he's taken
Overall nico hischier in his career has given the devils 100 extra power plays compared to what he's taken.
10 févr. à 23 h 6
mokumboi

A redraft is going back in time and figuring out who you'd rather have taken. Since you only get 7 years of control before a player hits UFA, those are the most meaningful ones for a redraft.

Also I should correct it i had thomas years mixed up. He was also injured in 20-21 and worse than nico when they both played.

19-20: close, but I have to lean towards the much better defense and better goalscoring from nico
20-21 both missed significant time but nico was more productive and again much better defensively
21-22: very close, but I'll give thomas the edge for the point gap despite the edge scoring and defensively
23-24: Edge to thomas, nico has goalscoring edge but missed time and a dip in defensive play favour RT

Defensively
PK
PP
Faceoffs
Offensive play driver
Goal scorer
Disciplined play

Thomas is a better
Shooter
Passer

Overall robert thomas in his career has given the blues 0 extra power plays than he's taken
Overall nico hischier in his career has given the devils 100 extra power plays compared to what he's taken.

Like I said, it wasn't at all about Hischier. It was about Suzuki, and both our guys are better than him. Suffice it to say I don't agree on all your category superiority choices (and feel like some categories where Thomas has a clear edge were left out), and I wasnt speaking from a cumulative historical rundown perspective. It's not a debate I'm looking for.
13 févr. à 13 h 55
Xercuses
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,616

Defensively
PK
PP
Faceoffs
Offensive play driver
Goal scorer
Disciplined play

Thomas is a better
Shooter
Passer

Thomas is elite defensively tf? Not saying he’s better or worse than Nico but saying he’s below average shows a lack of knowledge
mokumboi a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage