Forums/Armchair-GM

Fleury Spurgeon and Smith

Créé par: BeterChiarelli
Équipe: 2023-24 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 10 janv. 2024
Publié: 10 janv. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Trade with the Wild contingent on Spurgeon's health.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Fleury, Marc-Andr
1875 000 $
Transactions
EDM
  1. Fleury, Marc-André (1 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Spurgeon, Jared (575 000 $ retained)
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2024 (BUF)
MIN
  1. Akey, Beau
  2. Campbell, Jack
  3. Ceci, Cody
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2025 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
Fleury, Marc-André ($875,000 retained)
ANA
  1. Fleury, Marc-André
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Smith, Reilly
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Berezkin, Maksim [Liste de réserve]
  2. Kane, Evander
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de BUF
Logo de EDM
Logo de NSH
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de ANA
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $83 403 292 $850 000 $3 875 000 $96 708 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 6
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
C
RFA - 2
874 125 $874 125 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 225 000 $$3M)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 3
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
Fleury, Marc-Andr
875 000 $875 000 $
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 janv. à 18 h 35
Mac1010
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 723
As much as I like spurgeon. this would not be a good trade long term for EDM. The cap complication in that time with Dri and bouchard EXT plus Mdavid. the 7M will make it very tough at that point.
SwarmChair a aimé ceci.
10 janv. à 18 h 37
VGKNation702
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,619
Quoting: mm1010
As much as I like spurgeon. this would not be a good trade long term for EDM. The cap complication in that time with Dri and bouchard EXT plus Mdavid. the 7M will make it very tough at that point.

What do you mean? They dumped the Campbell contract (which there’s no chance Minnesota does that anyways)
10 janv. à 18 h 44
Mac1010
Quoting: VGKNation702
What do you mean? They dumped the Campbell contract (which there’s no chance Minnesota does that anyways)

agreed Minnesota wouldnt do that.

It adds 2 million more in cap down the road with Dri who will get a huge raise probably in the 13M range and bouchard who is having a career year at a point per game... have to think that will be 7.5-9M range at least. that eats up 20-22M and a roster of 10 players. now with the remaining 18-20M you need to sign 11-13 players including 2 top 6 fwds and a goalie. also have to keep in mind mcdavid and skinner raise the follow year which will be what 15M and 4-5 M for skinner.

what I am saying is don't need the extra 2 mill tide up in an aging defenseman... will cause big headaches.
10 janv. à 18 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: VGKNation702

I worked the deal out with Minnesota Wild fans. The talk is that he's not worth such a massive deal and they need to maneuver around their $14.5M buyouts to Parise and Suter. The buyout between Campbell and Spurgeon is similar in value, but they recoup assets in this case and get a one-year stopgap in Ceci while they're still retooling.

The risk is more Edmonton's but the focus of the goal is to juice the last bit of usefulness out of Spurgeon over the next two seasons before considering jettisoning him via buyoutor other means. He should pair exceptionally well with Nurse and if it means a cup or two in the next two years, I don't care about year three or four of the deal.

It's virtually a deal for the next two years before the Draisaitl extension is due. I won't pretend to assume the cap could accommodate by then but Edmonton can accommodate his buyout then much better than they can afford Campbell's this summer. If it means a cup or two within this two year window, I'm taking it every day. I don't think a better deal to get rid of Campbell exists.
10 janv. à 18 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
agreed Minnesota wouldnt do that.

It adds 2 million more in cap down the road with Dri who will get a huge raise probably in the 13M range and bouchard who is having a career year at a point per game... have to think that will be 7.5-9M range at least. that eats up 20-22M and a roster of 10 players. now with the remaining 18-20M you need to sign 11-13 players including 2 top 6 fwds and a goalie. also have to keep in mind mcdavid and skinner raise the follow year which will be what 15M and 4-5 M for skinner.

what I am saying is don't need the extra 2 mill tide up in an aging defenseman... will cause big headaches.

The deal was arranged with fans of the Wild. The buyouts between Spurgeon and Campbell are comparable and due to their dead cap situation, may be forced to buy out Spurgeon. It seems like an opportune way to get rid of Campbell.
10 janv. à 18 h 50
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 330
Compare the buyout on Spurgeon to Campbell’s buyout. And you will see why the Oilers shouldn’t make this move.
10 janv. à 18 h 53
Mac1010
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I worked the deal out with Minnesota Wild fans. The talk is that he's not worth such a massive deal and they need to maneuver around their $14.5M buyouts to Parise and Suter. The buyout between Campbell and Spurgeon is similar in value, but they recoup assets in this case and get a one-year stopgap in Ceci while they're still retooling.

The risk is more Edmonton's but the focus of the goal is to juice the last bit of usefulness out of Spurgeon over the next two seasons before considering jettisoning him via buyoutor other means. He should pair exceptionally well with Nurse and if it means a cup or two in the next two years, I don't care about year three or four of the deal.

It's virtually a deal for the next two years before the Draisaitl extension is due. I won't pretend to assume the cap could accommodate by then but Edmonton can accommodate his buyout then much better than they can afford Campbell's this summer. If it means a cup or two within this two year window, I'm taking it every day. I don't think a better deal to get rid of Campbell exists.

I see what you are saying. he could provide value in that time. What I am seeing is the buyout is almost 2X what campbells is though so can still cause a problem long term.
10 janv. à 19 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: SwarmChair
Compare the buyout on Spurgeon to Campbell’s buyout. And you will see why the Oilers shouldn’t make this move.

I see what you are saying. he could provide value in that time. What I am seeing is the buyout is almost 2X what campbells is though so can still cause a problem long term.

That is a problem for when the salary cap is significantly higher than where it is today. The focus is where the Oilers are today and next summer. The Oilers can't really afford to buy out Campbell and eat Brown's bonus at the same time if they also intend to upgrade their top-4 RHD. This defers the need to accumulate that dead cap for what will likely be two seasons.

We don't know if Connor and Leon are here after three years. We know they are here for the next two. The only focus should be to maximize the odds of winning in that window. Cross the Spurgeon bridge in year three when you have to.
10 janv. à 19 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 619
Weirdly enough, I don't hate this
11 janv. à 15 h 0
Mac1010
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
That is a problem for when the salary cap is significantly higher than where it is today. The focus is where the Oilers are today and next summer. The Oilers can't really afford to buy out Campbell and eat Brown's bonus at the same time if they also intend to upgrade their top-4 RHD. This defers the need to accumulate that dead cap for what will likely be two seasons.

We don't know if Connor and Leon are here after three years. We know they are here for the next two. The only focus should be to maximize the odds of winning in that window. Cross the Spurgeon bridge in year three when you have to.

I don't find next year an issue at all even with a buy out and browns bonus. if you are up grading the Top 4 RHD your moving Ceci out to create space. If you want to keep dri and mcdavid as katz would love too seeing how with them the oilers bring in the most revenue in the league and the franchise value is up to 1.6B. would katz like a cup yeah he probably would. would he prefer to make sure he has room for his cash cows would be a bigger drive. hence bringing in mcdavid agent and old coach... its not a coincidence.

the odds of either of them moving is very slim. the only teams that could offered them are at the bottom of the league. or would have to gut their team to fit them in. the best option for both money and a chance to win is EDM. and the team needs to plan accordingly.

the Spurgeon trade complicates all of this and you can find other options at a easier to handle price tag. keep space for your stars long term while increasing the chance to win long term not just for 2 years.
11 janv. à 15 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
I don't find next year an issue at all even with a buy out and browns bonus. if you are up grading the Top 4 RHD your moving Ceci out to create space. If you want to keep dri and mcdavid as katz would love too seeing how with them the oilers bring in the most revenue in the league and the franchise value is up to 1.6B. would katz like a cup yeah he probably would. would he prefer to make sure he has room for his cash cows would be a bigger drive. hence bringing in mcdavid agent and old coach... its not a coincidence.

the odds of either of them moving is very slim. the only teams that could offered them are at the bottom of the league. or would have to gut their team to fit them in. the best option for both money and a chance to win is EDM. and the team needs to plan accordingly.

the Spurgeon trade complicates all of this and you can find other options at a easier to handle price tag. keep space for your stars long term while increasing the chance to win long term not just for 2 years.

Who is this specific target you are referring to that Edmonton can upgrade Ceci with? If we assume that Edmonton's cap situation is going to remain relatively unchanged thanks to Brown's bonuses and a Campbell buyout, Edmonton trades Kulak with no salary returned (Broberg to replace on a one-year, sub-$1M deal) and the sum dollar value of the forwards is unchanged, the Oilers will have about $6M to spend on a backup goaltender and their Ceci upgrade.

The only way that I see that working is if the incumbent RHD is a rental, as Edmonton is going to need retention to bring anyone notable in, no matter how cheap a backup they procure.

The example above doesn't have the same problem. Whatever money I clear from moving Kulak in lieu of Broberg (again same parameters that you get to work with, next years forwards cost the same) can be dumped on a backup and possibly a 23rd skater (about $1.6M). The math is easier to work with next year and gives Edmonton multiple years of having two top blueline pairings instead of burning assets to backfill the role year over year. I don't hate that option either but you cannot tell me that your solution is less complicated. I need three trades and a couple UFAs to get a 2024-25 roster to work. You would require more moves just to dodge a theoretical extra $2M in dead cap in year 3 (we've been conservative in thinking Spurgeon only lasts two years, maybe he would be LTIR instead of buyout?).

Totally open to making the math work but I still adamant that worrying about 2025-26 when we're yet to win anything is putting the cart before the horse.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage